InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 5
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome had to just shake her head, as she listened to the monk explain to the kitsune their situation. She knew she would have a blush for days, and was very thankful that InuYasha got over there in time to stop the conversation before it got so bad that it would just feel completely awkward between them, for the next six days of their travel.
 
Not to say that it wouldn't be awkward, cause it would. She really doubted her or InuYasha would be making any form of contact… at least the rest of the day, which was actually fine with her. Especially with how weird he has been acting as of late.
 
But just as the thought left her, she found her gaze wondering over to where the hanyou was currently turned away from the smirking monk. She saw his ear twitch a bit, and immediately lowered her face to the ground, again… with a crimson blush staining her cheeks.
 
“Well,” Sango said, breaking the silence that engulfed the field they had inhabited for the past thirty seconds. “How about we just camp here,” she asked, smiling gently in Kagome's direction.
 
Kagome was completely thankful that Sango broke the unnerving silence that took over their travel. And was also grateful that, at least, the subject matter was no longer her and InuYasha's relationship status, `not like there is really anything to discuss anyways.' She thought sadly, shaking her head to clear the thoughts. She made her way over to the others, and just when she reached the circle of her friends, InuYasha opted that time to be the perfect time to jump into a spot above, in one of his trusted trees.
 
Feeling her heart ache for just a moment, Kagome had to tightly squeeze her eyes closed, willing away the tears that wanted to fall. `I know I am just being stupid,' she thought sadly, `But I can't stand it when he acts that way.'
 
InuYasha smelt tears in the air, and looked below to see who they were coming from, and was surprised to see them coming from the girl from the future. `What the hell did I do now,' he thought as he began to lean forward a tad, just enough to let himself out of the tree, when he saw her shaking her head, smiling gently at the others. Making her look like everything was okay…but he knew better.
 
And judging from that cold look that Shippo just threw at him, so did the little runt.
 
Sighing to himself, not really knowing how everything between the two of them got so… complicated all of the sudden, he turned the other way.
 
Not wanting to think about the problems of the past few days.
 
Not wanting to ponder the relapse of what was to come.
 
Not wanting to consider the conversation that was long over due with Kikyo, `No,' he thought to himself. `I just want to have this one moment to myself,' and with that he tried to will the world away from all of his senses, for just this moment… of peace.
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
A/N: Thank you for reading! I actually wrote these first chapters a while ago, but I really like how they turned out.
Some new stuff is in line for the next chapter, and a character we have yet to see in this story is going to make an appearance…just guess to your hearts content. =P
 
nicluv1787 - Thank you! Shippo is adorable, and I love trying to get Miroku beat up. His stiff is so situational, and sometimes it's hard to come out with something perverted he could say, but I think I am doing okay! =P
 
Kokoronagomu - Haha, no, I completely agree with you. I would even consider it a little bit jealous, but like you said…more along the lines of envy. I should make Sesshy the go between! (I wonder how that actually would work out…do you think they would have to try and kill each other first? Lol)
P.S. - I watched that movie from 1960, “A Dog of Flanders,” and its actually really good! When I got to the last segment I found out that the movie was supposed to end differently, but I thought the original ending would've been horrible. I do like happy endings though! =) Thanks for telling me about it!
 
Thanks for reading! Please review!