InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Tainted Tea ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This will have mistakes. I have yet to receive my beta's revisions but I wanted to post it anyway. I'm being impatient. I promise to post to good copy as soon as I get it!

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 16

"I will not."

"Come on Sango. It's just a room. Like any other room."

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's not decent for us to be in there together especially alone."

"We're alone now."

"Well yes but," she looked down as a hint of pink touched her cheeks, "when two people of the opposite sex go in the bed chambers certain assumptions will be made." She finished in a low tone, slightly embarrassed that he made her spell it out for him.

He chuckled softly. "And you call me the hentai. Look where your mind is. I just want somewhere more comfortable and private to talk to you. Nothing will happen unless you indicate otherwise."

"You know what I meant. And that is exactly why I'm not going to be alone in such a private room."

"What you don't trust yourself?", he teased.

"Miroku! Stop twisting my words. What's wrong with you people? Weren't you taught what was proper?"

The prince took a moment to reflect on his edict teacher's lessons. But for some reason all he could remember was how huge her chest had been. A little boy's dream. He smiled while reminiscing on how he would just do whatever she asked so she would squeeze him to her chest in delight at his progress. It had been such a sweet reward.

He pulled his thoughts back to his fiancée's scolding. If she caught him, he'd rather not tell her where his thoughts had taken him.

"It's bad enough this place has poisoned Kagome's mind. I found her lounged in the bed with your friend. I gave her a firm talking to. I think you should remind that dog boy that he is not to corrupt her…in ANY fashion."

He frowned a bit. He wasn't going to tell InuYasha anything. He valued privacy which is why he usually wanted the door to any room he was in closed. Not that he respected anyone else's privacy. As for "corrupting" the lady in waiting he very much doubted InuYasha would do anything of the sort. He respected Kagome highly. He didn't really have much finesse anyway so she was safe.

"Miroku, I'm serious. You need to talk to him."

"Butterfly, I'm-" She glared at him and he rolled his eyes at remembering her new rule about not calling by her name. "Sango-"

"Princess Sango! Princess Sango!" A servant girl ran in. "One of your servants has taken ill."

~*~*~*~*~

Mira was running as fast as she could in her tipsy state. Kikyo had given her specific instructions and they were not to come back until she found InuYasha.

Judging by the crash sounds coming from the King's study they must be in there.

"Prince InuYasha! Prince InuYasha!"

She opened the door to revel his majesty's hand around the man in question's throat. Both the silver haired men looked up from their positions on the floor at whom ever had been insane enough to walk in on their scuffle.

"Um, your Excellencies I don't mean to intrude but I was told by Kikyo to inform prince InuYasha that Miss Kagome is not well."

~*~*~*~*~

He gritted his teeth to hold back the anger.

`Why hadn't that idiot sent a messenger yet?'

The King was bound to get suspicious if his finest troops had yet to fight off the "raiders" that were pillaging the Mayan kingdom. And if that didn't sound fishy to him he'd take it out on HIS hide that his best men had not been able to complete what should have been a cake walk mission.

Naraku mentally planned a meeting that he rather not have. He was supposed to spend tonight with Kikyo. With everything coming so close to completion he wanted no screw ups. So he had cancelled their last few get-togethers. She hadn't been happy but she understood. And after disappearing on her to talk to Koga he had promised her tonight to make up for it.

So much for that. He was going to throttle her for messing up his time with Kikyo. The last thing he needed her thinking that he was avoiding her and canceling on her on purpose. After all his waiting, silent pinning, and watching her run after the prince he refused to lose her now that he had her.

`Why was it so hard to find good lackeys?'

But he couldn't risk punishing her just yet. That might make her lose her concentration. No. He'd do it afterwards.

~*~*~*~*~

"No! I'm not coming out!"

"Kagome we need you to sit up."

She only tunneled further into her sheets.

"But they will get me if I come out."

Koharu lifted up a corner of the sheets to look at the hysterical woman.

"Who will get you?"

