InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Night of the waning quarter-moon. Part 2 ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================





Chapter 41 - Night of the waning quarter-moon. Part 2




As the silk slipped down her body, pooling at her feet, Inuyasha couldn’t help but to suddenly feel quite overdressed.

“Damn.” she suddenly heard him mumble, and turning to face him, clad only in modern panties, she calmly asked him “What is it?”

“Sesshoumaru would kill me if I tore these things, I’m sure they’ve been in the family a while.” He gestured towards his silk robes.

Kagome could easily guess as to what her mate was hinting at, but decided to play dumb for a moment, responding with “Are you sure they weren’t newly commissioned? I mean, what about Shippo’s kimono?”

“Hmmm.” he mumbled, as he genuinely pondered the possibility, but after a moment he responded with “Still, I’m sure they were expensive, and they won’t heal up like my fire-rat if I tear ‘em.”

“You didn’t have any trouble putting it on earlier.”

“That was before I had ten glasses of sake.”

“You don’t seem too drunk to me…”

By now, Inuyasha knew Kagome was just fucking with him, so he decided two could play at that game.

“You’re probably right, but I don’t want to risk it.” Turning, he headed towards the futon, and plopping down he sighed, “I guess I’ll just leave ‘em on for a while, until I sober up the rest of the way.”

Flashing him a look that said You win she said aloud “Or….” his ears perked up, “I could help you remove them.”

“That,” he said, sitting upright, ears erect (among other things), “is an excellent idea.”

“Glad I thought of it.” she chuckled as she joined him on the futon.

```````````````````````````````````````

Out in the gardens, one of the servants came out to tell the children it was time to retire for bed.

“Awww” Shippo whined, then immediately he snapped his mouth closed, afraid of what repercussions might arise if he were to talk back to this lady. But the old panda youkai merely smiled, and gave off a very grandmotherly vibe that Shippo picked up on, instantly relaxing.

“Now now young one.” Wenying said, her voice soothing and calm. “We mustn’t forget that young Lady Rin is human, and needs her rest.”

“Walk me back to my room, Shippo?” Rin asked as she turned towards the kitsune.

“Sure.” he answered softly, but genuinely, a toothy smile plastered across his face that revealed his fangs. A sight that earned him a smile in return from the human girl who had just asked that he accompany her.

The garden had been fun, but there was something that Shippo could tell was weighing heavily on the girl’s mind. The walk towards her bedchamber was more solemn than what he would have expected from the same ningen child that had just laughed to her heart’s content at the antics of his kitsune magic.

“You okay Rin?” he asked her cautiously.

As quickly as it had come, it was gone, her look of uncertainty once again replaced by the beaming bright eyes he had encountered virtually nonstop as he amazed her with trick after trick for nearly two hours.

“Hai, Rin is okay.” she replied with a smile as they reached her chamber, where she slowly slid the door open, not wishing the night to end just yet.

“Would you like to stay for a while?” she asked hopefully. “Lord Sesshoumaru wouldn’t mind. He says he is glad that Rin now has a friend her own age.”

Shippo beamed at the invitation (minds out of the gutter people, that’s just wrong) but then hesitantly turned her down. He wasn’t nervous about Lord Sesshoumaru, he was more worried that his parents would grow concerned if he failed to return after too long. He didn’t dare give them cause to think he got lost, and he’d already been gone longer than he’d originally intended.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```

Kagome worked slowly, methodically, untying the strings holding Inuyasha’s formal suikan in place. He was helpless to hasten her actions because an underlying truth was that he was afraid Sesshoumaru would be pissed if he ruined the wardrobe. Kagome knew this, and milked it for all it was worth. He whined in inu that he wanted her to hurry, and she growled back a negative, which functioned as the word “patience” spoken in the same manner that a parent would use to a squirming child.

Gently easing her mate to lean backward against the wall, she reached for the now loosened suikan he still wore, and delicately began to fold back the front panels, as if she were slowly opening a present. That she was, too. Sliding the red fabric off his shoulders and down his arms, she permitted the article to pool at his waist while she concentrated on the next obstacle in her path. The black kosode he wore underneath was tucked meticulously into the edges of his hakama, but that was swiftly remedied. Reaching behind him with one hand, she effortlessly unhooked the toggle tucked into his obi. While leaning in that closely, she took advantage of the opportunity to steal a few chaste kisses. Then, pulling the bows loose, she let the hakama straps fall to the sides as she pulled the simple obi from his waist. Permitting the panels of his kosode to open in a V, she marveled at the exposed flesh of his chest, slowly raking her fingers up and down over every chiseled muscle, every defined ripple. He yelped in playful surprise as the garment was yanked from him, the slits in the legs of his hakama exposing his thighs to air. These silk pants were not like the fire-rat hakama he was used to wearing, which had ties at the ankles so that the legs didn’t open out. While reaching into the side opening of his pants, one thing Kagome would have to admit that she just loved about sengoku period clothing, she quickly discovered another oddity in her mate’s wardrobe. When had he done this and how had she failed to notice? It must have been when she went to wash, she smirked. He’d never bothered with a fundoshi before. This was gonna be fun…

