InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ InuYasha vs. Koga: The Final Battle (Part 1) ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter took so long. But I'm sure you guys wanted quality writing. I have a lot of class work going on right now and I am going to the gym after my classes finish. (You know trying to get that body in shape and keep it that way!) So there is no telling when I'll pump out the next chapter. But I'd like to thank everyone that has stuck with me through it all. You are wonderful and I will keep writing for you!

Now on to this lovely chapter. I don't know about you but I keep seeing boxing gloves smashing together as "Koga vs. InuYasha" falls in front of it. Yeah I know to much WWE and boxing for me. Oh well.

By right this chapter is dedicated to Ginta. I have been using her InuYasha AMVs as inspiration to help put me in the writing mood even when I wasn't. This chapter as well as 16 and some scenes of 15 would not have been possible without her unknown contribution. (If I can get her to post them I'll give you the links. Yes they are good!)

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 17

"Rin isn't coming to dinner again?" InuYasha sniffed to see if his brother had left his sister-in-law sore and sleeping again. "You better take it easy. An old timer like yourself might get hurt."

Just as his Highness was about to ask how would a virgin know about the physical endurance needed for such intimate actions he heard a scolding voice.

"InuYasha!"

"What?"

The demon king had grown used to his evening amusement. It was nice to have that girl around to reprimand his annoying brother. It was one less thing he had to worry about and was a great source of entertainment.

Gone was the quiet and proper girl that had first come to eat with them at his request. She was now replaced with a firm tongued woman. At first she had accidentally publicly scolded him but after she realized that she was not going to get in trouble and that if she didn't stop him when he started that it would last all through the meal, she spoke up.

It was sad that a mere human girl held such power over him but he would miss her when she left. Maybe Sango would bring her back when she visited Miroku. Seeing as he spent more time here than in his kingdom.

"We are at the table."

"I was just showing concern."

Kagome glared at him then turned to Sesshomaru.

"Please forgive him, he didn't mean it."

"Yes I did."

"InuYasha, that's your brother."

"And?"

The two continued to argue as the toad entered the hall.

"My King."

"Can you not see I'm eating Jaken?"

"Yes-"

"This had better be worth interrupting me or I'll have you tortured."

His body quivered at the thought of some of the unspeakable tortures that awaited him if he didn't see this as a worth while message. He began whispering.

"The Queen sent me. She said that your son is crying for you and one of the servants informed me that she ate everything that you requested but she refused to eat the vegetables. She said that it was nature's poison and that if you wanted her to eat it you were going to have to stuff it down her throat yourself. And she is still requesting sweet rolls even though she was given the fruit."

Sesshomaru closed his eyes and put a hand on the bridge of his nose.

`Why is it she could only seem to be a good little bitch when he was watching her?'

In a low tone, "Don't tell her I'm coming. It will only make her think when she acts like a brat I'll come. Tell Kikyo to check on the baby incase Rin needs a break."

"Right away, my King."

He toddled off to carry out his orders.

~*~*~*~*~

She sat on the balcony only her thoughts to keep her company since Kikyo had taken little inu for a while. She just didn't know what to do. She had tried being obedient, whiny, even bratty and still she got no rise out of him.

Well maybe that wasn't exactly true. No one else could tell but her performances as of late were ticking him off. She could see it in his eyes. She had gotten her wish. He was coming there more than he had before but only to fuss at her.

The Queen sighed.

So this was what her marriage had been reduced to. Acting out so that she could get a daily glimpse of her Sesshy's beautiful face. Maybe once he left her out of this hellhole wing she'd get her hands on some more of that extract. She'd have to water it down though. The last one worked a little to well.

The demoness rubbed her thigh at the memory.

He had worn her out that night and then once they woke back up that morning he had taken her again. She was completely exhausted. When she woke up she knew breakfast was only halfway over but her left leg was so cramped there was no way she would make it there in time.

The chamber maid had helped her to the dining hall doors, she insisted on going in alone though. Couldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing she he had tuckered her out. And then she managed to trick him into carrying her back.

A smirk graced her face. Ah, yes. What a sneaky little bitch she'd been.

She was brought back from her musings when she heard the door creek.

`Funny. I thought Kikyo closed the door on her way out.'

When she turned around to check there was a blinding light.

~*~*~*~*~

Kikyo yawned as she walked back to her room.

`Why in the world had he moved her to the east wing?'

It felt like an eternity had passed before she reached the servant quarters. The sudden flash of silver was enough to make the drowsiness temporarily fade away. Sesshomaru had better not tell her to come watch the baby so they could be alone. They had already had four nights in a row last week. She needed her sleep to. Lately it seemed like she just wasn't getting enough.

