InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Mistaken Identities ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

A/N: I know there is still mistakes in here. But you've been such a great audience I decided to put it out before the deadline.

MoROn4Life and Rosie 13 this is for you!

MoROn4Life - for actually listening and remembering what I write. Sometimes I think no one is listening to me babbling and then someone shocks me.

Rosie 13 - you're my first biggest fan. ( That makes you special in my book of inspiration! )

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 4

Kagome awoke to find herself in a strange comfy place. It took her a minute to remember how she had gotten there. Rubbing her eyes she quickly peeked up to take a good look at the room now that the sun was streaming through the gigantic window.

Yup, it was still beautiful. Hopping out of bed she wandered over to the window. `Wow, a balcony. I don't recall that being there last night.'

Now that she had taken in the breath taking view of the meadow and the forest not far from it she felt at peace. Even though she realized that she was up early she dressed anyway.

This was the time she would come in Sango's room and ready her outfit of the day. And now Sango's whole wardrobe was at her disposal. Any and everything that she had been eyeing and longing to wear was just waiting for her to put on.

`Where to start!', she thought. She picked up one. And another…and another…and another…and a..this going to take a while.

~*~*~*~*~

"Dammit. Do we have to do this shit now?!"

"Whoa, what's this `we' stuff?"

"But you said-"

"Wrong. I said your presence is required. I am going to meet our guest."

"What? Screw it. I'm not going.", the hanyou stiffly replied.

"Okay, but didn't his Highness drag you there the last time you refused to go."

"No!", he yelled defensively. "He was holding my sleeve and I walked with him."

Miroku shook his hand as he watched InuYasha stomp off, still mumbling to himself.

`Now to check out the mystery woman.'

~*~*~*~*~

By now Kagome had stopped crying. She knew that she'd find a way the screw this up, but who knew it would be this soon.

She leaned back against the trunk of the tree with one leg extended along the branch she was sitting. This left the other one free to dangle, giving her some airflow under the royal garment.

Kagome sighed as she listed the problems of the day.

The disasters had started when she realized the problem with Sango's wardrobe. Kagome's bust was slightly larger than the princess's and that had cut out a significant part of her selection. Another portion was cut because Sango was taller than she was.

Kagome had finally settled on a forest green dress that showed her shoulders and more chest than Kagome preferred. It wasn't decent, especially since this was the first meeting. But it was the only dress that didn't squish her breast to her chest and allowed her to breathe without much effort.

The next fiasco happened when prince Miroku told them that prince InuYasha had a pressing political matter to deal with and return late this afternoon.

In the middle of their tour she had tripped in the stupid heeled shoes and fell straight into the prince.

He caught her, but instead of catching her by the waist or arms he caught her chest. She might have brushed it off as an accident but he let his hands hold her longer than necessary.

She cut her eyes at the cursed shoes that now lay sprawled on the ground and proceeded to throw leaves at them. Now she was outside in a tree a few feet away from the actual forest hiding from everyone.

An aggravated sigh left her lips as she stared up in the endless branches. Maybe if she avoided everyone for the rest of the day all would be forgotten.

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha was walking fast to his private brooding. After being cooped up in a room for several hours with boring people, he wanted nothing more than to get away from it all.

Forget the baka girl. He was to irritated to deal with her right now. He was not in an agreeable mood.

`Wait. Wasn't that why he was doing this in the first place? Because he was so disagreeable no woman would put up with him.'

`Maybe I should go see her now- what the hell! What the fuck was Kikyo doing in his tree? And why the hell was she dress up?' He scowled and began to walk faster. All that mattered was that she was in his tree. She knew the fucking rules!

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome gasped as a hand shot out and grabbed her foot. "Kikyo what the hell are you doing? Get up now!"

Kagome had yet to locate the owner of the hand and voice. "I said get down now!", the voice growled.

In the same instant another hand shot out and grabbed her wrist. They began a short tug-of-war while the girl screamed, "What are you talking about?!"

All of a sudden the wind shifted. The girls scent hit him full in the face. Even though he was so close to her he had just picked up on her scent. Before he had been to enraged to bother.

`Who the hell is this girl?'

Unfortunately, the thought had made InuYasha stop tugging as hard as he had been before. Not noticing the change, Kagome lost her balance and landed smack on top of the hanyou prince.

~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: Sorry about not giving you each your own chapter, but the next one is going to piss everybody off. And I wouldn't want to dedicate that kind of chapter to anyone. Now answer to MoROn4Life -

MoROn4Life - I still fully intent to review as much as I can. But I probably won't be reviewing as faith as I have been. I would like to think that my story is good but not as good as I would like it to be. I know that some of this may come from my learning disability (dyslexia) but I like to think of it as a life long challenge. And I know I am not suppose to compare myself to others because my best and their best are two different things. But there are other authors that I aspire to come close to. To just be on their level would be an honor.