InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Good Intentions ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Some one said Kouga was ooc in the last chapter and all I have to say about that is watch episode 36 Kagome kidnapped by Kouga, the wolf demon... Kouga not pushy? *Sigh* Anyway here it is and just so you know there is a LIME... Don't say I didn't warn you and thank you to my new beat Rhiara and to all who reviewed...

~ * ~

InuYasha was lounging on the couch wishing that he had gone with Kagome and her mother to the store. The old man was out on the shrine grounds and Kagome’s little brother was at school, so he was stuck, alone, and bored out of his mind.

When he heard a knock at the door, he slipped on his concealing rosary and went to answer it. He could tell that there were three females on the other side. He opened it, realizing too late, that he should have known it was Kagome’s school friends.

“Oh, who are you?” the pretty girl with long wavy hair asked.

“Yuka, do you think it’s him. Kagome’s two timing boyfriend?” questioned another with shorter hair and a headband.

“I can hear you, you know,” InuYasha said with unmasked irritation and a roll of his eyes. He didn't see how Kagome could stand to be around these three for any length of time.

All three girls blushed. “We’re sorry,” the first girl offered. “We just came to see if Kagome was feeling up to visitors.”

“She’s at the store with her mother. They should be back soon,” InuYasha replied flatly.

“Oh then we’ll just wait,” Yuka told him stepping inside.

InuYasha fought the urge to groan and shut the door behind the girls. They were whispering about him, not realizing he could hear every word that they were saying.

“He’s so cute,” the girl with the longest hair said dreamily.

“Yeah, but you heard all the things Kagome used to say about him Ayumi.” Yuka reminded her. “Eri, you know what to do.”

The one called Eri nodded and went into the kitchen while Yuka and Ayumi cornered InuYasha. “So how is Kagome?” Ayumi asked with a polite smile.

“Better. She has most of her memory back now,” InuYasha replied, reminding himself that Kagome would be upset if he was rude to her annoying friends, and that an upset Kagome did not want to ‘make out’ on her bed for hours at a time.

“I’m surprised you’re here,” Yuka said making no attempt to keep her obvious dislike of him from her tone. “Why go to all the trouble to visit Kagome when you have another girlfriend to replace her with? Did you even go see her in the hospital?”

InuYasha bit back the remark on his tongue and clenched his fists. “I don’t have another girlfriend and actually I was there at the hospital when she woke up, and I stayed with her until she was released." He took a deep breath to calm himself before continuing. "You can ask her if you don’t believe me, but don’t pretend that you know me, because you don’t.”

The missing girl, Eri, returned to the room and sat down. InuYasha didn’t miss the small nod she gave Yuka nor the concerned look that the Ayumi girl gave them both. It was clear that they were planning something and whatever it was, Ayumi didn’t exactly approve.

Keh, let them think what they want. What do I care? Kagome knows what she means to me and that’s all that matters. InuYasha did his best to ignore the trio of females staring at him and counted the seconds as he waited for Kagome. Only for her would he not yell at the stupid girls sitting across from him.

Thankfully he only had to wait about ten minutes. He jumped up and went outside to help with the groceries.

“Kagome your friends-” he started, but was cut of by feminine squeals. They surrounded Kagome like a pack of wild dogs and didn’t even try to keep him from hearing their questions.

“Kagome what is he doing here?” Yuka demanded.

“You can do so much better.” Eri added.

“He seems nice to me.” Ayumi interjected softly. “Kagome, did he really come see you in the hospital?”

Asami put a hand on InuYasha’s arm when she noticed his frown. “Come on, let’s get these bags inside. Kagome can handle them.”

“Slow down,” Kagome said loudly. “I’m excited to see you too, but I can’t answer you all at once. Aymui, yes he did come see me in the hospital and he stayed the entire time I was there helping me with my therapy. Let’s go inside and we’ll talk there.”

InuYasha was sitting on the sofa when they came in. Kagome went over to him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “I’m sorry,” she whispered. “I won’t be long and I’ll make it up to you later, okay?”

She went to stand up and he grabbed her wrist. InuYasha gave her a lingering kiss and released her. She smiled at him and led her friends upstairs.

“That was so sweet,” Ayumi proclaimed brightly as the door closed.

“Sweet, Ayumi?” Yuka questioned with a frown. “He was just being overly possessive if you ask me.”

“Hojou would be much better for you Kagome,” Eri agreed.

“I’m going to show you all something,” Kagome told them and she tugged at her hair. The mid back length wig came off revealing hair that brushed the skin just below her cheekbone.

