InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Happy Anniversary: Part 1 ( Chapter 34 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================




Chapter 34 - Happy Anniversary: Part 1




Kagome was still speechless when she pulled away from her mate. She wasn’t as surprised at the notion of an alliance, or that she and Inuyasha were now at the beck and call of Sesshoumaru were the Western Lands ever under attack. What had gotten to her was the fact that the brothers had, more or less, apologized to each other, and Sesshoumaru had actually admitted that he had feelings for his younger brother.

She could only imagine how her mate must feel, after everything that’d happened throughout his whole life.

Inuyasha hadn’t wanted to lose the warm contact of his beloved mate as she embraced him, even though he understood the simple logic that they couldn’t stay that way forever. At some point in time they needed to sleep, or at the very least, get into bed, he thought with a wicked grin. She’d pay for the torment he was forced to endure on the dance floor. Gazing in her eyes though, he momentarily lost his more lecherous thoughts, as he saw the way her eyes sparkled with love, devotion, and utter, utter bewilderment. He had to admit, he was still in a mild shock himself. It was like a huge weight had been lifted. It was like the time he had to make Tetsusaiga lighter by defeating Ryuukatsusei. At first it seemed like this impossible task, even though he was determined not to fail. How in the ten hells was he supposed approach his brother for anything? Actually admit that he needed his help? Then once he’d made the initial blow, the others, he found, came a little easier. They were actually speaking! When his brother proposed an alliance, he felt himself able to keep control, and not lose his temper, relying on Kagome’s influence, Kagome’s love, to be his strength. Keeping control of his mind enough to reach for his sword while transformed in his full demon state was nothing compared to that conversation, to finally ask Sesshoumaru the question that had been bugging him for over a month and a half, ever since he’d had that talk with Kagome after the fall of Naraku. Had he just been testing him? His answer was not the evasive mumbo jumbo he had been expecting, either. Sesshoumaru had actually been rather direct. He’d basically admitted that while he used to hate him, he no longer did, and while he used to want him dead, he no longer did, and, at least as of late, yes it had all only been a test. Inuyasha felt that strength grow inside of him even more, when he’d more or less half-ass apologized for the whole arm thing after Sesshoumaru had more or less half-ass apologized for the whole abandonment thing. What was once an awkward and heavy blade he could barely lift high enough to swing was now an extension of his very arm, weighing nothing, as he easily wielded it high and proud.

He was nudged from his thoughts when Kagome moved from the bed, and bending down, reached under it, while mumbling something about “I almost forgot.”

“Huh?” he muttered, still half in his memories. But he was fully pulled into reality upon the sensation of something being placed in his lap.

Looking down, he saw a small box wrapped in silver paper resting on his legs.

“Happy Anniversary.” Kagome said brightly.

That’s right, they had met on her birthday, which meant that it was their anniversary as well. Kagome had mentioned something vaguely about it last year, recently after they had mated, that it had been so close after her birthday, only a couple of weeks, that she had considered it a birthday present of sorts. The ‘best present ever’, she had said. She’d also said that she was glad because they could celebrate the anniversary of when they actually met, and the anniversary of when they coupled, at the same time.

She got me a present… he thought as he looked down at the delicately wrapped package still resting in his lap.

She got me a present. He was touched. And here he’d thought he’d been the only crafty one!

Opening the box delicately, because to rip into the wrapping might cause him to accidentally rip into the box itself as well, he slowly removed the paper until the blue cardboard box it concealed was bare before him. Lifting the old shoebox lid rather carefully, not knowing what to expect, he peered inside, and quickly noted that her gift was fabric as well. Unsure of what along the lines of clothing she would have gotten him, especially since she knew he preferred his fire-rat above anything else, he delicately picked it up, allowing it to unfold itself until he realized it was a small fuzzy blanket. Very small in fact, it only seemed large enough for…

“Kagome…this is a swaddling cloth.”

“Yes, yes it is.”

He looked at her blankly, then finally finding his voice again, he muttered “But…you’re not…”

“Not yet no,” she answered, but then quickly added, “But my ‘heat’ cycle should start in just a day or two.”

“But…you…you went to the clinic…” he muttered, baffled. She had, just that morning!

“Nope,” she smiled, “I went to the baby store.”

