InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ rejected ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome yawned and looked at the hour, it was an hour early before the kids went to school but she couldn't go back to sleep or she would sleep more than she was supposed to. She went down quietly trying not to wake anybody up, she then went to the backyard and looked at the big tree. The leaves were moving slowly as the wind blew, she touched the tree and smiled.
 
“You really are beautiful…” she tried to climb the tree and pick up some flowers for her room. She managed to grab some and then she looked at her clock and noticed that it was time to wake up the kids.
 
She walked to Kohaku's room and carefully woke him up.
 
“It's time for school” she said moving him a little bit.
 
“Good morning stranger danger” she smiled a little awkward.
 
“Is that my new nick name?”
 
“Yes… you like it?”
 
“I guess… you have to get ready for school” she said and left to Shippo's room.
 
“Shippo… is time to wake up”
 
“Good morning Kagome” he gave her a small kiss on the cheek and Kagome smiled to him.
 
“Sleep well?”
 
“Yeah… I had the best dream ever”
 
“That's good to know… but it's time to go to school”
 
“Ah… okay, the earlier I get to school the more time I will get home to play with you”
 
“Okay, then get ready… and make sure to come down for breakfast”
 
“Sure…” Kagome walked to Sango's room but she was already awake when she entered.
 
“Get out of my room, you're not welcomed here” she said placing some makeup on her eyes.
 
“Okay, I just wanted to wake you up”
 
“I don't need you… I have an alarm clock” Kagome sighed and went to Kouga's room.
 
“Kouga, is time for school” she said moving him lightly. “Kouga…”
 
Kouga quickly grabbed her and turned things around, making her get on bed with him but he was on top.
 
“Good morning, may I have my kiss now?” he grinned.
 
“Not this way” she pushed him away from her and went to the kitchen.
 
“Kagome, come and have breakfast with us” Sango said.
 
“I'm on a diet” she remembered Shippo's advice. “But I'm curious, what is my breakfast? Maybe something cooked by you with something gross?”
 
“How did you know I was planning something?”
 
“Someone told me to watch out… and I'm really thankful… I'll grab an apple” she grabbed the apple and left to the living room.
 
“This girl is smarter than I thought” Sango said.
 
“Don't worry, we'll get her and then… she will regret the day she stepped in our house”
 
“Hey, has anyone seen Kagome?” Kouga asked grabbing some cereal from the box.
 
“I think she's at the living room” Shippo ate a spoon of his milk and cereal.
 
“Thanks…”
 
“Aren't you going to have breakfast with us?” Sango asked before he left.
 
“No… I think I will skip breakfast for today” he left.
 
“That girl has Kouga hypnotized” Kohaku drank some of his orange juice.
 
“Tell me about it… if Inuyasha thinks this nanny is a torture for him he was totally wrong”
 
“Good morning, where's Kouga?” Inuyasha asked pouring some coffee on his mug.
 
“Maybe with the nanny…” Sango answered annoyed.
 
“With Kagome? Alone?” he asked a bit worried.
 
“No, Kaede is with them” Sango said sarcastically.
 
“This boy doesn't know when to quit… I have to check them” he walked to the living room when he found his girlfriend on the way.
 
“Aren't you going to have breakfast?” Kikyo asked yawning.
 
“Yes, but first I have to take care of something”
 
“If it is something about your brothers let Kagome take care about it…” she grabbed his hand and pulled him to the kitchen.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome sat next to the tree and started eating her apple; he looked at her for a few seconds. `Gosh… she looks so beautiful, how can she so sexy without even trying? I can't believe someone like her exists…' he thought and shortly after Kouga sat next to her. He looked up at the tree and then looked at her.
 
“Are you mad at me?” he finally asked.
 
“What you did today to me was really horrible” she said and he chuckled.
 
“Then I guess you are mad”
 
“I think that `annoyed' is more like what I'm feeling now” she said and tried to get up but he grabbed her hand.
 
“Am I annoying you?”
 
“Listen, you are a really sweet boy but… you are 18 and I'm 23, well, almost 24 but… still, you are just a kid for me… I'm sorry” she looked down to the floor when she felt his hand on her chin and moving her head up to face him.
 
“Babe, I don't give up that easily” he winked at her and left to school with his brothers.
 
“I hope you can give me a hand in this mama” she said to her necklace and then she kissed the jewel.
 
“Kagome… I need a hand here” Inuyasha said from the study room.
 
“Yes?” she said walking into the room.
 
“What were you and Kouga doing this morning?” he interrogated, he was feeling very mad about what Sango had told him earlier and he felt some sort of jealousy growing inside him.
 
“What?”
 
“You heard me… what happened?”
 
“I was eating an apple outside when Kouga sat next to me”
 
“Is that the truth?”
 
“Why would I lie? He's just a kid for me…”
 
“Yeah but he is…” he heard the doorbell ringing.
 
“I'll be right back” Kagome went to open the door and found a tall man, black hair tied in a small pony tail, gray suit and an earring on one of his ears. “Can I help you?”
 
“Yes, I'm looking for mister Tsurugi; tell him Miroku Fujimori came to see him”
Inuyasha followed her a bit later to the door.
 
“Kagome who was… Miroku?”
 
“Inuyasha!” the two men hugged and Kagome watched them dazed.
 
