InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi Unleased ❯ New Home ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: New Home

"RIN? RIN? WHERE ARE YOU?" Sesshoumaru yelled, looking around the castle.

"Jaken!" Sesshoumaru yelled, when he saw the little frog sitting down. "DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO FIND HER?"

"I couldn't find her, Lord Sesshoumaru! I can no longer smell the girl in the castle. You may not be able to smell it because you have the senses of a human." Jaken panicked.

Sesshoumaru looked at him in disbelief and walked up to Rin's room. "Rin, Where are you? Come out!" Sesshoumaru yelled, feeling something wet on his face.

He rubbed his hand cross it and gasped. //Tears? Why am I crying? Do I really care for her this much?// Sesshoumaru thought, walking over to Rin's bed. He looked down at it and saw a little paper sitting on it. He picked it up and began reading it.



Dear Sesshoumaru-Sama,

You might be wondering where I am right now. I'm a little surprised I decided to leave you. Why? It's because I have the feeling you don't' want me around. I thought you would change and maybe even love me. I guess I was wrong. I don't know, maybe I was mistaken my feelings for you. Anyway, I'm going somewhere far away and I'm sure you won't come looking for me. Hey, think of this as an easy way to get away from me. Well, this is good-bye... forever.

Love you always,

Rin

"She cared about me?" Sesshoumaru whispered, falling onto Rin's bed.

He stood up and walked towards her window. "RIN, COME BACK!" Sesshoumaru yelled.

He sat back down and ran his fingers through his hair. "What have I done? I have to find her."

~~~~~ (Now 2 Rin) ~~~~~

Rin continued walking for hours before she stumbled upon a little town. She'd only gone 2 feet to the entrance when a young boy ran over to her.

"Hello, I'm Kohaku," The boy smiled, looking at Rin with eagerness.

"Oh, Hello," Rin smiled nervously.

"You must be tired, please come with me." Kohaku ordered taking her arm.

Rin looked in complete shock, "Excuse me?" She pulled her arm out his hold and gave him a frightened look.

"Don't worry, I don't intend on hurting you." The boy smiled.

Rin gave him another look, "I don't' have anywhere else to go?" She thought as she smiled at the boy. "If I don't like this place, I'll leave."

The boy grabbed her hand again and pulled her into the village. As soon as Rin entered the village, people immediately started to whisper.

"This isn't a good idea," Rin whispered, "I don't blend well with villages."

"Just come on, these people are very kind. They're only surprised because I'm usually not seen with females."

Rin blushed, "Are you with males most of the time?"

Kohaku gave her an odd look, "No, I didn't mean it like that."

Rin chuckled and Kohaku turned a bright shade of red. When Rin looked at her surroundings and gasped. They were headed for a little shrine on top of a flowery hill. Rin looked around amazed and studied the view. She saw the homes of the people in the village and over a dozen fields with plants. When she looked farther out she was able to see a group of trees circling around a waterfall.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Kohaku asked, watching the view beside her.

"Yes, it's very wonderful." Rin whispered, staring at it as if it was a dream.

"So, what's your name?" Kohaku finally asked.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Rin." Rin smiled, bowing to him.

"Rin? What a nice name. Is there a nice last name to go with that?"

"Well, I don't remember my last name." Rin mumbled, looking at the ground.

"I see, well... let's go and eat," Kohaku said, not giving it another thought.

Rin followed him as they entered the shrine. They entered a large room filled with silver dishes and pictures of different warriors and monsters.

"Do you have a family?" Rin asked, as he signaled her to sit down.

Rin felt a little guilty eating the boy's food, but she didn't want to be rude and refuse him. She thought if she started a little conversation, things would be less tense for her.

"No, I'm all alone. Does that bother you?" he asked filling her plate with food.

"Not at all, it's just odd you have all of this and you didn't have any help getting it? I was also alone when I was little and I had to steal to survive," Rin said, remembering the terrible times of her past.

"What happened to your family?" Kohaku asked, moving closer to her.

"They were killed by a demon. It almost killed me, except..." Rin stopped.

"Except what?" Kohaku asked.

"I was saved by a man. He took care of me since I was 7 years old. He was like a father or an older brother. But, it began to turn into something more and well... now I'm here." Rin said, giving a weak smile.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you now. I won't let anything happen to you. Even if we just meet, I think you and I will become really good friends." Kohaku smiled.

"Thank you, Kohaku-sama." Rin smiled.

"Sama? You can call me -Chan. Sama is too formal." Kohaku laughed as Rin blushed.