InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ sweet moments ruined by dinner ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What are you talking about?” Kagome asked.
 
“Who is she?!?” he pointed at Rin.
 
“Oh… you're gonna laugh about this…” she giggled nervously and he smiled.
 
“I'm listening” he became serious again.
 
“Okay… so, yesterday when you told me to take the kids to the park someone tried to steal my wallet and… this girl helped me and since she had no other place to go… I invited her”
 
“You invited a stranger into MY house?”
 
“Yeah… it's just that she's alone… I couldn't let her all by herself in that dangerous park”
 
“Why didn't you ask me?!?”
 
“Because I thought you will go insane just like right now”
 
“I… you…” he looked at the girl. “Would you mind leaving us alone for a second?”
 
“Sure… I'm taking my clothes to Kagome's room, nice to meet you” she grabbed the bags and left.
 
“You see? How could you leave such a sweet girl in the streets?”
 
“Are you fucking insane?!?! She could be dangerous!”
 
“In which way? How can a 9 year old girl be dangerous… honestly?”
 
“Why the fuck didn't you tell me?!?”
 
“Can you stop swearing? Shippo might hear you… and I already told you that I knew that you will go insane”
 
“You are too fucking right!”
 
“Stop swearing! How can you manage to be this rude?”
 
“I already told you… you got a stranger into my house! And on top of that you didn't ask me if you could first! You're just making things worse! You're a disaster…”
 
“I know what comes next… you're going to fire me… in that case I'm going to my room to pack… don't worry, I'll be out of here by tomorrow morning” she left the room and he sighed.
 
“Honey what's wrong? I heard someone yelling” Kikyo asked entering his room.
 
“Just a little fight with Kagome” he sighed again.
 
“You finally threw that girl out of the house?”
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing… what happened?”
 
“Something I need to take care of now…”
 
“Inuyasha… remember that we have to tell your brothers about our engagement”
 
“Right… we'll talk about this later”
 
Inuyasha went to her room and before he went up he heard her crying.
 
“Everything is my fault… he wouldn't be mad at me right now, all I did was bringing him more problems… I'm just an idiot… everything would be better if I leave… this is the best” she sobbed.
 
“No, it's not” Inuyasha entered to her room.
 
“Don't say a thing… I know it's not true so… I'll leave right now” he grabbed her arm.
 
“Everything is right in this house since you stepped on it”
 
“No, all I do is bring more troubles” he hugged her.
 
“Don't cry… you can't imagine how beautiful you look when you smile” he cleaned a tear off her cheek.
 
“But… I really have to go… you're right, I'm just a big disaster”
 
“I really don't know why I said that… but I regret it, Kagome… you're everything for… for me” he whispered and she got surprised.
 
“What do you mean?” she blushed.
 
“Kagome…I li…”
 
“Come, I'll show you my new clothes” Rin yelled before entering the room and Kagome and Inuyasha quickly broke apart. “Sorry I didn't mean to interrupt anything”
 
“What makes you think you did?” Kagome blushed even more and smiled.
 
“Hi Inuyasha… Rin was going to show me her new clothes” Shippo said climbing up Kagome's room.
 
“So… now that we have everything cleared up… I'm going to work”
 
“Thanks Inuyasha” he smiled at her and left.
 
“Do you like my brother?” Shippo asked.
 
“No… he's just my boss… now if you excuse me, I'm going downstairs” Kagome left.
 
“She does like him…” Rin said taking off the tag of a t-shirt.
 
“Do you think my brother likes her too?”
 
“Yeah… a little, but they need some help”
 
“I know… they will never admit it”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was down at the kitchen, still feeling the warm of his arms around her. `He wants me to stay… for him… he likes me! It means that the shoes where meant to be mine… on my next day off I'll buy them… I can't believe he likes me! I know he does… even though he hasn't said so... I can't believe it! I'm so happy…' she heard the phone ringing.
 
“Hello? Tsurugi family”
 
“Hi babe, how are you?” she smiled at the sound of that voice and frowned a little at the sound of that horrible nickname.
 
“Don't call me babe… how's Brazil Kouga?”
 
“It's beautiful… but it would be even more beautiful if you were here with me”
 
“Wow… you're so sweet” Inuyasha entered the kitchen.
 
“I just came to grab a glass of water and… who are you talking to?” he asked curious.
 
“It's Kouga… and how is the championship?”
 
“Pretty easy… I've won three matches till now”
 
“That's great…”
 
“Okay, hand me the phone” Inuyasha commanded and she gave him the phone. “Kouga, how are you?”
 
