InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Interlude… ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================




Chapter 48 - Interlude…



Inuyasha could not conceal the fact that he was grateful to finally be rid of the foul stench of tiger, as he scrubbed his outfit, as well as himself, in the bathhouse. Kagome had washed herself earlier, even without him having asked her to. She could smell their scent almost as strongly as he could, and knew he would want her to wash it off. Chuckling, he realized Lord Daikomaru had probably bathed as well, to get the scent of dog off of him. Sniffing his suikan, he crinkled his nose, still smelling a vague hint of feline, and proceeded to scrub it some more. Though they hadn’t been in physical contact with one another, it was like the tiger’s aura had permeated itself into his clothing, after having spent so many hours in “council” - if you could call it that. When they had relayed to Sesshoumaru what their underlying conversation had been about, Sesshoumaru, in turn, had revealed that he wasn’t at all surprised to learn that Daikomaru’s etiquette had disappeared the moment he’d exited the room.

While no new information had been gathered, per se, regarding the Eastern Lord, it was fairly obvious that that was the intention of the Tora no Taisho himself, to gather information. Inuyasha revealed that Lord Daikomaru had been entirely too interested to learn what it was he intended to do with his new position of power, and he had seemed far too pleased to learn that he intended to continue to live in his quiet human village.

Sesshoumaru, at that point, had confessed to Inuyasha the initial threat made upon said village, were he to involve himself with any possible uprising. To that knowledge, of course, Inuyasha wanted nothing more than to storm the East himself, and get the war over with, but Sesshoumaru had convinced him that they, too, would bide their time, and await Daikomaru to make the first move. He assured his brother that if, and when, such an attack ever took place, they would be ready. Reluctantly, he nodded his agreement. Now wasn’t the time to go looking for trouble, especially when it was entirely possible that on its own, said trouble may never develop. He couldn’t lose sight of what, or rather rather, was more important at the moment. His mate needed him right now, she was with pup, and it was by her side that he needed to be.

Those thoughts, among others, all danced in his head as he entered the ever more familiar bedchamber. Shippo had somehow managed to convince both Kagura and Wenying to permit him to once again stay the night in Rin’s chamber, with the promise that the two of them would not stay up half the night playing, but rather, that he would make sure that she got the proper amount of sleep her growing human body required. They all acknowledged Shippo’s concerns for the mortal girl, and as such, knew that he was telling the truth.

Inuyasha smiled as he realized that that meant that he and his mate would be alone for the night, but even so, he didn’t know if she would be willing to do anything, considering whom else was in the castle at the moment. As he approached her still body as she lay gracefully upon the futon, one thing, he found, he was quite certain of. While providing his son was a man of his word, of which he had no doubt, then judging by the time of night he knew it to be, both children should, at that point, be quite soundly asleep. His mate, on the other hand, was fully conscious, if her increasing smile was any indication at all.

Leaning over her as he closed the distance between them, as if he were unaware of her state of wakefulness, he inhaled deeply, relishing in the way her scent had altered to include that of their slowly developing pup.

“Damn…” he murmured after a moment, catching her gaze when she slowly blinked up at him, her smile still in place. “You smell so fucking good.”

His voice was husky, indicating he didn’t have nearly the amount of control his posture would attempt to claim he had. He made no movement to lower himself to the futon, nor to remove his clothing, but after another moment of labored breathing, he managed to rasp out “Woman, do you have any idea what you do to me?”

“Are you just gonna stand there and talk all night? I thought it was mating season.” she teased, unable to mast her amusement at the way he blinked at her in surprise.

“You said not while we were in the castle.” he wished to clarify, his already somewhat limited control quickly flowing away at her words, just about as quickly as the blood in his body flowed towards his growing shaft.

“That was when Shippo was-”

She never got to finish her sentence, he having apparently gotten the gist of what it was she was attempting to say. She suddenly found herself struggling to breathe in between the heated kisses he was barraging upon her. It was quite fortunate that she was dressed in her miko garb, for it was only after his claws failed to rip through her ensemble, did he even realize that he’d attempted to slice the fabric from her body in the first place. Kagome quickly got the feeling that her mate was a bit more beast than man at the moment, as he eyed her hungrily, while she fumbled to free herself from her clothing as timely as possible. Inuyasha, having retained some semblance of logic, also realized it would behoove him to remove his own garments, as well.

