InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the new secretary ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What? She's your secretary and your nanny too?” Hojo asked dazed.
 
“Yeah… I just offered her the job since tomorrow I'm going to my father's office” Kagome was too shocked like to deny or to agree in something.
 
“When did you ask her this?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Um… before… Kagome, may I talk to you for a second?”
 
“Okay…” Kagome and Inuyasha walked into the kitchen.
 
“I just want to clear up that… if that guy took you away from the kids, they would never be happy” he said immediately and she sighed heavily.
 
“Is that it?”
 
“Of course…”
 
“Wasn't it because maybe… let's say, someone else wanted me around for him?”
 
“Kouga… he's really not in love with you… you can just forget about him” he looked away.
 
“I wasn't talking about Kouga” she said and went back to the dinning room.
 
`Could it be possible that she knows what I feel? No… she's not psychic… or at least I think so… am I that obvious that she just realized that I like her? No, I think she meant… Shippo! Yeah! She meant Shippo when she said that… I'm going back there and I'll clear this thing up later' he thought and went back next to his fiancé.
 
“Honey, why don't we invite Hojo to our wedding?” Kikyo said.
 
“You two are getting married? Well, congratulations to you two… you make an adorable couple” he smiled and got a very pleasant sensation of lightness, he won't be worrying about Inuyasha anymore.
 
“Well…” some effects of the tea just appeared, Hojo pretended not to laugh but a few chuckles went away, Kikyo blushed again embarrassed. “Um… is this damn chair, so old you know…”
 
“Yeah… so old that you just bought it a week ago” Kagome giggled and took her plate. “Before that old chair starts stinking I'm leaving…” she went to the kitchen.
 
“I'll follow you…” Hojo did the same.
 
“I don't know what could possibly make me this… noisy” she said ashamed.
 
“What did you eat?” Inuyasha asked as he moved away from her a little.
 
“I don't know… just the usual and the tea that… Sango” she deduced.
 
“What about her?”
 
“Oh… nothing, you know a few days ago… your sister was talking to me about a catholic school and I personally think it's a great idea…”
 
“She really mention it?”
 
“Yeah… she said she was too shy to ask you for it but… she wants you to know and I personally think it's a great idea” she grinned.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome woke up early and went to help Kaede downstairs, she told her to clean the kids rooms, Naraku had took them to an amusement park and they were going to be out the whole day. She was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and started arranging everything, when she was in Shippo's room she heard someone knocking the door.
 
“Why aren't you dressed?” Inuyasha asked, he was wearing a black suit with a blue tie.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“Hojo is coming to my office today and since I told him you were my secretary…”
 
“But why didn't you tell me?”
 
“Keh… I forgot… get ready, I'm leaving in 5 minutes” she ran to her room and changed her clothes for a skirt and a tank top. She took her reading glasses and tied her hair in a high pony tail.
 
“Okay, I'm ready” she said.
 
“You use glasses?”
 
“Just when I read… I since I don't do it that too often…”
 
“You look… nice” he looked away, trying not to let her know that he blushed.
 
“Thank you” she smiled and opened the door, he followed her and entered the car.
 
The trip was silent, he didn't turn on the radio and Kagome was getting bored. She decided to turn it on by herself and put it on a radio station she enjoyed. It was playing `deja- vu' she was about sing when he ruined her fun.
 
“I don't like music” he turned it off as soon as the song started playing.
 
“But I am bored…” she turned it on again.
 
“I really don't like music” he turned it off again.
 
“And what am I supposed to do while we go to your office?”
 
“Look a way to entertain yourself” he said.
 
Kagome looked around his car and turned on the AC. She was happy to feel such a freeze air but then he turned it off.
 
“I hate cold…” she sighed.
 
`Its like he's trying to make me bored… or like if was trying to oppose with everything I say or do… if I say white, he would say black… we are so different' she sighed again and opened the window.
 
“I said I hate cold…”
 
“You are like the most boring person I've ever met… no offense”
 
“Why?”
 
“You don't like music; you don't like to open the windows… now you just have to tell me you don't like TV”
 
“I like music but I don't like to listen to the radio”
 
“You know something? There are these magical inventions, they are round and play music, most people buy the ones that have music they like… they are called CDs and I suggest you to get one” she said annoyed and he rolled his eyes.
 
“I don't have time…”
 
“Are you always working or something?”
 
“Yeah… I have to work and to look after my brothers”
 
“But that's why you hired me, right?”
 
“I know… but I still have some other things in mind” he parked. “Okay, here we are”
 
They entered the office, Kagome looked around. It was a beautiful place, it had glass doors and some walls too, it had lots of advertisement they had done in the past and some bamboo plants around it.
 
“Kagome, you look unbelievable” Hojo said and kissed her hand.
 
“Thank you…”
 
“So you like working here?”
 
“Well, this is…”
 
“Is like a dream come true to her…” Inuyasha said. “Now, let's go to my office so we can talk about our little problem”
 
“Okay, see you later Kagome” the two men entered to Inuyasha's new office and closed the door.
 
“And what am I supposed to do in here?” she asked to herself.
 
“Hi, are you new here?” a girl asked her, she had short brown hair and eyes of the same color.
 
“Yeah… I kind of got hired just yesterday”
 
“That's great… I'm Ayumi by the way”
 
“I'm Kagome” the girls shook hands.
 
“So you where hired just yesterday? By who? Inuyasha?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Can I tell you a secret?” she whispered.
 
