InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ first date ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I can't believe you are here… what are you doing here?” Kagome smiled widely.
 
“Excuse me? Do you know each other?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I met this lovely lady a few days ago” Kagome felt flattered by the compliment and blushed lightly.
 
“Where?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“At the grocery store, may I ask why are you acting so… overprotective? Is she your sister?” Kagome giggled and even more blushed.
 
“No, heaven forbid… I would be grounded now” Hojo and Kagome laughed as Inuyasha growled lowly. “I'm just working for him…”
 
“Interesting, why don't we go somewhere else so we can get to know each other better?” Hojo offered.
 
“I'd love to but… I'm not dressed for the occasion”
 
“Who cares? We are just going to talk… not to have dinner” Kagome grabbed his arm and left with him to the playroom, Inuyasha just watched them jealous.
 
“What's wrong with you?” Miroku asked him.
 
“Nothing, could you keep an eye on my brothers? I… have to… do… something” he to spy them from outside.
 
“Miroku, have you seen Inuyasha?” Sango asked.
 
“No, but he told me to keep an eye on you…”
 
“That won't be necessary… I'll keep both of my eyes on her” Kuranoske said and grabbed Sango by the waist.
 
“Who are you?”
 
“I'm Kuranoske… a friend of Sango”
 
“Yeah… and now we are going out, bye” she was leaving when he grabbed her arm.
 
“No, you're not… you are still grounded and you can't go out” Sango scoffed.
 
“You are so wrong, I'm going out and you can't stop me” she grabbed Kuranoske's hand when she fell someone grabbing her arm.
 
“He can't… but I can… go to your room and you… you, leave… go to your parents or something” Inuyasha said and Sango ran to her room embarrassed.
 
“I thought you were going to spy Kagome” he looked at him angry.
 
“I said I had to do something…”
 
“Yeah… whatever, what happened?”
 
“I saw you couldn't handle Sango and I thought that I could leave that thing that I had to do for later” he sighed heavily and looked out the window.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“So why are you working here?” Hojo asked as they entered her room.
 
“Well, I just got this job by accident… if you could say that” she sat on her bed and immediately he sat next to her.
 
“And you bought this necklace with what you've earned till now?” hr grabbed her necklace and looked at it closely; he thought it was very beautiful.
 
“No, actually this belonged to my mother… I never met her”
 
“I can't remember my mother… I think she left me and my father when I was 6, she went with some other guy”
 
“I'm so sorry… I never met my dad either… I don't know what happened to them, all my life I've been living in an orphanage until I turned 18”
 
“Well, I guess we have something horrible in common” Kagome giggled dryly.
 
“So, what do you work in?”
 
“I own a model agency… I'm always traveling and looking for any kind of designer that needs some girls”
 
“That's really awesome” she heard someone entering the room.
 
“Oh, I'm really sorry I was just looking for… um… a flashlight” Inuyasha said and started looking through the drawers.
 
“I think we could talk at my secret place” she grabbed Hojo's hand and went to the backyard; Inuyasha spied them through the curtains.
 
“This is the peach tree… and this is my swing, a friend of mine made it just for me” she sat on it and swing slowly.
 
“This is beautiful…” he said and pushed her a little. “And I'm not only talking about the swing or the tree” he whispered on her ear and she blushed.
 
“I think we should go back to the party” she stood up and he grabbed her hand.
 
“Kagome, I think we can meet even more in a place where we can be alone… how about we go out tomorrow night for dinner?” she smiled a little and thought about it.
 
“I have to ask it to…” she remembered she was a big girl and that she could do whatever she wanted, it wasn't like Inuyasha was her father or something. “Never mind… I'll go out with you”
 
“Okay, then I'll pick you up at 20… goodbye for now” he kissed her hand and left, Kagome entered back to the house.
 
`I have a date… I have a date! So I don't have to go with Inuyasha or with Kouga… Hojo is my match… I'm so happy now!' she smiled and found Inuyasha looking through the window. She giggled silently and walked over to him, she was going to enjoy scaring him.
 
“Are you looking for someone?” she asked and Inuyasha jumped a little scared.
 
“I was… I heard some noise and I looked around... I thought it came from the tree” he lied and Kagome hid her smile.
 
“Of course… by the way, I'm taking tomorrow night free”
 
“May I ask why?”
 
“I'm going out and you can't say no because I already agreed and if you say no… I'll invite him for dinner”
 
“Okay, you may have tomorrow night free…” he said defeated.
 
“Thank you… you know what? I think I shouldn't be afraid of you…”
 
“You… are afraid of me?” he arched his brow and she nodded.
 
“I just felt that maybe if I disagreed with you I thought you might fire me but… now that I know that you won't… I guess I can take my free night any night on the week, it's awesome… thanks Inuyasha” she pat him on the shoulder and left.
 
`Dammit! She's going out with Hojo tomorrow… I need something so she doesn't have to go… I know… but I'll need someone else's help…' he thought desperate.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next night, Kagome was getting ready for her date. She was wearing a blue skirt and a light blue shirt, she tried to make her clothes match and she thought that the skirt look better with something of the same color but lighter; she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She brushed her hair and let it down, she placed some lipstick on. After arranging for her big date tonight, Kagome went to the living room to wait for Hojo to arrive.
 