"InuYasha? What are you doing here?"

"I was uh coming to see you."

That puzzled her.

"What could you possibly want from me? It's the dead of the night you know."

"I know. I just…umm…I mean…I wanted you to make sure that my favorite robes were cleaned and brought to me. I was thinking of wearing them tomorrow."

"And you want me to do it now?"

"Yes. Why else would I come all the way down here."

Kikyo groaned and turned to complete the task she was just given while InuYasha pretended to leave. When she was a safe distance away he went to the door and tested the knob before slipping through it.

~*~*~*~*~

She was so beautiful. It was no wonder he couldn't sleep. He wanted…no…needed to see her. He spent so much time with her during the day but it was always out in the open for people to see. Ever since they had regained their true identities she had told him it wasn't proper for them to be in each other's rooms. He knew it was partly the Bitch's fault, barging in on them after he had told her to go away.

Ever since then it never felt the same. Like he was sharing. He didn't like. If given the opportunity he would still try to get her to his room. It wasn't that he wanted to do anything with her. But it was strange having those private moments with her and now having them taken away.

So far the closest he had gotten was taking her back to his room when she was "sick".

Now here he was in her room watching her while she slept. Later he was going to have to have a talk with her about locking the door before she went to sleep. It was just like he remembered when he saw her in his bed. The first new moon he ever slept during she had been there. She was the one that caused it.

He wasn't quite sure what she had done. Not that it mattered. He had felt so peaceful. What he wouldn't give to feel like that all the time.

Damn Miroku for putting these thoughts in his mind!

Sure he had those thoughts way before Miroku had asked him. But it wasn't until when he spoke with him that he had expressed them in actual words. Thinking them was one thing but hearing it said out loud was another thing.

`Damn Miroku!'

~*~*~*~*~

She sighed as the warm lips brushed and nipped at the back of her neck making the darkness disperse. It felt so good. The hands were stroking the sides of her body…wait when did she get in the bed?

She sat up quickly checking her location.

She was still imprisoned in that stupid room but she was indeed in the bed. Looking down she saw her mate stretched out beside where she had been lying. When did he come in? Why was he…kissing on her shoulders?

"S-Sesshy? You're not mad at me?"

He began massaging her breast through her dress…….

"Of course I'm mad."

"Then," She held in a gasp, "why are you-"

"You have been giving me a lot of stress as of late and now you are going to help me work it off."

He began to use a claw to split the front of her dress.

"Sesshy I happened to like this dress."

"I hated this dress. Too many buttons. I'll buy you a better one."

"Can't I have this one remade?"

"No."

He pushed her back down on the bed. Obviously he was done talking. Well that was just to bad. He was always putting business before pleasure and right now she was in the mood to bargain.

Placing a finger against his lips she stilled his kisses.

"Now Sesshy I'll be more than happy to help you work off your stress but...." She trailed off and looked away.

"But?"

She could hear the impatience in his voice. Good.

"I have a favor to ask of you."

Sighing heavily Sesshomaru sat up. Obviously his mate was up to something. He'd humor her for a bit. If she got ticked off then he'd have to put effort into getting her back in the mood, something that he didn't feel like doing at the moment.

Turning to look at him again, "You will stop ignoring me." Rin placed a hand up to stop the response she knew was coming. "Yes you have. I mean ME. Not little inu. Not me and little inu. Just me." She crossed her arms a pouted deeply. "You stuck me here all alone and you don't care that I'm by myself. I love our son to pieces but his not much for conversation." She huffed. "Maybe the next time I feel lonely I should just ask one of the guards to keep me compa-"

"WHAT?!"

"Nothing..."

She squeaked before shrinking into the pillow, realizing her ranting had gone to far. The Queen bit her stupid tongue how dare it form such words...He was not going to be happy about this...

"Rin." He said it so sternly. Couldn't he go back to how loving he was just a few seconds ago? "You think for one minute that I'd let you-"

"No! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it." Laying her head on his chest she continued to groveled "I was just rambling. I'm all yours." She pressed her body as close as she could to his to emphasize her point.

The desired affect was achieved when the appeased demon stopped his involuntary tensing.

"Was that it?"

She released a deep breath. He had forgiven her.

Nodding and stroking his collarbone, "Yes. I miss you. And you don't come as often as you said you would. I really am lonely out here."

"Wait what about our son? Kikyo will be back any minute."