“Good… everything is good… I just came back from a game”
 
“Great…”
 
“Yeah… can you give the phone back to Kagome? I want to tell her something”
 
“You know what? She just left” he looked at Kagome.
 
“Oh… well, I'll call later… see you brother”
 
“Bye…” he hung up.
 
“What did he say?”
 
“He said he'll call later” he grabbed a beer from the fridge.
 
“You shouldn't be drinking beer right now…”
 
“Why? I always have beer at this time…” he sipped some.
 
“It's not good… and besides what if the kids took your beer and drank it?”
 
“I would punish them…” she looked at him and placed her arms on her waist. “But I guess I could drink it after dinner…”
 
“Thanks…” she smiled and headed to the kitchen door.
 
“Where are you going?”
 
“To the backyard, I'm picking up some peaches… Kaede said they would be perfect for dessert”
 
“Do you need some…”
 
“Inuyasha! Where are you! You have a phone call” Kikyo yelled.
 
“Thanks… but you have a call” Kagome smiled at him and left.
 
“Who is it Kikyo?” he entered to his study room.
 
“It's Hojo…” she handed him the phone.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi mister Tsurugi, I got a call from your lawyer earlier… I'm invited to your party?”
 
“Yeah… I'm having a small celebration for my new deal with certain company and well, I thought you might like to come and we can have a little chat about our legal problems…”
 
“Okay, mister Tsurugi… I guess I could go… see you this Friday”
 
“Thank you, bye…” he hung up. “Jerk…”
 
“Is he coming?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Inuyasha, I was thinking that maybe we could announce our engagement too… but of course we have to tell your brothers first”
 
“Yeah, I have to think about it…”
 
“What? About telling it to your brothers or to announce it on the party?”
 
`Both…' he thought. “I really need to think about it... I mean the party thing”
 
“Okay, honey… I'm going for a while to my room so… I'll be down for dinner”
 
“Keh…” Kikyo left the room and went to hers, Naraku was waiting for her there and she closed the door behind her.
 
“So when are you marrying him?”
 
“We still haven't settled a date… but I'm sure we will marry as soon as possible”
 
“And then you will just leave him and we'll keep his money”
 
“We? I'm sorry you are mistaken… I will take his money and if you're lucky you can stay with me…”
 
“Miss Higurashi, you're really mean” he kissed her and immediately stopped.
 
“Why did you stopped?”
 
“Someone might enter the room” she walked to the door and locked it.
 
“We have half an hour… let's do whatever I want and try to keep me quiet”
 
“I can do that…” he kissed her again.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome went back to her room and found Rin trying on her new clothes.
 
“Hi Kagome… do you think this is nice?”
 
“Yeah…” she smiled.
 
“What is going to happen with me?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Inuyasha found out that I am in here… is he going to throw me on the streets?”
 
“I will never let him do something like that to you… and if he wants you to leave the house… he will have to throw me too”
 
“You mean it?”
 
“Of course… but to make sure, I'm going to ask him”
 
“Ask him if he likes you too” she mumbled.
 
“I think you're a little confused…” she said and went to Inuyasha's study room.
 
“Hi Kagome, can I do anything for you?”
 
“I was wondering… what are you going to do with Rin?”
 
“I still haven't decided where she should stay… on your room or in Sango's”
 
“Oh thank you so much!” she hugged him, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and they blushed. “I'm sorry…”
 
“So I guess you want her to stay at your room?” he said looking away.
 
“Yeah…” she smiled.
 
“Dinner is ready!” Myoga yelled.
 
“I'll go tell Rin the good news and… come with her downstairs to eat” she left.
 
Everyone was already sitting on the dinner table. Kikyo arrived a few minutes later and sat next to Inuyasha, when Kagome sat with Rin, Kikyo looked at Rin furiously.
 
“What's this?” she pointed at Rin.
 
“This is Rin, she will live with us”
 
“Inuyasha, you can't do this! There's already too many bra… kids in this house”
 
“So? one more won't hurt…”
 
“I really don't like this and I think that she should leave” Kikyo said and Rin was really sad.
 
“I'm sorry Miss Kikyo but I think that's Inuyasha's decision” Kagome said.
 
“I'm sorry darling but she's right… and I say she can stay”
 
“Okay” she stood up. “Then I guess we can tell them what is going to happen with us”
 
“What is she talking about Inuyasha?” Sango asked.
 
“He didn't tell you? Your brother and I are engaged” she said proudly.