InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ Unfair ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters in the Inuyasha cast. In this story, Kisa is not the Kisa from Fruits Basket. I'm just using the name. But the story line in this story is all my idea, to anyone who may make or have made any similar stories is by coincidence.
 
Author's Note: Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry! I would've had this up sooner but since school started, I have been beyond busy! I've been in school for a week and a half and I already a have a paper due here soon. Not to mention, I have a ton of after school activities that I have to take care of as well! And I'm also sorry if there are a lot of typos in this chapter too. I've been trying to get this one done but I've been so busy and I don't have time, at the moment, to read it over. I hoped you like it and I will try my best to get the next chapter out ASAP! Review!
 
Chapter Twenty:
 
Kagome couldn't believe she was still standing. Did she even have her legs still? She didn't know for they had gone numb.
 
She couldn't believe it. Was she seeing right? Was this the person who killed her little brother? Who took all those pictures? Who attacked Kisa?
 
No. It couldn't be.
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha asked stiffly through his teeth. “Do you know this guy?”
 
She didn't answer. It made sense, though. Her brother's murder was personal. And obviously it had to be someone she had come across , at least, one point in her life. Not to mention, a large cut colored his right arm in blood and a large bruise colored his right cheek, where Souta had bunched him.
 
It was him. The proof stared her right in the face…literally.
 
The man's smirk shrank into a mocking frown. “You haven't told him about me? I'm hurt, precious.” His voice was full of sarcasm.
 
As he said this he brought his left hand up to his chest, as if to hold his `broken' heart. Inuyasha had his gun pointed at the man before his hand made it to its destination.
 
“Ah, ah,” one second his left hand was on his chest, the next it held a gun, pointed at the cops. “I wouldn't do that if I were you.”
 
“Koga…” It was all she could say.
 
Koga. Her ex. The one guy she had so much as loved for such a long time is now pointing a gun at them with her brother's life on his hands. She didn't understand. What could she have possibly done to deserve this? Yes, she had broken it off between them but still. What did she do?
 
Answer: Nothing. She did nothing. It was simple really. He was sick. Sick in the head.
 
Once he was sure that Inuyasha wasn't going to move, his cold eyes shifted to Kagome. “So how does it feel, Kagome?” he hissed, “How does it feel to have someone you've loved for so long just ripped away from you?”
 
Inuyasha was beginning to understand. This had to be the guy she was telling him about a while ago. He had heard her very clearly when she said his name. Kagome's eyes widened even further surprised that it was even possible, as she realized why he was doing this. It was because she had left him…
 
Koga suddenly laughed. It set shivers down her spine. “It was easier than I thought it would be.” He continued to eye her, watching her every breath, every emotion running in and out of her eyes. But his smile disappeared. “Do you have any idea how long it took me to get over you? I figured moving away from here it would be easier. But when I got off that plan in America, it only proved my hopes useless. An entire year, I spent there, doing nothing.” He paused, “So I changed my name and came back here. After I realized you weren't something that faded with time I realized that you needed to pay. Punished for what you did to me!” His voice became louder as he continued.
 
Inuyasha attempted to, somehow, stop the man's shaking hand firmly a hold of his gun. “Koga, just put the gun down and -“
 
“Shut up!” Koga yelled before Inuyasha could finish. Pure hatred rang in his eyes as he forced himself to look at him. “You…how dare you try to take her from me!” His gun was still on him. “I should just kill you now -“
 
“Koga!” Kagome managed to get out. It worked, he lost his focus. He wasn't going to shoot Inuyasha…yet.
 
His face relaxed, “You…were very hard to find, Kagome, at first. But I found you, nonetheless. It surprised me to see that you actually decided to continue with your stupid attempt to become a cop.” He spit at the word. Kagome's brows knitted together as she remembered how he had always tried to put her down about what she wanted to do when they were dating. He thought she should've been a stay-at-home wife and wait on him hand and foot. Something she wasn't willing to do. “Once I did find you I had figure out what I was going to do. How I was going to make you wish you had never left me.” He suddenly smiled. “Then I saw that little brat that you'd always put before me. You were always worrying about Souta,” Kagome winced when he said his name. “It was always so annoying. I never liked the little punk.”
 
