InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emergence ❯ Family ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome slid shut the kitchen shoji and then entered the kitchen where InuYasha was already waiting for her. She smiled at her hanyou. “Well let’s see... We went shopping, spent the night in the past, and told everyone about my memory,” Kagome paused as her cheeks pinked. “So I guess that only leaves taking advantage of having the house to ourselves. If you wanted to that is?”

InuYasha smirked. In his opinion Kagome had never had a better idea. He stepped over to her and pulled her into his arms. “Sounds good to me, wench.”

Kagome gasped softly as his lips fell over hers and for several moments she was perfectly content to stand there held in his arms as he kissed her. Finally she pulled away. She slipped her hand into his and led the way up to her room.

The door shut softly behind them and out of habit InuYasha locked it. Kagome waited for him to come to her and then she wrapped her hand around InuYasha’s rosary and closed her eyes.

The hanyou felt her power surround him. “What did you just do?”

Kagome looked up at him and smiled lovingly. “Osuwari.”

InuYasha flinched and braced for impact, but it never came and instead incredible warmth surrounded him. That... It feels like Kagome. “Kagome, why?”

“You haven’t needed these for a long time.” She said quietly. “ I’ve kept these on you to bind you to me and I’ve used them far more often than I should have. Now we’re connected in a different way, one that is so much better because we chose to become bound to each other. I would have taken them off all together, but I couldn’t risk it since we don’t know exactly what makes it so you can come through the well, so I changed the spell. Now the command should still get your attention, but that’s it.”

InuYasha couldn’t believe it. He was finally free of the dreaded subjugation. “Say it again.”

Kagome smiled. “Osuwari.”

Again the warmth of her power washed over him in a gentle caress. His body gave an involuntary shudder and when he spoke his tone was husky. “I don’t know what you did exactly, but that will definitely get my attention.” He held her close and as he nuzzled her neck a terrible thought sprang to mind. He pulled away. “Put it back.”

Kagome looked up at her hanyou. “Huh?”

“Put it back the way it was.” InuYasha told her.

“Why?” Kagome asked. “You’ve always hated the subjugation.”

“What if I transform?” InuYasha explained. “It’s enough knowing that you are willing to remove it, but I want it back the way it was.”

“No.” Kagome stated simply.

“Damn it wench. I told you to put the fucking spell back on.” InuYasha barked. “Now do it.”

“Or what?” Kagome questioned giving him a pointed look. “What will you do if I refuse?”

InuYasha growled. That was a good question. Then it came to him and he barked out a laugh. “I’ll get the old hag to fix it. She’s the one who put the damn thing on me in the first place.”

He paused at Kagome’s frown. She turned away from him. “Fine, get Kaede to do it for you, but I won’t. You’re my mate and I refuse to hold that kind of power over you. I want you to be with me because it’s what you want and not because I can force you to. The rosary has always been an obstacle in our relationship anyway. Maybe if I had taken it off sooner and been forced to talk to you instead of being able to run away I never even would have been hurt.”

InuYasha hadn’t realized that she looked at it that way. In truth he was a little hurt that she would doubt his reasons for being with her, but he had to admit that she might be right about it having gotten in the way of them really talking to each other in the past. He couldn’t count the number of times he had upset her mistakenly only to have her subdue him and run away before he could explain himself.

“I am with you because it’s what I want and I would have thought that you knew that by now.” InuYasha said with a heavy sigh. “You’re probably right about it keeping us apart in the past, but that ain’t going to happen now. Kagome, if I transformed and hurt you do you really think I could fucking live with myself after that?”

Finally she turned back around to face him. Kagome though still not willing to put the subjugation back on did have to concede that he had a point as well. Things were different between them now and she did know that he wanted to be with her.

“Why are you so sure that you’ll hurt me?” Kagome posed, moving to stand before him. “You never have before, not really, and besides I have other more pleasant ways to subdue you now.”

InuYasha growled softly as she reached up and rubbed his ear. He indulged in the pleasure of her touch for a moment and then flicked his ear away from her hand. He wrapped his arms around her and crushed her to his chest. “I can’t take that chance. Please Kagome don’t make me do that.”

Kagome knew that her hanyou was concerned and in his own mind justifiably so, but she couldn’t be afraid of him. She knew in her heart that he would never harm her; especially not now that she was his mate. “Okay. I’ll put it back for now.”

“Thank you.” InuYasha said quietly.

Kagome considered briefly trying to tell him that she had fixed his rosary and then not actually do it, but it would have been wrong to lie to him. She decided that on the off chance he did revert to his youkai state that she would wait until the last possible second before using the spell to see if he would harm her and if that never happened then maybe one day she would be able to convince him to let her remove it anyway.

