InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the man at the grocery store ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On Thursday night, the kids boiled the water, they were planning to give everyone tea but they will give the special tea to Kikyo. They heard someone coming in and hid behind the table.
 
“Eugh… what's that smell?” Kagome asked and covered her nose.
 
“It's a science experiment” Shippo explained.
 
“Oh… you should trying doing it outside, Myoga is going to die when he smells his kitchen” she grabbed a glass of water and left.
 
“That was close…” Rin came out.
 
“Do you think it was a good idea to place the beans in water for such a long time?” Kohaku asked to his sister.
 
“I don't know… but we have to try”
 
“Kids, go to the dinning room… I'm going to serve dinner” Myoga said.
 
“Okay, but Myoga there's this water that I have for a project so don't do anything to it” Sango said.
 
“Fine, just go to the dinning room” everyone went and sat on their chairs.
 
“Are you done with your science experiment?” Kagome asked sitting.
 
“Kind of… I just have to test it” everyone giggled.
 
“Inuyasha, do you think that tomorrow I have to wear my engagement ring or you will place it on my finger when we announce it?” Kikyo asked.
 
“I think it will be better that you keep your ring on…” Inuyasha said and shortly after their meals came; after everyone finished their meals Sango went to the kitchen.
 
“So I read at this magazine that drinking tea after dinner eliminates every calories you've ate… so why don't we try it?” Sango said and gave everyone a cup of tea. “And this one is for our future sister in law… I regret everything I said when I found out about your engagement… I know that its is going to be good”
 
“Oh… thank you” Kikyo said and drank some of her tea. “Well, I think it tastes a little… weird but it's good… it needs a little bit more of sugar” she placed six spoons of sugar.
 
“This is very nice from you Sango” Inuyasha said and drank some of his tea. “It tastes pretty good for me”
“Well, I'm feeling a little tired… so I think I will have mine at my room, good night everyone” Kagome left.
 
`He invited me to that party but… I have nothing I could wear, I don't know what I could do that night… maybe I could go to Eri's house… or Ayame's… it doesn't matter what I do… all I want is not to think about Inuyasha…' she sighed and changed to her pajamas.
 
“Tomorrow is going to be so much fun! It's my first day of school and I'm going to my first formal party” Rin said excited and laid on her bed.
 
“Don't get too excited or you won't be able to sleep”
 
“I'm going to wear that beautiful white skirt and that pink strapless shirt you bought me… what about you?”
 
“I'm not going…”
 
“Why not? Is it because Inuyasha is engaged?”
 
“No… I just have nothing to wear”
 
“But you could go buy something tomorrow…”
 
“No, I really don't want to go… and it's almost 22 you have to sleep… goodnight” she kissed her forehead and Kagome went down to make sure the kids were sleeping.
 
“Sango, you have to sleep” she saw her brushing her hair.
 
“Okay, but only because tomorrow Kuranoske is coming… his father was invited and he is coming just for me!”
 
“That's great… but you still have to go to school tomorrow”
 
“Fine… goodnight Kagome”
 
She went to Kohaku's room and he was already sleeping, then she went to Shippo's.
 
“Kagome, I'm really tired” he yawned.
 
“Then I suggest you to sleep”
 
“But I can't without you with me” she sat next to him. “Okay, now I can… goodnight” Kagome kissed his forehead before leaving and bumped with someone on her way.
 
“I'm sorry; I was just going back to my room”
 
“And I wanted to talk to you… you are coming to tomorrow's party, right?”
 
“I just have a phone call from a friend and she wants me to help her with this thing and I was thinking about taking Friday night off”
 
“You can't”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because… I want you to look at the kids, I will talk with some business associates and I don't want the kids to ruin everything”
 
“But I have nothing to wear”
 
“You can buy something tomorrow… goodnight”
 
`I don't care if you want me there… I won't, it would be too painful for me to watch you with your girlfriend so happy… I will just flee when you're distracted' she thought and went to sleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After the kids were gone, Kagome helped everyone arranging the living room. They cleaned everyplace of it and started preparing some snacks for the guests. When the kids came they ran to their rooms to change, then Inuyasha arrived and went to check their pockets and everything so they wouldn't ruin everything.
 
“Okay, you guys are clean… the party starts in an hour, so you can do whatever you want till its time… go” they went to their rooms. “Kagome, I think it will be better for you to get changed”
 
“You know what? I just sent my dress to the drycleaner… so I have to pick it up, see you later” Kagome left and reentered the house by the kitchen door and once she made sure Inuyasha left the living room she ran to her room.
 
