InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Lover's Quarrel ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Claimer- Mira, the mink demoness in mine! You use her you pay for her! I'm a college student I have bills!!! (I know this is, late I fixed it in though)

A/N: Okay I know I have been a bad authoress. I have become what I hate which it the person that takes forever to update. But there is an explanation, which I will give you at the end. I know you want to read the new chapter first. So read now I'll ramble at the end.

(Just so you know this is only piece on the original chapter. I decided that I should give you something for being so patient. And you might want to thank Satori Sayo for this chapter. Without her email I probably would have waited a bit longer to put something up… )

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 15

Life was great. Miroku inhaled thoughtfully. The tightening he had been experiencing for over a month in his chest had stopped. His father wouldn't kill him for running away another bride. And Sango, that beautiful angel had said yes. She was going to enter this marriage of her own free will. There would be no unhappy partner on either side of this arrangement.

His koi was with him right now. Training her heart out. It was amazing how strong and weak she was at the same time. She was so full of determination, such a strong spirit. Her body was strong to but the other day when she had fell out was enough proof to show even she had her limits.

Sango finished her tornado kick and her sparring partner landed in a pile along with his comrades.

"Okay. I think it's time you had a challenge."

She wiped off a light sheen of sweat.

"You mean to say they," she gesture to the pile of unconscious men, "weren't a challenge?"

He smirked as he began to crack his neck in preparation.

"Of course not, my Aphrodite. You need someone on your level."

His fiancée pulled a face. "Aphrodite?"

"You're my personal love goddess are you not?" He took in great pride that he was getting better at making her blush. "What you expect me to call you Sango all the time? What kind of marriage life is that?"

"Yes, well until we are indeed married you can continue to call me Sango. Thank you very much."

"As you wish darling."

"Miroku!"

"Okay. Okay. Now remember what I said about disguising your moves."

She nodded and they took on their battle stance.

~*~*~*~*~

"As the mist cleared he drank in the sight before him. It was…"

The suspense of her pause was killing! InuYasha couldn't take it anymore. He sat up to stare at her.

"It was what? What did he see? Why did you stop?"

"Because that was the end of the scroll."

"What! You're kidding right?" He snatched the document in question to check for himself. "What the hell? How can they do that! Who wrote this? I'll have them killed!"

"InuYasha it's okay. The scroll was part of a set remember? All I have to do is go get the other one."

He inwardly relaxed.

"So what are you sitting there for? Go get it."

She bowed her head and nervously fiddled her fingers. "Well see the thing is, I…uh kind of misplaced it."

The tension was back again.

"What!"

She little out a dry laugh and winced at his growing anger.

"Well see I have been spending some nights in Sango's room and I think I might have unknowingly moved it in my haste to leave."

"And you didn't think that maybe it was important to find it when we got closer to the end of this one?"

"It's not all my fault you know. The extra time I would have had to search for it I was spending with you."

"Oh."

"Yeah. `Oh.' I promise I will look for it alright?"

"InuYasha!"

They both turned to see Kikyo walking towards them.

"What do you want?" He asked still a little upset that he would have to contend with the cliffhanger until the scroll was found.

"The King has requested your presence, now."

The half dog grimaced.

`Not now. What the fuck does he want?'

"Fine." Looking back at Kagome, "I want you to find that scroll."

"I already promised I would."

He stood up but didn't walk away, like he was waiting for something. Both the servants looked at him in a questioning stare.

With a light glare he looked back down at her. "What's the problem? You want me to carry you or something?"

Now Kagome was confused. "What?"

"Get off your butt. Aren't you coming?"

"No. I was going to sit out here for a while."

For a split second he looked disappointed and hurt that she didn't want to walk with him.

"Whatever, just don't hurt yourself while I'm gone."

She would have brushed it off as concern if he hadn't said it so harshly. Kagome jumped up and began a face off.

"You think I always get in trouble? That I need to rely on you for help?"

"If you mean, do you need me to protect you? Yeah, you do."