She grabbed the smooth beads and concentrated just like Kaede had told her to when she had spoken to the elderly miko about changing the spell while InuYasha had been out hunting for breakfast that morning. The rosary glowed briefly.

“It’s done.” She said at last.

InuYasha studied her face intently for a moment and came to the conclusion that she was telling the truth. That done he began to nip at her neck softly, as he slid his hands up the back of her thighs, until he had her bottom cupped in his hands. He sucked on the sensitive skin behind her ear and his mate moaned softly as her scent spiked around him.

~ * ~

The next few days passed far too quickly for them both and before Kagome knew it she was being prodded urgently out of a deep sleep.

“Mmm... InuYasha, just a little longer.” Kagome mumbled. “I do need a few hours of sleep. I think I’ve been keeping up pretty well for a pathetic human.”

“Not that wench.” InuYasha said. “Your family is home.”

Kagome sat up right as her naked hanyou climbed out of bed and began pulling on his clothes. “What?! They weren’t supposed to be back until tomorrow!”

She scrambled out of bed as she heard her brother talking quite loudly. Now, while she and InuYasha had agreed to tell her family that they were mates, she did not think it would be best for them to find out by seeing her in bed with her hanyou lover.

Loud thumping was heard as someone ran up the stairs. Thankfully InuYasha had the presence of mind to reach out and engage the lock only seconds before someone tried to open the door. On the heels of this person’s attempt to enter came the voice of her younger brother.

“Mom! Sis must be here and I think Inu-no-nii-chan is here too since the door is locked.” Souta called.

Kagome growled as she ran her brush quickly through her hair and then opened the door. Souta was startled at her sudden appearance. “What are you doing back already?”

A smirk worthy of InuYasha crossed her brother’s face as he looked at her and then the hanyou with her, whose shirt was on inside out. “What’s the matter sis? Aren’t you happy to see us? I’m hurt. Or maybe you and Inu-no-nii-chan were busy... or better yet, getting busy?”

Kagome’s face flushed. “You- You...” Unable to come up with anything to say or to muster a denial that wouldn’t sound false Kagome settled for doing what she always did when Souta was getting on her nerves; Threatening his life. “I’m going to kill you, brat.”

Souta yelled and took off at a run. InuYasha grabbed his mate in time to stop her from causing the boy bodily harm and held her close.

Kagome sighed and enjoyed the feeling of his arms around her for a moment before speaking. “We should go downstairs before he tells mama and jii-chan anything... But first you need to fix your shirt, or he won’t have to.”

InuYasha corrected his shirt. They stopped briefly at the bathroom and then went on toward the kitchen where they found her mother struggling to carry her bag through the house to her room. InuYasha took her burden without a word and left mother and daughter alone.

They shared a quick embrace. “Welcome home mama. We thought you weren’t coming back until tomorrow.” Kagome offered.

Her mother arched an eyebrow at her but smiled. “Your grandfather was feeling a little under the weather so we decided to cut our trip short. It’s nothing serious, but he already went to lie down. Now, I was certain that you told me that you would be with your friends in the past...”

Kagome blushed and was thankful that InuYasha chose that exact moment to return. “You told her yet?”

“Told me what?” Asami questioned.

“I’ve got all memories back mama. I remember everything.” Kagome replied. “Well, not everything since some parts are a little fuzzy, but everything else.”

“This is wonderful.” Asami cried wrapping her arms around her daughter. “You see you worried for nothing.”

“Actually mama it was because of InuYasha that it happened.” Kagome informed her. “I didn’t want to remember, not really. I was afraid to remember all the bad things that had passed between us, but he reminded me that there were good memories as well and that it wasn’t fair to either of us for me to try to keep myself from remembering.”

“Well, I’ll have to make a special dinner tonight to celebrate.” Her mother said with a smile.

“Mama... There’s something else, we need to tell you...” Kagome began. She was grateful when InuYasha stepped closer to her and took her hand. “InuYasha and I... Well... We’re together now.”

Asami studied the pair for a moment. They both looked a little nervous. “By together...”

InuYasha cleared his throat. “Kagome is my mate.”

“Mate...” Asami repeated the word. While she most definitely understood that to mean that they had been intimate, the way the young hanyou said it, seemed to imply more. “Why don’t we go into the kitchen? I’ll make some tea and you can explain to me what exactly that means.”

They followed her mother and took a seat side by side at the table, hands clasped firmly beneath the surface. In truth neither one knew why exactly it was that they were nervous. After all her family, even jii-chan had made it clear that they approved of them being together. Perhaps it was just having to speak about something so personal with her mother that unnerved them.

The tea was poured and Asami sat across from the two. “So, would it be fair to assume that being ‘mates’ while meaning that the two of you have been intimate also means something more as well?”

Both Kagome and InuYasha blushed furiously but nodded. “Maybe we should show her the marks. It might help her understand better than just telling her.” Kagome suggested.