“Hey Kagome, do you think I look nice?” Rin asked.
 
“Yeah… completely”
 
“What did Inuyasha say when you told him you were not going to the party?”
 
“I don't know… I didn't tell him”
 
“This could bring some troubles”
 
“If he asks you… you haven't seen me”
 
“Okay… I'm going to Shippo's room”
 
“Have fun tonight”
 
“I'll try” Rin left and Kagome changed her dirty jeans to a t-shirt and shorts, she tied her hair in a ponytail and started reading a magazine.
 
An hour later the guests were starting to arrive and the kids went down, since Kouga wasn't around Sango tried on her new dress, it was a black strapless dress with that was ten fingers above her knee and had some pink details on it. She went down and found Kuranoske there already, she breathed deeply and went next him.
 
“Sango, you look… hot!” he said traveling his eyes around her body.
 
“I bought it a few days ago… and this is the first day I try it on”
 
“So you save it just for me?”
 
“Kind of… and because Kouga didn't let me use it”
 
“And where's your brother? I haven't seen him on school”
 
“He left to his tennis championship… I hope he wins”
 
“I bet he will so about our date… when are you free?”
 
“Next weekend… or right now”
 
“Great, would you like to go for dinner?”
 
“I have to ask my brother… but I guess I could”
 
“Awesome… let's go”
 
“Sango!” Kohaku grabbed her. “What about Kikyo's prank?”
 
“Right…” she went next to Kuranoske. “Why don't we go after this?”
 
“Very good… and I can change my clothes”
 
The doorbell sound and Inuyasha went to pick it.
 
“Mister Tsurugi, how nice to see you…”
 
“Just call me Inuyasha, come in please” Hojo entered the house.
 
“Very nice place you have”
 
“Thank you, may I talk to you in private?”
 
“Of course” they entered to Inuyasha's study room. “What is it?”
 
“I wanted to talk about our legal problems and maybe we could come out with a solution”
 
“Oh… yes, all I demand is a 50% of the company… after all, my father helped to build it”
 
“Yeah but you see… it's that my father just asked your father some money”
 
“I know but that money is more than 3000 dollars and since he hasn't paid it… I think it's more what you owe me” Inuyasha heard someone knocking.
 
“Excuse me, Inuyasha it's time for… you know what”
 
“I'll be right there… is…”
 
 
“No, the nanny is not there yet”
 
“Okay, well… Hojo I have an announcement to do so I think we could continue this conversation later”
 
“Very well…” they went out of the room.
 
Everyone had a glass of champagne and Kikyo went a little bit high on the stairs so everyone could hear her.
 
“As you may now, I'm Kikyo Higurashi… my father was Ken Higurashi and he was owner of the Higurashi enterprises, famous for making the bests electronic devices… and today I'm proud to announce that…” she farted. “I'm sorry… the stairs are kind of old”
All the kids giggled.
 
“As I was saying…” again, she farted. “I think that maybe we should repair this, I'll say this fast before this stairs interrupt me again…” she heard everyone murmur and she blushed. “I'm proud to say that I and Inuyasha Tsurugi are engaged”
 
Everyone started clapping and they heard some noises again.
 
“Now if you excuse me I'm going to call a repair man to fix this stairs” she quickly left but as she ran upstairs she farted and the kids exploded in giggles.
 
“That was perfect…”
 
“I wish Kagome could have come down to hear it” Rin said and unfortunately someone heard her.
 
“Kagome is upstairs?” Inuyasha asked getting angry.
 
“No, I meant… yes” Rin said defeated.
 
“I'll be right back” Inuyasha went to Kagome's room and entered to her room without even knocking. “Why aren't you downstairs or even dressed?”
 
“I have nothing to wear and I told you I didn't want to go to that stupid party”
 
“You're coming downstairs with me whether you like it or not!” he grabbed her hand and pulled her downstairs.
 
“Hey! You might be my boss but I decide what I do here!” she whispered on his ear and was about to go up when someone grabbed her hand. “Let me go Inuyasha!”
 
“Kagome?” a man with chocolate hair said.
 
“It's you…” she said amazed with a big smile resting upon her lips.
 
“Kagome, I'm sorry I didn't give you my name before… I'm Hojo”
 
 
 
 
A/N: I have nothing good to say so… review please!!! =)