“Kagome, your hair,” they all gasped as one.

She gave a small smile, touching the short strands nervously. “They shaved it all off at the hospital.”

Yuka reached out and ran her hand along the black tresses. “Wow. I couldn’t even tell you were wearing a wig. That has to be real hair.”

“It is,” Kagome replied. “It was InuYasha’s. I know I’ve said bad things about him to you all, but the times I can remember are times when I was angry with him. He is so much more than what you know of him. Just give him a chance.”

“Okay Kagome,” Ayumi said at once.

Yuka and Eri were not so quick to respond. Kagome sighed. “Lets go back down.” She left the wig on the bed. She didn’t make a point of wearing when she was at home now that her hair had grown in evenly to its current length.

InuYasha looked at her and she could see that he was surprised that she had shown her friends her hair. “Kagome dear,” her mother called. “Come here. Quickly please.”

Kagome hurried to her mother in the kitchen. “Yes mama.”

“It seems you have another visitor coming. I thought you might want to head this one off,” her mother said. “I would say your friends have been meddling.”

“Oh no,” Kagome said seeing Hojou heading for the house. She hurried to slip on her shoes and went out the shoji to meet him.

“Higurashi, it is good to see you,” Hojou offered with a slight bow. “Your hair looks lovely like that.”

“Uh...Thanks,” Kagome replied nervously digging the toe of her shoe into the dirt. “What are you doing here?”

“I spoke to your friends and they told me you were back so I thought I would ask if you might want to go to the carnival with me this evening,” Hojou replied.

“Hojou I...” Kagome started. She groaned inwardly as her friends came running out of the house. InuYasha, she noted, was standing in the door way and she didn’t like the look on his face. “Hojou I have...”

“We’ll all go together,” Yuka interrupted.

“Good. I’ll be back at six,” Hojou said. “It’s good seeing you, Higurashi.”

“We better go too,” Eri announced. “We have to get ready. Bye.”

Kagome looked to the house and found InuYasha gone. She went inside. “Mama, where’s InuYasha?”

Asami turned from the sink. “I think he’s in Souta’s room. Kagome, your friends, they said some things. I was surprised he managed to hold his temper. He’s pretty upset. Just remember that if he starts to take it out on you.”

Kagome opened the door to Souta’s room and found InuYasha playing a video game. It was a fighting game and with the way he was pushing the buttons she was surprised the controller still worked. He didn’t so much as glance at her. She closed the door and sat beside him, gently pulling the controller from his hands. He still didn’t look at her. “InuYasha, what did they say to you?”

“It doesn’t matter,” he snapped. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for your date?”

“I don’t have a date unless it’s with you,” she said gently.

He looked at his hands, shoulders slumped, and ears drooped so low that they almost disappeared into his hair. “They told me that you already agreed to go with that Hobo guy to the carnival tonight. They said that he would be nice to you and that I didn’t deserve to be with you because of all the times I hurt you, and they were right. So just go.”

Kagome grabbed his face and forced him to look at her. “They were not right and I don’t ever want to hear you say that again. I love you InuYasha. Why can’t you just accept that? I don’t want to be with Hojou or anyone else.” She sighed and came to her feet, turning her back on him so that he wouldn't be able to see the tears forming in her eyes. “Why are you acting this way? I can’t believe how easily three girls made you doubt my feelings for you. Everything was fine before they came over. You knew I loved you and I knew you loved me, and now...I’m not so sure, if you’re willing to give up on me that easily... I’m going to my room. When you decided whether or not you still want us to be together come tell me.”

Kagome collapsed onto her bed. She was angry, but more than that she was hurt. She didn’t understand how he could have so little faith in her, in them. It wasn't long before her pillow was damp with her tears. Didn’t he know that she loved him? Didn’t he believe her? Did he really think so little of her, that he would believe her feelings so fickle?

InuYasha stared at the door. Baka. Some guy isn’t going to take her from you. You are going to force her away, with your own stupid insecurities. She’s right to be upset and worst of all you made her question your feelings for her, as if you haven’t done that enough in the past.

InuYasha got up and headed for her room. He opened the door and was overwhelmed by the pungent odor of her tears. The scent of her sadness filled his senses and he cursed himself for being its cause. “Kagome, I’m sorry. You’re right. I was being stupid, making the same mistake that almost took you from me before. I want to be with you.”

She sat up and he crossed the room. Joining her on her bed, he wiped away her tears. “InuYasha, you have to believe in me, just like I believe in you,” she told him. “Naraku tricked you and Kikyou because you didn’t trust each other, you didn’t have faith in your feelings for one another.”

