InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the daughter of asuka nageino ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kouga moved closer to her, she could feel his breath over her mouth. Kagome swallowed hard when she saw him and felt him so close to her, he was a kid for her and she didn't want to hurt his feelings. He was about to kiss her when she heard something.
 
“Kagome!” she heard Inuyasha calling her and jumped.
 
“Your brother is calling me” she left the room immediately.
 
She ran down to the study room where Inuyasha had been calling her, she entered it and saw him with a very furious look on his face.
 
“Kagome, where were you? The kids were out of control!” Inuyasha yelled extremely mad.
 
“I'm sorry but you said that I could bring the rest of my things here”
 
“Yeah… and I said when the kids were at school! You are not doing your work properly”
 
“I'm really sorry, it was really stupid from me… please don't fire me” she said.
 
“I won't fire you…” he sighed heavily. “Is just that my girlfriend said that they were out of control and I had to do something to try to calm her down”
 
“I was supposed to take care of the kids but instead I was just worried about moving in…”
 
“It's okay, but I just for today… you may go now”
 
“Thanks” she went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water; she finally knew what that girl was and somehow she felt her heart sink.
 
`I knew it… he had a perfect beautiful girl who is just as rich as he is, everything is just like I thought… a boy like him would never fall for a girl like me… he's too good for me' she sighed.
 
“Are you okay dear?” Kaede asked.
 
“Yeah… I'm fine…”
 
“Would you like helping me clean the backyard?”
 
“Okay…” she followed Kaede to the backyard; it was the first time she took some time to look around it.
 
It looked more like a forest; it had tons of flowers all over it, big bushes with roses blooming and a lot of lights coming out from every plant in the place, there was a fountain surrounded by flowers and lights near on the middle of the yard. But she paid special attention to the tree that was near the door. The tree seemed to reach the attic and had white flowers on it. Like any other plant on the yard, it had lights over it.
 
“Whoa! What a beautiful tree…” she said looking all over it.
 
“Oh, this tree has been in this house since we moved in… but it had never gave a single fruit since we got here”
 
“What tree is it?”
 
“It's a peach tree”
 
“This is so beautiful…” she repeated.
 
After cleaning the leaves and pulling out some dead plants they went back to the kitchen.
 
“Ladies, dinner is almost served” Myoga told them.
 
“What's for dinner?” Kagome looked in the pots but Myoga started hitting her hands lightly.
 
“No, no, no! Dinner is a surprise” she smelled something horrible coming from his pots.
 
“Um… I think I won't have dinner tonight… I'm feeling a little bit tired” she yawned. “I think I'm going to bed, good night”
 
She walked upstairs when she heard the door.
 
“Wow! You really are hot!” a guy said.
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“Is Kouga around?”
 
“Um… I think, Kouga!” she called.
 
“Thanks Kagome” he smiled at her and she left to her room.
 
“Kouga, you sure know how to pick the ladies”
 
“Didn't I tell you she was smoking hot?”
 
“Yeah… I hope she can be my nanny someday”
 
“Not in your dreams” he said with slight jealousy on his voice.
 
“What? You really like her?”
 
“No! Is just that… I haven't kissed her yet”
 
“No? I thought you were already her boyfriend”
 
“She's playing hard but… I'll get her”
 
Inuyasha walked over to the kitchen but heard some voices; he looked at his brothers with one of his friends. Inuyasha was about to yell since he was disobeying his rules, he walked next to his brother to get an explanation.
 
“Kouga… dinner is served and what is he doing here?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“He's staying for dinner”
 
“No, you are grounded… I'm sorry Ginta but I'm afraid you will have to go home”
 
“Okay, see you tomorrow Kouga”
 
“Yeah… bye” he closed the door.
 
“Kouga, dinner is served” he repeated.
 
“Is Kagome there?”
 
“No, she said she was going to sleep”
 
“You know what? I'm feeling a little tired too so… I'm going to bed”
 
“Don't bother her” he said.
 
“Fine… goodnight”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was sleeping when she heard someone scream. She quickly got out of bed and went to see what was happening. She walked through the aisle and heard the scream coming from Shippo's room; he was awake and was crying.
 
“Are you okay?” she said sitting next to him.
 
“I had a nightmare!” he cried.
 
“Don't cry… it was just a bad dream, everything is okay now” she hugged the little boy.
 
“Would you…” he sniffed. “Would you stay with me till I go back to sleep?”
 
“Sure…” she lay next to him on his bed.
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“My sister is planning something for you tomorrow, you better be careful”
 
“Thank you for the advice” she hugged him.
 
After a few minutes Shippo was sleeping peacefully, she looked at him and smiled before giving him a small peck on the forehead. Kagome was returning to her room when she found Inuyasha on her way.
 
“That was really nice from you” he whispered.
 
“I just heard someone screaming I thought I could help him” she smiled at him.
 
“What was wrong darling?” Kikyo said hugging him.
 
“Shippo had a nightmare but Kagome helped him go back to sleep”
 
“Well, you pay her for that… let's go back to sleep”
 
“Fine, good night Kagome”
 
“Good night” she went up to her room.
 
“Why is she sleeping at the attic instead of the guest room?”
 
“Oh… I told her to go to the guest room but she said she liked the attic better” she lied.
 
“Alright… let's go back to bed”
 
While Kikyo pulled him towards their room, Inuyasha took one last look at Kagome who was going upstairs to the attic. She took a look at him too and smiled before she closed the door and went back to sleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo went to her father's lawyer office. She only wanted her father's will and she would be out of there. The lawyer entered the office a little later and had a piece of paper on his right hand. He took a seat next to her as she tapped her fingers against the table impatiently, he gave her a friendly smile before he begun.
 
“Okay, miss Higurashi?”
 
“Yes… just read the will please”
 
“This must be very painful for you”
 
“Yeah, I'm about to cry… so read the will please”
 
“Okay… `Dear family, while you read this I must already be on my grave, resting on peace… I know that my beloved daughter gave me a good cemetery in which I…'”
 
“Can you be quick please? I'm running late for a date on my spa”
 
“Okay, `to my dear daughter Kikyo I leave her the 20% of my things…' ”
 
“Wait a second! 20%? And who is going to keep the other 80%?!”
 
“Let me finish please… `The other 80% is belonged to my other daughter…' ”
 
“What?!?! My father had an affair?!”
 
“Please let me finish… `The daughter of Asuka Nageino, however, Kikyo may not claim the money until she shows up' ”
 
“Azuka Nageino? Who is she?”
 
“I don't know Miss Higurashi but her daughter is owner of more than the half of your father's money”
 
“I demand my money now”
 
“I'm sorry but this is written on your father's will… I can't do anything until the daughter of this woman shows up”
 
“What would happen if this girl was… death or… if she didn't want the will?”
 
“I think the money would be yours”
 
“Thanks for the info…” she left the office.
 
“Where now miss Higurashi?” Naraku asked.
 
“I don't know… surprise me” she smiled at him.