“Kagome, this is my best friend and my new lawyer” he introduced as he kept on of his arms around Miroku's neck.
 
“Nice to meet you” Kagome said and they shook hands.
 
“What are you doing later?” Miroku asked and Inuyasha just chuckled while Kagome watched as if they were crazy.
 
“You'll have to excuse my friend; he's always flirting with the ladies”
 
“But do you want to have dinner with me?”
 
“I…”
 
“She's busy…” Inuyasha answered for her.
 
“I'm going to the kitchen now, nice to meet you mister Fujimori” Kagome said as she walked out the room to leave the two friends to talk about their things.
 
“Is she your girlfriend?” Miroku asked when she left.
 
“No! You know that I'm still with Kikyo”
 
“10 years now… wow, you sure know how to keep a relationship… so this Kagome girl, is she single?” he asked as he sat on his couch.
 
“I'm sure she is… but stay away from her” Inuyasha sat next to him.
 
“Why? She's a pretty girl and I'm in the mood for dinner tonight…”
 
“She can't… she's… um, taking care of the kids tonight… all by herself” he lied.
 
“What? You like her or something?” Inuyasha felt embarrassed and did his best not to blush, he accomplished it.
 
“No! She's just the nanny and she's busy tonight”
 
“Then I'll ask her out tomorrow”
 
“No, she's busy”
 
“I knew it… you like her”
 
“Shut up! She's just the girl who takes care of my brother's while they are grounded” he blushed a little.
 
“You punished all of them?”
 
“Yeah, they did I party while I wasn't here… come to the study room, help me with some papers” they stood up and walked up to the study room to start with their business.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kouga was walking by the school; he still got Kagome's words on his mind. `You are just a kid for me' he shook his head. `A kid? She's just 5 years older… almost 6 but, I don't know… why can't she give me a chance? I'm good looking, I'm sweet and… I'm perfect for Christ sakes! Why won't she go out with me?!' he thought and hit his desk a little hard.
 
“Kouga, are you okay?” Sandy asked him.
 
“Fine babe” she looked at him closely but he just kept a blank stare.
 
“You seem really distracted lately…”
 
“I'm just thinking…”
 
“About what? Me, maybe? And the time you got till the punishment is over so you and I can go out?” she asked as she gave him a very flirtatious smile.
 
“Maybe…” he answered and she smiled. `There was never a girl who was always in my mind… I can't take her out… is it because she rejected me? Yeah, it might be it… I have never got rejected before' the bell rang and Kouga waited for his sister to come out.
 
“Can you believe this? I got invited by Kuranoske right when I'm grounded… I hate Inuyasha so bad right no” she said as she folded her arms furiously.
 
“I thought he didn't liked you”
 
“I don't know… sometimes he says something and the next time he does the contrary”
 
“Let's go home now… Shippo is waiting for us”
 
“Don't you mean Kagome is waiting for you?” she mumbled, getting even more furious when she heard the name of her new enemy.
 
“What was that?”
 
“You heard me… I know you like her”
 
“And what if I do? Don't I have the right to like a girl?”
 
“You like our enemy… when you first knew about the nanny you almost died and now you like her?” he sighed annoyed and rolled his eyes.
 
“Whatever… let's go home”
 
After picking up Kohaku and Shippo, Kouga noticed a garage sale. `Maybe if I get her something nice she will forgive me' he thought and stopped the car. He was getting out when he heard his little sister enraged voice.
 
“We are not home yet…” Sango informed him.
 
“I know… I want to buy something first”
 
“For who? Your new girlfriend?”
 
“That doesn't concern you” he looked around and found an old chair in good condition but without legs. “Excuse me lady, how much for the chair?”
 
“10 dollars since it doesn't have legs”
 
“I want it” he grabbed the chair and paid the lady 10 bucks.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was at her room arranging the flowers she just picked this morning. She could only think about what happened earlier that day. `Mister Fujimori is a really nice man but… I don't like him enough like to date him… why did Inuyasha say that? Does he like me? Don't flatter yourself Kagome, I'm sure he's going out tonight with his girlfriend and you will have to take care of Shippo' she sighed and placed her flowers on a base next to her bed.
 
“Kagome!” she heard Kouga calling him.
 
“This kid doesn't know when to quit” she mumbled. “What?”
 
“Come to the backyard! I got a surprise for you!”
 
“I'm coming…” she walked lazily over to the backyard, she was thinking about what to say to Kouga so she didn't hurt his feelings but first she had to know what he wanted. “What is it?”
 
“Okay, wait… is a surprise so…” he covered her eyes, he moved her next to the big peach tree. “Okay, do you like it?”
 
Kagome opened her eyes and found a chair tied with a rope to the tree, it was kind of a swing and Kagome smiled at the sweet gesture.
 
“Thank you, this is the nicest thing someone has ever done for me” she sat on the swing and Kouga pushed her lightly.
 
“So, about what happened this morning…”
 
“What?” she cut off as she swung on her new present slowly, he pushed her a little bit more and waited for him to answer.
 
“You know… well, I'm sorry about it… I know it was wrong”
 
“Actually… I should apologize, I called you a kid but I was totally wrong… you are a really mature man for your age” she admitted and he smiled widely.
 
“So you would consider our date?” he whispered on her ear as he grabbed the swing.
 
“Maybe…” she said in a whisper.