"The flying beavers.", she whispered. "They will try to bite off my head if I come out."

"Koharu , are you certain she didn't have anything other than tea?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Well we won't know what else she has been doing until InuYasha gets here." The cook looked at her strangely. "I mean prince InuYasha."

Kagome poke her head from under the covers.

"The Puppy-dog man? Is he back from seeing Stripes?"

"Stripes?"

"You know, fluffy guy?"

"I believe she is talking about the King." Kikyo sighed. She turned to the delusional servant. "Yes, InuYasha is back."

She pouted, "But I don't see hi-AHH! The beavers are back!" She pulled the covers around herself once more.

"Where is she?" He asked wildly searching the room as he stood in his tatter clothing, one sleeve was torn and holding on by a few threads. The other rips showcasing cuts and soon to be bruises.

"Puppy-dog man?"

He could hear her but he couldn't see her. He scanned the room again. Kikyo directed his attention to the lump in the sheets.

"Kagome?"

A blur raced across the room and she appeared behind him.

"Good you're here. Now you can kill those flying devils."

"Huh?"

"Those evil flying beavers!" She pointed to the ceiling Then she noticed his appearance. "Oh my Kami! They got you." Dropping to her knees and shaking a fist in the air. "When will this insanity end!"

When he last saw her she was fine. Angry, but fine. And now this same woman was sitting before him except now she was not fine. She was a few trees short of a forest.

He turned angry eyes on the Kikyo and Koharu. "Someone tell me what happened. Now!"

The cook sifted nervously and glanced at Kikyo. She didn't seem to be much help at the moment since she was looking at her expectantly which made the prince look at her too. Apparently the long haired woman hadn't forgotten the lessons she learned from all the time she spent with the inu and was not going to utter a word that directed his anger toward her.

"We were just sitting around. In the kitchen, talking and drinking…Well we were she wasn't. Then she passed out and woke up like this." Koharu pointed. "I swear we didn't do anything."

Kagome was now curled in a ball with her arms over her head, protecting it from the flying evil.

Mira ran in with a small sack in her hand and held it out.

"I wasn't sure what kind of herbs these were but I ran back to get them incase you could use them."

"It was a nice thought but those leaves make a paste that goes on rashed skin."

The prince added while hovering over the sick servant, "I think you picked up the wrong bag anyway. Those are tealeaves. I can smell them from here."

"What are you talking about? This is the bag I sat on the counter. It was right where I left it."

A gasp drew everyone's attention.

"Mira?" The mink looked over at Koharu. "Did you say that bag was on the counter?"

"Yes. Why?"

Gulping hard, "If that's true then I might have put the herbs in the tea by mistake. I wasn't really paying attention.", she confessed.

"You did what?!" His anger was raising again.

"I didn't know there was another bag on the counter.", Koharu defended.

"You mean the tea was poisoned?", Mira's voice cracked as she place a hand on her throat.

Kikyo shook her head.

"She shouldn't die from it but apparently she is suffering from hallucinations. Otherwise she appears to be all here," She gazed at the woman that was still cowering from imaginary creatures, "…in a manner of speaking. We'll have to wait for it to go through her system."

The mink began softly crying.

"If only I hadn't stopped. If I had dropped it off like I was supposed to."

"No Mira, I should have been paying attention to what I was doing. Then I would have never put the wrong leaves in."

"Wrong. It's both of your faults.", he scolded.

He pulled Kagome to her feet and growled when the demoness tried to help.

"Please, let us help."

"Don't fucking touch her!"

Kagome looked up him with saddened eyes. "No Puppy-dog man, it's not their fault the beavers got lose."

The inu prince was amazed. Even in this condition she was trying to keeping him from getting angry. He silently cursed her hurt expression. She acted as if he was yelling at her. The combined stupidity of both these women had turned her into a quivering brainless mass and she didn't want him to get mad!

"I think it's clear both you wenches have helped enough. Be glad I don't punish you both. The only person that is going to touch her is me. We'll be in my room."

