InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Soft ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
 
Chapter Six:
 
Even though Inuyasha was on the other side of the building, he still heard it. Jakotsu. He would recognize that screeching anywhere.
 
Awe hell no…
 
“Kagomeeeeeee!” He heard it again. Without thinking, he rushed down the hall to see if he was really hearing right. Inuyasha wished he was just going crazy. That Jakotsu was not really here at the station and that Inuyasha just needed therapy…either way he would need it.
 
The man turned the corner. Not smart. Cause, indeed, the bastard was here. And apparently he knew Kagome. Of course he would know Kagome, you thick headed asshole, his mind was insulting him again, he's Bankotsu's brother and they're friend's.
 
Jakotsu spotted him.
 
“Inuyasha!” he let go of Kagome, who was now breathing heavy from that enormous huge she had just been given. Inuyasha backed away. “My, I haven't seen you in forever. Still as handsome as ever, I see.” Inuyasha looked like one of the people in a horror movie just before they're chopped up. “Come here so I can show you what you've been missing out on.”
 
Before Jakotsu could take a step, Inuyasha was gone.
 
And while Jakotsu started his chase, everyone was still getting over what he had just said, “Come here so I can show you what you've been missing out on.” Yeah, the gang all knew Jakotsu was gay, but that was just wrong. Inuyasha was as straight as they got so the thought of him and Jakotsu…ugh. It gave them shivers in disturbance.
 
That is…except for Kagome. She was hysterical. She was going to start rolling over on the floor if she didn't sit down soon.
 
“Kagome?” Miroku was starting to since she had something to do with this.
 
The girl was still trying to pull herself together when she tried to answer. She was right when she thought this was going to be good. This was better than good. This was going to keep her in a good mood for weeks.
“Yeah?” She was wiping away tears from her eyes when she finally answered him.
 
“What did you do?”
 
She just shook her head if to say `Nothing'. They all obviously knew otherwise.
 
Bankotsu expected this, so it wasn't exactly funny at first. But seeing Kagome so hysterical was starting to get to him. He started to laugh. This caused everyone's eyes to turn to him.
 
“What did she do?” Sesshomaru asked this time.
 
Bankotsu hesitated before answering. Kagome laughed even louder. “She asked me to bring him to the station to get back at the coward running around the building.” He pointed down the hall with his thumb.
 
WHAT!!!” Apparently Inuyasha was close enough to hear this.
 
This caused Kagome's laugher to settle down a bit. Inuyasha was in her face within seconds. He was enraged.
 
“You mean to tell me that you brought him here?” Inuyasha tried with every fiber of his being not to yell. He was able to lose Jakotsu for a second and he wasn't going to get loud for the guy to find him.
 
Kagome bit her lip to keep from laughing in his face. She was barley able keep it down to a giggle. “What? You didn't think I was just trying to scare you yesterday did you?”
 
Inuyasha's jaw dropped. “That…is low. Even for you.”
 
“I have a little brother Inuyasha. That, right there, should tell you something.” She crossed her arms. By now she was able to contain herself. It would just be every now and then that a giggle would escape from her throat.
 
“Inuyasha! There you are!” Jaktosu was behind Inuyasha now.
 
The silver-haired man ran into the office across the room and locked it. This made everyone laugh. Even Sesshomaru was entertained by this.
 
It wasn't every day you got to see a grown man run in fear of his friend's younger brother.
 
~*~
 
It took a total of 3 hours to get Jakotsu to leave Inuyasha alone. By the time he was able to leave the room he had been hiding in, it was one in the afternoon. Right now the only thing he wanted to do was get revenge. The only thing that was keeping him from doing it was the fear that she'd come back with something 10 times worst.
 
Look at me. I'm afraid of my own partner. This is ridiculous; I'm turning into a girl for crying out loud.
 
For the rest of the day he gave the girl the silent treatment; which was fine with her because she was enjoying the silence she hadn't had since she started to work here. It was nice.
 
Although she couldn't help but feel a just little guilty for all the humiliation she must had put him through, the feeling didn't last long. He deserved what he had coming to him.
 
Inuyasha watched his partner intently as the clock crept closer to five. He couldn't understand it. At first he wanted to do something to her. Revenge or something. But now, he didn't even seem to care. He felt the way he normally did…well, sort a. He seemed to be in a better mood, but what he couldn't get out of his mind was Kagome.
 
During the time Inuyasha was being chased around the place, all he could hear was Kagome's laugh. Yeah, he knew she was laughing at him but it didn't matter. He would've never admitted it but…he was starting to get soft. If this was 2 weeks ago he would've found some old high school ex of hers or rigged a door. You know…something really childish.
 
Nobody was talking. It kind of made some of them uneasy. It wasn't because none of them were talking. It was because Inuyasha and Kagome weren't going at each others throats. They weren't use to that.
 
Sango noticed Inuyasha starring at the raven-haired girl. The expression on his face was confusing. She couldn't determine if he was devising a plan for revenge or if he was starting to realize he actually liked her in some way. She knew he did. Even though Kagome was a pain in his ass and he…a pain in hers, they both liked something about the other, even though they were too stubborn to admit it.
 
“Inuyasha, what chya lookin at?” Sango broke the silence.
 
And her question made his face turn a little red. “Oh uh…nothing. I wasn't lookin at anything. It was nothing…”
 
This caused Kagome to look up from what she was doing. The man sounded as if he was caught doing something. Sango just looked at him as if to say `pathetic'…
 
Author's Note:
 
Ok just let me say that I'm REALLY sorry I'm just now updating. I had some personal issues to work out and those just lead to more issues and by the time I finally got to sit back and relax I completely forgot about the story. BUT, school's out for the next three months (TIME 2 PARTY) so the time periods between updates shouldn't be as long. Except for the times I'll be out of town.
 
Now back to what else I was going say: Sorry the chapter is so short. This computer sucks right now so I can only be on for so long before it starts to delete what I've written. I've typed this chapter THREE times now. It's amazing this thing isn't imbedded into the wall by now…
 
I know…excuses, excuses. =S