She could tell from the start that it was going to be a rushed mating, but to be perfectly honest, that was actually all right with her. She didn’t feel entirely comfortable permitting that level of vulnerability between herself and her mate while in the company of potential enemies, even though she logically realized that the Eastern Lord obviously had no intention of striking that night, and it was clear to her that Inuyasha’s feelings on the subject were likely on a similar level. Still, it was mating season, and he had been denied the last few nights, something she fully intended to make up to him, repeatedly.

Sitting before him completely naked then, Kagome gazed in love and anticipation at the throbbing erection that was proudly displayed before her, as Inuyasha stood beside the futon, fully void of clothing, as well. Seeing him start to move slowly towards her, she scooted herself over to make room for him on the bed, and when he growled deeply within his throat, she recognized the inu demand that she submit. Though his eyes hadn’t shifted to crimson, they nonetheless held a rather predatory glimmer, and she smiled at the realization that he was relishing in his instinct, allowing himself that manner of freedom, now that his canine side no longer shamed him. Happily, and silently, she obeyed him, raising herself up to her hands and knees. Turning, she presented her backside.

No foreplay, no preparation - not that she truly needed any, to be honest. He entered her swiftly from behind, just as he’d taken her nearly every night of spring from one year past. Her body accommodated him without protest, a small gasp of pleasure escaping her lips as she was suddenly filled to the brim. Miraculously, Inuyasha managed to remain rather gentle, as he took her firmly, yet carefully, conscientious of the precious life growing within her. Just as he’d done on that first night, what now seemed so long ago, he swiftly bit off each and every one of his claws, that time on both hands. She was unaware of that fact until she felt his firm grip on her hips as he impaled her, and realized she wasn’t bleeding as a result. It would have been unwise to add her blood to the scents they were undoubtedly already producing. He had an ulterior motive as well, for which she soon found out, when she felt him suddenly reach around her belly and between her thighs. Having never attempted to tease her nub from that angle before, he was precautious in his efforts, unwilling to risk accidentally injuring her (or himself for that matter) with his razor sharp talons.

Kagome gasped at the sensation, and arched her back, pressing her lower section more firmly against his own. She relished in the knowledge that just because he wished to make their mating swift, it did not mean that he would be denying her the pleasure that he obviously deemed she deserved.

He rubbed her frantically, in time with his speedy thrusts. Then, leaning forward even further, he trailed his tongue along her mating mark, and the extra sensation of tingles that that single act sent shooting through her body was apparently all that was needed. She came hard and fast, her inner muscles clamping almost painfully tight around his throbbing erection as he continued to pump in and out of her.

He didn’t continue for long.

The feeling of her walls gripping him so firmly, combined with sensing her own orgasm through their blood bond, was all that it took to send him plummeting through the abyss of tranquility. Even as the pressure shook him, triggering spasms throughout every muscle in his body, he couldn’t recall a time when he’d felt more at ease. This was where he was meant to be, he thought, as he rested sprawled across the back of his trembling mate, as she effortlessly held both their weights, while still propped up on her hands and knees.

Allowing himself to back away and slip out of her after a moment, he gingerly gripped her sides just below her arms, brushing his still blunted fingertips across the smooth skin at the sides of her breasts, as he pulled her along with him as he leaned them over, until they snuggled, spooned together on their left sides. Lazily, he trailed his right hand up and down her forearm, as he whispered long-standing words of endearment. He was pretty sure he made out a mumbled “I love you too…” before sleep silently took her, and he chuckled to himself. When had he become so blessed? The life of a hanyou was supposed to be brief and miserable, wasn’t it? Kagome always told him that she believed that life had a way of balancing things out. Equivalent exchange, she had called it, a term she’d acquired from one of her brother’s favorite manga. Perhaps she was right, he mused whimsically. With as sucky as his childhood had been - hell, even his adulthood, until the day she released him from Goshinboku - it was about time, he decided, that life started making up for all his earlier hardships. He was fairly certain that there were still bound to be a few bumps on the road, from time to time, but he was also equally certain that together, they could withstand anything.