~*~*~*~*~

"What do you mean she is probably okay? She fell out. That is not alright."

"What I meant was its probably not as bad as it sounds."

She threw the hall doors open sending crashing echoes to startle a few servants on their daily task.

"Your friend is responsible for this."

"Well I'm sure he wouldn't let anything happen to her. It must have been an accident."

"He is always with her, of course it's his fault!"

She was still walking fast and had yet to give him a backward glance.

"Sango maybe you should calm down before-" He was rushing to get the sentence out as fast as he could but she was faster and jerked open the door.

The royal couple was greeted with Kagome resting in the bed and InuYasha sitting beside her, watching her face intently.

~*~*~*~*~

`Finally!'

She was finally resting. It wasn't until he convinced her the room was beaver proofed that she calmed down.

`This is all her fault. She should have just come with me. And she thinks she doesn't need my protection?'

For some reason he wasn't happy he had won the argument. He thought back to what happened earlier.

(Flashback)

"Are you sure they can't get in?"

"Yes, I'm sure.", he answered for the millionth time.

Kagome looked around the room a few more times as if she had never seen it before. To him she looked so frightened and alone. All he wanted to do was hold her until she was better but for fear of spooking her more than she was already he stayed seated on the edge of the bed.

She sat there a moment longer clutching the sheets with her legs pulled up to her chin.

"You should get some rest. Kikyo said that sleep would help you get better faster."

"Ki-ki-yo?"

"Yeah…You don't remember?" She shook her head. "Um, the girl that looks like you…"

"Oh, my reflection! She was being very naughty, climbing out the mirror like that. I should make her get back in."

Deciding that explaining things would only make her more confused he simply agreed.

"Right. What can you remember?"

She sat there as if she was trying her hardest to recall something. He wasn't sure when it happened but he looked down to see the distraught women's head pressed into his chest.

"I can't remember. Why can't I remember?", her voice wavered a bit.

`Please don't cry. Please don't cry. Please don't cry. Please don't- Damn. She's crying.'

He rubbed her back to try and comfort her but he his mind kept wondering to one question: `If she can't remember then did she forget me?' It was a very selfish thing to be thinking while trying to comfort someone but he couldn't help himself. She just couldn't forget about them.

"Do you remember me?"

Much to his relief she nodded. He exhaled fluttering her hair slightly. He hadn't realized he was holding it.

"What is the last thing you remember?"

"You leaving me."

He twisted his mouth so he wouldn't say the wrong thing.

`She would remember that part.'

"You won't leave me again will you?"

Her sobs became audible now.

"No."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Slowly she quieted and drifted into a slumber. He laid her down on the pillows. Wasn't this how they had started off? Fighting under the tree and her crying herself to sleep in his bed.

InuYasha pulled a chair to the bed side. He wasn't going to go anywhere. There was no way he was going to let her out of his sight again.

(End Flashback)

There was a small gasp.

"Kagome." Sango sprinted over to her lay in waiting, then turned hard eyes on InuYasha. "You! What did you do?"

The half demon was insulted by her accusations.

`She wanted to know what he had done? Did this bitch think he'd harm her!'

"What was that?", he asked through clenched teeth.

"What did you do to her?" She said each word slowly so his small brain would grasp it while stepping beside him.

In an instant he was on his feet.

"Why you-"

Miroku materialized between them.

"Both of you settle down. You'll wake up Kagome. And Sango I already told you InuYasha wouldn't do anything to her."

"You wanna know what happened to her, you ask that idiot cook and blubbering mink. But I swear if you wake up Kagome-"

"Fine. Fine." The black haired prince harshly whispered in effort to stomp the embers of another argument.

Huffing the princess went to sit in the chair InuYasha had previously occupied.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Sitting."

"That is MY chair."

"If you were a gentleman you would give the lady your chair."

"When I see one I will."

The Mayan princess was seething with anger.

