InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the little thief ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I was…”
 
“Inuyasha… we're going to be so happy together” Kikyo interrupted him.
 
“I'm so glad to hear that…” Inuyasha said not sounding so enthusiastic.
 
“I thought you were never going to ask me that!” she hugged him again. “Let me see the ring”
 
“Um… I think I should show you it at home, it would be more like a surprise” he took away the black box.
 
“Oh… that's so sweet… I love you Inuyasha” she kissed him.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome was at Kouga's room, helping him pack. They had been there for about two hours now and Kouga's brothers occasionally spied them. he was feeling a little sad about leaving Kagome specially now that he thought he was winning her heart, he thought that she did wanted to go to brazil with him but she remembered that Inuyasha would fire her.
 
“Do you think Kouga likes her?” Shippo whispered on Kohaku's ear.
 
“Who knows? I mean… Kouga has had more than three different girlfriends in just one week that it's hard to keep the count…”
 
“Hey kids… what are you doing?” Sango asked looking into the room. “You shouldn't been spying”
 
“Neither you… why aren't you with Kirara? She usually bugs at this hour”
 
“I was looking for Kagome to ask her something”
 
“What?”
 
“That's none of your business… shouldn't you be with your psychologist?”
 
“Yeah… well I told him I was going to the bathroom” he laughed quietly so Kouga and Kagome wouldn't notice.
 
“Sh… Kouga is saying something” Shippo whispered.
 
“I'm gonna miss the brats…” he packed a few t-shirts on his suitcase.
 
“Yeah… it shows how much you love them by calling them brats” Kagome agreed and he smiled at her.
 
“Hey!” Kohaku said and when Kouga looked back the three of them hid.
 
“What?” Kagome asked.
 
“Nothing… I thought I heard something”
 
“So why are you in this tennis thing?”
 
“I don't know… I started playing when I was 12 and then I became more interested in this and I just wanted to be the best…”
 
“Well by winning 5 championships in a row I think you already proved that”
 
“Okay, maybe you're right… but it's just that tennis has become one big part of my life, besides I get to travel around the world”
 
“Yeah… it seems like you like it a lot”
 
“Yes… okay, I'm done now” he closed his suitcase and sat next to her. “And now… you know? Most of the times I have a good luck charm with me”
 
“I'm not going with you, I told you that”
 
“No, how about a kiss for good luck?” he moved closer to her and she quickly pushed him apart.
 
“Not even in your dreams… have fun on Brazil” she left the room and found everyone spying them. “What are you three doing here?”
 
“That's what I asked them…” Sango said.
 
“I was bored… since I'm punished I can't do anything” he explained to Kagome.
 
“Well, think about what you're going to do next month because… I talked to your brother and he said that you could forget everything about your punishment except for this month”
 
“Really?” Kohaku asked amazed.
 
“Yeah…” he hugged her and Sango did the same.
 
“You are the best”
 
“Yeah, and I need to talk to Sango now…” Sango and Kagome entered to Sango's room to talk in private and to prevent Kohaku and Shippo spying they closed the door.
 
“What did Inuyasha say?”
 
“He said that… your punishment is off, except for this month and… that you're only allowed to date a boy once a month”
 
“What? But… that is so unfair!”
 
“Calm down… maybe if Inuyasha sees that you are can be more mature he will let you date a boy at least twice a month”
 
“Well… I think that's better”
 
“Kagome! Please come down!” Kaede said.
 
“I'm coming! Remember what I said…” Kagome left her room and went with Kaede.
 
“If Inuyasha thinks I'm going to let him enjoy this evening with his girlfriend… he's so wrong… I won't stop bugging him till he lets me go with a boy whenever I want” Sango went to his study room and she found Miroku in there.
 
“Hey Sango… are you looking for something?” he asked.
 
“No, I wanted to use the phone… Inuyasha took away mine when he grounded me…”
 
“Oh… okay, who are you calling?”
 
“Inuyasha…” she grabbed the phone and started dialing.
 
“Is something wrong?”
 
“No… I just want to ask him something” she heard his answering machine and hung up. “He turned off his phone!”
 
“Okay, calm down… whatever you want from him can wait… right?”
 
“I guess… thank you for letting me use the phone” she smiled.
 
“Any time” he smiled back.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
The next morning Kagome didn't have to wake up the kids, it was Saturday and she thought that she could have her free day. She changed her pajamas for white shorts and a green t-shirt and went to Inuyasha's study room.
 
“Good morning Kagome… are you going to take Shippo somewhere?” Inuyasha asked as he checked some papers.
 
“Um, actually… no, I was hoping that today I could take my day off”
 
“Oh… today, well… I… Shippo…” she sighed heavily.
 
“What is it this time?”
 
“I really want you to take care of the kids today”
 
“Why? Are you going somewhere or…”
 
“No, it's just that I… I… have a lot of… work today and… Kaede… she…”
 
“Is that your only reason?” she asked.
 
“Um… I think…”
 
“Listen, you said to me that once a week I could take a day off and today it seems like a lovely day to spend it…”
 
“With the kids exactly, see? Now we are getting to somewhere” he finished the sentence for her and she got a little mad.
 
“You said I could take a day off whenever I wanted”
 
“Yeah… as long as I authorized it” he started reading some things and she sighed annoyed.
 
“I'm taking the kids with me” she finally said.
 
“Where?”
 
“I don't know… anywhere outside this house, I bet they will be happy” she left his study room.
 
