InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 6
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After making sure that everything was out that needed to be available for their dinner, Kagome took a step back. Slowly inching her way to the side, where a nice log was placed, just for her to sit.
 
Just for a couple moments.
 
Still feeling tired and emotionally exhausted from the travel as of late, she opted now as the best times as any, to relax and take a simple break.
 
However, once her bottom made contact with the wood, she felt the advance of two jewel shards fast approaching, and had to lower her head, at the inevitable battle that was about to take place.
 
Looking up in the tree and seeing that InuYasha was already getting up to stand `protectively' in front of her, she lowered her head a bit to wait for the usual battle that ensued between the two.
 
`I can almost count how many seconds unt'
 
InuYasha stepped in front of her to try and attack the wolf before he got there, “I'll teach that skinny, mangy wolf a lesson for coming here to flirt with Kagome.” He extended his claws as the whirl wind came closer, and then all of the sudden—
 
Kouga hoped off of InuYasha's head, landing smoothly in front of Kagome. “Kouga,” Kagome asked worriedly, trying to look back to make sure InuYasha was all right, but before she could turn around—
 
“Hello Kagome,” Kouga said turning around to face her.
 
Kagome trying to get her bearings straight… began to answer in turn, when Kouga ran towards her, and swiftly grabbed her hand.
 
“You must have missed me,” he stated, both hands around her palm…looking deeply into her blue orbs.
 
Kagome just put a huge grin on her face, waving her other hand in an up and down motion. Closing her eyes she responded, “Yeah, sure… right.”
 
InuYasha suddenly busted between them, removing Kouga's hand from Kagome's with his head, a nice scowl in place.
 
Kouga looking mildly irritated that the hanyou once again messed up time with his woman, leaned back fully away from InuYasha, asking in an annoyed voice, “Hey mutt, where is Naraku?” He came to his full height and crossed his arms… a smug grin crossing his visage. “You don't know do you,” he taunted. “And here I leave Kagome with you, when you can't fully protect her,” he stated looking cynically at the half-breed in front of him.
 
“Why you,” InuYasha started, grabbing for his Tetsusaiga.
 
Kagome seeing this, rolled her eyes. “Sit boy,” she said tiredly to the half-demon that was now, face first in the ground.
 
InuYasha looked up at her, “Thanks a lot, traitor.” He grabbed at the earth trying to get up, but it was no use… the spell was still too strong.
 
Looking up, she locked eyes with Kouga, “So, what brings you here Kouga?” She asked, smiling broadly at the wolf-demon in front of her.
 
“Well,” Kouga began, “I heard that Naraku was in the area, so I decided to scope it out.” A nice grin crossed his face as he tried to make his way, once more to the raven haired girl, “On the way, I got a whiff of mutt-faces' scent, so I thought I could ask him about it, and see how he was taking care of my woman.”
 
“She ain't yours… you bastard,” InuYasha said getting up from off the ground.
 
Kagome, knowing a battle would start between the two if the demon didn't leave soon decided to take matters into her own hands, “Well Kouga, we haven't seen Naraku lately, but we will keep an eye out for him.”
 
Bending down to help InuYasha up, he started to reach for his sword, “Are you going to be traveling with us,” Kagome asked, immediately she felt InuYasha tense. He looked at her, “Ka-go-me,” he drew out slowly, showing her that he was loosing the battle of keeping himself from throttling the man.
 
“No,” Kouga suddenly cut in, “I have to go.” He started running in the opposite direction, “See you later Kagome,” he waved to her. Looking at InuYasha, “take care of her mutt-face,” and with that he was gone.
 
InuYasha got up all the way, by himself… and looked pointedly in Kagome's direction.
“What'd you do that for,” InuYasha asked her, when he was sure the wolf was out of sight.
 
Sighing Kagome replied, “I really don't want to get into this with you today, InuYasha.” She began to get up to look over the food that was on the fire.
 
He made to go and follow her.
 
Shippo looked up at Sango and Miroku, “He can be really dense sometimes.”
 
The other two could only nod their heads in agreement, and sigh sadly as the hanyou blurted out, “what the hell are you talking about wench, you answer me right now or I'll—”
 
“Sit,” came Kagome's reply, and the other four members could only shake their heads.
 
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
 
A/N: Alright, just as a note, this story continues where the anime left off (ep. 167). I didn't want to do it after the manga ended because…well, some people still haven't read it, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so now that that's out of the way…reviews!!!
 
Kokoronagomu- Haha, sorry about that. Yeah, I just would rather do it before Naraku's demise and all that, but I really won't be focusing too much on the battles as much as the relationship between our favorite couple. Macarena… wow. I would be dancing too lol! About the Kagome being sensitive thing: yes, she might be a little too sensitive, but I think she is reaching that point where she can't handle it anymore. I know everyone goes through it when you love someone, but of course, you won't tell the guy about it, you just keep it to yourself…sadly. (sigh) But I do hope that cleared it up for you! And thank you so much for your reviews! I have fun responding back!
 
Thanks for reading! Please review, I love to hear feedback!