InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Match Maker ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Chapter Nine:
 
“Come on…please.” Kisa pleaded.
 
“No.” Souta was being stubborn.
 
It was Friday and he and Kisa were going watch movies all night. The only problem was they each wanted to watch something completely different from the movie the other picked out.
 
“Awe, Souta, it's a really good movie. Please, for me?”
 
“Kisa, I am not going to watch a chick flick.” He held up his choice. “What about 13 Ghosts?”
 
She gave him a look of disgust, “Ew, no. That is the sickest movie I've ever watched. The makers that actually thought you're supposed to keep your lunch down when that guy gets sliced in half are crazy.” The boy rolled his eyes. “And the Titanic is not a chick flick. It's a historical event that we should all be well education of.”
 
The two heard the door shut. “Hey guys.” Kagome greeted quietly as she dropped her coat and keys on the dinner table.
 
“Hey.” They greeted in unison.
 
“Have you guys eaten?”
 
“Yeah, the rest of the pizza's on the counter.” Souta informed. He seemed to remember something, “Oh yeah, before I forget, Kisa and I planned on going that fair that's going on down the road tomorrow night…if it's ok with you. We might be out till late.”
 
“There's a fair going on?” Kagome didn't remember seeing a fair.
 
“Yeah…it's been there all week now.” He eyed her. How could she not see it? She's driven by it every day this week. “Well, can we go?”
 
“My parents are fine with it.” Kisa added.
 
“Umm, yeah, sure…that's fine.” She was totally out of it.
 
“Are…you ok?” Souta looked at Kisa as if she knew what was wrong with her. She shrugged.
 
“Yeah I'm fine. Just tried is all.” She shook it off. “I'm just going to go to bed.”
 
“O…k…” the teenagers watched her walk to bedroom before returning to there previous conversation. “I say we watch this.” He held the horror movie.
 
“Titanic.”
 
“No.
 
Kisa decided to go another way, “OK, it's either Titanic,” she held up the movie, “Or…Hot Chicks.” She switched cases.
 
“Titanic it is then.”
 
~*~
 
“What?” Kagome mumbled into the phone. It was 11 in the morning and she was still in bed. When she looked at the clock it surprised her.
 
“Are you still sleeping?”
 
“What do you want Bankotsu?” She was already getting annoyed.
 
“A bunch of us are getting together at my place tonight. You want come over?”
 
“You had to call me now?”
 
“Well, to tell you the truth, I thought you would be up by now.” He seemed offended by her tone.
 
She sighed. “Who's all going to be there?”
 
“Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha, Rin, Sesshomaru…you know…just about everyone.”
 
“Fine…”
 
“Great, um, eight o clock.”
 
“Ok, bye.” She hung up before he could say anything else.
 
~*~
 
“Ok, I'm here.” Kagome stated when the door opened.
 
“Hey. Come on in. Is Souta at home?” Bankotsu wondered.
 
“No, he's down at the fair with Kisa.”
 
“Miroku!” Sango screamed.
 
“Yes, my love?” He still had his hand on her butt.
 
SLAP!!! “Keep your hands off me!”
 
Even though a red mark covered the side of his face, he was still smiling. “Why, Sango, you didn't seem to feel that way just last night…”
 
Her faces became beat red in a matter of seconds. She looked around to see if anyone was listening to them.
 
All eyes were on them.
 
It made Kagome smile along with everyone else.
 
“Why is it that you're always horny when we're around people?” She hissed at the man next to her.
 
“I can't help when my body calls for you.”
 
“Oh shut up.”
 
“Dude, that's just wrong.” Inuyasha stated.
 
“You're just jealous because you have no girl to go home to.” Miroku accused.
 
Bankotsu slapped him upside the head, “Don't start with him.”
 
“Keh.” Inuyasha slumped into his chair.
 
“You know, now that I think about it…Kagome, you're not dating anyone are you?” Rin suddenly asked.
 
Kagome eyed her, “No…I'm not. Why?”
 
She shrugged, “No reason.” Rin was trying to make a point. Yeah, the two were always fighting but…hey, opposites attract don't they? And she and Sango had been noticing Inuyasha starring at her a few times, not to mention his save the other day. I mean, since when did he ever do anything nice for anyone? They personally thought it was because he was getting upset that Hojo was hitting on his partner.
 
“Rin…” Sesshomaru knew she was up to something. Especially when she tried to sneak a look at Sango.
 
“What?” She said innocently.
 
“What are you up to?” This time Kagome asked. If she was trying to do what she thought Rin was trying to do she was going hit something.
 
Inuyasha saw it to.
 
“Very subtle Rin.” Sesshomaru sarcasm was easily shown.
 
“I just asked Kagome if she was dating anyone! Geez! Can't I ask a simple question without an interrogation?” Her overreaction clarified his suspicions.
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome who was looking at him. Neither of them were glaring just…thinking about Rin's unspoken suggestion.
 
No…it's not possible, we have nothing in common…Kagome thought. She didn't even know why she was even thinking about it. It was ridiculous.
 
Yeah right, like I would ever…even if I wanted to she wouldn't…Inuyasha fought with himself. The both of them turned away before anyone could notice.
 
His phone rang. “Hello?” The caller ID said it was Toutousai.
 
“I hope you're not in the middle of something cause you gotta crime scene you have to get to.”
 
Author's Note: o_O looks like the party was cut short. Chapter 10 is on the way! Hope you liked it!