 
You…” Kagome suddenly wanted to punch him…no, not punch him. Kill him. She wanted to see the bastard with a needle in his arm. She took step forward without realizing it. Inuyasha grabbed her arm before she could register what she was doing.
 
When she saw the expression of panic and anger on his face she stopped. She was starting to lose it without even knowing it.
 
“Wise move,” The rough voice brought them back, referring to the hand that held Kagome's arm. Inuyasha let go of her. This guy was upset that Kagome even had men, in general, in her life. It probably wasn't wise to have any physical contact with her at the moment.
 
Koga decided to continue with his speech, “The kid was easy enough to get to.” He paused. “Completely succeeding wasn't so easy. The little bastard knew how to put up a fight.” His smirk was back, “But he was only fifteen.” He was rubbing that little fact in, pouring salt into an open wound. “He wasn't all that strong compared to me.”
 
She had so much anger radiating from her that tears were beginning to silently fall down Kagome's face. She had to close her eyes. She had to try and stop listening to him. Kagome couldn't take this. It was amazing she hadn't broken down right there. She could picture it all too well. How her brother desperately tried to save himself. The fear in his eyes…
 
Inuyasha braced her by taking her shoulder. Forget Koga at the moment, Kagome looked like she was going to pass out. He still had most attention on the man in front of them, though.
 
Koga was frowning. He didn't like this guy…Inuyasha. Kagome was falling for him. It was obvious. When he had watched them kiss before, it took every fiber of his being to not to barge in on them and start shooting. No, he knew he needed to make his revenge good.
 
And now here he was finally at the peek of it all. Almost done. He could tell Kagome wasn't going to be able to take much longer. She caved much faster than he thought he would. He liked how she had tried so hard not to cry. He liked seeing her in pain. And he loved how she would deny Inuyasha almost cruelly in the beginning.
 
But now…she wasn't backing away from her partners touch. She was starting to give in to that bastard. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair at all how she had dumped him the way she did and then moved on so easily. Continued in preparing for her career. He had spent countless, restless nights thinking of her.
 
At first he thought that it was his fault that she left him. That he had done something wrong. But after a little while he began to see how she had no right to what she did. She was his. No one else could have her. If she wasn't going to be happy with him then she wasn't going to be happy with anyone. Anyone. And if anybody tried to be with her, he would make their lives living hells.
 
But now, he wasn't so sure how he was going to do that. Right now, this bastard was trying to comfort his bitch. He hoped Kagome passed out. If she passed out he could easily blow the guy's brains out and take Kagome somewhere…force her to be with him. To live her life with him. He would set her in her place. Made her know who was in control.
 
“Get your hands off of her!” He yelled at Inuyasha. When Inuyasha saw the pure anger in his eyes and the gun pointed to the both of them, he reluctantly took a small step away from her, still close enough to get to her in a short time if he needed to though.
 
Inuyasha held his gun up, ready for him to make a move. He was just planning to try and talk to him. But he could easily see that that was out of the question. Now it was plan B. If Koga did so much as shift his weight to wrong way he would shoot.
 
Kagome looked between them. Inuyasha's gun pointed at him. Koga's gun pointed between them. He could shoot either of them without it even registering in their minds in time. Where was back up? She had called them before she went looking for Inuyasha when she saw the blood. What was taking them so long? Why weren't they here already?
 
Koga still looked furious despite that Inuyasha had stepped away from her. He had to do something. He didn't have to worry about Kagome doing anything, she was still frozen. Some cop she was…that didn't matter though.
 
That simple touch. Inuyasha's hand on her shoulder right then was almost enough to take him over the edge. “I'm tired of this! I'm tired of you always being in my head! I'm tired of seeing you every minute of the day! And I'm sick of knowing that you don't even care!
 
It all happened so fast, then.
 
Koga shifted.
 
Inuyasha's hand tightened around his gun.
 
Koga aimed.
 
The three pair of eyes widened to epidemic proportions.
 
And the sound of a gunshot echoed through the air.