InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ signs ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Inuyasha!” Kagome said checking him, he was unconscious. “What happened to you? And most important… what were you going to say?”
 
She looked for the responsible for his state; next to him she found a peach. She thought about what she had begged to her mom last night. `Mom, is this a sign? Is this you trying to tell me to pick Kouga?' she thought and lightly slapped him.
 
“Inuyasha, please… wake up”
 
“Oh my god! What happened in here?” Kaede asked horrified.
 
“I don't know… I was here, talking to him when… this fell on his head” she showed her the peach.
 
“Oh! A peach! This is a miracle… is the first fruit this tree has ever grown”
 
“A miracle…” she echoed.
 
“Let's take Inuyasha inside…” Kagome grabbed his arm and Kaede did the same, they took him inside and laid him on the couch.
 
“Do you think he will be okay?” Kagome asked looking at him.
 
“Ah yes, Inuyasha will just have a headache… which will be a good excuse for him to rest tomorrow or the rest of the night”
 
“You think?” she asked, feeling less guilty by Kaede's words.
 
“Of course, now stay here in case he wakes up… I'll bring some ice for his head”
 
“Okay…” she looked at him and smiled. `He looks so… peaceful, so beautiful, like an innocent boy, so much different from the cold hearted worker man I know… mom, what did you mean with the fruit? You mean that he and I are supposed to be together for the house well? Or did it mean that he and I are not meant to be? Please… send me one more sign… something that I can understand' she said and touched her jewel lightly.
 
“Here, place this on his head… I have to clean up the rooms” Kaede left them alone.
 
“Okay…” she pressed the ice bag on his head and grabbed his hand. “I know that I didn't do anything but I can't stop feeling like if this was my fault, I'm sorry”
 
“Don't be…” he said, he still had his eyes closed.
 
“Inuyasha! I'm so glad you're okay…” she hugged him; she blushed and quickly pulled away. “I mean… its good to know that nothing happened to you”
 
“What happened?”
 
“A peach fell on your head”
 
“That explains my headache” he pulled away the ice bag and rubbed his head a little.
 
“Well, now that you're okay… I think I can go and help Kaede” she walked away.
 
“My head… what the fuck happened?” he asked to himself. `All I remember was me at the backyard and I… I was about to do something… whatever it was, it has no importance now… or at least I think so' he thought as he rubbed his head.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Sango was at school, it was recess and she was talking to her best friend about Kagome. Her best friend was Kirara; they had known each other since they were on 2nd grade. Kirara liked to spend a lot of time with Sango, for some reason guys seemed to love Sango and mostly ignored Kirara; she also had a crush on Kouga.
 
“And this girl is mean with you?” Kirara asked with interest.
 
“No… I thought she was going to be a bitch but in fact she's the nicest person I've ever known…”
 
“What about me? I'm nice to you too and I'm your best friend”
 
“Okay, she's the second nicest person after you… you happy now?” she smiled.
 
“Yeah… now about Kouga… is he grounded too?”
 
“Of course he is… he organized the party I just went to it”
 
“Too bad… I had my weekend free”
 
“Even worst for you, my brother is going to Brazil for the tennis championship”
 
“So gorgeous and such and athlete…” she sighed. “He seems to be perfect”
 
“Eugh… it really disgusts me when you talk like that about my brother…”
 
“Okay, let's change the topic… how about Kuranoske?” Sango blushed.
 
“Now that's better…”
 
“I know you like him and it seems like he likes you too… so what are you going to do about it?”
 
“After my punishment is over… I'm so going to date him”
 
“Do you think he will wait for you two years?”
 
“Hey! I'm almost 16…”
 
“Yeah… in about three months, you think he will wait for you three months and a year?”
 
“If he likes me he can wait for me that long… besides, Kagome said that she could convince my brother so he would let date guys when I'm 16”
 
“Good, then it's only three months left…”
 
“Hey Kirara” Kuranoske said. “Sango, can I talk to you in private?”
 
“Sure…” she smiled at her friend and went behind a tree.
 
“Listen, I like you… you are really pretty and I would love you to join me to the movies tonight… what do you say?”
 
“I… I… I will tell you later”
 
“What? You don't like me?”
 
