InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ InuYasha vs. Koga: The Final Battle (Part 2) ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

A/N: First off I'd like to send a special thanks to VeRoN and InusDemoness for voting. And I have decided that I will post this chapter without the fighting and just update it with the fighting later. You poor dears have waited long enough.

 

Secondly, I am still working on the next chapter. Evil finals are here and each time I finish one I feel compelled to write a bit more. Although some of it was writing for a story that no one has yet to see…hint hint….Now I will babble later. You read and I'll continue to talking after the chapter.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

InuYasha smiled. Watching his brother get verbally sliced by someone just inches taller than Rin had been worth it. Not that he wanted to leave Kagome. But she was supposed to meet him under his tree. If she knew what was good for her she wouldn't lose the rest of the story again. Maybe he should forget the story all together and finish what they started earlier…

 

He walked to his room. He had sometime before he had to leave. He sank into the sheets devouring the heavenly softness and silky smooth feeling. Then he inhaled. Kagome had been in his bed that very morning. Once again he would have that feeling of coming to bed to her every night.

 

He could deal with that. As of lately, he had thought endlessly about what Miroku asked him. It made sense. Why not? He found the woman he loved. Or more like they had taken the places of their friends in attempts to sabotage their arrangement and it had slightly back fired. And he might just be feeling the after effects of "playing" a suitor.

 

But that wasn't the point. Right?

 

He rubbed his temples. That was enough thinking for today. Having Kagome stroke his ears would help.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

"Where is he? He said he'd come after his meeting."

 

A small gurgle was her reply.

 

"I agree to. If he is going to stick us in the least used part of the castle it would be nice if he kept his word. Now what are we going to do until he decides to grace us with his presence?"

 

The little one began knocking and rubbing his head against her chest indicating he wanted to eat.

 

"You can not be hungry again. I just fed you not to long ago."

 

She sat down and undid her clothes so that she could breast feed. While in the middle of his meal there was a knock.

 

 

`Darn it. That's not Sesshy.'

 

"Don't come in!"

 

The door swung open and Jaken got an eyeful. The royal woman proceeded to scream in soprano.

 

It was a great tragedy for the green demon because Sesshomaru was on his way and the piercing screams of his mate made him sprint the rest of the distance.

 

When he got there Jaken was dodging random objects being thrown at him and Rin had a pillow to her chest, the top half of her dress pooling around her waist. The baby seemed to be a little sadistic, finding it amusing that someone was being hurt. And was making gurgle-like giggles from his upright position on the pillows at the head of the bed.

 

Rage slipped into the King's voice as he spoke.

 

"Someone had better explain why my wife is not fully dressed."

 

"Sesshy!" She ran to him letting the pillow fall. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her trying to shield her half naked form. "It was awful!"

 

He laid his head on the top of hers and tried to find out what happened.

 

"What was awful?"

 

She sniffed a few times before answering. "I was feeding our son and waiting for you."

 

"Okay."

 

"And then I heard a knock and I knew it wasn't you." She started to tremble.

 

"Go ahead. Whatever it is I'll remedy the situation."

 

"I told him not to come in…", She started sobbing.

 

Sesshomaru turn his eyes on the unconscious toad. Things were not going to be pleasant for him.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Kagome was walking through the door to go back to the tree. InuYasha was waiting for her.

 

She promised to read him the last chapter if he would take her on another forest run. And she was late. She knew the quick tempered prince would be mad at her for making him wait.

 

She stepped out into the sunshine and blinked waiting for her eyes to adjust. But before that could happen she was grab and pulled into a strong embrace. Kagome couldn't see but she had a clue as to who was holding her when fur tickled her nose.

 

"Koga?"

 

He gave her one last squeeze. "I have come to take you, my mate.", the canine exclaimed proudly.

 

"Huh?"

 

He lost some spunk at her lack of enthusiasm. "You don't remember? You said you could never leave Sango because there was no one to care for her. Since she is getting married, taking care of her won't be your job anymore. That will be his duty."

 

Kagome gaped. When did she say that? It must have been one of the times she tried to nicely brush him off. She sighed. She was just going to have to be very blunt to him. Dropping hints just didn't seem to be working.

 

"Koga, I'm not sure how to tell you this" It was going to kill her to see the hurt in his eyes. "but I can't go with you. I want to stay here with InuYasha."