`Of all the…!' She stabbed a finger in the air. "I don't need you to take care of me. I was taking care of myself long before I met you!"

`Who did she think she was? Of course she needed his protection. How dare she think she didn't!' He towered over her. "Fine. Have it your way. But when you break you ankle or something don't come crying to me!"

`I can't believe he said that! It was partly his fault I hurt my ankle!'

"I don't mean to interrupt but the his Highness is waiting."

They had forgotten Kikyo was there.

InuYasha walked away leaving Kikyo to follow.

~*~*~*~*~

She grunted and directed a punch toward his abdomen.

"Stop that!"

He stepped back to dodge her attack but not before he out stretched a hand to grab her breast.

"Why my dearest Sango what are you talking about?"

"Stop it!" She chopped his arm. "Fight like a man!"

He winced while receiving another chop to the side of his neck.

"Now that was a bit," Sango found herself looking at the ceiling as he flipped her on to her back "below the belt, don't you think."

Miroku walked over and stood at her head. Much to the Mayan maiden's displeasure he had that stupid grin again. What she wouldn't do to get it off his face! She kicked him inches above his crouch. Instinctively the prince grabbed the area.

"No, that's below the belt."

She smirked up at him from the floor satisfied that she had won a small battle in spite of losing the war.

Shaking his head at her twisted humor he sat a moment to process the information that he had just learned about how her fight changed according to her mood. It seemed that the angry she got the better she fought. Very peculiar, not that she could ever be classified as ordinary.

The theory had come to him on more than a few occasions so he tested it out. He began to grab her and at first she shrugged it off but the continued assault slowly bubbled her anger.

"You're doing much better at disguising your moves."

"Really?" The prince nodded. "Then how did you dodge so many?", she muttered from her place on the floor.

"Because have lighting fast reflexes." Sango scoffed. "And it's official, when you're mad you fight better."

Blinking up at him a thought occurred to her. "Is that what the assaults to my person were for?" He answered her with a smile. "But how can I get mad at an opponent that I don't know? "

"Have you ever pretended to cry before?"

"Why would I want to do that?"

"I was trying to use an example. There was this chambermaid I knew and she could cry on command. I was curious as to how she did so I asked. She told me that if you think of something very sad that it would trick yourself into crying."

"So you want me to think of something that makes me mad?"

"That is my opinion."

Although she had bound her chest it still stuck out when she arched to sit up. The sight made him groan. After grabbing her for such a long amount of time it was safe to say that he was a little more than aroused. But the fact that they were quick did nothing to satisfy him. Just thinking about the soft flesh beneath the cloth was enough to make his "body" jump.

Then she started to rub her shoulder and neck. Hello! He had just been given a way to touch her without her protesting? Kami must be smiling on him this week!

Sitting Indian style, she was desperately trying to relief her muscles. Ever since her husband to be had given her a massage they seemed to be super sensitive. She was guessing it was because her body now knew what it felt like to be unwound it was not going to settle for anything less.

Her concentration was broken when two legs slid on opposite sides of her crossed ones. Two hands came from behind to her remove weak effort of soothing herself, as well as the material covering the troubling spots. Then it happened. She felt those fingers. Those magical fingers. They were cutting away the tension like a hot knife to butter. Her eyes drifted shut and relished the wonderful attention she was receiving.

He thought that touching her would partly comfort him but he was quickly being proved wrong when his little deity started to moan. Having his hands on her just wasn't enough. He needed more.

Her breath hitched when she felt her masseuse nipping at the skin behind her ear.

`What was he doing and more importantly why didn't she want him to stop?'

Gravely focusing on her voice instead of the delicious new sensation quaking through her body, "Miroku."

The warm lips were replaced with a tongue that was getting acquainted with her ear lobe.

"Miroku." She panted out once more. "I don't think this is the-"

He stopped the rest of her sentence with a kiss and looked at her.

"You're right this isn't the place to be doing this in."