"She is already gone. I told Jaken to stay with him until I can back."

`That poor baby. He doesn't take to Jaken very well. Maybe I should stop this.'

The King was already planning ahead.

"I'll make this one quick."

She tossed her head when she felt his hands tunneling under her dress…….

`Really hope he doesn't remember to be quick about it.'

~*~*~*~*~

`I'm in heaven.' She thought.

She couldn't remember the last time she had slept this good. When Kagome cracked open an eye she was greeted with set of honey-gold ones looking back at her. It didn't take long for her to place them but for the life of her she couldn't remember how she had gotten to where she was. She was in the bed and he was crouching near her.

"Inu-"

He held up a finger signaling her to be quiet.

He knew what he had done was wrong but he just wanted to see what it would be like to see her get up in the morning. And the expression on her face, knowing that he would be the first thing she saw.

It was priceless. That was going to be listed as a plus on the pro/con list of the thoughts Miroku had planted in his head.

After a few minutes she tried again.

"InuYasha, how…how did I get here?"

"I brought you here." He inwardly prepared for the yelling.

The confused girl frowned up her face. "But why?"

That definitely didn't qualify as yelling. Not that she hadn't said it in a harsh tone...but still.

"I just wanted to look at you."

She opened her mouth then shut it. Kagome had known him long enough to know that was one of the sweetest things he could ever say.

`How the hell am I suppose to be mad at him now? And when did I start cussing? Is this the effect of being around him to long?' She rubbed an eye to distract herself. `Now I'm talking to myself. This is going to be one of those days.'

"That's sweet InuYasha but I have to get ready so I can help Sango get ready. And I would have preferred if you not see me like this."

She gestured at the bed ragged braid and slightly ruffled gown.

"I don't care about that."

"Well I do." The servant meekly tested the coldness of the floor and stood up. "I'll see you at breakfast." She was in the middle of walking away when he caught her hand.

"No."

"What?"

"No. What does the Bitch need you for? She can dress her own ass."

"It's my job."

"Stay with me."

"I can't."

"Stay with me."

The gaze he was giving her, it was the same one he had when she was sick. He looked so sincere. Like he really needed her. She sighed and sat back down on the bed. For the first time since she was appointed Sango's lady in waiting she missed getting her ready. Hopefully Sango wouldn't get too pissed.

~*~*~*~*~

"Sango? Sango?"

A sleepy grumble and yawn was her reply.

"Sango? Are you in there?"

`Was that Miroku? Why was he at her door at this time in the morning? She might have to put up with him in the morning after they were married but he had no right to disturb her now.'

She pulled a pillow over her head in hope it would drown him out. If she ignored him he would go away. Yeah, right…

"Sango? Aren't you coming to breakfast? Hello?"

She shot up.

"Breakfast!" She turned to look at the now brightly shining sun peaking through the curtains. `No, it can't be. Where is Kagome? Why didn't she wake me up?'

The princess had bad habit of over sleeping and today was no exception. Now she was running late. How was she supposed to spar with Miroku and meet with the King all before lunch? There was no way she could do that now without skipping breakfast. And after her last conference with the King she was not going to meet him tired and hungry.

`Guess there will be no lesson today.'

After over a week of trying to get her to take it easy she chooses today to relax! She was going to kill Kagome.

~*~*~*~*~

He reflected back on this morning. It had been just like before…minus the story. Which he still was not happy about, but he wouldn't get into an argument over that. Not after what happen the last time they argued.

A soft knock interrupted his thoughts.

Funny he still had a while before he met Kagome. Maybe she had found the scroll already and didn't feel like waiting.

"InuYasha."

`Kikyo?'

He got up to get the door.

"What are you doing here?"

"I need a reason now? I remembered a time when we used to just talk. Which we haven't done lately."

"You're right. Come on. Just nothing about your late night sessions with Naraku, I don't want nightmares."

~*~*~*~*~

She went through the mental check list of places she had already searched. There was only one place left.

`He must be in his room again. But he was supposed to be in the garden.'

It's not that she was mad or anything. Just worried. InuYasha not showing up to hear a story was unheard of. There were times he had bumped up their meetings or made her read that one more paragraph. And now to miss it, whatever he was doing must have been important.

When Kagome raised her hand to knock on the door it opened. And she was greeted with the sight of Kikyo exiting with him not to far behind, both laughing at something. They had frozen smiles upon seeing her.

Kikyo's was out of surprise that someone was there. InuYasha's was brought on because an innocent situation now looked like a tryst of lovers.

"Hello Kagome. We were just leaving. But I guess now that you are here I'll be leaving. Alone."

