InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Old Friends ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: I am sorry it’s late. I just couldn’t seem to finish the chapter. I am going to try and get the next one up as soon as I can.

Thank you to everyone who reviewed. I really appreciate it

Now, on with the story.

~ * ~

Never in his life could InuYasha remember having slept better or having woken feeling more content. He knew he probably looked ridiculous, but as he looked at his sleeping mate, no matter how hard he tried, he could not wipe the grin from his face. Just the word, mate, was enough to cause his fangs to peek out from behind his lips as his grin widened into a smile.

InuYasha didn’t want to wake Kagome but he simply couldn’t repress the urge to nuzzle her neck as she slept comfortably in his arms. His hands stroked her bare back and a contented rumble spilled from him.

Kagome sighed as a wonderful tingling sensation spread across her back, and something warm and moist ran over her throat. As she slowly worked her way to consciousness, she realized that it was InuYasha’s hands and his skilled tongue rousing her in such a pleasant way.

Without opening her eyes she somehow managed to reach up and find one of his ears. “I could get used to waking up like this.”

The gentle kisses being pressed to her neck ceased and he lifted his head. “Good. Did you get enough sleep?”

Kagome smiled and nodded. “I feel wonderful, but I think I could do with a shower and so could you.”

She shifted, trying to extract herself from his grasp and winced a little at the slight soreness she was feeling. It occurred to her that maybe making love with her hanyou three times had been a bit much considering she had never been with anyone before. InuYasha must have sensed her discomfort because he frowned.

“I hurt you.” It wasn’t a question.

Kagome hated the look of self-loathing on his face and pressed a hand to his cheek. “No, you took care of me and loved me. I just haven’t used some of those muscles before and am a little sore. You were perfect, everything was perfect, better than I ever dreamed.”

She wasn’t sure he was going to let it go until he smirked at her.

“Hentai wench.” He teased, nipping at her neck. “So exactly how long have you been having ecchi dreams about me?”

Kagome moaned softly. “Too long, and if you come take a shower with me I might even be persuaded to tell you about them.”

To both her relief and disappointment that got his attention and he lifted her into his arms. Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her down the hall to the bathroom. Once she was on her feet she turned on the water and selected a temperature that she hoped wouldn’t send her mate running from the bathroom. Their shower was filled with gentle caresses and tender kisses as well as the requisite cleaning.

Out of the shower Kagome felt much better and she began to formulate her plans for the next few days, before they would return to the past. She was so excited to return to her friends and tell them that she had her memory back and also that she and InuYasha were together, but she didn’t want to waste this chance to spend time alone with InuYasha.

InuYasha watched Kagome making breakfast. She was singing softly and dancing as she put the food onto plates. She presented him his meal and sat across from him.

“So I was thinking... I want to get something to give to Sango and Miroku for their wedding.” Kagome began. “I thought I would get her some fabric to make a new kimono, but I don’t know what to get Miroku.”

“Isn’t that bouzo always asking to try some of the sake from this era?” InuYasha suggested. “Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?”

“That’s perfect.” Kagome exclaimed. “That’s just the sort of thing one man might give to another as a wedding gift. Oh...but I’m not old enough to buy it.” Her smiled faltered, but only briefly. “You can buy it. Those papers from Sesshomaru give your age as 20.”

“So...” InuYasha prompted.

“You have to be 20 to buy alcohol in this time.” Kagome explained. “I thought we could go shopping today and maybe spend the night in the past, so I can tell everyone about my memory returning.” She paused and her cheeks pinked slightly. “Then we could come back here and take advantage of having the house to ourselves. Once my family gets comes home we can go back to look for the last shard. What do you think?”

Truthfully he could have done without the shopping and going to the past and skipped right to the taking advantage of the empty house, but she looked so happy he couldn’t muster the will to say anything that might dampen her spirits. “Keh, whatever you want.”

InuYasha got even happier he had agreed so easily when she jumped up and came to sit in his lap, hugging him tightly. He growled softly and demanded a kiss, which she gave freely. He was however a little disappointed when she returned to her own seat to finish eating.

Kagome giggled at the pout that had settled over her hanyou’s features. “They’ll be plenty of time for that when we get back, I promise.”

“I’ll hold you to that wench.” He assured her with a cocky smirk and an arched eyebrow.

~ * ~

When they were ready to leave Kagome went to the jar on the counter where her mother always left notes for her and money for supplies incase she wasn’t home when Kagome returned from her journeys. Inside as always she found a note from her mother along with several other things she wasn’t expecting to find.

Through Sesshomaru her mother had somehow managed to secure a photo I.D. for InuYasha and there was also a credit card that was apparently attached to his back account, which she was assured had more than enough money behind it to buy anything they might need. As always there was also some money for her to use as well.

