InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Unleased ❯ Silence over Death ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Silence over Death

"What a pretty morning!" A young girl said, as she looked out her parent's bedroom window.

"Rin, don't stand on the chair. I don't want you to fall." Her mother yelled.

Rin smiled at her mother and ran into the dinning room. Rin was an amazingly beautiful girl with sparkling light brown eyes. Even though she was 6 years old, her brown skin and brownish red hair made her look like a mature young women. However, she was far from it.

"Momma, later can we go out into the woods and look at flowers?" Rin asked.

"Sure! We can pick some for the vase in the family room." Her mother smiled, setting food on the table.

When the two finished with their lunch, Rin grabbed her flower basket and ran outside. "Momma, look at that flower! It's so pretty! Do you think daddy would like it?" Rin asked, picking it.

"Yes, I think he would like it a lot." Her mother smiled, picking her daughter a few sunflowers.

"What do you think you are doing?" A deep voice yelled.

The two girls jumped with fear and turned to see a tall man smirking at them.

"Daddy, you scared mommy." Rin laughed, jumping into his arms.

"I wasn't the only one who was scared." Her mother smiled, kissing her husband on the lips.

"How long have we been gone?" Mrs. Koji asked.

"Not too long. Why don't we go home?" Mr. Koji said, putting his daughter down.

They all agreed and began walking back to their house. About 10 feet away from their house, Mr. Koji stopped them.

"What's wrong dear?"

"The door is open. I closed it before I left to find you. Who in their right mind would break in at this time of day?" He whispered, pushing Rin behind her mother. "Stay here."

He walked into the house, looking around at every corner. He walked from the kitchen to the dinning room and from the bedrooms to the bathroom.

When he came to the family room a 5 foot beast stared at him. It was all black, had bloodshot eyes, claws that looked liked nails, and pointed teeth.

Mr. Koji backed away, but the beast jumped on top of him. Its teeth dug into the man's skin, making the him scream in horror.

"Daddy!" Rin yelled, running into the house.

"Rin! No!" Her mother yelled, chasing after her.

Rin didn't even have to get to the room to see what happened. The monster stood in front of her, blood covering its face. Tears rolled from Rin's eyes as she began to scream. Rin's mother walked in and let out a horrifying scream and picked Rin up. She ran back into the forest, but the beast caught up to them in seconds.

"Rin, run as far away from here as you can. Don't look back! I'll come find you later." Her mother promised, putting Rin down.

Rin began running and her mother turned towards the beast when she was sure Rin was gone. The beast didn't waste any time and bounced on the woman. Its fangs dug into her skin and the woman held back a scream.

"Your daughter is watching you die." It the monster whispered.

Mrs. Toji painfully turned her head and saw Rin standing there. Tears filled the young child's eyes as she watched shocked.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Her mother yelled, as the beast silenced her.

Rin turned and ran as she heard the last screams from her mother.