Every muscle in his body went stiff.

`What the hell? Had Kikyo known what she had just done? What she had just said? What it implied?'

The long haired woman walked off as if she had said nothing of importance.

`Teach him to bother me in the middle of the night for no good reason.' She almost chuckled.

The hanyou could have sworn her he saw Kagome's nostrils flare. He began a backward retreat for each step she advanced.

She then slammed the door behind her without looking away from her target.

`How the hell do I get out of this one?'

~*~*~*~*~

Sango bit her lip. This was going to be the first time she ever had to do anything this big. It wasn't like before when she was doing disguised begging. This was an actual negotiation. She just hoped for the life of her she didn't screw it up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm just a little nervous."

"Well apparently you did something to make Sesshomaru believe you could handle it."

"I did?"

"Don't you remember what he said the other day?"

"Well yes but I was under the impression he was being polite."

He snorted. "His highness being polite to a human he deems unworthy. That will be the day."

"So he thinks I'm worthy?" Her confidence began to rise.

"Yeah, considering he made such a bold statement in front of a guest. I do believe Ayame is still categorized as a guest. And then there is the fact that he made me…"

Miroku bit his tongue. He had almost said how he was commanded to restore their engagement. She wasn't supposed to know that. He would have asked her. Eventually. The request just meant there was a deadline.

"What did he make you do?"

"Um, nothing.", he lied though his teeth.

She didn't seem to notice.

"Wait! Is that the reason he told Kagome to eat with us? Did she do something to-"

"I really don't know. But it does make sense." He stopped and looked from the door to her. "You ready?"

After exhaling and biting her bottom lip a few more times she nodded.

"It will be okay. You'll see. You can just back up whatever I say if you start to get nervous."

~*~*~*~*~

Wait…No…something was wrong. She was positive that when she had entered the room she was angry. Yes. That she was sure of. But something had gone wrong.

He was supposed to be saying he was sorry. She was supposed to be yelling at the top of her lungs.

Instead he had her pinned to the couch and was sucking the air from her lungs. This was bad. It was bad right? A proper lady such as herself should not be alone in a bedroom with a man that she wasn't at the very least intended to, Sango had given her this lecture many times now.

But they had kissed before. Kissing was okay. Kissing was good. She let out a moan which he promptly swallowed.

`A little to good.'

How did she always find herself in these types of situations with him? Not that it wasn't pleasurable. No. It was far from that.

He brought one of the hands that had been imprisoning her with to her face and ever so softly cradled the cheek while his tongue made its own journey from his mouth to hers. Every ounce of her skin warmed up. She could feel it getting hotter. She had to get control over her body.

InuYasha used then his hand to tilt her head up resulting in a deep kiss. Kagome seemed to give up her doomed battle and encircled her arms around his neck. They had still yet to stop for air when he completely straddled her.

Knock! Knock!

At first the sound had gone unheard to her but the sound was now echoing the impatience of the person on the other side.

`Nooo….I mean yes. I mean…I think I mean yes…'

InuYasha on the other hand was not undecided on how he felt about the interruption. She felt him vibrate with what she could have sworn were extremely angry growls.

He looked from her to the door. "WHAT!"

"Open up you free loader."

The rage in him flared. "Jaken you tell me what the hell you want now!"

"You were supposed to be in the meeting for renegotiations ten minutes ago! King Sesshomaru sent me to fetch you. Now let's get going."

`Jaken sure does have some fucked up timing.'

"Go." She had said it so softly he wasn't sure she had actually said anything until he looked back down at her. "Go." She repeated just as quietly as before. "I don't want you to get in trouble because of me."

He looked at her for a moment before shifting his gaze to the door.

"Fine you gave me the message. What the hell are you waiting for? I know my way."

"Why you ungrateful…!"

The rest of the sentence could not be heard because the little toad was now to far away.

Slowly he detached himself from Kagome.

It wasn't until he reached the door that she spoke.

"InuYasha?" He turned. "Don't think this will happen again."

She was damn right it would happen again! Next time he was not going to get interrupted.

"I found the scroll like I promised."

"We'll skip lunch so you can read it. Be at the tree."

She nodded and dropped back on the couch with a sigh. InuYasha was driving her completely insane. And no matter how many times she would deny it or fuss at him she inwardly knew that for some strange reason she liked it.

~*~*~*~*~

"No. I'm sorry Sesshomaru-sama but that is not a good deal for us. We'll wave all toll fees and your men may have all they need from our castle while they are there. I can throw in the discount that all palace workers get from the merchants but", she slammed her fist, "we shall not let you have half our profits."

