InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Old Memories ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Chapter Eight:
 
“Found `em!” Bankotsu pulled a large box, Souta had yet to unpack, out of his room. They had been looking for the tapes Souta had made of everyone when they were all kids for an hour now. The boy had enough stuff to pass for a girl. Even though most of it were video tapes.
 
“Bring them over here.” Souta demanded by the TV.
 
“Guys don't be making a mess in there.” Kagome complained as she pulled out a the chicken she was getting ready to beat. “I just finished unpacking everything for the living room. I really don't feel like cleaning it up already.”
 
“Stop acting like an adult, Kagome.” Bankotsu pulled the box open. “It's not like we're at the station.”
 
“Bankotsu…you know it's funny you say that,” she began beating the piece of poultry. “Considering it's seems like I always have to be the adult around here.” The strength going into the chicken heightened. “Because some people are too immature, inconsiderate, overconfident…” the frustration in her voice became thicker. “…self-absorbed, and have way to big of an ego to realize that he's 25 years old and needs to grow up!” By now the chicken was almost in shreds and the guys sitting on the floor were just starring at her intensly.
 
“I'm beginning to see that you have some unresolved anger you need to let out, Kagome.” Souta stated.
 
“Yeah…you know maybe you just put the food in the oven…” Bankotsu took it and put in the pan she planned on using along with noodles and potatoes in the oven.
 
Kagome smiled sheepishly and sat down on the couch. Ok, so Inuyasha was constantly on her mind. It wasn't like she fantasizing about him. He was the biggest jerk she'd ever met! And yeah, he made her angry, so what?
 
“Hey, I think I found a good one.” Souta pulled out a video tape that had a dates that said when it was filmed. He put it in the VCR.
 
“Oh god no…” Kagome hid her face behind her hands. The tape began with her and Bankotsu lip sinking to one of the corniest songs ever made. She remembered that night. The three of them had way too much sugar and didn't really know how stupid they looked. And considering the fact that Bankotsu was lip sinking to a female singer…it was pretty bad.
 
“Oh my god…” Bankotsu shook his head as if to say `Were we morons or were we morons?'
 
“Turn that off Souta. Fast forward, switch tapes, do something to get that off the screen.” She pleaded.
 
“No, I've completely forgotten about this! Oh, Kisa's gotta see this.” He was laughing too hard; it made it hard for him to be understandable.
 
“No!” The cops yelled in unison.
 
~*~
 
SMACK!!!
 
“Keep your hands off me!” Sango yelled at the lecher.
 
Miroku was being especially friendly today. He was able to sneak up Kagome earlier that day and this was the third time today he groped Sango.
 
You'd think she would learn her lesson to keep an eye out for him by then but…who knew.
 
“Miroku, that's really starting to get old,” Sesshomaru informed.
 
“Who said I was trying to be funny?” He asked with a sour tone while rubbing his head. “I can't help it.”
 
“Sure you can't.” Kagome grumbled. She was still in a mad mood from earlier. Inuyasha kept teasing her about it throughout the day.
 
“I don't see why you're so upset. I mean any other guy whose met you, I'm sure, have gone running in the other direction.”
 
“Oh would you save your breath!” she was irritated, “you'd think after awhile you would get bored taunting me.” She paused, “But then again, if you actually had a life outside of work I'm sure you wouldn't be wasting you're time on me in the first place.”
 
He didn't know what to say to that.
 
“Umm, Kagome?” the man from the front desk interrupted. “You have a visitor.”
 
Immediately she thought it was Souta again. Who else could it be? “What? Why is he—“ she stopped herself when saw it was…and it wasn't Souta. “Shit.” She whispered.
 
Inuyasha looked at where she was looking at. A man stood by the desk and seemed to be waiting for something. He didn't know him.
 
“Bankotsu?” Kagome said quietly. Her eyes never left him. “Please tell me that isn't…”
 
He looked to see Hojo. Her friend looked back at her. “How did he find out you were back?”
 
“I don't know. I swear, the guy is in the FBI or something. He called me last year too.”
 
“What the hell is going on?” Miroku asked. He was just as confused as everyone else.
 
“Who is that?” Shippo asked.
 
“Hmm?” Kagome whipped her head to face, “oh, uh, no one. No one at all.” She started to gather her things, and hurried to Bankotsu. “If he shows up on my door step, I'm jumping off a bridge.” She hissed.
 