Asami watched as her daughter pulled down the collar of her shirt and InuYasha lifted his. She gasped at finding each of their names on the others chest. She was even more shocked when they turned and revealed to he three distinct words making the back of their necks. “Tattoo’s? You got tattooed?”

Kagome shook her head. “Not exactly. Those were made by his youkai.”

“What do they mean?” she asked. “Your names are obvious, but the other.”

“They are promises.” Kagome explained. “Promises my soul made to his and his to mine, unbreakable promises of what each of us needed to know we would receive from the other for the rest of our lives. It’s more than being married mama. Our souls are bound. I’ll age like a hanyou now.”

“And I’ll know if she’s hurt or afraid.” InuYasha offered. “It’s forever.”

InuYasha and Kagome waited for her mother to say something, and both relaxed as the older woman broke into a smile.

“It seems we have much to celebrate this day.” Asami said at last. “While I didn’t expect it so soon, I knew it was only a matter of time. Congratulations and please don’t make me wait too long for grandchildren. I assume they’ll have those adorable ears.”

InuYasha coughed, choking on the drink of tea he had taken and Kagome was glowing as red as InuYasha’s haori. “Mama!”

Asami laughed lightly. “I was only teasing. I’m willing to wait a few months at least, possibly a year.”

She laughed more loudly as InuYasha spit tea out onto the table and Kagome’s forehead fell against the surface with a soft thud. Mrs. Higurashi retrieve a small hand towel to clean up the mess her hanyou son-in-law had made and then she cleared the table before heading to her room to unpack.

~ * ~

After dinner InuYasha and Kagome sat together in the Goshinboku. The announcement of their mating as well as the return of Kagome’s memories to the rest of the family had gone well. Souta was of course thrilled to have a real brother now. Jii-chan too was supportive since Asami had the fore thought to call their mating a youkai marriage, so that it was clear that they had made a proper commitment to each other.

InuYasha couldn’t believe how much his life had changed since meeting Kagome, beside the obvious benefit of no longer being pinned to a tree in a state of living death. So much had happened, he had learned so much.

He now knew that Kikyou hadn’t betrayed him and that he had loved her, but not the way he loved Kagome, the way love was really supposed to be. He had gained friends, a family and learned to trust. He had learned that it was possible to be loved and accepted exactly as he was, a hanyou, and what it felt like to have a home, a place to belong.

He kissed the neck of the girl in his arms and growled softly. She had given him so much, this small, seemingly frail human wench. She who would fight with him and then stand up for him in the same breath, and never ceased to amaze him with the size of her heart or the purity of her soul.

Kagome turned slightly and nuzzled her nose under her hanyou’s chin. “Is something wrong?”

InuYasha shook his head. “Not since I met you.”

Against his neck she smiled. “You know, you’ve gotten much better at saying the right thing.” Kagome placed feather light kisses along his throat, occasionally sucking or nipping his skin lightly. He growled softly and she managed to slip one hand up under his shirt.

“What are you doing to me?” He rasped.

Kagome looked up at him with a devious smile. “I would have thought you’d be able to figure that out on your own my handsome hanyou.” She pressed her lips to his and kissed him gently.

InuYasha growled loudly and tangled his hand in her hair holding her to him and deepening the kiss. His hand found her breast and he massaged it gently. He was delighted at Kagome’s low moan. “You know we can’t do this here.” He purred against her ear nipping it softly.

Kagome gasped as he tweaked her nipple. “Can’t... Inside...mama...Ahh...”

“Well unless you want me to take you at the base of this tree then you better think of something.” InuYasha told her. “And fast.”

InuYasha kissed her to stifle her cry as his hand slipped between her legs. “Well house...” She muttered against his lips.

~ * ~

It was in fact a good while later when they emerged from the well house, Kagome half asleep and in InuYasha’s arms. Asami was just finishing her nightly ritual of cleaning the kitchen when she saw them through the window. She heard a soft thud and knew that InuYasha must have taken her daughter straight up to her bedroom.

InuYasha appeared in the kitchen a few moments later and headed for the refrigerator, removing bottled water. “Kagome’s thirsty.”

Asami nodded and smiled. “Will you two be leaving tomorrow?”

The young hanyou opened the bottle of water and took a drink. “Yeah. We’re going to head back for a couple of weeks and try to find that d-... shard.”

“In that case I’ll be sure to pick up some supplies for you all when I head to the store in the morning.” Asami replied. “Tell Kagome I said goodnight.”

InuYasha felt his face heat as his mate’s mother winked at him and he hurried from the room to return to Kagome. He gave her the water and then pulled off his shirt before slipping into bed beside her. He closed his arms around her and kissed her gently. It didn’t take long for her to fall asleep or for him to join her.













< br>