InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Final Battle- Good Vrs. Evil Part 1- New Friends ❯ Chapter 11- Jewel Shard and the Deer ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Authors Note: Well part one of The Grand Battle- Good vs. Evil is almost complete. I need someone to beta this story. I had a story on this site that someone flamed because they thought my writing sucked. It really upset me and I don’t know what anybody thinks of this story. Please tell me what you think. There are only three chapters after this one in this part of the story.

Chapter 11- Jewel Shard and the Deer

The group had been running for five hours when Eon noticed Lirriea was falling behind. He slowed down so she could catch up. When she did he noticed that she was panting quite rapidly. He went over and checked her were Kouga’s foot had connected with her chest first. When he pressed on it she winced. He called Kagome over to see what she thought. Kagome checked and confirmed what Eon already knew was true, Lirriea had several broken ribs.
Sesshoumaru saw Kagome taking out bandages to bandage her chest and said, “Priestess, do you not know how to heal?” Kagome looked at him and said, “Priestess’ can heal people and animals?” “Have you had no training? Of course priestess can heal; it is one of their greatest powers. I guess I will have to teach you how to use your powers.” He and Kagome went over to an empty area of the clearing they were in so that Sesshoumaru could instruct Kagome on how to use her powers. Once they were there Sesshoumaru began to explain how to heal.
Kagome was a quick learner and quickly learned the technique. Once she had it down they went back over to the others. She knelled down and began to heal Lirriea’s ribs. When she was done healing Lirriea they were able to get on the road again. It was quite awhile later when Kagome finally sensed a jewel shard. She told them where she sensed it and they went to get it. When they got to the clearing that she said it was in they expected to see carnage and destruction. All they saw was a little deer. “Where’s the jewel shard Kagome? All I see is this stupid deer.” Inuyasha growled. Kagome was shocked to say the least, at where the jewel shard was.
“The deer has the jewel shard.” Just as she said this the deer ran away. True to their nature Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, Dan, Mira, Kirriea and Lirriea all took up the chase. The deer was twice as fast as it should have been but Lirriea was quickly gaining on it. She would have taken it down if the lead male of the population didn’t step into her path. The male lowered his horns and charged her. Her instincts took over and she dodged the attack then went for his neck. He kicked her knocking her into the bushes and injuring her badly.
Just as she landed in the bushes Mira and Kirriea attacked. They brought the male down and rendered him unconscious. After he was down they ran after the deer. Lirriea lay where she was until they got the shard. It took them awhile to get it and to Lirriea it seemed like a lifetime. Soon she heard them calling her name. Lirriea was in great pain and couldn’t seem to summon the strength to get up and go to the voices. She could hear them calling her but could not respond. She blacked out and did not wake up for the rest of the daylight hours.
When Lirriea did wake up she was in great pain. She could see it was nighttime. She could no longer hear her friends calling for her and figured they had given up on finding her. She once again passed out.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
*At camp*

Eon paced around the camp hoping the Lirriea would lope up with a stupid grin on her face. He had been mad when Inuyasha had called off the hunt for her. Lirriea still hadn’t shown up and Eon wondered if she had been attacked. That night to Eon’s great dismay they decided that they would be leaving the in the morning with or without Lirriea. In the morning Lirriea had still not shown up and they left. Eon was very wary of leaving since Lirriea was still out there.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
*Back with Lirriea*

Lirriea was not in as much pain the next time she awoke. She tried to get up but still could not. She laid there some more then tried again. This time she was able to stand and quickly tried to walk. She limped out of the bushes and sniffed the air. She found that the groups scent was old and she could only faintly smell it. She could not follow the trail now. She began liming in the direction they had been headed. She heard something to her right and was rammed by a bear before she saw it coming.
She landed in a fast moving river and was swept the way she was going faster than she would have liked. She saw a waterfall ahead and tried as hard as she could to swim away from it. She was pulled relentlessly forward, towards the water fall, until she fell over it.