Kagome turned to show InuYasha what she had found. “Look, isn’t it great? I was worried that we might not have enough money to get everything but mama took care of that. So, anything I don’t have enough cash for we can use your credit card...” Kagome trailed off. “I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have assumed. It’s yours after all. I can make do, if you’d rather not spend your money-”

“Keh, what are you babbling about now?” InuYasha interrupted. “We’re mates aren’t we?” Kagome nodded. “So that makes it our money, now doesn’t it.”

Kagome threw her arms around him and smiled brightly. “Have I told you today that I love you?”

“Nope.” InuYasha replied closing his arms around her waist.

She lifted her head to kiss him. “Well I do. Now let’s go. We have a lot to do.”

~ * ~

Kagome look through the many bolts of fabric trying to find the perfect one for Sango. She also decided to get some extra fabric in case Miroku wanted to wear something besides his robes and that the new couple could use to trade for any goods they might need for their new home, or to make clothes for the many children Miroku wanted.

For Miroku she chose black and deep purple in silk to match his robes and then in less expensive, more durable fabrics she selected some earth tones and one in a pink and blue pattern. With everyone wearing something new she wondered of she could convince InuYasha to wear something other than his fire rat. She didn’t realize she was staring at him as she pondered the chances of his agreeing.

“What?” He asked.

Kagome blinked and blushed. She shook her head. “I was just thinking... Maybe I would buy something for myself. I’m sure Sango or Keade would help me make a kimono for myself...And maybe something for you.”

To surprise he walked off and returned with a beautiful deep blue silk decorated with pale pink sakura blossoms. InuYasha actually liked the idea of seeing Kagome in something traditional. He didn’t want to change her and he would miss her short skirts if she didn’t wear them anymore but that didn’t mean that once in a while he wouldn’t like to see her in the clothing of his era. After all he knew she liked him in modern clothes and in his fire rat.

“It’s beautiful...” Kagome said sincerely.

“It reminds me of one of my mother’s.” InuYasha admitted.

Kagome smiled. “Does this mean I can pick something for you too?”

Kagome found a matching blue silk and eventually found a white silk with a slightly darker ivory colored flowered pattern that shone when the light hit it just the right way for Sango. She was thankful to have a hanyou shopping companion when it came to carrying their purchases home.

She had erred on the side of caution and bought more of each fabric than was likely to be needed, just incase. They dropped off the fabric at the shrine and went to purchase Miroku’s gift. While they were out Kagome also bought candy for Shippou and a large box and filled it with thread, scissors and other sewing supplies.

Getting packed to go the past was quite an event, but they finally managed to get everything stowed in a way that was convenient for carrying and headed back through the well.

~ * ~

Everyone looked up pleasantly surprised to see Kagome and InuYasha enter the hut. Large bags were set on the floor. Kagome was smiling broadly happy to be amongst friends.

“I brought you all some things.” She announced. She opened the large duffle bag and pulled out the fabric, laying it out for them to see. She handed the white silk to Sango. “A gift for my sister to make a new kimono to be married in. As well as some to barter with for anything you might need for your home and for Miroku if he wants to wear something besides his robes.”

“Kagome... This is too much. It must have cost a lot of money to get all this.” Sango protested.

Kagome shook her head. “And what is my life worth? You both have saved me countless times and been the best friends I could have asked for. You are like family to me. I was going to ask you to help me make a kimono for myself, and something for InuYasha as well. You can pay me back in that way if you feel you have to... Besides dog boy has plenty of money thanks to Sesshomaru.” Before Sango could protest again she handed two glass bottles to Miroku. “It is a tradition in my time to give gifts to the bride and groom. InuYasha came up with the idea to get you some alcohol from my time since you said you wanted to try and it. So he bought it for you, from both of us.”

Miroku looked at the two containers. “I thank you both.”

“Now for Shippou.” Kagome said. She bent down and presented the young fox with a box of pocky and a bag of candy.

Shippou hugged Kagome to thank her and noticed that she smelled different. “Kagome you smell like InuYasha.”

Kagome blushed as she stood up noticing that everyone was staring at her. She looked at InuYasha imploring him to say something and take the attention off of her red face.

“Oi, runt don’t worry about that and mind your own damn business.” InuYasha told him. He grunted as Kagome drove her elbow hard into his stomach. “Damn it woman I was going to tell them that we’re mates as soon as you told them you have your memory back.”

Both Kagome and InuYasha now sported a pink dusting across their cheeks. Neither one had planned on it being blurted out like that. Sango gasped and Miroku smiled lecherously. Kaede’s raspy laughter sounded filling the hut.

Shippou cared only about one thing as he jumped up and down in excitement. “You really have your memory back?”

Kagome kneeled down. “I sure do. InuYasha helped me get it back, by reminding me that I didn’t have to be afraid to remember all the bad stuff because I would get to remember the good as well and that was what was important.”

“That’s wonderful Kagome.” Sango offered finally finding her voice and coming over to hug her dear friend and sister.