"You impudent-"

"She has two sides. And there is more than one chair in this room." Miroku stated in a low voice and sent a pleading look to InuYasha in hope that he would not fight with Sango.

After a few seconds the hanyou turned away from the princess and look at his life long friend and spoke to him in a warning tone.

"Control your bitch Miroku."

He visible winced. He had asked his friend not to call her that.

"What do you think I'm trying to do?"

"How dare you! If anyone needs a leash it's you, dog man!"

This was going down hill fast. Miroku groaned. To think he believed Kagome was the hot head of the two. He leaned over and pulled his fiancée over his shoulders and walked out of the room.

"Miroku! Miroku what are you doing? Put me down or I swear I'll kick you in your treasure! You know I will."

"No you won't."

"What makes you so sure?"

"One: You'll curse yourself for the rest of your life when you realize you have destroyed your personal pleasure key. Two: We need an heir."

He was rewarded with an aggravated scream.

"Where are you taking me?"

"The kitchen. You wanted to know what happened to her."

"I can walk you know."

"I much prefer this method."

"You would you hentai. Get your hands off my butt!"

"I promise that it just there to support you." He gave her a squeeze and grinned. "Well half the reason anyway."

~*~*~*~*~

"I want a status report."

"I'm afraid there is nothing to report."

"I want to know who broke into my castle. NOW."

"Well there is one lead that we are looking into."

"Then why are you wasting oxygen just sitting there? Hop to it and get InuYasha in here."

"Uh, but my King if you remember he's with the human girl."

"Ah, yes." He scribbled something on a piece of paper. "Give this to my little brother. I'm positive it will get him to leave the girls side for a moment."

`Was that a hint of amusement in the King's eyes?'

~*~*~*~*~

"You didn't have to hit so hard."

"I gave you ample opportunity to put me down."

The woman entered the kitchen first.

"Excuse me? Is there a Koharu here?"

"That would be me." She answered with her back to them. This time she was paying attention to what she put in the pot. Turning around, "Oh, your highness! What can I do for you?"

"Calm down Cookie. No need for formalities."

Koharu face lit up. Only one person called her that. She brushes passed the dark haired woman to the grinning man behind.

"Miro!" She hugged his waist and he patted her on the head. "Why don't you visit me anymore?" She pouted.

"Sorry things have been busy."

"It's okay I know you get- Oh my gosh! What happened to your head?"

"It's nothing really."

The cook rubbed the bump on his head. "It certainly doesn't look like nothing."

She had let the Yura thing go but surely he was not going to flirt with this girl. And right in front of her! He was HER fiancé`.

"Well that's very kind of you to worry over me." He flashed her a winning smile.

The woman giggled. "What can I do for you, Miro?"

"Well I-" He tensed at the growl-like sounds coming from his intended. "I mean we. Me and the lovely princess, in which I'm going to marry." Koharu stepped away from him to look at the forgotten woman. Sango march to stand beside him. At least she stopped growling. "We wanted to know what happened to Kagome."

The bright face dulled with sadness.

"They were talking when I came in, Mira and Kagome. I was worried about Mira so I wasn't paying attention. Maybe if I had I wouldn't have put the wrong leaves in the tea. I picked up Mira's bag instead of mine. She drank the tea and got sick. I didn't know it was the wrong bag, honest. You believe me don't you Miro?" Her eyes brimmed with tears, desperately tugging the front of his robes.

Now he was in a tight spot. How could he reassure Koharu without making Sango angry?

Smiling softly, "I know you wouldn't hurt a living soul on purpose."

`Just wait until we get alone. I'm going to make him sorry. How dare he! Smiling at her like that. If he leans any closer he will be kissing her!'

"You believe her, don't you my sweet?"

The cook then turned the sadden eyes on her waiting for an answer.

"Of course I do."

Blinking the tears away, a small smile appeared.

"I thank you both for believing me. Now I have to get back to dinner."

"Yes, you do that." Her mood was improving now that the girl had released her hold on him.

"Try not to wait so long to visit me next time. Miro.", she waved.