“She's going to drive me crazy…” he mumbled.
 
“Who?” Miroku asked.
 
“I'm so glad you came… I have a huge problem” Inuyasha changed the subject and Miroku sat on a chair.
 
“What happened now?”
 
“Okay, I know that I want to marry Kikyo is just that… when she said it… I felt…”
 
“Awkward?”
 
“Yeah… a little”
 
“Then… what are you going to do? Are you going to tell her you don't want to marry her or…”
 
“No! I do want to marry her… is just that… not right now”
 
“Then when?”
 
“Maybe in a couple of years”
 
“Inuyasha you have dated Kikyo for ten years now and you're not ready to marry her yet?”
 
“I've been feeling a little confused now… something inside me has made me change my mind”
 
“And who could that be?” Kagome opened the door.
 
“I'm leaving now… we're going to the park” she explained and left.
 
“Is she with someone? Because I really want to date her” Miroku admitted and Inuyasha felt his heart twitch in jealousy.
 
“She's always busy…” he answered a little mad.
 
“Okay… I feel that you are really not comfortable with me dating her so…”
 
“Yes, I'm not comfortable… can we talk about something else?”
 
“What's with you and that girl? I only name her and you act all furious…” he grabbed some papers.
 
“Whatever… can we get to business?”
 
“Sure, so what are you going to do with this lawsuit?”
 
“Well, from what I know this guy is a total jerk… he used to work for my dad and he's sue is totally stupid… he claims half of my father's money since he made almost all the work”
 
“Yeah… apparently he is a jerk… but he has a good lawyer”
 
“We're going to crush this guy down, right?”
 
“I think it's better for you to try to settle things up out of court… try talking to him in a peaceful way and try to get to an agreement…”
 
“I'll try… but this idiot really gets on my nerve…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome and the kids were on the park, she thought that Shippo could try to make friends over there but apparently he was always avoiding other kids and was always with Kohaku. Kagome couldn't figure out why Shippo was like this but she wouldn't dare to ask him. She saw the ice cream car coming close and she thought she could buy an ice cream for them.
 
“Excuse me lady, would you mind giving me a dollar?” a little girl said.
 
Kagome looked at her and smiled sadly, she was too pretty to be begging on the streets. She had black long hair and brown big eyes, she had such an innocent look but her dirty face distracted her sight from her eyes. The little girl was wearing a big dark dirty yellow T-shirt, ripped filthy jeans and different color shoes that had wholes on them.
 
“Um… sure…” she took out her wallet and the girl grabbed it and ran away. “Hey!”
 
Kagome ran after the little girl but she was a little too fast for her, someone grabbed the girl. Kagome saw her being held by a police officer by her arm and moaning in pain, she looked at her worried.
 
“You thief!” the man said, he was a policeman. “Here's your wallet miss”
 
“Oh… thank you, what's going to happen to the girl?” she asked as she placed away her wallet.
 
“She's going to be punished”
 
“Punished? There's no need for that!” Kagome said.
 
“Why not? She stole your wallet…” she took another look at the little girl who was still trying to get the police officer to let her go, she bit her lip and faked a smile.
 
“We were just playing, she's my… daughter, she's dressed this way since we just came from giving some orphans clothes and she wanted them to have hers” the little girl stopped and looked at her confused, the police officer let her go.
 
“Oh, really? Well I'm sorry miss… I didn't know” Kagome grabbed the hand of the girl and covered her moth so she didn't say a thing.
 
“Don't worry about it… she was mad `cause I didn't buy her an ice cream after all the good deeds she did today” he nodded and took one look at the girl, she pulled away Kagome's hand showed him her tongue. Kagome covered her mouth again and smiled at him nervously, the police officer frowned.
 
“Oh… okay, have a nice day miss”
 
“Thank you…” she said and as soon as the police man was away, Kagome took her hand off her mouth.
 
“That was nice… I'm leaving now” the little girl walked away.
 
“Hey!” she looked back. “Would you… like an ice cream?”
 
“O… okay” she walked back to Kagome and she bought 2 ice creams.
 
“Why are you stealing?” she asked curiously as she looked at the girl eating her ice cream, she seemed to be enjoying it a lot.
 
“I don't have any money” she licked her ice cream quickly.
 
“But what about your parents?”
 
“I don't have parents…”
 
“What happened to them?”
 
“I never met them… I grew up alone”
 
“I can understand you… I'm an orphan”
 
“Really? And you stole things too?”
 
“No… I grew up at an orphanage… what's your name?”
 
“Rin…”
 
“Would you like sleeping over at… my house?”
 
“Really? You're not going to take me to an orphanage, right? Because I don't want to go back to that place” she smiled sadly at her again.
 
“Of course not… would you like to?”
 
“I guess” Kagome grabbed her hand and found Kohaku and Shippo waiting for her at the park.
 
“Kagome… who is she?”
 
“Um… she's my little cousin”
 
“I thought you said you were an orphan”
 
“I am… she's a little girl in the orphanage too and since she misses me too much she came to visit me”
 
“Is she going to sleep at my house tonight?”
 
“If you let her…” Kagome smiled at him and Shippo walked next to Rin.
 
“What's your name?”
 
“I'm Rin… who are you?”
 
“I'm Shippo Tsurugi…”
 
“Okay, it's almost time for dinner and if I don't get over there your brother will kill me…”
 
“Fine… I'm ready to go home” Kohaku mumbled as he looked at the two kids.