 

Koga's face twisted. Then a new emotion appeared on his face. "Dog breath made you say that didn't he? I'll show him he can't control you. "

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

InuYasha was lazing in his tree when he heard fast footsteps.

 

`She better be hurrying. Keeping me waiting.'

 

"What did you do to her?"

 

That wasn't Kagome's voice.

 

"Don't ignore me you bastard! Get down here and tell me what you did to Kagome!"

 

"Kagome?" He was on the ground in seconds. "You stay away from her!"

 

"What did you some kind of evil magic or something?"

 

"Magic? What are you talking about?"

 

"You're right that requires brains and skill. I want to know what you did to my woman mutt-face! She is spouting nonsense."

 

"Nonsense?" His temper died for a moment. `Hadn't all the herbs gone out of her system? Was she having a relapse? Kikyo said she'd be fine.'

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

`Darn! Why did Koga have to be so stubborn and fast?'

 

Kagome was breathing hard. She wasn't sure what she would find when she got there but on thing was certain, she had to stop Koga. He was going to start another fight with InuYasha. And if Koga pissed him off she wasn't going to be there to save him like last time.

 

"Don't act like you don't know! She…"

 

Both men turned upon hearing her.

 

"I'm sorry. I wasn't going to…" She kneeled from exhaustion and tried to catch her breath. "…I promise."

 

"It's okay." The both said, then growled at each other. "She was talking to me! Stop that!"

 

"I…Inu…Yasha." He walked over to help her up and she used last of her regained breath to say, "Please don't fight. I wasn't going to go with him, I promise. I was trying to get him to leave."

 

`He was trying to take her! That asshole. But she just asked me not to fight.'

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

By now he had carried out Jaken's sentence, as for the Queen he worked hard to repaired the sobbing creature back to her bubbly self. Now that his work was done the unhappy thoughts that had been plaguing him were back.

 

Sesshomaru frowned deep in thought. Rin crawled on to the bed behind him and ran her hands down his chest. He couldn't be unhappy. What was making her Sesshy so upset? Maybe she shouldn't have teased him into the last round.

 

"What is the matter Sesshy?" He shook his head. She would try again. If he made no move to answer her it meant that he didn't want to talk about it and she would leave it at that. "Please? It will make you feel better."

He sighed. "I think InuYasha inherited the curse from our father."

 

This threw her for a loop.

 

"Curse? You never said anything about a curse."

 

"Yes, curse. I don't like to think about it. Father always had a thing for human females. He married my mother out of obligation. His mistress was human too."

 

His mated cooed over him trying to comfort him.

 

"I'm sure he grew to love her. I know he was proud of you."

 

"The more I see him with that girl the more I think about when father brought that woman home. She was a lovely person inside and out but…he never looked at my mother like that. And now my little brother is in the same trap, fawning over a human."

 

"I thought you liked that she kept him busy. He hasn't gotten into any trouble."

 

The King smirked. "It is very amusing to watch them together. And she does keep him out of mischief."

 

She kissed at his neck happy that he was more relaxed now.

 

"So then what was making you sad earlier?"

 

"I was hoping he would marry a princess and leave from here. However his wedding this girl means he is never leaving."

 

The Queen smiled against his skin. `Was that all?'

 

A small giggle escaped her.

 

"Sesshy! He isn't that bad. You'll see I bet we have no more problems with him."

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

"I'm only going to say this once Koga. Leave now and don't bother me or Kagome anymore."

 

"I can promise I'll leave but not without Kagome. She is free to be my mate now and I'm taking her with me." He held out a hand. "Come on Kagome we're leaving dog shit."

 

She didn't move. She just stared at him in awe.

 

`Hadn't heard a word she said? She told him that she wanted to stay where she was. That those "terms" had been empty hope, a fat lie. What was wrong with him? Were his ears broken?'

 

"Fleas for brains, what did I just tell you!" He pushed Kagome behind him "Get out of my sight. NOW!"

 

With a strong gust of wind InuYasha found himself on the ground and Kagome in Koga's arms.

 

"Kagome I'm not sure what wanna be K-9 did to you but I'll figure out how to fix it. I should have never let you stay here."

 

"Why you…", he grumbled in a menacing growl, clenching a fist.

 

The wolf leader continued to ignore the prince as the she-wolf joined them.

