InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ hiding rin ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome took the kids to the back door; they were going to enter by the kitchen's back door. Since Kagome brought Rin home, she thought that maybe Inuyasha wouldn't approve it. She decided to hide her for a while and looked in the kitchen first so Kaede or Myoga wouldn't tell Inuyasha about her.
 
“Okay guys… go up to your rooms, you Rin stay with me” Shippo and Kohaku walked to their rooms and Kagome and Rin entered to the kitchen.
 
“This isn't your house, right?”
 
“You got me… okay, I work here and I have to live here so the only ones who know about you are Shippo and Kohaku…” she heard some foot steps and hid her behind the table. “Hide!”
 
“Who are you talking to?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Um… no one, I wasn't even talking…”
 
“Then I must be crazy” he was walking to the fridge which was behind the table.
 
“What are you doing?” she pushed him back.
 
“I'm going to grab a glass of juice… are you okay with it?”
 
“No… I gave it to Kohaku and Shippo… they finished the whole juice” she said.
 
“Oh… then I'll grab water”
 
“No! I mean… I'll get for you”
 
“Thank you Kagome… you know, if you like you can have your free day tomorrow…”
 
“Thanks… what's with the change of attitude?”
 
“Keh… I was trying to make something nice for you” she handed him the glass of water.
 
“Thank you… then tomorrow I'll do whatever I want… and you can't change your mind”
 
“Fine by me… see you at dinner” he left and she sighed.
 
“Okay, Rin let's go” she grabbed her hand and ran to her room.
 
“Nice room…” Rin started jumping on her bed.
 
“Hey, get down or you'll get hurt”
 
“Okay… if you are having dinner downstairs… what am I going to eat?”
 
“I haven't thought of that… I'll bring you dinner here… I'll say that I'm feeling a little sick” Rin jumped one last time and sat on the bed.
 
“Why are you so nice with me?”
 
“Because I know that you really aren't a bad girl… and if you behave I will let you live here in secret… no one will know it”
 
“Okay… I guess I could try” she smiled at her.
 
“Kagome! Dinner is ready!” Kaede yelled.
 
“I'll be right back… be quiet and stay here”
 
“Okay…” Kagome quickly went downstairs and entered the kitchen.
 
“Dear, your plate is on the table”
 
“Um… I'm feeling a little sick…” she coughed. “And I was wondering if I could eat at my room”
 
“Sure… go get your plate” Kagome entered to the dinning room and grabbed her plate when Inuyasha stopped her.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“I thought I could eat at my room… I'm feeling a little sick”
 
“No, you can't”
 
“But I asked Kaede and she…”
 
“Kaede doesn't makes the decisions… you are eating here and that's it”
 
“Um… no, have a nice dinner… I'm eating at my room” she grabbed the plate and ran to her room.
 
“Where's Kagome?” Sango asked sitting on her place.
 
“She's coming to eat with us right now” Inuyasha got up and went to Kagome's room, the stairs where up and he decided to knock.
 
“Who is it?” she asked.
 
“It's Inuyasha, open up”
 
“Quickly… get under the sheets!” she whispered to Rin, she nodded and did as she was ordered.
 
“You can come in” Kagome said placing some pillows on top of Rin.
 
He pulled the stairs down and climbed up her room.
 
“I thought I told you not to eat up here”
 
“And I thought I said I felt a little sick” she answered taunting him.
 
“Yeah? Well that isn't a good excuse… come and eat downstairs with us”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because… um, Shippo wants to…”
 
“Yeah? If Shippo wants me downstairs he can eat with me here”
 
“That's not the point!”
 
“Then why do you want me downstairs?”
 
“I…” he couldn't find a good excuse.
 
“If you don't have a good reason then I guess I can eat up here… now, if you excuse me I want to change my clothes so…”
 
“Fine… but just for today… tomorrow you'll eat down with us and you have to make sure that the kids go to bed by 21”
 
“Okay…” Inuyasha walked down and Kagome quickly pulled the stairs up.
 
“I think he likes you” Rin said.
 
“What? That's ridiculous…” she blushed a little and Rin smirked.
 
“And I think you like him too”
 
“Okay, now that is just stupid…” she blushed even more. “How could I like him? he's rude, obnoxious, arrogant, too hot tempered and he's very ungrateful”
 
“You're hiding it… and you're not very good at it”
 
“Maybe you should just eat instead of talk” Kagome said giving her the fork.
 
“This is delicious…” Rin said with her mouth full.
 