She was about to nod but paused. `Did he say 'place'? Doesn't he mean this behavior is inappropriate at altogether?'

The woman he cradled in his arms exploded to the best of her ability in her weakened state. Her eyes snapped open but she was still unable to raise her body from lying against his chest.

"You pervert. That's not what I was about to say."

"Really." Lowly whispering in her ear. The tickling air triggered her flashbacks to what he had been doing earlier. "What were you going to say?"

Pushing back the memory, she twisted to look him in the eye. Immediately she cursed herself. Why did she look into his hypnotic eyes?

"I …uh…"

~*~*~*~*~

Mira sniffed silently. She was on her way back from Jineji's place with the herbs Kikyo had ordered. The mink was supposed to go drop them off but she needed a drink first. Something to make the pain go away. She made a detour to the kitchen. There had to be something left over from last night's dinner that she could have. Placing the small sack on the counter she began foraging.

Kagome was still seething from her spat with InuYasha. She went to the kitchen in hopes that Koharu had anything she could eat. There was no way she was going to sit at the same table with him right now.

"Koharu!" She called from the door before walking in. "Koharu I was wondering if you…"

Mira on her knees weeping made the lady in waiting forget her own worries. She had heard that demoness was going through a rough time. Manten had gotten into a yelling match with Hiten over her. Hiten had also taken the time to fill in his brother about how she wasn't being pleased so he thought it his brotherly duty to take up his slack.

"Mira?"

"Just go away. Leave me here to rot."

"Come on."

The women sat down at a small table. Mira laid her head on the worn surface and continued to cry.

"Kagome it was so terrible. I didn't mean to…If only I had….I broke his heart."

"I'm sure you didn't mean to hurt anyone. Least of all Manten." She cooed and patted her back.

"I love him. I crushed his soul. All because of one lustful moment."

Koharu entered the kitchen with a few carrots and a small sack of tealeaves.

"What's going on?"

She sat the items on the counter and moved toward her visitors.

"It's Mira. She is upset over the incident with you-know-who."

Koharu nodded and grabbed the bag of leaves. She dumped them into the batch of already brewing tea, her eyes never leaving the broken woman.

"I'll let this finish before I start cooking then."

Both put forth much effort to comfort Mira. They were rewarded when she finally stopped crying.

Kagome got up to get them something to drink.

"Kagome while you are up can you stir the tea, please?"

In the middle of carrying out this task she realized she could just kill two birds with one stone. She returned with a cup of hot tea for Mira. The mink took the cup and pushed it back.

"I was hoping for something a bit stronger."

Koharu smiled. "I can fix that."

The cook got up and pulled out a bottle. She was about to pour a cup for Kagome but was stopped.

"I don't really drink. I'll just have the tea." She sat down a pulled the cup toward her.

"Alright, but you don't know what you are missing."

After blowing on the warm liquid she took a few sips. It tasted funny. Not bad funny but funny. It seemed to have an extra kick to it. It was really good.

~*~*~*~*~

"All I'm saying is that you were a bit harsh. That might have caused her to-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion."

"I'm just trying to help."

"I didn't ask for your help either. If she thinks she doesn't need me then that's that. I don't care. We'll see how long it takes her to admit she was wrong."

"You know I forget how much of an ass you can be." She stomped off.

"Glad to remind you." He yelled before throwing open the door.

"InuYasha, there is a thing called knocking." The hanyou scoffed. "You remember the little thing you do when you want to enter a room that is not yours."

"Get to the fucking point Sess. What do you want?"

"Little brother patience is an attribute that you need to acquire." He got up from the desk to stand in front of his only sibling. "When the renegotiations are done I want you to sit in on them."

"Is that what you called me for? Why didn't you tell Kikyo to tell me that? Or wait to tell me when we ate."

"I will be working though lunch. And do not question my reasons."

He had caused him to get into a fight with Kagome over this?

"You think you're all high and mighty don't you?"

"I don't think it. I know."

