InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Coffee ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Chapter Seven:
 
“Souta!” The boy turned to see Kisa run across the school parking lot. He immediately smiled. “Hey! Didn't see you at your locker.” Once she was in reaching distance, Kisa wrapped her arm around his waist. Souta put his arm around her shoulders. They began to walk home.
 
She hesitated in responding to that. “Yeah…I got held up.”
 
He didn't leave this unnoticed. “Kisa, what—“
 
“Kisa!” the teens both turned to see who called her, even though she already knew who it was. She groaned. That kid was going to start another fight with Souta again. “Where'd you disappear to?” He made it sound as if she was doing something disloyal to Souta with him.
 
The kid was Souta's height and bulky. He carried a smirk that made Souta want to rip his face off. He was surprised at this. Souta was usually not a violent kid.
 
“Go away, Kyoto.” She simply demanded as she tried to pull Souta with her down the sidewalk.
 
“Kisa, I thought I told you, you deserve better than this loser.” He taunted.
 
“Why don't you go back to the dump you crawled out of? She already told you, she's not interested.” Souta was already pissed to no end. Not because the boy had insulted him but because he'd been practically harassing Kisa whenever he could during school. Now he was chasing her outside of it and it always upsetting her.
 
“Why you little…” Kyoto trailed off as he swung his fist in Souta's direction.
 
He dodged it and threw himself into the kid's stomach.
 
“Souta stop it! Ky! Leave him alone!” Kisa hopelessly pleaded.
 
~*~
 
“Alright! Who took the last fucking cup of coffee?” Inuyasha yelled from the corner. Kagome looked at her mug. Oops…she tried to hide her smile as she carefully slid the cup under the desk, keeping a hold of it.
 
Sesshomaru and Miroku saw this. The face she was making was hilarious. Miroku tried to hide his smile as well. Sesshomaru just turned around all together.
 
“What it is?” Rin and Kilala both asked. They were confused.
 
That's when Inuyasha noticed his two friends covering their faces behind Kagome, who was looking down at her clear-of-papers desk, sheepishly.
 
“Oh, come on Inuyasha. It's three in the afternoon. Why do you need coffee?” When she looked up, Kagome saw Inuyasha glaring at her.
 
“Why do you need coffee?” he snapped.
 
“Because I'm weird like that.” She took a sip from her mug, “Just make another pot.”
 
“I don't want to make another pot. Why don't you make it? You're the one who finished it off.”
 
“I'm not the one whose making a big deal out of the fact that I finished the coffee off. I don't want another cup of coffee.” The look she gave him dared him to start another fight. “Besides, it's bad for you.” Everyone who was there and listening stared at her. “What? I'm not the one who eats that toxic stuff you call fast food everyday. I can afford a cup of coffee every now and then.” She took another sip.
 
“She's got a point there, Inuyasha.” Shippo smiled.
“Shut up.” He snapped as he went to sit at his desk across from his coffee sealing partner.
 
“You did it on purpose.” He mumbled.
“No I didn't.”
“Yes you did.”
“Inuyasha…”
“Bitch…”
“Hey!”
“What? I'd think you'd be use to it by now, bitch.”
“You know, for a 25 year old you sure do act a lot like a four year old!”
“Hey!”
“You are the most immature asshole I've ever met! My 15 year old brother is more mature than you!”
 
“Yeah, well if he lives with you then I can see why the poor boy is then. I'm sure he has no choice.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to say something when a tap on her shoulder interrupted her. “Kagome?” the man she had met on her first day up front by the doors of the building was behind her.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“There's a kid we brought in, claiming he knows you.” He pointed towards the benches by the door. Kagome looked to see her brother holding an ice pack to his forehead.
 
“What? Why did you bring him in?” She immediately stood up with a worried look on her face.
 
“Apparently, he got in a fight with a kid who was harassing his girlfriend…according to him.”
 
She headed for the boy. “Souta? Oh god, what did you do?” She pulled the ice pack from his forehead to see a bad, swollen cut.
 
“It's nothing.” But he winced when Kagome touched it.
 
~*~
 
“Is that her brother?” Sango asked while the gang all stared after her. The second she heard he was here she completely went into mother mode. It wasn't expected.
 
“Yeah…boy that kid's grown.” Bankotsu stared at his friends. The last time he'd seen him Souta was short and didn't know how to get into a fight. Everybody loved that kid.
 
“Are you ok?” they barely heard her ask.
“Yeah…” they read the boy's lips.
“Good,” She hit him the arm. “Ow!” That time they heard him.
“Don't scare me like that again! What are you crazy? You could've really gotten hurt!”
“You mean like now!” He held his arm.
 
This made her smile. Kagome sat next to him and sighed. “You're an idiot, you know that?”
 
“The guy was going too far! All day he'd been following Kisa around. It was starting to upset her. And he was the one who started the fight…” he trailed off when he saw his sister starring off into space. She was listening to him, he knew that, but she was probably trying to picture it. “How long am I grounded for?”
 
He had the ice pack back on his head as he looked at his feet. “Who said you were grounded?”
Souta looked up at her. “What?”
“Just don't get into another fight. Ok?”
“Seriously?”
“Yes, Souta.” She nudged playfully. “Did you give him that piece of your mind you've been longing to give him?”
He laughed, “You bet I did!”
She laughed at his sudden excitement. Boys…
 
Inuyasha watched intently to the whole conversation. He wasn't too far from them to not be able to hear them. This was not the Kagome he had been working with for the last month. She was…nice. And he had to admit…pretty cool for a sister who had to raise her own brother, he thought. She actually asked if he won the fight or not. She was like a kid herself just then. Not too much, but definitely enough to make Inuyasha think…again.
 
“Where's Kisa?”
 
“At home, she's mad at me, I think.” Souta answered sheepishly.
 
“Well I would be too if I was her.”
 
“Hey bud!” They both looked up to see Bankotsu walking up to them. He figured they were done talking about how much trouble Souta was in when the boy smiled and got all excited.
 
“Hey!” Souta stood up and they did that hand shake/ hug/ greeting that all males do.
 
“How's it goin' kid? Damn, how tall are you?” He was a little taller than Kagome's 5'7.
 
Souta had a smug look on his face. “5'10”
 
“Souta, you should really get home to clean that off.” She pointed to his forehead, “It's gonna get infected.”
 
“Yeah, ok. Hey! Bankotsu you should come over for dinner or something.”
 
“If it's fine with you're sister.” They both looked at Kagome with puppy eyes. Those two were had also been friends as long as Kagome and he were. And Souta looked up to the family friend. So naturally they wanted to hang out.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and sighed. “Fine…”
 
Author's Note: ok, I know it's not much but there really wasn't anything else needed for this chapter. The story just kept telling me this chapter was done whenever I tried to write more. But I'm working on chapter 8 as I write so hopefully nothing will come up and I'll get it posted as soon as possible!