InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Ways ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three:

"OW!" Inuyasha roared when Kyoko's curiosity got the better of her. She gasped and jumped back when he growled and threw his arm out lazily as if he was trying to ward her off.

"Ah! So them's are real! I thought you was a youkai. What are `ya? A neko?" She asked, staring intently into his eyes. "Your eyes is strange lookin'!"

"No I am not a cat!" The hanyou barked. "I'm an Inu. An Inu!"

"Inuyasha calm down. She was just curious," Kagome chided lightly, running a cotton ball that was doused in anti-septic over his wrist and his exposed chest. He hissed and growled at her in his throat but it was not meant to chase her away. "Well, you're reacting to the peroxide a lot better than Miroku did," Kagome giggled and all eyes were turned to the houshi.

He cleared his throat and composed himself. "I was not aware that your healing methods of cleaning cuts would be so severe. It was only my first reaction to scream like a little ten year old child."

"Yes, I see houshi-sama," Sango said raising two fingers to her lips to keep from laughing.

"Miroku can scream like a girl!" Shippo shouted and doubled over in laughter. Kyoko joined him in the taunt, pleased to see him looking very cornered and very embarrassed.

After the laughter had died down, the Inu-tachi and Kyoko settled down to eat in the cave. Kagome built a fire and started to boil hot water in a pot for the instant ramen noodles and Kyoko sat there asking thousands of questions. Sango and Miroku glanced back and forth between each other and Sesshomaru, wondering why on earth Kagome had brought him back.

Inuyasha was in a far corner, arms in his haori sleeves sitting in his typical brooding position. He did not want to talk at all. He was waiting for Sesshomaru to just up and kill everyone. Why did I let Kagome talk me into stupid sentimentalities? Sesshomaru has always hated me and I have always hated him. There will never be any compromise, he thought to himself as he watched the young teenage girl chat avidly with the other young woman who had nearly been raped just earlier.

"I wonder what kind `a youkai this one is?" Kyoko wondered aloud and crawled over to where Sesshomaru was propped up on the wall, seemingly unconscious. She was about to touch him when his hand shot out and grabbed hers.

"Kyoko!" Kagome cried. Sango and Miroku jumped on the alert, the demon slayer grabbing her hiraikotsu and Miroku his staff. Inuyasha also leapt up and unsheathed the tetsusaiga.

"If you dare to attack me at this moment, Inuyasha, I'll slay this human wench," The taiyoukai said in a cool voice, his golden eyes boring angrily into Kyoko's.

Inuyasha, like a channel minded fool, only heard `If you dare to attack me this moment, Inuyasha.' "Yes I dare to attack you!" He barked but then Kagome stood and yelled her word of subjugation.

"Sit-boy!" Inuyasha, now on the ground, was frozen to the spot, cursing into the ground. Kagome was not afraid of Sesshomaru but she was afraid for Kyoko's life. "Lord Sesshomaru will you please release her? She did not mean any harm-"

"Silence human. I see no need to keep any of you alive in my presence at this moment. I should kill you all," His grip tightened on Kyoko's wrist and she winced but did not cry out. In fact, she was getting quite angry with him.

"Would `ya lemme go ya dumb youkai?" She snapped and tried to wrench her wrist away, only to have it twist painfully. "Shit, I didn't think that one all the way through…"

"Feh. Humans. Foolishness. All the more reason to kill them," Sesshomaru growled and his eyes flashed a bit red. Being surrounded by four humans and a half-breed was too much for him to take. But, as he tried to get up to unleash his wrath, the just now scabbing over hole in his stomach reopened sending a new stream of blood forth. His eyes went wide and he grunted, releasing Kyoko and throwing her back to clutch the wound in his abdomen.

Sango gasped. "Is this why you brought him here Kagome-chan?"

Kagome nodded and inched towards Sesshomaru a little more. "Please, I know you hate humans and all-" She paused and heard a growl emit from the youkai lord who was in tremendous pain, "but I can help you. If you keep going the way you are it will keep re-opening and if you loose too much blood, you will die."

"I don't need your help," Sesshomaru replied stoically with an arrogant glint in his eye, and attempted to sit up and prove his point but reopened the wound even more. Blood was now gushing all over himself. The scent of his own blood was making him queasy and his hand could not stop the liquid from flowing.

Kagome mustered up her strength, praying to Kami-sama that he wouldn't lash out at her or accidentally kill her in his rage, and pulled her first-aid kit with her directly in front of Sesshomaru.

"Kagome! No!" Inuyasha yelled but she shot him a meaningful and confident look. His eyes were wide with worry but Miroku put a hand on his shoulder and nodded to him. The hanyou settled back to watch, his hand going to the hilt of his tetsusaiga just in case his half-brother would try something.

Kyoko's eyes were full of guilty and so was her chest. Aw damn it all! This is all my fault. If I done hadn't woked him up he'd still be sleepin' like a damn baby; she thought and inched over towards Sango. Her wrist was sprained, she knew that much. He had a mighty powerful grip for someone so injured. His eyes were also different too. They were the color of gold, sunlight and hidden fire.

Sesshomaru watched Kagome's movements, unwilling to accept defeat. He was a youkai for Kami's sake! He would heal in the duration of two or three days. "Do not touch me or I shall be forced to kill you," He said to her and was surprised to see her mouth set in a defiant line.

"No. You need to get your wounds cleaned before they can start healing. You're going to bleed to death. Your color is already going. I bet you can feel it in your body too, you're just not admitting it to yourself," Kagome scolded and flipped the lid to her first-aid kit.

"I told you I need no help," Sesshomaru growled, cracking his talons for emphasis. She was right. He did not want it to be true but it was. His body was feeling seemingly weak. He could barely move.

"My my, such a proud individual," Miroku whispered to Sango but both the hanyou and the taiyoukai could hear every word. "Quite alike, aren't they?"

"I am nothing like my half-breed brother. You speak poisonous lies, houshi," Sesshomaru stated emotionlessly. Kagome started coming towards him with a cloth that was wet with a strange and dizzying smelling substance and he growled in his chest.

"Sesshomaru, I'm going to clean your cut. You're bleeding everywhere! Stop acting like a stubborn child!"

The taiyoukai made no response, but he looked away in agitation. Kami-sama this human wench that his brother kept was irritating. He did, however, have to give her credit for standing up to a powerful youkai like himself. While he was in his thoughts, Kagome lightly touched the cloth with the anti-septic to his wound and he hissed and convulsed, unready for the burning sensation that the cloth and liquid had brought. His body writhed and she was knocked back. He growled, baring his fangs at her. She was trying to kill him!

"Oh Kami-sama… This is going to take a while…" Kagome sighed and wiped her forehead.