“Okay”
 
“The first reason I came to work over him was because of his hot cousin”
 
“Cousin?”
 
“Yeah… you got to meet him, but then I met another boy and I'm married now… but once in a while I get to see him around here”
 
“Okay, then tomorrow we'll sign a contract” Inuyasha said as he and Hojo walked out his office.
 
“Yeah, I think that's the best… hi Kagome” he walked next to her.
 
“How was your meeting?”
 
“Awesome… tomorrow we can go for lunch?”
 
“I'd love to” he kissed her hand and left.
 
“You're dating Hojo?!?!” Ayumi asked amazed.
 
“No, he has just been asking me out and today will be kind of our first date”
 
“So… you have date him before?”
 
“No, my date was interrupted when I had to take care of Shippo”
 
“Is he your son? Are you kind of a single mom?”
 
“No, I also take care of Inuyasha's brothers”
 
“You have two jobs or you just do that like for fun?” Kagome giggled.
 
“I told you I got this job by accident”
 
“And what about the nanny thing?” Kagome started remembering her first day.
 
“That was an accident too… even though I'm really happy about it”
 
“I could never work like a nanny… I actually hate kids and from what I've heard… I would never take care of Inuyasha's brothers”
 
“I know they could be a little… naughty but they are really nice, specially Shippo”
 
“Kagome, I need to talk to you… in my office” Inuyasha said and entered his office.
 
“I gotta go” she said and followed him in.
 
“Take a sit” she sat down and so did he.
 
“So, why did you call me here for?”
 
“Well… you might already now that me and Hojo have some legal issues to take care of, we kind of fixed them but… he wants you to work for him”
 
“But I don't want to”
 
“You mean it? You mean you would never leave me… and my family?” she smiled.
 
“No, I like Hojo and all but… work as a secretary is really though, I'm not doing it again”
 
“Sorry but… Hojo is coming tomorrow too”
 
“But tomorrow I have to take the kids to school”
 
“You can come late”
 
“Can you tell me again why am I doing this?”
 
“Because I… want you to… and that's it” he blushed a little and she smiled.
 
“Since he's gone can I at least go home now?”
 
“Okay, you may go… but remember that tomorrow you have to come, oh! And I almost forgot…” he took something out of his pocket. “Here, you can give your number to the kids so in case of an emergency and if I'm not available you can take care of it”
 
“Thanks… I'm leaving now…” she waved at him as she walked out the office.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome entered the house and went to call everyone, she wanted to give the kids her new cell phone number so in case of any emergency they would call her if Inuyasha wasn't available; she took Kohaku out from his psychologist for a second and told everyone else to meet her at the playroom.
 
“Okay guys, so your brother just gave me a cell phone which I will carry almost always so in case of any kind of emergency you can call me”
 
“And we shouldn't call Inuyasha?”
 
“No, my number is just in case Inuyasha isn't available, okay? So write it down…” she started dictating the number and Kohaku and Sango copied it on their cell phones while Shippo and Rin copied it on an agenda.
 
“Is this it? `Cause I was telling my psychologist something important” Kohaku said.
 
“Yeah… you may go now” he ran out the room.
 
“What's he's problem?” Sango asked and Kagome shrugged her shoulders.
 
“I don't know… since today he has been acting really weird”
 
“So Kagome, you know that tomorrow is our last day of punishment right?”
 
“Yeah… so?”
 
“I was thinking that maybe you could help me telling Inuyasha that I'm going out”
 
“Why don't you tell him by yourself?”
 
“Because I'm dating a boy and I don't want to only date him once a month… I really like him and I want to date him like… each day… please?”
 
“I'll tell him you're going out with your friends…” she hugged her. “But you have to come home by 23”
 
“Oh my god! That is so early! No way!”
 
“Please Sango? Look, think about it… I'm risking my job by lying to him and you get mad just because you can't return late…”
 
“Fine… but just tomorrow”
 
“Okay, but next time you are telling him”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After Kagome left the kids in school, she went to Inuyasha's office. She was wearing high heels which were pretty uncomfortable to her since she always used flip flops or sport shoes. She entered the office and found Hojo on her way in.
 
“You look more adorable than yesterday” he kissed her hand.
 
“Thanks…”
 
“After I talk with Inuyasha a little more we will go out for lunch since it's almost 10… but why are you coming so late?” he asked while they walked in.
 
“Oh… I had to take the kids to school and they I came here…” she smiled.
 
“Hojo, I'm glad you are here… Kagome, did you leave the kids at school?”
 
“Yeah… but Kohaku was acting a little weird”
 
“I'll deal with him later” Hojo entered his office and he closed the door.
 
Kagome started playing solitaire on the computer when she started hearing something ringing around there.
 
“Hello?” she picked up the telephone but she just heard the dial tone.
 
“It's not my cell phone, isn't it yours?” Yuka asked.
 
“Oh… I forgot I have one” she quickly took it out of her pocket and answered. “Hello?”
 
“Hi Kagome…” Kohaku said.
 
“Hi… is something wrong? Are you hurt?”
 
“No… but… I need you to come to school”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I told my teacher Inuyasha was sick… and…”
 
“And what?”
 
“I told her you were my aunt…”
 
 
A/N: okay, sorry to disappoint you guys but from now on I'll be updating like past two or three days… =( and I'll try my best to make chapters longer… review please!!! =)