“I'm glad you liked it… well, I didn't cook it but most of the things Myoga cooks are just nasty”
 
“And what do you eat then?”
 
“I go downstairs and grab a fruit or something…” Rin gave half of the food to Kagome.
 
“Here… eat this”
 
“No, it's okay… I'll grab fruit later for both of us”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah… go ahead and eat it” while Rin devoured the food, Kagome changed her clothes for her pajamas.
 
“At 21 I'll go downstairs and whatever you do… don't open the door unless it's Shippo or Kohaku”
 
“Okay…” she took off her shoes and rested on her bed. “This is nice…”
 
“How about tomorrow night I take you for dinner?”
 
“Really?”
 
“Sure… since it's my free night and… I'm in the mood of something good; I know a good restaurant that I know you'll love it”
 
“Thank you Kagome” she closed her eyes and tried to sleep.
 
Kagome went down and closed the attic door carefully; she went to the kids' room to check that they were sleeping. She entered to Shippo's room and he was still awake.
 
“Its bed time” she said and sat on his bed.
 
“You said you would come and join me till I sleep”
 
“Right… I forgot…” he laid in bed and she covered him with the sheets.
 
“Goodnight Kagome” he kissed her on the cheek and tried to sleep.
 
After a few minutes, Shippo was sleeping and Kagome went to Kohaku's room. He was still awake playing video games.
 
“Time to sleep” she said.
 
“Oh! Come on! I'm about to win this game”
 
“Sorry… they are orders from your brother…”
 
“Is this part of the punishment? Cause normally he wouldn't care”
 
“I don't know if it is… but you have to sleep”
 
“Fine…” he turned off his PS2 and went to bed. “Goodnight Kagome”
 
“Goodnight” she closed his door and went to Sango's room.
 
“So don't bother, I won't die of deception… oh, hi Kagome” Sango took off her headphones.
 
“You sing really nice…”
 
“Thanks… I also play piano but… my teacher is dead” she said getting depressed.
 
“So your mother…”
 
“No, my father used to teach me” she let out a heavy sigh and Kagome smiled sadly at her.
 
“Oh… I'm sorry and I'm also sorry to ruin your fun but it's time to sleep”
 
“I have a bed time too? Inuyasha is so unfair”
 
“I know… but if you turn off the light and you try to be quiet I guess no one will notice the difference”
 
“Thanks Kagome… goodnight” Kagome closed the door and walked back to her room to check on Rin and found Inuyasha on her way.
 
“Are the kids sleeping?” he whispered.
 
“Yeah… all of them”
 
“I'm going to check” he was about to open Sango's door when Kagome stopped him.
 
“But if you were going to check on them why did you sent me?”
 
“You are the nanny and this is your job… besides, I thought that they would get mad at you if you wanted them to sleep early”
 
“Why would you want that?”
 
“Because all they could do on dinner was talk about how wonderful you are…” he said in an annoying tone.
 
“Maybe they would tell you how wonderful you are if you could spent more time with them”
 
“I'm too busy”
 
“You work downstairs and even then you manage to ignore them”
 
“You don't even know what is like to be busy… all you do is take care of the kids”
 
“Well, that's why I get paid!”
 
“Yeah? Well… you don't do it correctly”
 
“What? That's ridiculous… I'm going to sleep” she quickly left to her room; she noticed that Rin was already sleeping and decided to grab an apple for her.
 
`That was close… if he opened the door he would blame me… or Sango and that would make her hate me again… and Inuyasha would be mad at me for giving her that kind of ideas… he seems to be always next to me when I do something behind his back… whatever… I should sleep' she walked to her room and heard someone talking.
 
“I just wanted to apologize since… I was a jerk with you, maybe you're right… the kids don't spent enough time with me and maybe that's the reason I get less of their appreciation… that's all I wanted to say… goodnight” Inuyasha said and went down, he slowly closed the attic door and then bumped with someone.
 
“Sorry…” she started to get nervous.
 
“Don't worry Kagome… Kagome?!? Then… who was up there?”
 
“Huh? What are you talking about?”
 
“I just apologized with someone! Who is up there?”
 
“No one! You must be dreaming… yes, this is a dream now you go back to bed and forget all this by the morning” she pushed him over to his room but he grabbed her hand.
 
“Fuck that!” he went upstairs, still holding her hand and went up the attic. “There's someone up here and I'm about to find out who!”
 
Inuyasha pulled out the blanket and he found…
 
 
 
 
A/N: sorry for the late update I got some troubles with my computer so I had to get it repaired. Thank god the chapters weren't deleted… anyway! Review please!!! =)