Kagome had discussed it with her mother before hand. She would be out of school this year, and then married. Even if she were to end up pregnant before the wedding itself, it would be too early for it to really show. She had waited until she was eighteen, and that was all her mother could have ever hoped for. Even Mrs. Higurashi conceded that she saw no point in keeping the poor hanyou waiting any longer. She and her mother had had the talk, where Nodoka expressed all of her concerns and hopes, and Kagome had since acquired all the books on pregnancy and childbirth that she could ever need. With the mission over, their enemy defeated, and a house built and waiting for them, neither woman saw any logic in putting it off any longer.

He heard her explanation, though he was only half there, the other half still zoned out while concentrating on the soft material he held in his hands. He looked down at the cloth, then he looked up at her, back down to the cloth, up at her, cloth - her - cloth - her……then he pounced.

Kagome tried to suppress her giggles, but her giggles suddenly turned into gasps when she felt his claws swiftly shed her of all her clothing. She quickly decided she didn’t like that outfit after all. Once he had her naked, he raked his claws against her delicate skin, sending shivers through her to her core. Those same claws that had just demoted her denim jeans to the status of several washrags, were now ever so tenderly teasing her most sensitive locations.

“No fair…” she managed to utter between moans, “…I don’t have claws…” she added after a few more moments.

Inuyasha smirked, and propping himself up on his knees before her, he wordlessly pulled her to her knees as well, and taking her hand, he placed his other hand within it, and just as she’d done when she’d directed his claws along the edge of her panties, he this time placed the tip of his index finger at the neckline of his own shirt.

Kagome understood, and savored the visual, as Inuyasha’s clothes were slowly ripped free from his body. She had to apply more force when she reached his jeans, and she was nervous that she would accidentally cut the skin underneath. He must have sensed her apprehension, because he nodded softly for her to continue. With the claws not truly being her own, and she unable to actually “feel” what she was doing, she was afraid of hurting him, but he assured her that his skin was much thicker than hers, and it wasn’t necessary to be as careful as when he sliced off her clothes. Breathing deeply, and gaining some courage, she took the hand she held, using the claws as if she were wielding five tiny knives, and in a swift instant, she sliced through his jeans and boxers, until the tattered remains fell to the floor. Not a single scratch could be seen on her hanyou’s perfect flesh.

She gazed at him leisurely, until she suddenly found herself being shoved back down upon the bed, a soft *click* coming from her right as Inuyasha switched off the lamp. No matter, the light of the full moon that shown through her window gave her room a wondrous silver glow, which only amplified the natural sheen of her mate’s hair. She was momentarily confused as to why he stepped away from her, then, but she didn’t have time to question his actions, when she saw him in that moment, appearing for all purposes like a predator who was slowly stalking her, as he crawled up the foot of the bed, suddenly pouncing on his prey, landing forcefully between her legs. Like a hungry dog suddenly given a plate of food, he devoured her. She squirmed and wriggled below him, trying desperately not to cry out in pleasure, as they were not currently alone in the house. He growled and barked into her as he maneuvered his tongue with fervor, occasionally shaking his head rapidly from side to side. As silently as possible, Kagome screamed, as her entire body bucked and convulsed beneath him.

Gazing up at her, he grinned wickedly, as he allowed her only the moment necessary to steady her breathing, before he dove in for seconds…

About twenty minutes later, a sweating, and deliriously happy Kagome, lay near motionless on the bed, her only movements the involuntary twitches of the occasional leftover muscle spasm.

“My bitch.” she suddenly heard, and it shocked her, the sound of his voice, so gruff, so…

Opening her eyes, she had to control her natural instinct to flinch away. There was Inuyasha, her Inuyasha, crouched at the foot her bed, in his full-youkai state.

“Inuyasha?” she asked hesitantly.

“Bitch happy.” he said next, and she quickly realized he was actually speaking. It was Japanese, not Inu.

Through the power of their bond, he was able to keep more control over himself, or at least she surmised that was the most likely explanation. She wondered idly if that power of his hadn’t been unlocked somehow, just as her miko abilities had been. If Inuyasha could now transform, but keep his mind somewhat intact, that could prove to be an invaluable asset during battle. Then again, she didn’t truly relish the idea of testing that theory…

Sensing no malice in him whatsoever, she decided to press her luck, and engage him in conversation.

“Why have you transformed?” she asked

“Mate does not fear.” he said. It almost sounded like a growl, but she could make out the words. It wasn’t stated like a question.