“I know,” he replied. “I was stupid okay. It won’t happen again I promise.”

“I guess I can forgive you this once,” she said at last. “But only if you agree to be my date to the carnival.” A deep blush heated her face. “Now go lock the door and then kiss me until I forget why I was upset with you.”

He smirked at her. “I can live with that wench.”

Kagome lay back on her bed. She stretched out and watched InuYasha cross the room and return to her. She wrapped her arms around him as he rested his body over hers and captured her lips in kiss.

“My beautiful K’gome,” he muttered against her lips.

She reached up and brushed a hand along his cheek. “My beautiful InuYasha.”

He blushed, and she leaned up, demanding he kiss her again. His hand slipped under her shirt and cupped her breast and she slipped her hands under the back of his T-shirt. He groaned as she ran her nails along his lower back, and she delighted in the way his muscles rippled under her touch.

“Off,” she breathed tugging at his shirt. “I want to feel you.”

He sat up briefly to pull the shirt off over his head and with a blush she removed her shirt as well. “Kagome...”

She crossed her arms over her chest as he stared. Kagome chewed her lower lip. Did he not think she was pretty enough? “InuYasha?”

He leaned down and kissed her. Kagome forgot to cover herself as she got lost in his kiss and her arms left her chest, wrapping around him. He grabbed her hands and held them over her head. Kagome couldn’t meet his gaze as he moved to look down at her.

“Kagome... You’re perfect,” he said softly.

She looked into his eyes and his deep molten gaze captured her. He released her wrists and cupped one of her breasts in his hand. He freed her from her bra and as his thumb flicked over her nipple it was all she could do not to cry out. Slowly he rolled it between his fingers and she could not tear her eyes away from his. Experimentally he pinched and she gasped. A smirk played on his lips.

“You liked that, huh?” he asked teasingly.

She growled a little. “Inu...Ahh...”

InuYasha interrupted her by giving her nipple another soft pinch. His lips fell over hers and he kissed her roughly. As she stroked his ears he couldn’t help but grind himself against her. He could feel her heat through the pants he was wearing.

Kagome tore her lips away from his as her back arched off the bed. She wrapped her legs around him and pulled him against her again. He groaned against her neck and began to nip and suck at her delicate skin. Over and over he rubbed himself against her and each time he brushed again the most sensitive part of her core. His mouth trailed along her jaw and down her neck.

He sucked gently on one of her erect peaks and when he bit down she gasped. “Again.”

InuYasha obliged her. He sucked and nibbled on her breasts. She grew steadily louder and he was forced to return his lips to her own.

Her nails dug into his shoulders as he swallowed her cry. InuYasha could feel her trembling beneath him. He nuzzled her neck. “That was good right?”

She giggled a little and blushed as he looked at her. “Very good...InuYasha did you...Finish I mean?”

He shook his head. “But don’t...”

Kagome pushed him off of her and silenced him with a kiss. Her hands slipped into his sweat pants and gripped him. Slowly she moved her hand along his length.

“K’gome, what...” He groaned.

“Am I doing it wrong?” she asked. He shook his head. “Then just let me do for you what you did for me, okay?”

InuYasha barely managed a nod as she continued to stroke him. He was already very close to his release from bringing her pleasure and just needed a little bit more. “Ah...fuck...” he growled.

“Tell me what you want,” Kagome whispered as she kissed his chest.

“Harder...” He groaned.

Kagome tightened her grip and moved her hand faster. Without warning something warm coated the back of her hand and he grabbed her wrist. InuYasha still held her hand as he kissed her. Kagome pulled her hand away and looked at it. She wondered if InuYasha would think it strange that she had the desire to lick her hand and taste his release. She didn’t wonder for long as he grabbed her hand.

“Looks like I made a mess,” he said. She blushed but nodded. His tongue darted out and cleaned some of the sticky moisture from her hand.

The taste of his seed mixed with the flavor of her skin gave him a heady feeling. His eyes opened wide as she followed his example licked the back of her hand. She was blushing madly, but a shy smile graced her lips. He pulled her against his chest and kissed her as he smoothed her hair.

They broke apart when someone knocked on the door. “Kagome,” her mother called.

“Yes mama,” Kagome replied.

“Your friends will be here in less than an hour so you and InuYasha might want to start getting ready for the carnival,” Asami told her.

“All right. Thank you mama,” Kagome said.

InuYasha grabbed her again when her mother had gone and started kissing her. “You are something else wench.”

