InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ private investigator ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled from out side the door, he had been hearing what Kouga was saying.
 
The teenager and the girl quickly stood up and she blushed a little embarrassed, she sighed heavily and he wanted to hit his brother for interrupting their moment.
 
“I'm coming! Kouga, I…”
 
“You don't have to answer now… you have till this Friday, think about it babe” Kouga left and Inuyasha entered the room.
 
“Don't call me babe!” she yelled. “What can I do for you?”
 
“I don't want you to go with him… I pay you to take care of the kids not to fly over to Brazil”
 
“And who said I was going? Wait, were you spying on us?” only one thought came to her mind at that moment. `Is he jealous?'
 
“It doesn't matter how I know that, is you're the decision that concerns me…”
 
“I think that's private… now if you excuse me, I'm going to my room…” she was leaving when he grabbed her arm.
 
“Nothing is private when my brother is involved” he looked at her eyes and she blushed a little.
 
“Let me go… what do you think you're doing?” she tried to hide her blushed cheeks and walked out the room. “And by the way, things are private when it comes to me answering them…”
 
`Kouga cannot take her away from me… I mean from the kids! I need to rest, oh… I forgot Miroku is coming over tonight… maybe I should just wash my face' he then heard the doorbell. Inuyasha forgot about his previous thought and went to answer the door, he found his friend there.
 
“Hey Inuyasha” Miroku hugged his friend.
 
“Oh hi…” he said apathetically.
 
“What's wrong with you? You look awful…”
 
“I'm just a little stressed… it's been a long day”

“Here's what you asked for” he gave Inuyasha a little black box.
 
“Keh… thanks, do you think she will like it?” he asked as he took a peek in it and immediately closed it before placing it in his pocket.
 
“She will love it…”
 
“Great, tomorrow night… I'll do it”
 
“And what did you wanted me here?”
 
“I want you to be my new lawyer… I need something to take care of and I really don't have time to be checking that this guy is working and I decided I needed a man I could trust”
 
“Okay, I'll do it”
 
“Thanks… you can start tomorrow morning”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was lying on her room's bed; she placed Kouga's roses on water and was looking at her mother's jewel. `Kouga wants me to go to Brazil but Inuyasha… he wants me here to take care of the kids… or who knows? Maybe he likes me… maybe he thinks I'm more than just a nanny… maybe, he was jealous… mom, please give me sign of what should I do, just give me something to know who is the right guy for me…' she kissed the jewel and tried to sleep, she heard someone calling her and decided to go downstairs.
 
“Kagome, could you join me till I sleep?” Shippo asked.
 
“Sure…” she sat on bed next to him caressing his head lightly.
 
“Would you… do this every night? My… my mom used to do this”
 
“Of course… now try to sleep cause tomorrow you have school” a few minutes later Shippo was sleeping.
 
Kagome felt a little thirsty and went for a glass of water. She noticed that there was some juice left from dinner and decided to take it. She sat on the table while she drank it; she heard some foot steps coming near. Kagome saw Inuyasha getting near the fridge and looking for something, she thought he might be looking for the juice she was just drinking.
 
“You want some?” she asked offering her glass.
 
“No, thank you… I will have water”
 
“Okay” she kept on drinking.
 
“What are you doing up so late?” he asked sitting next to her.
 
“After I got Shippo in bed I felt a thirsty and most of the times it helps me get back to sleep, what about you?”
 
“I couldn't sleep and I wanted to drink something”
 
“So listen, before I asked you if you could make the punishment of the kids less harsh and well…”
 
“You still want me to do it?” he asked and she nodded.
 
“Yeah, I think that so far the kids have learned their lesson…”
 
“And what do you suggest me to do?”
 
“You could allow Sango to date any boy she wants…”
 
“Okay, but she will only date a boy once a month… and she's still grounded for a month”
 
“You can let Kohaku go out… to be imprisoned in his house is not healthy”
 
“Fine, but he is still grounded for a month”
 
“Let Shippo have his allowance, after all he's only a kid”
 
“Alright but…”
 
“And he shouldn't be grounded for a month… it could help him become less shy”
 
“And I guess you want me to let Kouga date any girl he wants”
 
“Actually, I didn't think about that but…”she said and Inuyasha got the wrong idea.
 
“Oh, so you like my brother?” he asked getting a little jealous.
 
“No, he's just a kid for me… it's just that…”
 
“You don't have to say a thing… I'm going back to sleep, goodnight” he was walking out the room when he heard her sweet voice behind him.
 
“But… do the kids have more freedom?”
 
“Yeah, sure… goodnight”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next day Kikyo went to an office, she was searching for a certain man so he could do her a favor. She needed to know something really important and by hearing how good he was at this kind of things she decided it might be good for her to hire this man. She ringed on the doorbell and waited for someone to answer.
 
“Yes?” a man said.
 
“Good morning, I'm looking for mister Hitomi… tell him Naraku sent me” the man let her in and she sat on wooden chair, the man sat behind a desk and lighted up a cigar.
 
“What can I do for you miss…?”
 
“Higurashi, Naraku told me that you are a private investigator, one of the bests”
 
“My half brother was right… what do you want me to do?”
 
“I want you to search about Asuka Nageino”
 
“Is she something important for you?”
 
“Her daughter is owner of more than the half of my father's state”
 
“I demand 320 dollars per week… and you may call me Hakudoshi”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After the kids were out of the house Kagome went back to Inuyasha's study room to keep cleaning up the desk. She piled up the paper in a corner correctly and cleaned with a towel some placed stained with coffee and crumbs.
 
“What are you doing in here?” Inuyasha asked and she gasped.
 
“I… Kaede told me that I should clean up your desk”
 
“Thanks but leave it just like it was… I like my messy desk”
 
“You know, maybe some changes in here won't harm”
 
“It will harm me since I won't find my stuff”
 
“Fine… you know what?” she threw the pile of papers. “You may have your messy place again”
 
Kagome was walking out the room when she stepped on something; she was about to fall when she felt someone's strong arms around here.
 
“I thought I told you to be more careful with Shippo's toys” she blushed.
 
“I'll take your advice for next time” she quickly got up and left the room, she went at the backyard and sat at her swing. “I looked like an idiot…”
 
“No, you were just clumsy…” Inuyasha answered.
 
“Are you following me or something?”
 
“I just wanted to apologize, you are right… maybe I should need to organize myself” she stood up and walked near him.
 
“Why are you like this?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Sometimes you're nice, sometimes you're mean… why do you this? It's like you're double-faced” she felt his arms grabbing hers.
 
“I… don't know… it's just that I…”
 
“Yes?” she waited for something to come out from his mouth.
 
“I li…” something fell on Inuyasha's head and he fainted.