“Someone's going out in a hot date” Sango said as Kagome entered the room.
 
“I'm going out with your brother associate… Hojo?” the younger girl nodded.
 
“He's cute… I hope you have fun tonight”
 
“I think I will…” she heard the doorbell. “I think I should get it… bye”
 
“Have fun” she smiled at her.
 
“Hi Kagome, you look… beautiful” Hojo said and kissed her hand.
 
“Thank you… let's go” she felt someone grabbing her arm.
 
“Leaving so soon?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Yeah, this is my free night…”
 
“Let her have fun Inuyasha, at least for today…” Hojo said and he gave him a very fake smile, he could notice that he was very angry despite his great effort.
 
“I would love to but…” he saw Shippo walking by and grabbed him. “Shippo is sick”
 
“What? But… just this afternoon he was okay” she complained.
 
“Yeah… but now he's sick”
 
“What are you…” Inuyasha covered Shippo's mouth.
 
“If you shut up and pretend to be sick I'll pay you 20 dollars” he whispered on Shippo's ear and he immediately started coughing.
 
“I feel really bad Kagome” he coughed again. “I think I'm going to throw up”
 
“Oh… poor thing” she hugged him and touched his forehead. “You are not warm at all… that's weird”
 
“But… I feel really sick” Kagome sighed defeated.
 
“Hojo, I'm really sorry but… the kids need me” she said.
 
“That's okay, I understand…” Inuyasha smiled. “That's why I'll wait till the kid is sleep and then we can go out”
 
“Really? Oh! Thank you!” she hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. “I'll take him upstairs”
 
“Shippo won't be asleep till… I don't know, 1 or 2 am in the morning… maybe you should leave” Inuyasha suggested.
 
“No, this is girl is worthy of my time…” he smiled.
 
“Okay…” he tried to hide his anger. “I think the least thing I could do is… invite you for dinner”
 
“Thank you…” Hojo smiled triumphantly as Inuyasha cursed him loud enough for him not to hear.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome covered Shippo with a big blanket, coughed a few times and Kagome cuddled him. She smiled at him and she noticed he was getting red. She touched his forehead again and revealed that he still wasn't having fever, she looked at him again and saw him very warm, too warm since he was trying to get out of the blanket, she started being suspicious.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah… I'm just a little hot” he said and pulled away the blankets a little
 
“How weird… when I'm sick, I get really cold… aren't you hiding something from me?” she looked at him closely and he shook his head.
 
“No… I don't think so”
 
“Why don't we try with the thermometer?” she was about to get up to the bathroom and grab the thermometer but he grabbed her and pulled her down.
 
“That won't be necessary…” he said.
 
“Okay, then… I think that I'll have some ice cream…” she said.
 
“I want some!” she smiled and he gave her his pleading eyes.
 
“I'm sorry, but you're sick… and you can't have ice cream” she could see he got very sad.
 
“I'm not sick” he got out of the blanket and jumped on his bed. “My brother told me to pretend to be sick so you could stay… oops”
 
“I knew it… but you will still have ice cream” he went downstairs and ran to the kitchen, Kagome followed him and found Inuyasha on the living room.
 
“Why is Shippo out of bed?”
 
“He's not sick… how weird, huh?”
 
“Yeah… that kid won't get his 20 dollars” he mumbled.
 
“I don't know what you were up to… but I am going out tonight, whether you like it or not” she said as she took out the ice cream of the fridge.
 
“Too late… I already invited your date for dinner” he grinned.
 
“Okay, then I guess we will stay here for dinner… and go out some other day” she rolled her eyes
 
Kagome served Shippo his ice cream and gave him a kiss before she entered to the dinning room. She saw Hojo sitting there, bored, once he heard the footsteps he smiled and stood up.
 
“Is the kid okay?” Hojo asked.
 
“Yeah… it was a false alarm”
 
They served dinner and they ate it quietly. Kikyo soon appeared and Kagome noticed a huge diamond ring on her left hand.
 
“Good evening everybody, I came to have dinner since I was starting to feel a little better” she said and sat.
 
“From your farting scene?” Sango said and everyone laughed, Kikyo blushed embarrassed.
 
“It was the stairs” she said.
 
“And are you going to blame the stairs for that disgusting smell too?” Kohaku said and they laughed again.
 
“That's enough… if she had some stomach troubles that's none of your concern… now eat the rest of your dinner and then you three to your rooms” Inuyasha said.
 
“Okay, anyway it stinks in here” Rin mumbled and they just laughed.
 
“Kids, I think that's enough” Kagome said and she felt Hojo grabbing her hand.
 
“You're so good with kids, it's adorable” she blushed.
 
“So, Hojo… about our little business… what do you say about it?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I need time to think about it… and I have another business to take care of… Kagome, I know you love working here and all but… I think you deserve something better… would you like to work on my office as my secretary?” Kagome gasped very surprised.
 
“Hojo… I…”
 
“She can't!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“And why is that?”
 
“Because… she's my secretary too”
 
 
 
A/N: I'm back to school and since yesterday I kept repeating to myself `I hate school, I hate school…' I totally forgot about updating… (my bad!) so review please!!! =)