“So are you,” she replied. “I hope now you’ll be able to remember that you’re the only one I want. Now go get changed. Tonight, I am going to make it clear that I am with you and that I have no interest in Hojou.”

InuYasha liked the sound of that. He put his shirt back on before leaving her room to get dressed in the room he shared with Souta, but first he went to talk to Asami.

“Could you help me?” he asked with only a slight pinking of his cheeks. “I don’t know what to wear or what to do at one of these carnivals. I don’t want to embarrass Kagome.”

Asami smiled. “Of course.”

InuYasha dressed in the black slacks and red shirt Kagome’s mother had chosen for him. He pulled on the black sport coat she had explained was more to give to Kagome if she were to get cold than for him. He put the wallet she had given him filled with money into his pocket and made sure the leather thong tying back his hair was secure.

InuYasha was waiting on the sofa when Kagome came downstairs. She was wearing a dark blue dress with a red sweater and she was once again wearing her wig. He approached her and grabbed a strand of what was once his hair. “You don’t need this. You look fine without it.”

“You really think so?” she asked, shyly meeting his gaze. He nodded and pulled it off her head. His clawed hand brushed out her hair. “Okay, but I have to go fix it.”

Her friends and Hojou arrived before she came back downstairs. InuYasha ignored them.

“Kagome you aren’t wearing your wig?” Yuka asked.

Kagome reached up and touched her short hair self-consciously. “I think she looks fine without it,” InuYasha said.

“So do I,” Hojou offered.

InuYasha scowled at the stupid human boy. “Let’s go.” Kagome suggested cheerfully.

The group arrived and InuYasha had already noticed several things about her friends that he needed to tell her about. Kagome reached into her purse only to be stopped by both InuYasha and Hojou. “Kagome,” both said together.

“If you would allow me...” Hojou began.

“Forget about it,” InuYasha growled stepping in front of Hojou and paying for himself and Kagome. Kagome looked surprised but smiled at him as they entered the carnival. He pulled her around behind a ticket booth. “I have a plan.”

“What is it?” Kagome asked.

“Your friend, the one that ain’t annoying...Ayumi I think, she likes that dumb Hobo guy,” InuYasha explained. “I think he likes her too.”

Her eyes widened in shock. “How do you know?”

“The same way I know that Sango likes it when the bouzo gropes her and that Miroku likes to get slapped,” InuYasha told her.

“Then why is Hojou trying to go out with me?” Kagome questioned.

“Maybe he thinks that your friend don’t like him that way, since she’s always trying to set him up with you,” InuYasha reasoned.

“Kagome, where are you?” Yuka called.

Kagome and InuYasha stepped out into the open. “Right here.”

“Let’s go on a ride,” Yuka suggested.

When it came time to get on at the ride, a haunted house, Eri grabbed InuYasha. “You can ride with me and Kagome can ride with Hojou.”

InuYasha didn’t have time to protest. As they were going through the dark where ridiculously pathetic and not the least bit frightening things popped out at them every so often, InuYasha was forced to remember the other thing he meant to tell Kagome.

Eri clutched his arm and kept hiding her face in his shoulder. He tried to ignore her as in the cart just ahead he could make out the outline of his Kagome trying to sit as far away from Hojou as possible. He noticed with pride that she never so much as flinched when something jumped out at her. His Kagome never was one to be easily frightened.

He looked at the girl beside him with irritation as the ride ended. She had taken his hand and had it in a death grip that made him wonder if she was part youkai. He saw Kagome looking at him curiously. He pulled his hand free and went to her side.

InuYasha grabbed her elbow and pulled her a few feet ahead of their group. “I meant to tell you that friend of yours... She don’t want you to be with Hojou because she doesn’t like me.”

“You mean...” Kagome whispered. InuYasha nodded and to his surprise a soft growl escaped. A dark frown creased her brow. “That little traitor. Come on.” They stopped at the Ferris wheel and this time Kagome took charge. “Ayumi you come with me and InuYasha.” She turned to a stunned Yuka, Eri and Hojou. “You three ride together.”

They climbed into a car and started up as other riders loaded in. Kagome wasted no time. She slipped her hand into InuYasha’s and turned to her friend. “Ayumi do you have a crush on Hojou?”

The girl blushed. “Kagome...No...I mean what gave you that idea.”

“So you do,” Kagome said with a smile. “Ayumi-chan I do not like Hojou, not like that anyway. I’m, with InuYasha and I think you and Hojou would be great together. InuYasha and I both think that Hojou likes you that way too, but that he is afraid to tell you since you always try to set him up with me.”