He waved back, "I won't."

The royal woman rapidly hooked her arm in his.

"Come along honey." She gritted out with a fake smile.

~*~*~*~*~

"You wanted to see me master?"

"Yes. We are going to make this quick. I have other matters to attend to."

"I'm listening."

He smacked her cheek with such force one of the flowers fell out of her hair. A flicker of hurt showed on her eyes became glassy again.

"Where is the messenger? You were supposed to send someone to tell them everything is fine in Mayan. I have been planning this for to long to have it ruined by your incompetence."

"I'll send someone right away. What were your plans for the wolf lord? I started to over take them but-"

"No. I want them left unharmed. I have other plans for them."

"Master I wasn't done. I would have taken them over but I only have enough room for one more."

"One more. Well we'll have to make it a good one then. I need it to be someone close. One of the girls. I'll let you choose. Pick the girl with the most potential. And no more screwed ups."

~*~*~*~*~

"I'm not leaving. Tell Sess to sit on his royal ass and wait."

"You will not talk that way about King Sesshomaru, vermin."

"I will do whatever I fucking want. Now leave." He turned back to watch Kagome.

Jaken waved his staff behind him in a threatening manner. Without turning the inu hanyou spoke.

"I dare you."

"Here." A piece of paper was thrust at him. "The King knew you would decline. Read it." The toad walked off.

I only need your signature on a few papers. After you are done you can get back to your bitch-to-be. And please don't rip up the note. I would like my abode to stay clean.

-Sesshomaru

He growled lowly and crumpled the note instead then threw it on the floor out of spite. It would just be a few minutes. And he wanted to rip the smirk of a certain someone's face. He would be back before she got up.

~*~*~*~*~

"What are you smirking about?"

"Nothing, nothing at all." He grinned. "I just can believe you got jealous."

"Jealous? Me? You are calling me jealous?"

"If the saddle fits…"

"What did I have to be jealous over?"

"You were ready to tear little Koharu apart."

She looked guilty for a second. "No I didn't."

"So then what was this?" He pointed to their entwined arms and she unhooked herself to cross her arms over her chest. "And then there was the honey thing."

"You heard wrong."

She tried to ignore that stupid grin of his.

"Is that so?"

"Yes it is. And I'm still mad at you for calling me outside of my name."

~*~*~*~*~

A few swallows confirmed it. Her throat was dry, really dry. She forced her eyes to open into small slits. Where was she? The last thing she remembered was talking to Koharu and Mira.

Was that chair red? Red…Everything was red. Why is it she always seemed to end up in his room or more precisely his bed? Not that she minded being surrounded by the silken sweet comfort.

What had happen? And judging by the light in had taken up most of the day. It should have been dinner time. She rubbed her head in effort to make it stop throbbing as she sat up.

"I'll find out what happened later."

The newly dulled pain in her head was making it hard to focus. If she left now she could still concentrate the last of her energy on getting to her room.

~*~*~*~*~

"And so they split the kingdom into two-"

She sighed.

"You are telling him that story again?"

"I told you it was his favorite."

"But I-"

"Rin I don't have much time. After I put him to sleep I have to start writing up a new agreement for the margining of our kingdoms."

The little demon sputtered an angry gurgle at his mother for interrupting. And the father and son continued their favorite activity. Meanwhile, Rin sprawled along the bed with a hand holding her chin.

This would not do. This would not do at all. She was sleeping alone again. He'd made them take away her sweets. She wasn't allowed to go anywhere. And when he did grace her with his presence it was very brief. Then most of the time was spent with their son.

`Was it wrong to be jealous of a baby? Your own flesh and blood that you bore?' The Queen sighed once again. `If he thought she was bothering him now she would show him. If acting like a baby was what she had to get some attention then that's what she was going to do.'

~*~*~*~*~

"DAMN THAT WOMAN!"

The shout echoed through the halls and startled a few that already were sleeping.