 

"You could have waited for me to catch up Koga. I smelled the most horrible things while trying to sniff you out." She caught sight of the tramp that her love was obsessed with and mumbled to herself. "And there is the foulest stench of them all."

 

The lord frowned and asked her to repeat what he missed. "What was that?"

 

"Um, I said she looks like she is about to fall. I think you should let her go before she gets hurt."

 

The tone of the last sentence made Kagome wonder if it was Koga or Ayame she need to worry about.

 

"Here." He pushed the lady in waiting toward her. "Make sure nothing happens to her." He looked at his love. "You'll be safe with Ayame. I have to go teach mutt boy to keep his hands off of things that aren't his."

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

She grimaced as InuYasha was hit with a steady steam of punches.

 

`What was wrong with him? It's like he wasn't even trying!'

 

She knew darn well that he could have blocked that and a few other of Koga's attacks. What was that idiot doing? Trying to get himself killed.

 

"That's the way Koga! Show that lap dog what a real inu can do!"

 

Kagome turned a shocked glare on the she-wolf.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"I'm being what you're not, supportive." She answered with her arms cross eyes focused on the battle. "He maybe be fighting for the wrong reasons but that doesn't mean I want him to lose."

 

"You…You…Don't be an air head! Don't you see! InuYasha is not fighting back. He is randomly blocking!"

 

At least those long hot hours watching Sango train were good for something. Ayame's pride at Koga's "winning" seemed to fizzle.

 

"You're lying! He's just weak."

 

"Weak! He wasn't the one pinned to a tree last time! The only reason Koga's face wasn't smashed in was because I saved him. Where was your support then?"

 

It looked as if InuYasha and Koga weren't going to be the only one's fighting.

 

"I was going to stop them! Once I saw I came running. You don't even want-Why do you care?" She changed the sentence quickly hoping Koga hadn't over heard.

 

Kagome had begun to ignore her now. `Why won't he fight back?'

 

Koga was to enraged to care or notice that this fight was one sided.

 

"InuYasha!"

 

"Hey I'm talking to you! Koga might not let me harm you but I will not be ignored."

 

"InuYasha please fight back!"

 

The half demon twisted to avoid another high kick. `Damn it woman make up your fucking mind! First you say you don't want me to fight now she tells me to fight back. Wish she had said that earlier though.'

 

Ayame was fuming. She had had just about all she could take from this fat hipped hussy. She pushed the charcoaled haired woman hard enough to roll a few feet away.

 

"Ayame! What are you doing?"

 

Both men were frozen in place with would-be-punches hanging in the air.

 

"I-What I mean to say is…" She couldn't figure out what to say. After all the nights of dreaming how she wanted to punch the little wimpy human in the face and throttle the life from her, that one little shove had felt really good. She refused to apologize for it. The look he was giving her though…

 

Like she had just shattered his world, some priceless possession that was forbidden to touch…

 

What had she done wrong? She was only supporting him and defending herself.

 

"I told you to protect her. I trusted you."

 

He was looking at her with such betrayal and hate. Her eyes began to water.

 

`How could the man she loved look at HER like THAT? Did he not realize everything she had sacrificed for him! She lost her temper. One slip up! Wasn't she allowed just one?! He gave that prissy pest all the forgiveness his heart could muster and he wasn't going to forgive her after all she had done for him?'

 

"When I finish with the puppy you better not still be here. I don't want to see your face. I have no room for people I can't trust in my pack."

 

It was barely a whisper at first. "Koga you baka." She tried and failed to hold back the tears. "Don't you see? She isn't the one for you. She doesn't understand you." Closing her eyes tightly, fists at her sides she yell the words she had been dying to tell him but knew it would hurt him the most. "She doesn't even want to be with you!"

 

"Shut up! You don't know what you are talking about. I'll show you. I'll show all of you!"

 

He snarled and began fighting InuYasha with renewed rage.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Both InuYasha and Koga landed strong kicks in each other's guts. Neither had time to cover up the pain of their double whammy as they sailed backwards. Koga landed near InuYasha's tree and InuYasha landed several feet away.

 

The wolf lord looked up from his place on the ground just in time to see Kagome running toward him. His loved was worried. How touching. Surely she didn't think he had anything more than superficial wounds but it was still nice to get petted up by her. She was so soft and caring.

 

With a small smile he waited for his nurse to come tend to him.

 

Whoosh!

 

She rushed right by him her eyes fixed on something behind him.