When Kagome turned to leave out the back way, the man spotted her. “Kagome?”
 
She immediately halted and stiffened. Dammit… She plastered a smile on her face and turned to face Hojo. “Hojo! HI!”
 
“Hey Kagome!” He engulfed her in a hug. She cried inside.
 
This guy could not take a hint. Throughout high school he had asked her out almost every Friday and every time she was busy, something came up, or she just turned him down. It was three years after they graduated and he was still stalking her. What did she have to do? Spell it out for him? The only problem with that was that he was a nice guy, she just didn't have the heart to tell him.
 
That was beginning to wear off.
 
Everyone in the room all saw the `HELP ME' sign plastered across her face. Her expression said it all.
 
They all looked at each other with the expression that asked `What the hell?' Who was this guy? And was he acting like they were old time friends when Kagome clearly acted otherwise.
 
Not to mention the guy was weird. He was full of smiles and laughter and happiness. Way too much happy for anyone.
 
He was annoying Sango to no end. Nobody is that friendly. She tried to think of a way to get Kagome out of there. She knew what it was like to have someone practically stalking her and poor Kagome seemed like she wanted to shoot herself.
 
Inuyasha was infuriated. And he had no idea why. So what if the bastard was hugging Kagome and asking her all sorts of questions that only someone like a boyfriend would ask his girl after she returned from a trip? So what if just looking at them made the cop want to rip his arms off? Inuyasha shook his head as if it would clear his head. He needed to get a hold of himself. He was getting jealous. JEALOUS!!!! This was his partner we was getting upset over. The partner that had brought the one person he feared to the station. The partner that pissed him off with the simplest things. The partner that always got the best of him. Why was he mad because she was being hugged by another guy?
 
`Because she's beautiful, responsible, kind, and not to mention feisty…' Grant it she wasn't always those things when it came to him but he saw her with her with Bankotsu and her brother. Not to mention she was good at her job… `Get a hold of yourself!' He yelled at himself.
 
“We should have dinner or something!” Hojo exclaimed.
 
Kagome's eyes widened but made a nice save before it was obvious that was the last thing she wanted, “Oh…yeah! We should…” she laughed halfheartedly.
 
“How about sometime this week?”
 
“Oh…uh…well I don't know maybe we could—“
 
“She can't,” Inuyasha attracted the rooms attention to himself, great… “She's gotta big case she's got to work on. She'll be with me all week.” He lied.
 
Kagome looked at the group. They all had the same surprise on their faces. What was he doing? Was he…was he actually trying to help her?
 
She had no idea why he was doing this but she decided to play along. “Oh yeah…I can't believe I forgot. Yeah, our boss just landed a big one on us and we're gonna have to pull a lot of all-nighters.”
 
Hojo's face fell slightly. “Oh ok then. Well I should let you get back to it.” He looked at his watch, “Yeah, my lunch break is almost over, so I should head back too.” He, unexpectedly, pecked Kagome on the cheek.
 
This made her tense up. Inuyasha flared.
 
“I guess I'll see you later.”
 
“Mmk, bye.” She was able to hold back the sigh of relief for a second longer.
 
Once he was out of sight she let it out and plopped back into her chair. “I swear to god—you'd think the guy would take a hint!” she told Bankotsu. That's when she turned to Inuyasha.
 
“What?” he acted as if he hadn't said a thing in the pass 10 minutes.
 
She was hesitant. “I can't believe I'm going to sat this but…” she looked him in the face “Thanks.”
 
Miroku came up between the two and bent down so his face was level with their's. “Oh my god…Kagome just said thank you to Inuyasha.” He was teasing them, “The world must be coming to an end!”
 
Kagome picked up a small pile of papers and hit him on the head with it. “Shut up…”
 
Inuyasha's eyes never left her face. I'm in serious shit…
 
Author's Note: Hey guys, hope you like it so far! For those of you who are reviewing, thanks a lot. I really appreciate them and the positive feed back is really pumping me up. I've been writing stories since I knew how to write (you should see my room. It's full of notebooks of stories I've written) and now that I'm finally getting some of them out there it feels really good to see that people are enjoying what my crazy imagination can come up with! Keep sending reviews and chapter nine is on the way! =D