InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Ways ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two:

"Sesshomaru! What the hell are you doin' here anyway?" Inuyasha yelled as he blocked the attacks coming from his other opponent in the three-way battle they were fighting out. He bit back a stream of curses as he was struck on the wrist in his attempt to dodge the claws that kept flying at him.

The taiyoukai brushed past both of them, releasing a wave of poison towards his half brother and the other youkai. Inuyasha held his breath and leapt backwards to avoid the miasmas gas but the youkai with jewel shards was not prepared for it. He inhaled the toxins and started to hack.

"I am here because you came to my lands without my knowledge. I was here merely to clear you all from the Western Lands and I am going to take back what is rightfully mine, Inuyasha," Sesshomaru called over to the half-breed who now had blood trailing down his arm and his torso while he himself remained untouched. Smirking, he drove his hand into the jewel shard possessing youkai's chest to stop his heart but the beast stopped him by mirroring the same attack.

The purebred Inuyoukai was not prepared for such a maneuver, if such a thing were possible, and he did not have enough time to dodge. The bastard's talons slashed across his chest, breaking his armor and tearing at his kimono top. Blood, thick and red flowed down his body. Sesshomaru snarled, his eyes tinting red but he kept his anger in check.

Inuyasha, now balanced, jumped back into the battle next to his half brother, blocking the youkai who had tried to rape Kyoko's attacks. Sesshomaru kept glaring at him out of the corner of his elegant eyes but paid no mind to the half-breed who was fighting along side of him, actually helping. Then, ruining the perfect teamwork that they had begun, Sesshomaru tried to attack Inuyasha and then turn to his other opponent within the blink of an eye. Too bad the youkai had 2 jewel shards…

Sesshomaru's eyes widened in pain as a hand pierced his flesh and went all the way through his abdomen to the other side. He choked a bit in disbelief. Kami-sama he was in a lot of pain! I am such a careless fool! I let my guard down for a split second and… This youkai had no right to touch him. He had had enough. His eyes glowed bright red as he growled, deeply guttural, in his throat.

Inuyasha took advantage of the chaos and sliced the youkai's arm that was in Sesshomaru's body off and then his head. Its body fell in disarray around the clearing in the forest, pools of blood everywhere. In the deepest pool of red blood, two jewel shards lay tainted. Inuyasha looked over to his half brother whose eyes were red with malice and the wind started to pick up slightly. It gave him the chills.

I've got to get Kagome. She needs to get the jewel shards before the youkai regenerates! The hanyou thought, sheathing the tetsusaiga and temporarily forgetting about his brother who made an attempt to slice his head off. Luckily he was a bit slower from his injuries and Inuyasha had time to redraw his sword and fend him off, sending him backwards into a tree. Then, like the devils were at his heels, the hanyou sped off to go and find the miko who would be able to purify the jewel shards.

~*~

"So this youkai attempted to rape you?" Sango asked, bandaging up the last of Kyoko's wounds. The young woman nodded and proceeded on with her storytelling.

"Yep and I wuz real scared too. I mean, how would `ya feel if any man come and touched `ya and made `ya felt threatened?" She replied and watched as Miroku slid up against the wall more so as if he was feeling discomfort.

"Oh, I know the feeling all too well, Kyoko," Sango answered, her eyes narrowing in the direction of the houshi. He just sighed and his cheeks flared slightly. Kagome giggled. "Is your neck alright, Kagome-chan?" Sango asked her best friend, and was pleased to see her nod lightly.

"KAGOME!"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome exclaimed at hearing his desperate cry. She nearly dropped Shippo but he sensed that she was going to jump at the sound of his voice and ran to Kyoko's lap instead. "What is it-"

"We gotta go! Before that youkai regenerates and before Sessho-"

"Looking for me?" A deep and cultured voice said and appeared behind Kagome in the blink of an eye. She turned and gasped when she saw the gaping hole in his stomach and all the other flesh wounds he had on his body.

"Damn it!" Inuyasha shouted and pulled Kagome onto his back, dodging the poisonous talons that were flying at him while he was trying to run towards the place where he had slain the youkai that had had jewel shards. I'm lucky he's injured or Kagome and me would be dead by now!

Sesshomaru could feel himself slow greatly and felt dizzy. Impossible! I do not get dizzy… He told himself before everything went black.

Kagome and Inuyasha's heads both turned as the sound of something slamming into the ground. "Whoa! What's with Sesshomaru?" The teenage girl asked.

"I bet you anything that idiot lost so much blood from chasin' me that he knocked himself out," Inuyasha replied in faint amusement and touched down on the ground in front of the blood that contained the jewel shards. "Quick! Get them! The youkai's startin' to regenerate!" The hanyou yelled at Kagome.

"Gotcha!" Kagome answered and picked up the shards quickly, and smiled when they turned to a pure pink in her hand. "There ya go! Jewel shards purified!" She giggled but stopped when she noticed her companion's wounds. "Oh kami-sama! Inuyasha, are you alright?" She asked and looked his injuries over. They weren't anything much. He would just need them disinfected.

Inuyasha looked up at the sky, sighing but then heard Kagome walking behind him. "Kagome? What're you-" His expression went blank and his eyes widened. Then, something inside snapped. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??? THAT'S SESSHOMARU! DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT TRYING TO HELP HIM!"

"Inuyasha! He's a living thing too! Nothing should die without good reason!" Kagome replied neutrally, knowing how much Inuyasha disliked his older half-sibling.

"It'd be a great reason if he died! A lot of mortals and youkai would still be living `ya know!" He argued and crossed his arms stubbornly. "Well, if you're gonna heal him, I'm not helping you carry him back."

"Fine! I don't need your help!" Kagome snapped and attempted to lift the heavy and unconscious taiyoukai off the ground, only to have her knees cave in. "Kami-sama! He's a lot heavier than he looks!" She grunted, a sweat breaking out on her forehead. Inuyasha watched her in an entertained manner, stunned by her softhearted demeanor.

She's even willing to help someone who has tried to kill her countless times. I wish I could do the same. I wish I didn't bear such a grudge against Sesshomaru. I've always wanted things to be different…

"Inuyasha, I know you two haven't had the best past or the best brother brother relationship, but do you really want to see him die? Could you let your brother die knowing you could have helped him?"

Inuyasha considered her words. They sunk in deep. Damn it, Kagome! He looked down once but then moped over slowly and heaved Sesshomaru over his shoulder. "Good Kami-sama! He does weigh a ton!" Inuyasha wheezed lightly and looked over to Kagome seeing her smile sweetly at him. He blushed and his heart sped up a little bit as she took his free hand and they walked back to cave where Miroku, Sango, Kyoko, Kirara and Shippo were.

(A/N: THIS IS NOT SESS/KAG! She's just doing the honorable thing! Could you let your enemy die knowing they still had a chance at life and it was in your hands? I know I couldn't, but maybe that's just me…)