 

`What else would she be looking at? What was more important than him? The only thing back there was mutt-face. She wouldn't…'

 

He turned to her kneeling over his immortal rival. Her eyes welding with tears as she looked him over for serious injuries. Why was she worried him? He was here fighting to bring her home and the first thing she did was run to his opponent.

 

Then he saw something that he wished he hadn't. His heart clenched with pain.

 

Not only had she not spared him a single glance but the way she was looking at InuYasha…She had never looked at him like that. Why hadn't he seen it? When did it happen? She really had fallen for the prince.

 

It just wasn't fair. He had claimed her. She was supposed to be his!

 

The wolf girl pulled out her out reached hand back several times before shakily placing it on her love's forearm.

 

Taking it as a good sign he didn't slap her hand away she helped him sit up.

 

"Koga, can we go home now? Everything will be fine. You'll see" Weakly smiling, "I'll take care of everything. You won't have to worry about the pack, I will make certain they don't disturb you."

 

He was disgusted with himself. He had fucked up all around. The throbbing pain deep inside was beginning to choke him.

 

He wasn't sure whether to be hurt that he had been fighting over a woman that didn't want him or feel like an asshole to because the woman he had just cast off was still by his side.

 

He had a lot of thinking to do.

 

Ayame wiped away her tears and helped him stand.

 

"Come on let's go home. Please?" She encouraged. "I'll even make Ginta and Hakaku fetch some of that blood wine you love so much. I can prepare the hot spring for you," They were walking away now, "and when you are done I'll bandage you up."

 

He nodded still deep in thought.

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

She was almost scared to touch him. He was panting so hard and he had taken so many hits, she wasn't sure where it was safe to touch. Finally deciding that his face was probably the best choice since she could see it all, she reached out a shaky hand to cup his cheek.

 

"InuYasha?"

 

Kagome waited silently for him to acknowledge her. Why wouldn't he open his eyes?

 

"Damn woman, your more trouble than you worth."

 

Her heart skipped a beat. Even though he was insulting her she was happy to get a response out of him.

 

"Can you sit up?"

 

"Fucking magnet for chaos, that's what you are." He mumbled out while straining to sit up.

 

"Are you sure you're okay?"

 

He looked at for the first time since he started complaining about her as if she wasn't there.

 

"What do you mean am I okay? You think that I'd let that wimpy wolf get the best of me? I could finish him off if I felt like it." He hissed when she placed a hand on his shoulder blade to support him. "By the way, consider that a favor for you that I didn't."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Huh?"

 

She wiped a few tears away while answering, "I didn't know you'd take me seriously. About not fighting Koga I mean. And now you're hurt. I'm sorry."

 

"What did I just tell you? I'm fine. He weakened me enough for him to be a challenge is all."

 

She nodded solemnly. She had tried her best not to cry. She knew it made him uncomfortable but a few tears leaked out anyway.

 

"Let's get you cleaned up."

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

A/N: Well folks I hope the non-action didn't hurt the chapter. But you can see why I was so iffy about putting this up with no action. It just doesn't feel complete without the fight scenes. I will be posting another selection of stories to read while waiting for mine since everyone liked it.

 

As I stated in my profile I consider myself to a high standard InuYasha Fan Fic Critic. I try to pick the cream of the crop but you know everyone has their bad picks.

 

~*~

 

Answer to the reviews:

 

VeRoN - You see what Koga was planning now? And just think Ayame "helped" him come to that decision. And why wouldn't your story be one of my picks? It is a fabulous story with a great plot. And I'm happy you approve of the summary.

 

Inusdemoness - Now about Ayame. I made her a fiery pistol but when it comes to Koga she is a cuddly kitten. Why? There are women like that and I was trying not to make the girls the same. I don't like it when everyone's personalities run together. So eventhough they may have some of the same ideas I try to make big differences between them.

 

And thank you for being so understanding about the writer's block. It's so evil….

 

 

DBZ Lover - Yes kissing the girl to mush is always a way I'd love to be shut up.

 

ShippoGene - I am so happy you read A Bus Stop Fairy Tale! It is a great story but it is over looked because she posted it all at once so it didn't stay in the rotation long.

 

lovin_sesshomaru_isnteasy - I can understand about the story being on hold. It happens to the best of us. I am honored to know that you are even reading my story to know that your name was there.