InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jumping from one tree to the next, InuYasha had to sigh to himself at how stupid his behavior has been as of late. `When in the hell… did I start caring in the first place,' he said scoffing to himself as his feet lightly touched on a branch, only to propel back through the air again.
He glanced down to see Kagome on her rolling metal cart, his ears lowering a bit.
He knew she was upset with him.
He did it again.
He went off to see Kikyo… again.
But for the life of him, he couldn't figure out why he felt bad. `I always go see Kikyo,' he told himself as he reached, once again, a high point in the air.
But when he returned this time, and saw that look in her eyes…it just gave him the weirdest feeling.
Something that he never felt before.
Disappointment maybe.
Or was that regret, damn he still couldn't get grasp it! All he knew is that it gave him one of the worst feelings he ever felt before… and that was saying something! Considering all the bull he had been through.
His ear lowered a tad, when he heard a soft sigh coming from below him, and he knew that Kagome was feeling fatigued. So with some resolve, and gruffness in place, he landed steadily on the ground below, and came to a halt in front of her.
Having enough time to see him, Kagome put on the brakes and stopped her bike when she noticed the white haired male waiting expectantly in front of her.
Trying to appear calm and composed in front of him she responded, “Is something the matter, InuYasha?”
After receiving no answer from him, she started to feel awkward, `what is he doing just… looking at me like that?' He was staring at her with some foreign look on his face. A look, she had never seen… directed at her before.
Seriousness.
Compassion.
And was that—
She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off as he began to progress towards her.
She watched as he took calculated moves toward her, as if every step had a purpose.
Every sound had a reason, and she felt her heart fluttering in her chest.
He was within three paces just before her, when all of the sudden—
“You sense anything yet,” he asked harshly, as he quickly turned around with, if Kagome wasn't mistaken, a crimson blush staining his cheeks.
A little confused by his behavior… and also a little upset with the way he was acting, Kagome responded with a clipped, “No.”
InuYasha turned around to face her when he heard the tone she used with him, and saw… that she was looking pointedly away from him.
Her eyes closed.
Face scrunch in a mark frown.
Her arms crossed over her chest, `like she always does when I do something stupid… man she looks so cute when she is pretending to be upse— What the hell am I thinking?' He thought as he turned around once again, but this time instead of standing by Kagome…he moved, and headed back to the trees once more.
Kagome hearing the movement, opened her eyes and turned to face where she knew InuYasha was standing...not seconds before, and was confused to see him no longer there.
She looked towards the sky and spotted him sulking in a tree. Looking furiously at something just out of her sight with a nice blush staining his cheeks, `What has gotten into him lately?'
Not wanting to travel, and put up with his behavior the rest of the day. Kagome sighed loudly, to get his attention.
Seeing Miroku and Sango a little ahead of them resting on a log, she thought that now was a good time to stop, everyone looked done for the day. “InuYasha,” she said, just to make sure that he was certain to pay attention.
“Can we stop for the day,” Kagome asked, not at all holding back the tiresome and irritated pitch in her voice.
She saw him slouch a little, and probably mumble something incoherent to himself. She witnessed him jump out of the tree to land swiftly by Sango and Miroku.
Taking that as the best yes she could get from the hanyou, she made her way cheerfully to the others who had already started to make up camp for the night.
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
A/N: Thanks for reading!! I want to thank the lovely girls that have been helping me with this story, lil6ter and Sovereignty, thanks guys you are the best! Hope you enjoyed! Please Review!!