How was it possible? He was gone for a few minutes. He even ran there and back. Not to mention he and his brother cut their usual verbal squabble short. As much has Sesshomaru picked at him he also had a woman to get to.

InuYasha silently fumed while he stomped to her room. He just knew she'd be there.

What the hell was her problem? She was half out of her head and she thought it was okay to just wonder around? He punched a dent in the wall as he walked along. What if something else happened to her? But he knew that it was his own fault he missed her.

He had broken his promise hours after making it. But maybe he was putting to much blame on himself. He couldn't actually be with her every minute. She would have to leave his sight at some point.

When he reached her door he had mostly calmed down. He could clearly smell that she had been here recently. He started to knock but with his luck she'd think the sound was a beaver trying to get in.

He tested the knob. He wasn't sure whether to be happy he wouldn't have to scratch up his claws picking the lock or mad that she was sleeping soundly with the door unlocked so anyone could walk in.

Sure everyone knew to keep their distance when it came to Kagome. It was blatantly obvious to anyone that had a brain, with the exception of Koga. But some people just that bold. And he was more than willing to rip their spinal cords out. He'd have to talk to her about locking that door later.

InuYasha walked over and sat beside her on the bed. He began looking her over to make certain was indeed okay. When he placed a hand on her brow her eyes fluttered open.

"How are you-"

"You've got some nerve."

He was completely taken back at her statement. "Huh?"

"Didn't you hear anything I said today? I told you I don't need you babying me."

She sounded like herself. But didn't she remember what she had asked him? Was it possible that now that the tea had gone out of her system that she didn't remember?

"Kagome don't you-tell me what happened after you left the kitchen."

"I uh I can't…I don't really know."

His head bent slightly so that his bangs shaded his eyes. `She doesn't remember any of it.'

InuYasha pulled her to him. He had wanted to do this all day and he couldn't take it anymore. He held her tightly and stroked her hair.

"Kagome today you made me promise you something and though you don't remember I still intend to keep it."

She embraced him back but what he said wasn't making sense. Didn't they fight this morning? They had spoken after that? He didn't seem mad anymore. He wasn't acting like himself. What exactly happened?

"InuYasha what-"

"Shhh." The hanyou pushed her back on the pillows and kissed her softly. "Get some rest. You've had a long day."

He left her there lying in a confused daze and went to leave. Before he could open the door there was a knock. He revealed Sango on the other side.

"Don't worry I was leaving."

He walked off in silence. Sango entered and closed the door behind her.

"Are you okay?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that!"

Her friend walk closer to get a better look at her. "You are you again?"

"What are you talking about? What happened?"

"Well according to Mira you had some spiked tea. And you fell out. When you woke up you were not yourself." She finished in a low whisper. "Like that little "Cookie" couldn't just come out and say that. Talking in circles."

"Let me get this straight. I was poisoned?"

"In a way I suppose. Mira said that Kikyo informed them that you should be fine. You just had to let it work it's way out of your body."

"So it that why I was in his room."

"Who you mean …him?" She didn't call the inu prince outside his name for her friend's sake. "I suppose so. I'll go get Kikyo so she can look you over before you go back to bed."

Sango left Kagome with her thoughts.

If all that had happened to her didn't that mean that she had been proven wrong? Not once had he rubbed her face in it. She sighed. It really had been a silly argument anyway. And then she had been so rude to him when came to check on her.

Ignoring the aches of her body she willed herself for the trek to his room. She had to know why.

~*~*~*~*~

He watched as the last rays of the sun danced across the horizon. But his mind was really on a woman with long raven locks.

`At least she is back to normal again. That's all that matters.'

His ear flicked back. No. No. No. He didn't hear what he thought he heard. It was the day's stress catching up with him. Yeah that was it. When he turned around there was going to be a little woodland creature that ventured to far from the forest.

"Why?"

He growled lowly out of frustration. For once couldn't his pretend fantasy come true! Hadn't he left her in bed? What the hell was she doing out here?

"I thought I told you to get some rest."