“No, it's just that I have to ask my brother first”
 
“Okay, here's my number… call me if you have his permission, see you later” he kissed her on the cheek and Sango almost fainted.
 
“What happened?” Kirara appeared.
 
“Pinch me, please” she did as Sango ordered her.
 
“Ouch… that hurt”
 
“What happened?” she repeated.
 
“He gave me his number and a kiss on the cheek!” the two girls squealed excited.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Back at the house, Kagome was placing some of her roses on the dinner table. She thought it might look better with them. She placed some more on the living room, on the playroom, on Inuyasha's study room and on Sango's room. She kept the flower that had the note attached to it. Later, she went to the backyard and started swinging slowly.
`Everything is so confusing to me now… what did it mean? Could it be possible that I'm the one who can change Kouga? Or could it be that I'm the one who can melt Inuyasha's cold heart? I don't know… please, this time send me a sign that I can understand… something easy for me to understand' she then felt someone pushing her.
 
“I thought I might find you out here” Kouga said.
 
“I was feeling little bored inside the house with nothing to do” she smiled lightly to him.
 
“I noticed you placed my roses every where… didn't you liked them?” she shook her head.
 
“No, it's just that… there were just too many roses in my room but I kept one”
He nodded and they remained in silence for a while, he kept on pushing her lightly and after a few minutes he spoke again.
 
“So what do you say?”
 
“About what?”
 
“I want to know if you are coming to Brazil with me”
 
“You know, it's really sweet and all but… I just can't, I mean I have a job here and I think it's more than unfair that you kidnap me away from your brothers and your sister”
 
“Okay, that's fine… I can't force you to come with me”
 
“So you don't mind?”
 
“No… as long as you give me something for good luck” he moved closer to her.
 
“If you kiss me again I'll kick your ass” she warned.
 
“No, a hug” he hugged her tightly. “I'm going to miss you”
 
“How long are you going to be in Brazil?”
 
“A month…” Kagome heard some footsteps approaching and she saw Inuyasha.
 
“Guys, dinner is ready but first, Kagome I need to talk with you” Kouga entered to the house and Kagome sat back on the swing.
 
“What can I do for you this time?”
 
“I realized that… I didn't thank you for what happened here earlier”
 
“Don't worry, I mean you were here and a peach fell and all I did was carry you to the couch, but I still kind of feel guilty”
 
“I told you that you shouldn't feel that way… it was this tree fault” she giggled a little.
 
“I'm going to my room… I'm really not hungry tonight, good night Inuyasha”
 
“Wait, I had to tell you that I'm going out with my girlfriend tonight… in fact, I'm going out right now so you are in charge”
 
“Okay… have fun” she left
 
“Good night” he whispered and sighed before he went to his car to take Kikyo out.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Hakudoshi was searching for this woman that Kikyo had requested. It was becoming hard, he had looked for her name in the telephone guide but nothing, he asked to people with her same last name if they were related to her, no one seemed to know her or ever heard about her. He decided to try asking mister Higurashi's friends, he finally found a man who knew about her but he had little information.
 
“What can you tell me about Asuka Nageino?”
 
“She was a woman he met three years after her wife's death, she used to work at a grocery store and it seems that he fell in love with her”
 
“Were they married?”
 
“No, the father of this girl didn't allow it and he didn't want to marry in secret”
 
“They had a daughter out of marriage?”
 
“Yeah… the last I heard of Asuka Nageino was that she lived with her parents but then one night a thief entered the house, apparently he was searching for money but since the family of this woman wasn't rich he killed the woman, her parents were out of town that night and I don't know what happened to the girl”
 
“Where are these people? The parents of Asuka”
 
“They are at Japan; they had a shrine over there”
 
“Thank you for the information”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha took Kikyo to a very expensive restaurant, she was comfortable with it and he had the little box on his pocket, it had a bracelet on it. Her birthday was near and when Inuyasha saw it he thought she might like it. She drank some of her champagne and he grabbed her hand.
 
“Kikyo, I invited you here tonight because I…” he took out the little black box.
 
“I know… you have something really important to tell me”
 
“Yeah… kind of” he smiled.
 
“After ten long years of us dating?”
 
“Right…”
 
“You're finally going to ask me it, right?” he looked at her confused.
 
“You mean…”
 
“Oh! Inuyasha! I do… I'll marry you” she hugged him.