"Without our protection there would be no markets."

"Yes, but you have agreed to protect Fantasia and when we marry Mayan will become part of Fantasia."

Sesshomaru inwardly smirked. She had said exactly what he wanted her to say. She was good but she still had a lot to learn.

"And when such a time occurs I will be. But until then I owe you nothing."

Sango narrowed her eyes. "I read your agreement with Fantasia. You must help the kingdom as well as their territories. Once I agreed to the proposal Mayan became a territory of Fantasia."

Miroku simply gawked. His kitten became a tiger once negotiations began. Was this how she had gained Sesshomaru's favor because she defiantly had his. He was under the impression that she would back him up but he hadn't uttered a word. The moment Sango heard his revised agreement she had been set off.

Miroku shook his head, remembering that he was not supposed to be a spectator.

"The original arrangement was only for 43% anyway." He smiled at himself. He had done his share of research, too.

"So what is another 7%?"

"There will be two kingdoms living off half of what one thriving one was. Just barely living if at all. You don't need it"

"She's right. You don't need it. Your kingdom is doing exceptionally well already. Anything you gain will be more than enough."

"And how do you think this kingdom got that way? I need something to fall back on incase any sudden complications occurred."

"Yes well unlike my foolish father I am in not bending over backwards to please you. He was in a rush to have you accept the terms. I'm not. In order to survive we would have to raise taxes. Which I refuse to do! Some of the people can narrowly afford them now. And I will not be responsible for making the innocent suffer. You will get 35%. You push me and I'll lower it to 25%."

The King was about to retort when an unhappy hanyou entered the room. And judging by the smell of things he had been interrupted doing something "physically" important.

"You were supposed to be here half an hour ago."

"Yeah well I'm here now." He slouched into a chair with his arms folded.

"You are to be on time to all economic discussions. I figured you could sit in on this one to see how something of this nature should be properly handled."

"I don't mean to cut off your speech but can we get back to the negotiations. I have already proven you have no choice in whether or not you feel like protecting us. You have to."

~*~*~*~*~

Ayame didn't try to hide her distaste. He was doing it again. Going on about Kagome.

Was he so dumb not to realize what was already painfully obvious? That "his woman" cared for him as much as she cared for her…None at all. Why was Koga always fawning over her anyway? She wasn't any different from any other human girl.

`What he should have been focusing on was me. I'm the one that nurses his behind back to health when he gets into battle. I'm the one that slaves to cook for him and makes sure he eats right. I'm the one that tidies his bedding and keeps his space clean. I have all the duties of mate and no perks.'

She sighed.

She will never be his. Not that Ayame would let it happen anyway, but still…

The now depressed wolf girl had tried to convince Hakaku and Ginta of this so they might drill the information into Koga's head. But they didn't listen. She was a woman and should have expected no less. The only woman any of those bone heads listened to was Kagome.

Words from a woman didn't mean anything unless they were from that prissy, smelly, wimpy, fat hipped, man stealin-

"So which do you think is better?"

Darn, she hadn't been listening. "Uhh…The first one?"

"Okay then, it's been decided."

The wolf lord stood up and walked away purposefully.

What had she told him to do? She couldn't ask. Then he'd know she hadn't been listening. She'd better go with him to ensure she didn't just tell him to do something stupid.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Okay here's the deal. Due to certain circumstances my living InuYasha doll won't be able to finish the fighting scenes so….you the readers have a choice. Either you want the rest of this chapter without the fighting scenes (because it is complete save the action part. The next chapter…still writing it) I'll just tweak the scenes a bit to give you an idea of what happened. Or I can hold the chapter and let my fabulous beta sis, Yora', finish it. (She does have school and a life so I won't rush her to finish. Quality takes time.)

If you (the readers) choose not to review and vote then (like the last presidential election) I shall do whatever the heck I please and you'll have to deal with it. Hm, maybe I should have inserted some evil laughter here…*sighs* Don't mind my babble my life isn't exactly stress free right now. So bear with my rambling.

Answer to the reviews-

First I'd like to thank all my reviewers! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

InusDemoness - Of course he is going to go through with the plan. This goes much deeper than just giving the woman he loves the world. You'll see….And you weren't the only one that felt like she needed to be held after the end scene. It was bad enough writing it and trying to revise too.

Rezol - I am most honored to be your first review. I hope to see more of them in the future. Reviews are the life blood of stories.

(All this is subject to be changed. I'm not completely focused right now.)