```````````````````````````````````````

Shippo laughed to himself quietly as he scurried back down the halls, easily able to follow the scent he himself left not moments prior. Judging by the amount of arousal coming from his parents’ bedchamber, he figured it might be safe to rejoin his adoptive parents sometime after breakfast. Laughing again, he found himself in front of Rin’s room. Wrapping lightly on the doorframe, he could effortlessly hear her as she moved across the room and prepared to slide the door open. The shoji moved, to reveal a new girl entirely. Where was the mud-faced roughhousing tomboy of the gardens? Rin’s hair was now brushed, her face washed, and she wore a simple plain white sleeping yukata. That did not mean, however, that she was truly preparing to sleep, nor did it mean she was displeased by her unexpected company.

“Shippo!” she whisper/yelled in excitement, as if she hadn’t seen him in years. No other words left her while her door remained open, but she gestured her arm frantically in such a fashion that she was motioning for him to enter her room.

“What happened?” she asked in genuine curiosity. “You said you couldn’t stay with Rin any longer tonight.”

Shrugging his shoulders, he said “I wanted to come back.” but after a moment quickly added, behind a layer of blush, “Besides, they were…busy.”

Rin cocked her head to the side in curiosity over his statement, human children not usually as versed in such things, he reminded himself. But Rin merely had an innocent mind. There were servants, including Wenying, whose jobs were to tend to her schoolings in all matters, and considering that at least according to this time period, Rin was nearly a woman, she had been educated in ‘certain’ matters.

“Busy? Is it not time to be sleeping?”

Shippo cocked an eyebrow at that statement, and said with mild sarcasm “Ah, yeah, they were ‘sleeping’, as husband and wife.”

Rin finally understood and blushed respectably. Shippo nervously cleared his throat.

“Uhhh, anyway, was there something on your mind? You seemed down earlier.”

“Do they still love you?” she suddenly blurted, and Shippo found himself, despite the obvious reference to they, asking “Who?”

“Your…Lord Inuyasha and Lady Kagome.” she settled for, not sure if she should call them his parents.

“Of course they love me!” he stated firmly.

“Lady Kagome has acted as your mother for some time…” she mumbled, remembering the off and on encounters she’d had with their group while out traveling with her Lord. “Do you not find that with her mating to Inuyasha, you have lost your mother?”

Shippo’s eyes widened with understanding. He had to admit, that had been a concern, once upon a time. When he first met Kagome, he didn’t want anybody to come between them, but by the time they actually mated, it had gotten to the point of ridiculousness, and just like the humans in the group, he’d found himself thinking more along the lines of ‘It’s about time.’

“I didn’t lose my mother, Rin.” he assured her, wishing his stature was taller so that he could place a hand upon her shoulder, as he stared up at her seriously. “I’ve gained a father.”

Rin seemed to process that information, and Shippo could not help but notice the look of consideration that passed across her face.

He decided to continue for her anyway.

“Just as you have not lost your father, but have gained a mother.” he stated rather matter-of-factly.

Rin looked panicked to have had such a thing voiced out loud, quickly starting “Lord Sesshoumaru is not my-” but her protest was cut short by the sudden sliding of her chamber door. At least Rin had an excuse for not sensing the youkai who had been steadily approaching. Shippo mentally cursed himself for having become so distracted.

Wenying smiled knowingly, choosing not to comment on the conversation she so obviously heard taking place before she took it upon herself to slide open the shoji door to Rin’s personal sleeping chamber.

“Rin,” she started softly, “Did I not say it was time to retire?”

“Hai!” Rin started, nervously bowing, “But Shippo-chan’s parents are…”

“Preoccupied.” he opted for her, winking smugly which caused a light dusting of blush to rise upon Rin’s cheeks.

