InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 3
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Morning came all too soon, if you were a half-demon. Gruffly turning his head so the morning sun wouldn't shine directly in his line of vision, he lowered his ears to check on his surroundings.
 
The only sounds that could be heard were the even breaths coming from his five companions below. He took a deep breath and confirmed what he already knew, that the only scents in the area were his and his pack. Satisfied that no harm was in the making, InuYasha, for once, allowed his companions some extra needed sleep, before they headed out once again on their travels.
 
But while the others slept, he began to think again… which, regrettably, he was doing a lot of lately.
 
`How deep are my feelings for Kagome,' InuYasha thought as the sun began to make its appearance over the horizon.
 
She isn't just a shard collector any more.
 
She is something more.
 
But what is she now? If he didn't just consider her that, then what can he call her? Is she his friend?
 
InuYasha scoffed at the sentiment of friend. Yeah, he has had about no friends in his life… well… none, until Kagome showed up. Kagome brought him out of eternal sleep. She rescued him from the darkness threatening to engulf his life…
 
So, what is she?
 
Once more InuYasha shook his head, trying to get all this dumb thinking to leave his head. `Thinking takes way to much damn work,' he scoffed to himself.
 
His ears flicked to the side when he heard movement from below, and looked over his shoulder to see Kagome beginning to stir from her sleep. `She always looks so peaceful, when she sleeps,' InuYasha thought, as he silently watched her from above.
 
Kagome slowly raised one arm above her head, while the other was fast following in its trail as she began to stretch. Satisfied that all the kinks from the night had left her body, her eyes slowly opened to see the dark purple sky of the early morning.
 
She took in a deep breath and filled her lungs with the fresh air, which could only be found on this side of the well. She smiled at how that simple action, could bring her such peace. Such happiness.
 
She felt something move by her feet, and look down to see Shippo starting to awaken, squirming a bit, as if he was willing away the sun. She let out a little giggle at his antics, and with that simple noise, she saw his green eyes peer open and draw his gaze to her.
 
“Morning Shippo,” Kagome said happily to the little kitsune, once their eyes made contact.
 
Shippo stretched his little hands above his head, and let out a loud yawn before answering, “Morning, Kagome.”
 
However, as soon as the yawn left his body, he became immediately awake and jumped into her arms to give her a big hug around her neck.
 
Kagome returned the hug vigorously, but turned her head when she heard a sarcastic “Keh,” coming from somewhere above.
 
She looked over and saw InuYasha looking pointedly away from her and Shippo, slouched on his tree, with what looked like a nervous twitch in his right leg. `I wonder what's wrong with him this morning,' she thought concerned at his rather rude behavior… so early in the day. With determination in her eye, as Shippo finally let go on his relentless grasp on her neck, she got up and turned to where the hanyou was in the tree and called up with a very cheerful, “Good morning, InuYasha.”
 
The only answer she got was a mild flick of his ear, showing that he heard, but he refused to respond.
 
Kagome sighed and shook her head, `He just doesn't make any sense.'
 
She reached down to grab her sleeping bag in both hands, and started the tedious task of folding the monstrosity up for the day.
 
She saw Sango begin to awaken and called out kindly, “Morning Sango.”
 
Sango looked over at Kagome and smiled cheerfully at the younger girl, “Morning Kagome, sleep well?”
 
Kagome let out a small yawn and immediately covered her mouth, “Oh excuse me,” she said as the yawn began to dissipate. “Sorry about that,” she replied smiling at the older girl. “Yes,” she stated, finally answering the taijiyas' question. “Did you have a good night sleep, as well,” she asked partly from being polite, and partly because she was just curious.
 
Sango, who was smiling sweetly at Kagome, started to sigh as she remembered the night before, “Well… it would have been better, if there wasn't a pervert trying to touch my backside every chance he got.” With that Sango looked pointedly at the man, who decided to sit next to her at that moment.
 
“Why Sango, I was just trying to offer you some extra needed heat on this cold night,” Miroku replied smoothly.
 
Sango, who really did not feel like putting up with his behavior… and turning her mood sour, decided to ignore his answer and moved over to where Kagome was already starting breakfast, leaving a very confused Miroku watching her in her wake.
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
 
A/N: Alrighty than… I am so glad that I actually heard some feedback yesterday! I just wanted to let anyone that is reading this know, that I will give an update everyday this week, so by next Thursday I will be stopping, unless I come up with more chapters I want to post. So if my assumption is correct, I will be definitely posting to chapter 9.
 
Also I am going to start responding to reviews in here, so first off, I would like to thank kokoronagomu and arizonasiren for giving me some feedback!
 
Kokoronagomu Thanks! I completely agree. I do think that he sees the difference between their personalities, and no I haven't ever really paid attention to Kagome being more touchy, but now that you say that… I can totally see it! I love Kagome, I feel like I can relate to her on many levels. I think that was one of the reasons I started to watch InuYasha in the first place. I was the second woman…so it was a little strange. I was always rooting for InuYasha to pick her, and I won't ruin anything, but those of you who haven't read the entire manga…go and do it!
 
Arizonasiren Thank you! Yes, well I hope to make this a very good inside view of how he views things. Throughout the story, I will be changing POV, but as a whole I want this story to be shown through InuYasha's eyes, so in that since it will be a little different from the show (since it is written mainly in Kagome's POV). You will just have to wait and find out what is all in set for this story, I just wrote a couple more chapters yesterday, and I really like where this is going!
 
Thanks for reading and remember to review!