“No, I do not fear.” she said, deciding to keep her words simple. “You allowed transformation?” she asked next.

“Youkai strong, youkai wanted mate.”

She took that to mean that yes, he had allowed his transformation, on some level at least. Maybe his hanyou self had been unaware of what was happening, but his youkai side was apparently growing in intensity until the transformation simply happened.

Smiling then, she got herself up on her knees. He studied her movements, but did not flinch once. Kagome turned around then, and lowering her hands to the bed, she stretched herself the way a cat might do when waking up, exposing her backside to him, as she turned her face and said “Youkai take mate.”

His eyes had widened once her change in position had dawned on him. He would have been willing to take her in the human position, but his deeper youkai did prefer her current angle, while his human heart was temporarily being suppressed.

Kagome gasped when she felt him swiftly enter her, and immediately begin pounding with a passion that would suggest he was afraid that at any moment he might lose her forever. She tried desperately to keep from banging her head against the wall as he shoved her forward with his thrusts. Gripping her hips to help keep her in place, his longer that usual claws succeeded in piercing her soft human flesh, but she ignored it; she knew it would heal. She was impressed by how remarkably quiet he was being; she had half expected him to start a barrage of loud growls and yips.

A soft whimper that started to leave his throat in time with each thrust was the first indication that he was close. Though he was trying to be quiet vocally, the thunderous sound of flesh slapping flesh echoed throughout the room. Kagome could only hope that in reality, it wasn’t as loud as her advanced hearing was telling her that it was.

Feeling her mate start to shudder behind her, she arched herself even further, and began matching him thrust for thrust as she slammed herself backward into him, deliberately impaling herself with his increased length. She felt his orgasm through their bond as it ripped through his body, causing him to explode with a force she’d never felt before. He would have howled, she was sure, if he hadn’t clamped his jaw down over her left shoulder in his haste to muffle his cries.

Kagome could feel him continue to pump within her, as his body emptied itself of its seed. She knew she would most likely become pregnant from the encounter. She had gone to the clinic a week prior, though not for her shot, just a routine check up. Her doctor had predicted that she should start ovulating within what was now the next 48 hours or so, which was approximately how long sperm could survive within the body. But then again, that was human sperm. In that moment, Inuyasha was full youkai, and she imagined that just like the rest of him, his seed was likely immortal. Then something else dawned on her… If he impregnated her while he was a full youkai, then that meant that their child would be…

“Pup will be hanyou.” he suddenly said aloud, as if reading her thoughts.

“You read my mind.” she teased, feeling the tiniest bit awkward at engaging in conversation while she was still down on her hands and knees, him still sheathed within her from behind.

“Mate happy?” This time, she could tell it was a question.

“Mate happy.” she answered, but then suddenly wondering how long he would be like that, she said “Bitch love youkai mate, but bitch miss hanyou mate.”

“Soon.” he said and she relaxed.

She felt him pull back and slip out of her, and wrapping his arms around her, he turned her around so that she was snuggled in his embrace, as he stroked her hair, growling the low rumble of contentment that she always swore sounded more like a purr.

Glancing up at him, she saw he was still youkai, but those red eyes of his had never before seemed so caring, and when she looked closely enough, she saw that the eerie blueness of his pupils was slowly shifting back to black. She could tell that while his body may still be youkai, his human heart was struggling for control. She reached up and cupped the side of his face with her hand, and gazed deeply into his eyes.

“Inuyasha…?” she whispered questioningly, and he offered her the slightest of nods.

“I’m here.” he whispered back, as he reached up and placed his own hand atop hers, pinning it to his face.

She watched in silent fascination as the red drained from his eyes, revealing the amber that lied underneath. Upon examining him this closely, she noticed that the purple stripes upon his face did not simply fade, as a red welt mark would do, but rather, the purple seemed to seep into his skin, as if they were in truth always there, but now, rested in mere hiding just below the surface.

“Kagome…” he whispered finally, and she merely continued her affectionate stare, her eyes stating “Yes?” while her voice remained silenced.

“I love you.”

She smiled then, and leaning in first for a quick chaste kiss, she then pulled back and whispered “I love you too.”

“I…” he started, as if struggling for the words, “I didn’t know…what was happening…until it was too late, and then I-”

She cut him off with a finger upon his lips as she continued to smile at him, and asked, a little surprised, but pleased also… “Do you remember?