“Really?” Ayumi asked hopefully.

They both nodded. “So Ayumi do you want to see if we can get you a boyfriend of your own before the end of the night?” Kagome asked. She was answered by another blush and a nod.

By the time the ride was over the plan was set. InuYasha didn’t much care for it, since it involved Kagome going off alone with Hojou, but he was willing to go along with it to get rid of him and those girls.

“Uh Higurashi...Kagome would you like a drink?” Hojou asked.

Kagome smiled and walked off with Hojou to get a drink. As he purchased it and handed it to her she looked at him. “Hojou, why are you buying this for me when I know you would rather be buying it for Ayumi?”

Hojou choked on the drink in his mouth and Kagome had to step back to keep from being spat on. “W-w-what?” Hojou stammered.

“I know you like Ayumi and I also know that she likes you,” Kagome told him. “I’m with InuYasha and he makes me happy. Why don’t you take this and offer it to the girl you really want to go out with?” She pressed the drink back into his hand.

“You really think Ayumi sees me as more than a friend?”

“I know she does,” Kagome replied.

InuYasha watched Kagome as she returned without a drink but with a smile, and he knew the plan had gone well. Hojou stopped in front of Ayumi and InuYasha almost laughed at the looks on the other two girls’ faces.

“Ayumi I bought this for you,” Hojou said.

Ayumi blushed. “Thank you.”

“Would you like to play a game?” Hojou asked. Ayumi smiled and nodded.

Kagome cheered silently as her friend walked off with Hojou, until Yuka and Eri descended upon her.

“Kagome what was that all about?” Yuka demanded. “All this time we have been working to get you and Hojou together and you ruined it.”

“I never wanted to be with Hojou,” Kagome replied. “Ayumi did, and he likes her as well, so they should be together. InuYasha is the one I want to be with.”

“Some boyfriend he is,” Eri sneered. “He was all over me in the haunted house and I didn’t hear him saying anything about being with you.”

“Well there must be something good about him if you are willing to lie to your friend so that you can have him for yourself,” Kagome snapped, her voice raised. “InuYasha and I are together and that’s it. Nothing you say or do will change a thing so you should just give up and move on before we can’t be friends anymore. Now if you don’t mind I think InuYasha and I are going to finish this date by ourselves.”

They walked off leaving her stunned friends staring at the retreating forms. At the first opportunity InuYasha pulled her away behind a small group of trees and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her roughly as he held her flush against him.

InuYasha looked down at her. “Do you have any idea what it did to me seeing you telling those dumb girl off like that?”

She pressed herself against him more firmly. “I do now.”

He smirked. After another longer kiss, which was interrupted by the snickering of a couple of kids around Souta’s age, they stepped back out amongst the crowd of people. Almost right away they ran into Ayumi and Hojou. The girl was carrying a fairly large stuffed animal with huge eyes that InuYasha assumed was supposed to be some kind of cat.

“Isn’t it cute Kagome?” Ayumi asked happily. “Hojou-kun won it for me... So, where are Yuka and Eri?”

Kagome noticed that Hojou was blushing. “InuYasha and I decided it would be more fun if we went off on our own, and now we’ll let you two get back to your date.”

Once they were away from Ayumi and Hojou, InuYasha stopped. “Your mother said I should try and win you something. So do you want one of those stupid looking cat things or what?”

“Actually I was thinking more along the lines of one of those.” Kagome told him pointing at a medium sized stuffed white dog at a booth set up to test your strength. She figured he would have no problems, and she really did prefer dogs, after all.

“So what do I have to do?” he asked.

“You just have to make the bell at the top ring by hitting that thing at the bottom,” Kagome explained. “You get two tries, so use the first one to gauge how much strength you need to use and then it should be easy for you to win.”

They walked over and InuYasha handed over some money. He did just what Kagome said and took an easy swing. The marker went just over halfway to the top. He glanced at the man beside them and his face clearly showed that he didn’t think InuYasha would be able to do it. InuYasha was tempted to hit the damn thing as hard as he could but he didn’t want to upset Kagome.

The man looked properly shocked when the bell rang. Instead of waiting for the man to ask, InuYasha grabbed one of the stuffed dogs Kagome had wanted and handed it to her. He put his arm around her waist and smirked at the man as he led her away.

They walked around the carnival for a little longer before returning to the shrine. As they walked home Kagome held her stuffed dog under one arm and InuYasha’s hand with the other. She couldn’t help but smile. Even though she couldn’t remember ever having gone out on a date before, she was certain that this had to have been one of the best dates ever.