“Indeed it is.” Miroku added. “I wonder InuYasha how long did she have her memory back before you-” He was cut off by hiraikotsu landing on his head. He rubbed the lump forming and frowned. “My darling Sango I was merely asking a simple question. You wound me. So InuYasha the lovely Kagome is your mate now, I assume that means you had the pleasure of running your hands along her firm behi-”

This time it was the hanyou’s fist that silenced the monk and left him unconscious on the floor. “Stupid bouzo.” he snorted.

“He never learns.” Sango said with a shake of her head.

~ * ~

The rest of the evening was much less eventful. Both Miroku and InuYasha content to watch the women they love begin working on new clothing for the upcoming wedding. The girls took a break when it was time to eat dinner and after informed the men that they were going to bathe in the hot springs.

Kagome and Sango sank into the warm water. “Can you believe it Sango? I never thought it would happen, that he would choose me, and now... It almost doesn’t feel real, like this has all been some crazy dream. I swear, sometimes I thought those two would never open their eyes and see what was right in front of them.”

Sango laughed quietly. “I have missed our friendship greatly and I am very glad to have you back.”

Kagome smiled. “I’m happy to remember you as well. It’s a good thing my memory returned since I am almost certain that InuYasha never would have made me his mate otherwise.”

Sango blushed and lowered her head slightly. “Kagome may I ask you something very personal?”

“Of course Sango. You’re like my sister.” Kagome replied. “You can ask me anything.”

“What was it like?” The slayer asked quietly not lifting her head. “What was it like to be with him as his wife?”

Kagome’s cheeks flushed with the memory. “Better than I ever imagined.”

Sango looked up at her friend’s wistful tone. “I have heard... Was it not painful?”

“Well it was a little uncomfortable at first, getting used to him, but not really painful.” Kagome told her. “And that slight discomfort was more than worth it in the end. I am sure you have nothing to worry about. Miroku would never hurt you. He loves you.”

“I’m worried... He must know more than I. What if I am unable to satisfy him?” Sango admitted.

“First of all Miroku may be a pervert but InuYasha told me that it’s mostly an act. Miroku hasn’t slept with anyone at least since he joined us.” Kagome said. “As for the other... I could give you some advice if you want to hear it, and wouldn’t think poorly of me for speaking of something so intimate. I know such things aren’t usually discussed.”

“I would appreciate it greatly if you were to trust me enough to share something so personal with me.” Sango replied.

~ * ~

InuYasha left the hut while the girls bathed in hopes of discouraging the nosey monk. As he headed toward the spring simply to be nearer to Kagome should she call he heard the familiar jingle of Miroku’s staff coming up behind him.

“InuYasha, might I speak with you?” Miroku asked.

The hanyou stopped with a short growl and turned back to face the monk. “What do you want and it better not be to ask me no perverted questions about me and Kagome.” InuYasha rolled his eyes as the monk swallowed hard, confirming his suspicions about the reason for Miroku’s approach. “Just what I thought. Get lost bouzo.”

“It isn’t what you think... Well not exactly. I mean I would love to know what sounds the lovely Kagome makes-” Miroku began.

“Finish that and Sango won’t be get married, or at least not to you.” InuYasha interrupted, a challenge evident in his tone.

“Forgive me, please.” Miroku pleaded. “I came to seek your advice. You see I don’t know if you are aware but I have never actually had the opportunity to-”

“Spare me.” InuYasha cut in. “I know you haven’t rutted with any of the women you whose asses you were always grabbing, just get to the fucking point.”

“I was hoping, since Kagome seems to have been pleased by her experience, that you would advise me on ways to insure that my darling Sango is just as satisfied.” Miroku said quickly.

“You have got to be kidding me.” InuYasha snorted.

“I assure I am very serious. I know many men care not about the satisfaction and enjoyment of their woman, but I am not one of those men and I am confident that you are not either.” Miroku explained. “I know you would never hurt Kagome or use her simply to satisfy your own desires. I would not want to do such to Sango in my inexperience.”

“Fuck...” InuYasha growled. “All right, but I swear if tell anyone that we talked about this, I’ll make it so it ain’t an issue if you know what I mean.”

Miroku nodded. “I give my word, should anyone hear of this it will not have been from me.”

~ * ~

By the time the girls returned from the spring, the guys were already back in the hut. Kagome and Sango both thought it odd that Miroku and InuYasha seemed to be distinctly avoiding looking at each other. Kagome took a seat beside her hanyou and put a hand on his arm.

InuYasha looked at her and she smiled softly. He could tell that she was wondering if anything was wrong, but he didn’t really feel like talking about it especially not in front of others so instead he took her hand and squeezed it gently. She seemed to understand and was satisfied to rest her head on his shoulder.

Sango worked a bit more on cutting and pinning the fabric for the new clothing. Once they were ready to be stitched Kagome could help, but until then she had to let someone who knew how to make the outfits handle it and she did after all tell the slayer that she would let her pay for the material in that way.

They stayed up later than they would usually simply enjoying each other’s company and when they finally went to bed, Shippou curled up in front of Kagome. To everyone’s surprise InuYasha lay down behind her and draped his arm over both the miko and the kitsune.