“I do…” he breathed, smiling slightly when he saw the way her own smile increased. But his smile quickly turned into a frown when he casually released her hand from his face, and in doing so, noticed the blood that had pooled underneath his claws.

“I hurt you.” he mumbled guiltily.

His voice lacked surprise, for he wasn’t surprised, he remembered driving his claws into her flesh. He remembered that he hadn’t cared that he’d driven his claws into her flesh. A youkai bitch would heal from such wounds within a matter of minutes, but it would take Kagome at least several hours before the marks were gone completely. The secondary bite mark he’d made on her left shoulder wouldn’t change into a new mark, either. The marking was always done before the blood bond. At the time he’d made her first scar, she was mortal. Now, thanks to their preexisting mating and bonding, the new bite mark was really just that, another wound he’d inflicted upon her body, which would also heal, but still…

“Don’t worry about that…” Her voice sounded as sincere as the emotions he was detecting, “…I’m sure when youkai rut this sort of thing happens all the time.”

She was absently rubbing her right hip as she said that. The wounds had already stopped bleeding and were beginning to form scabs. They would be healed in no time, or at least, what Kagome would consider no time.

“But you’re human.” he pointed out, as if she’d forgotten that piece of information.

“But I have your blood in me, remember?” she reminded sweetly.

“That wasn’t my point,” he whispered, ears drooping. “Just ‘cause you’ll heal faster doesn’t mean I should go all wild on you.”

The way he said it held a slight air of disgust; disgust with himself.

“I shouldn’t have let myself get so riled up, I shouldn’t have lost control. I just knew…”

He paused, his guilt becoming more pronounced when he realized…he did allow the transformation, at least on a subconscious level. “I knew I wouldn’t become the mindless monster driven by bloodlust that I become when I transform during a battle.” he said in a shocked voice, as the realization hit him. “All I had in my head was mating with you, that’s all I wanted to do.”

“And that’s all we did.” she assured him, “You didn’t attack me, and these…” She pointed to the claw and bite marks, “…were simply a part of mating.”

“How can you be so goddamn understanding?!”

The tone of his voice suggested he was genuinely baffled, slightly frustrated, and trying hard not to laugh from it all.

Kagome noticed, and laughed for him, a simple bout of small chuckles, which released his own after a moment. Laughing and embracing, he pulled her hair from her shoulder in order to lick her wound clean; it would help it to heal even faster. While he was currently inches from her ear, he took the moment to whisper again

“Have I mentioned I love you?”

``````````

Inuyasha had been right when he’d warned Kagome that they wouldn’t be getting any sleep that night, though in truth they did not mate again after that “incident” but rather, they stayed up till dawn wrapped in each other’s arms as they talked, actually talked. They were both pretty sure Kagome would end up pregnant from the night’s activities, though even Inuyasha wouldn’t be able to tell for at least a week or two. He confirmed Kagome’s suspicions about the lifespan of his seamen, though, and also the statement his youkai-self had made about the pup being hanyou. They speculated that just as how his youkai side had surfaced in the original claiming of her, when he’d marked her, that perhaps…because he did know that they would likely be making a baby on that night, his youkai side had surfaced for that purpose, as well. Kagome had said that while she would have been more than happy with quarter-youkai children, she was overjoyed by the almost definite certainty that a true hanyou pup would have its father’s ears! Inuyasha had laughed at that. When he’d questioned to himself why his youkai side would have wanted to surface under the circumstances, since he was perfectly all right with the idea of quarter-youkai children as well, Kagome had offered the possible theory that quarter-youkai children would be much weaker, being three-quarters human and all, and that maybe, as a father, his youkai half had no desire to witness his mostly human children growing old around him, while he and his mate remained young. It was quite possible that a quarter-youkai would not have nearly as long of a lifespan as a hanyou, and as she voiced the theory out loud, Kagome actually kicked herself for not having realized it sooner. She had no desire to witness her children growing old around her, either, but now, thankfully, it looked like that wouldn’t be the case. They wondered idly if, on his human night, he would be capable of fathering a purely human child, but while they both admitted that watching a mortal child grow old would break their heart, they also vowed that should such a thing ever come to pass, that they would love their human child equally with his or her hanyou siblings. Fortunately, though, Inuyasha’s ‘time of the month’ did not match up with Kagome’s cycle of fertility, so the odds of her conceiving during the new moon were about as strong now as back when she’d been on the pill.