That was the last straw. InuYasha pulled back a fist.

~*~*~*~*~

"Jeez, and I thought my first time was bad."

Koharu shook her head and took a swig of her drink before answering.

"No. I have yet to hear a story worse then mine."

All three of them laughed hard.

"Well come on Kagome. Spill." Mira urged her.

"What are you talking about? Miss goody-goody over there? I bet she is still pure as the day she was born."

Kagome smirked while downing the rest of her tea, waiting to see exactly what they would say.

"Oh, come on! She spends enough time with prince InuYasha. I'm sure something happened."

"True. But I thought you meant before she came here. So tell us."

They turned to watch Kagome get another cup of tea. Her steps were a bit wobbly but the other two were to buzzed to notice.

"For both of your information I have the ability to be in the room with a man and nothing happen. I don't think it's proper to be alone in a bedroom or anything…"

"Stop stalling."

"No, InuYasha and I haven't done anything. We are adults and can control our bodies."

She sipped some of her tea.

"I told you!"

"But! Just because I haven't done anything with him doesn't mean I'm as pure as the day I was born either."

The women squealed at the scandalous tidbit.

"Who was it?"

"What happened?"

Kagome opened her mouth to answer but her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she hit the floor.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Okay I will answer the reviews in a moment. Here is what I have preoccupied with. I honestly have been working on this chapter. I had over 30 pages for chapters 15-16. But I pushed the original chapter 15 back because people were complaining that I wasn't giving enough InuYasha/Kagome. So I went back a put something in for them but I had to adjust my timeline to pit it in.

I thought I did a lot of InuYasha/Kagome. Go back and look at the chapters. They even have whole chapters for just themselves. I love Kagome/InuYasha material that's part of the reason I did them first in this story. But I still have 4 other couples. Sango/Miroku, Koga/Ayame, Kikyo/Naraku, and Sesshomaru/Rin. I still have to address certain issues with Miroku/Sango and Koga/Ayame. I just love the cuteness of Sesshomaru/Rin and I try to tone down on the Kikyo/Naraku stuff since it makes you all gag. I only add them when necessary.

Now the more personal reasons…I had surgery. *shudders* Nothing real big but the pain killers made it hard for me to even have a conversation let alone type. And then I had to pause a few more days because I had writer's block. I did get a new idea though. It's still in the works. (Though I promised myself MTB would be my last story) I also had to move out of the dorms and such and now I'm working on trying to get things ready for going back to school. Plus I had to make trips out of state to help my sister with her dorm move.

Anyway, I'm sorry but between that and not wanting to put the chapter out until it met my standards it took a while. Confidentially, I still haven't gotten it to my liking so if I change something sorry.

Now answer to the reviews:

Mike aka Spyrofate - Thank you so much! Your review warmed my heart. And I know the some on the scene cuts are confusing. I did it like that on purpose. Why? Because I'm difficult and I like making you wait.

fireash - That's fine. I understand that sometimes things get piled up. You were busy. Glad to have you back.

DBZ Lover - I already stated that I didn't know much about Ayame. And if anyone wanted to be helpful to give me a profile of her. No one did. So I made her the way I saw along with the little bit that I knew. Besides she isn't stupid in my fic. Ayame never knew that was how Kagome felt. Kagome never turned down Koga publicly. As you can see every time she told him she didn't want to be with him it was in private.

InusDemoness - I saved you for last. Loved your review because you picked out all the things I also loved about the last chapter. I know I was evil for having Ayame deliver that news to him but she didn't know. InuYasha vs. Koga: The final battle!! Got to love those.

I too love how cute Rin's whiny/pouty ways turned out. It was one of the reasons I have put them in more than I originally planned. But they developed into such a wonderful couple I couldn't let them linger in the background.

*claps* Give this girl the gold! She hit the nail on the head! Bet you didn't think that was what he was planning as the "surprise" for Kikyo. He gave his reason for his plotting earlier but no one was looking for it so it went unnoticed. He will explain himself again later.