The word alone made her want to rub her eyes and yawn. She had not planned on hiking all the way out there but she had to know. Sleep would only be granted until after she knew.

"Why?"

"Because you are tired."

She willed her half working brain to function. There was no way she was going to settle for his smartass comments right now.

"Sango told me what happened. Why?"

He jumped down from the bows of his tree and leaned against the trunk with his hand motioning her over. The woman hesitated. She knew he want her sit in his lap. But he was so comfortable she might fall asleep before he answered her. But if she didn't come he definitely wouldn't answer her.

Against her better judgment she sat between his legs but sat hunched forward.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You didn't need anymore stress."

"But you were right and I was wrong. Hours after I said I didn't need you I got hurt."

"So. That important thing is that you're fine now. I won't let this happen again." He reached out and pulled her to spoon against him. "Now go to sleep."

He felt so good and she felt so safe right now.

"I told you I'm not sleepy.", she lied. "What did I make you promise?"

A few moments passed before he spoke.

"That I wouldn't leave you."

"Will you? I mean you don't have to keep it if you don't want to." She suppressed a yawn.

"I already told you I would keep my word. Now stop being stubborn and go to sleep."

"I'm not-"

"Yes you are."

"No I'm n…"

Her eyes drifted shut as her breathing became even. InuYasha pulled her closer and leaned his head on the trunk of tree. As he looked up at the now twinkling heavens and he whispered softly with a small smile.

"Yes you are."

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Well there you are folks! InuYasha/Kagome goodness in which you ordered has been served. I know they weren't as fluffy as Miroku but we are talking about Miroku's women skills vs. InuYasha's women skills. So what else could you expect? Not that he was very in character here…Anyway I'm rambling.

Now back to the story at hand…Just so you know, I'm starting school now but I will still be writing. No putting this story on hold.

But I'm working with my sweet Bankotsu to give you all a little treat. I've asked him to do the Koga/InuYasha fight scene. So we are trying to get together to complete that for you. I know I have been skimping on the fight scenes and that's not fair to you guys.

And as soon as we finish it I'll post it. I'm also trying to tweak some of the parts so that the new InuYasha/Kagome chapter mesh. If some parts seem a little off then it's not you, it's me. Don't hesitate to tell me and I'll try my best to fix it.

~*~*~*~*~

Now answer to the reviews:

InusDemoness - You are 2 for 2! Keep this up and I might have to give you some kind of award! And I know InuYasha fighting Sesshomaru was dumb but the are just being brotherly. *hugs back* Thank you! I'm happy to be back. Being foggy brained really sucks when normally one, such as myself, has a smart little mouth. *sighs* My sweetie got way to much pay back.

kitkat2919 - All the opinions of my reviewers mean a lot to me. I'm honored you think so highly of me though I'm not sure if I deserve it. I will try my best to keep the quality standard of my writing high. I'm also happy we have the small view on how chapters should be. Short and crappy is the worst type of spam. (I consider it in the category of flaming.)

Lady Orion - I'm happy you liked my story thus far. And thank you for you tips. I'll have to go back and look over the confusing points. I kinda took to lazy way out and said they weren't paying attention to their parents when they were discussing their intended. It would have been to confusing to switch their names in addition to their identity.

And you remember Miroku didn't really grab Kagome. He was innocently trying to catch her but his hands are still perversely cursed.

Sorry there wasn't a big rescue scene but you still got the cute moments to make up for it. That's still go right? And I haven't forgotten your story. I just can't find the disk I saved the betaed copy on…I'm looking, honestly! (Damn I feel like Kagome losing the scrolls. lol)

rachelll - Wow you gave me a 10 for grammar and spelling. Thanks, I know I don't deserve it but thanks! I'll say it like I said to Mike. I do it on purpose. I'm sorry if it is confusing. I can't help myself. I have been doing it less. (never mind that I started this chapter out that way to…yeah…) But I'm glad you liked my story and you reviewed seconds before I posted this so you got your update really soon! Yea!