InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the girl who can't keep a job ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“No! I'm a big girl! I don't need a nanny!” Sango complained.
 
“Yeah… and I'm 18! If any of my friends find out about this they will never stop laughing!” Kouga agreed.
 
“I'm sorry but Kaede needs to have less troubles on her head and you three specially you” he pointed at Kouga. “Are trouble makers”
 
“But Inuyasha!” Sango said again.
 
“No! That's my final decision… tomorrow morning or if I'm lucky today you will have a new nanny”
 
“I hate you!” Sango said.
 
“No more complains! Now you three go and clean up the mess on the living room!”
 
“Fine…” the older kids said.
 
“Inuyasha, since today is Saturday and it's almost noon my psychologist advised me to avoid any kind of work before having lunch…” Kohaku said.
 
“Em… alright, but you will be grounded for another month” he grabbed the phone. “Yes? I am speaking to the babysitter agency? Okay, I need someone who can help me”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
A black haired woman was still lying on her bed, she heard her someone calling her name and lazily opened her eyes. She eyed at the clock next to her bed and quickly got up. The girl lived all by herself in an apartment, she was an orphan. They only family she knew were her friends.
 
“I'm late again!” she yelled changed her clothes. “My boss is going to kill me!”
 
On her way to her kitchen the girl grabbed a piece of bread and ate it while she arranged her hair.
 
“Oops! I almost forgot you…” she went to her room and grabbed a big necklace with ball shaped jewelry on the middle of it; this was the only thing that belonged to her mother. She had received it the day she left the orphanage. She loved to think that her mother's spirit was in that necklace.
 
“Kagome! I've been calling you almost half an hour… where were you?” her best friend asked.
 
“Sorry Eri, I don't have time for this now… I'm really late”
 
Eri met Kagome a few years later she left the orphanage. She met her in her first job and became good friends since there, Eri is a more independent and mature woman than Kagome. She's always worried for her friend's way of living.
 
“Don't forget that I want to talk with you later!”
 
“Yeah! I'll be there!” she got on her bike and went to her job.
 
Kagome tried to go faster on her bicycle, she wasn't able to afford a car and she was always looking for jobs that were close to her home. Once she spotted the flower shop she almost jumped off her bike as she ran into the place, she ran over to the cashier where her boss waited for her anxiously.
 
“You're late” was the only thing her boss told her when she arrived.
 
“I know, I'm sorry I think my alarm broke again and I…”
 
“I'm so sorry Kagome but I warned you… you are fired” he cut her off and sighed, Kagome looked at him horrified.
 
“But…”
 
“No… I already gave you too many chances… this will be your last delivery and I'll pay
you for this” he gave her a 20 dollar bill.
 
“Okay… I understand” she sighed.
 
“Here” he gave her a flower bouquet. “You have to give this at the Tsurugi mansion, it's only a few blocks away from here… it's a big house, it'll be easy to find, the address is in the bouquet in case you might get lost”
 
“Okay…” she grabbed her bike and found her friend on her way. “Hey Eri, what's up?”
 
“Aren't you supposed to be working?” Eri asked.
 
“I got fired…” she sighed as she sat next to Eri.
 
“Again? Kagome, in a month you have worked in 10 different places… and you know that I can't give you money again for your rent”
 
“I'm not asking you… this is my all fault and I should find a way to make this up”
 
“I'm sorry to act like a mother but Kagome you're almost 24 and you still act like a child…” she rolled her eyes and let out a heavy breath.
 
“What are you trying to say?”
 
“I say you need to grow up” Kagome groaned.
 
“I have to deliver this”
 
`Eri is right… I'm a grownup girl but I still don't know how to act like one… I guess it is because my mind is always somewhere else' she went back home to take a shower and then to deliver the bouquet.
 
“What's happening in here?” she saw all her things out on boxes.
 
“You haven't paid the rent in three months” the landlady said.
 
“But you said you can give me a week!”
 
“Yeah, and your week is up… you can come back when you have money for the rent” she closed the door.
 
“Great… not only I lost my job today but I lost my home too” she sighed.
 
“Kagome, what happened here?” her other friend Ayame asked.
 
Ayame was 4 years younger than Kagome, Ayame was 18 but her parents couldn't afford college so she was working in a restaurant as a waitress trying to get enough money to enter college next year. She had always admired Kagome; she thought Kagome was everything she wasn't. She was sweet, smart and lucky but Ayame was grateful that she had parents.
 
“The landlady threw me out… I haven't paid the rent in three months”
 
“But I thought you were working” she picked up a box.
 
“I got fired…”
 
“Oh… poor thing, come to my house… you can rest there for a few days until you find
another job”
 
“Thank you…” she tried to smile. “Can you take my things to my place? I have to deliver this at the Tsurugi mansion…”
 
“Sure…”she smiled as she took two of her boxes.
 
“Thanks, you're the best!” she yelled as she got on her bike.
 
Kagome rode her bike to the big house her former boss had told her. She found a big house and stared at it for a moment, she had never seen a place so big and beautiful. A black roof covered the perfect place and the white walls that surrounded the house were so shinny that she thought she could get blind. She knocked on the door and a tall woman with an elegant dress opened the door.
 
“What do you want?” she asked irritated.
 
“Yes, hi… I came here to deliver a flower bouquet…”
 
“Go to the back door” the girl slammed the door on her face.
 
“How rude…” she said and walked to the backyard, she knocked the door again hoping someone nice could open the door.
 
“Yes miss?” an old lady answered.
 
“Hi, I came here to deliver a flower bouquet”
 
“Ah, yes… please come in” Kagome entered with the flower bouquet.
 
