InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 4
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The day went on without any real threats looming in the distance. There were only a few oni they came across, but with InuYasha's trusted sword… they were nothing but flies on the wall.
 
Kagome looked out into the horizon and saw that the sun was beginning to seep lower and lower in the afternoon sky, marking the time that they should begin their search for a place to rest. Rising her chin to glance above, she was satisfied when her eyes locked onto the red clad figure hastily making his way from tree top to tree top. Zooming past the greenery so fast that only with training, could a person clearly make out exactly… what just passed their line of vision.
 
“Kagome,” she took notice of someone eagerly calling.
 
She looked down when she heard her name being called, from the Kitsune child in the basket of her bike. She saw him looking eagerly at her with his big green eyes, and had to wonder if not the first time, `why is he just so kawaii!'
 
She smiled at him, “Yes, Shippo.”
 
Becoming a little nervous, he looked down to his hands as he began hesitantly, but steadily, “Do you…do you like…InuYasha?” When he was finished with his statement, he turned his questioning gaze on her. His green orbs probing her for the truth.
 
Kagome could only stare at him with wide eyes, not really understanding where this question was coming from. She began to feel a light blush creep on her cheeks as she answered, “Well, of course I like InuYasha, Shippo.”
 
Still feeling a little awkward, but knowing he was just being curious, she continued with her answer, “He is my friend…just like you.”
 
She saw him shaking his head, apparently not liking her answer, “That isn't what I meant, Kagome.” He locked eyes with her, and she knew exactly what he was asking.
 
Completely taken aback at what to say, she began to struggle with what to tell the child, when she missed a huge hole in her course and her tire ran right into it. The back of the bike began to ease upward, and she tried to put on the brakes but was too late. For by the time she tried, the back tire was already in the air.
 
Knowing a fall was inevitable, she reached for Shippo to try to protect him from the drop. She pulled him close to her body, and when the ground was coming closer and closer, she closed her eyes to wait for the collapse.
 
After a few seconds and still no contact with the ground, Kagome opened her eyes to see what happened, and was met with red. Confused, she pulled back a little more, and locked eyes with amber. Feeling a blush beginning to stain her cheeks, she looked to the ground and saw that InuYasha was holding her safely in the confines of his arms… a good three feet above the ground, which she was so sure she would meet to become friends with, not forty-five seconds ago.
 
“Thanks, InuYasha,” she replied, looking anywhere but to the man who was holding her in his arms. She finally made it down to her own arms, searching to see if Shippo was okay and was surprised to find him missing.
 
Becoming worried that she might have missed him somehow; she turned to look at her bike to see if he was still there. But as she was turning her head, she heard his voice… accompanied by Miroku.
 
“Why do you think Kagome and InuYasha act so weird around one another,” she heard Shippo ask Miroku, and had to silently pray… to any Gods listening… that InuYasha didn't hear the question too.
 
However, when she heard Miroku begin to answer, and felt InuYasha tense beneath her, she knew that hope was too good to be true, “Well Shippo, it would appear that they have feelings for one another, and not just like the feelings you have for Kagome. These feelings… are like the feelings your mother and father had towards each other, and I dou—”
 
By the middle of his speech, InuYasha had almost dropped Kagome, so he could get over to Miroku and put a good pounding on his head. However, instead of dropping her, he made sure her feet were on the ground, and then flew to where Miroku was talking to the twerp and hit him with his fist in the back of the head.
 
Abruptly Miroku stopped talking and reached his hand up to his head, to make sure no bleeding was apparent. Fairly satisfied that it was just a bump, he looked up… and came face to face with an angry half-demon.
 
Backing up a bit, from just the look on the hanyou's face, Miroku quickly tried to appease his friends' rising anger, “Now InuYasha, I really didn't mean to upset you in any way… I just---”
 
“Keh,” came Miroku's reply, as the demon turned away from the monk, arms crossed over his chest… with a very visible blush staining his face.
 
Miroku, knowing when to stop before he got his foot stuck in his mouth once more… hid his little grin, allowing InuYasha to believe that he was succumbing to his wishes.
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
A/N: Well here is the next installment! Thank you so much for reading this everyone! I am happy that people are really giving this story a chance, and I do hope that by the end… people are still fairly satisfied.
 
Now, on to the reviews!
 
Kagome_rocks - Thank you! Another update is fast approaching!
 
nicluv1787 - Thanks! And I completely agree; InuYasha is a great character to mess with in these types of stories. I feel that he is a very deep character, but I don't think people mess around too much with him, so I will be trying to fill the gap (a little bit)!
 
Kokoronagomu - Jealousy of Shippo…hm…? Interesting notion. I have never seen that movie. Truthfully, I really can't stand movies, especially Disney, where they use animals…it just always made me cry, but if it's a happy movie, I would be thrilled to watch it!
 
Thank you so much for all the reviews! I love to hear feedback!