Wenying only chuckled. It had been many centuries since she’d come to this land from the continent, a personal request by the late Inu no Taisho, but never in all her years of service to the Inu clan of the West had she found her position so challenging, or so amusing, as when her late Lord’s son and current Lord placed her in charge of all schoolings regarding his human ward. The child named Rin was like the wooden puzzle boxes of her homeland, simple to look upon, but containing many intricate levels, and hidden wonders.

“Well then,” she finally started, after reigning in her amusement, “Shippo may stay, but I want you two to get some sleep.” she emphasized, just as any adult who was supervising a child’s sleep-over would do.

“Hai Wenying-sama” Rin answered with a smile. Shippo bowed, and the panda excused herself, sliding Rin’s door closed behind her.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````


Inuyasha smirked when Kagome yanked his pants from his legs, in the same fashion in which one might yank a blanket from the body of someone whom they were trying to rouse. Readjusting himself, he took a moment to collect the garments that had fallen haphazardly upon the futon, and chuck them all into a nice convenient corner. After taking all this consideration to not snag them upon his claws, it’d be a shame to get a stain on anything.

Kagome crawled seductively back upon the futon, still clad in panties, and now for the first time, she mused, so was Inuyasha. Sure, he’d worn the occasional boxers while in her time, but this was a first. Kagome was half-temped to roll him over onto his stomach just so she could observe the fabric as it disappeared into its secret hiding place.

“Whatch’ya looking’ at, wench?” he sneered teasingly. Kagome giggled, and straddled his covered groin with her own.

He hissed in pleasure and she smiled triumphantly when she discovered the feel of the stiffness resting within the confines of fabric currently wrapped around her hanyou’s lower section. Slowly, she began gyrating against him, swerving her hips in such a fashion that she was sending shivers of pleasure rushing through the man lying below her. Lowering her head to his body, she planted chaste kisses upon his chest, and stomach, as she slowly worked her way south, curving herself at more of an angle as she did so. His entire body visibly stiffened below her when she kissed his navel, and smirking to herself, she opted for not torturing the poor boy on this evening, as she reached the fundoshi she’s had to slide herself backwards slightly in order to reach. Tucking her fingers under the strip of cloth that wound itself around his hips, she winked as she tugged, and successfully finding where the outer edge of the undergarment had been tucked, she pulled, unwrapping him like a present.

His pulsing manhood sprang to life once it was freed from the confines of restricting cloth he’d wrapped himself up in, and Kagome could not help but to laugh at the sigh of relief that near soundlessly escaped his lips.

“This thing uncomfortable?” she asked, cocking her head to the side, as she held up the now unraveled length of cloth.

“You try restraining something like that…” he gestured towards his erection, and Kagome could not stop the second laugh that escaped her. “You can’t keep such a powerful demon constricted in such tight bindings, it gets testy.” He continued, clearly amusing himself.

“Oh no!” she feigned panic, as she glanced back and forth between himself and the fabric still in her hand. “It’s loose! Whatever shall I do!?”

A predatory growl escaped Inuyasha’s throat, as he narrowed his eyes, preparing for the kill. Kagome Eeeped when she suddenly found herself on her back underneath him, wondering how that had happened. In another moment, she registered the sensation of his fingers preparing her opening for entry, and she’d wondered also what had happened to her underwear, until she saw the tattered remains in the same pile as the rest of their clothing.

Despite his playful nature, Inuyasha kept himself under control that night, taking her much more gently than their previous encounter.

``````````````````````````````

Shippo smiled to himself as the sleeping girl behind him tightened the arm she’d wrapped around his body. Shippo had thought nothing of sharing Rin’s futon, having shared Kagome’s bedroll countless times, but Rin, he had to admit, he did not think of as a motherly figure. Sure he was only ten and she was eleven, but they would both grow up in only a few short years. She wasn’t his first crush, he admitted to himself, but something in the back of his mind assured him, she would be his last.

Rin, for her part, had called him cute several times, though a nagging feeling in his gut prayed she hadn’t meant it in an animal aspect. She treated him as a person well enough, and the young human certainly felt comfortable around youkai, that was an understatement. But he hadn’t known what to think of how she’d called his tail cute, and insisted upon petting it. Then again, Kagome did love Inuyasha’s ears… When she’d suddenly asked if he was cold, as she held open her blanket, he hadn’t bothered to tell her that youkai didn’t get cold, as he readily joined her. Rin had smiled, and wrapped her arm around Shippo as if he were a teddy bear. Maybe in the morning, he’d tell her she was cute, too.