She looked all around the kitchen as she followed the old lady to the living room. The living room was even bigger; the wooden floor made it look elegant and the stairs, one on the left and another to the right. Paintings covered the perfect walls on the living room and vases helped to complement the decoration. Kagome knew that these people were really rich.
 
“You can put the bouquet here dear” she pointed at a glass table and Kagome nodded.
 
“What a beautiful necklace… may I see it, please?”
 
“Sure…” she took the necklace off and gave it to the old lady.
 
“Oh, it's a beauty… how much do I owe you dear?” she looked at Kagome; she was really amazed of the mansion.
 
“Huh? Oh! Yeah… it would be $ 36,89”
 
“Okay” she gave her a 50 dollar bill. “Keep the change dear”
 
“Thanks…” Kagome left the house.
 
`What a beautiful house… I feel like everyone on that house is nice except for that lady…who does she thinks she is? She just looked at me and treated me as dirt… someone should teach her some manners!' Kagome thought as she rode her bike away from the mansion.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“Stop it!” a girl yelled.
 
“I'm sorry… I didn't hear you” Shippo said.
 
The brothers had been torturing every nanny that came into the house in a different way; each one of them had a turn. It was Shippo's turn and this girl had the worst torture of all. Shippo took out all of his bugs and left them in her room. Then he glued her hair to a pillow and poured candy on her clothes. All the babysitters that had entered the mansion had last about 3 hours, this girl was there for two hours.
 
“You win you little brat! I quit! I hope you burn at hell!” she grabbed her purse and left the house.
 
“Good job Shippo” Sango said.
 
“Yeah… I thought that girl was going to last for a night…” Kohaku said.
 
“Shippo!” Inuyasha yelled from his study room.
 
“Don't worry… he will just punish you just a month… he will be less harsh with you, he punished me two months more” Sango fumed.
 
“You think that's bad? He forbid me to go out with any girl I know for three months more” Kouga said.
 
“Shippo! Come in here!” he heard his brother yelling again, Shippo entered the study room and closed the door behind him.
 
“How much did your brothers paid you?”
 
“20 dollars…” he said lamely.
 
“I'll pay you 30 if you stop them from scaring the next girl”
 
“Deal…”
 
“Okay, you're grounded and you won't get your allowance in a month” Shippo got sad.
“But…”
 
“No complains… you can keep they toy I just bought you or you can take the 30 dollars”
 
“I'll keep my new toy…” he said and left the study room, then the phone ringed.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi, mister Tsurugi?”
 
“That's me…” he said hurriedly as he looked at some papers on the desk.
 
“I'm calling from the agency to let you know that we won't be sending you any more babysitters” he dropped the papers and focused his attention on the call.
 
“What? Why?”
 
“Because all the girls we have sent you have come here to quit their jobs… we only have 3 babysitters working for us and we don't want to risk them”
 
“Wait a minute, maybe we could…”
 
“Thank you fore being so comprehensive” she hung up.
 
“Fuck!” he yelled, he heard someone knocking. “Come in”
 
“Sorry to bother you Inuyasha but… Kouga is not here” Kaede said.
 
“What?!?”
 
“I went to his room and there was no one in there”
 
“This seems to get worse each time you come in here” he rubbed his temple.
 
“I'm sorry” she left and heard the doorbell.
 
“And can someone open that damn door?!?” he yelled.
 
Sango went to open and found her brother's girlfriend. She had tons of bags of different expensive stores.
 
“Take this to my room” Kikyo said.
 
“Take them yourself witch” she mumbled and sat on the stairs next to her brother.
 
“Dumb kids… they are everything but useful” she grabbed the bags and went to her room.
 
“I hate her so bad” Sango said.
 
“Yeah… who is she fooling with that nice attitude while Inuyasha is around?” Kohaku agreed.
 
“I know… we have to make her feel not welcomed”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was at her friend's bed. She was looking for a new job in the newspaper. `I wonder how much they will pay me for chopping meat. I can't do this… there must be a better job somewhere else… mom, please help me!' she touched her neck to touch her necklace.
 
`My necklace! Where is it?!? Oh my god! I lost the only memory of my mother… but how? No! I left it at that big house… I remember I gave it to that old lady… I have to go back there!' she dropped the newspaper on the bed, grabbed her scarf and went with her bike back to the big mansion.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha called again to the agency, that couldn't be the last decision. They must have some kindness on their hearts and help him. Today he had managed to organize his work at home but tomorrow he had to go to the office, for a few days. Inuyasha thought he was capable enough of managing everything from his house; he had organized it that way in case he never hired a nanny.
 
“Please miss, you have to help me… I'm desperate!” he said.
 
“Okay… we'll have to think about it”
 
“Thank you…”
 
He heard the doorbell ringing.
 
“Well, that was fast…” he kept on looking on some papers and the doorbell rang again.
 
“Can someone open that please?”
 
“I'm sorry I have some troubles in here!” Kaede said. “Shippo! Pick up your bugs or I'll throw them to the trash!”
 
“Naraku?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I'm on my rest!”
 
“Myoga?!” he yelled.
 
“I'm making dinner!”
 
“Damn! I feel like I have to do everything in here” he went to the door and opened, he found a beautiful black haired girl.
 
Wind was flowing and the scarf around her neck moved lightly and so did her hair. She smiled lightly at the sight of such a beautiful man, his big splendid golden eyes with his well shaped body along with that strange yet sexy hair. He had to blink twice in case his eyes were tricking him.
 
“Hi, I'm Kagome and I…” she blushed a little.
 
“You're hired”