InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ a little mistake ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome was brushing her hair; she went to the salon earlier that day and got her hair straighten up. She placed her necklace and touched it lightly. `Mom, I really need a clear sign this time… something that will help me make up my mind… something that will tell me… who the right guy is… just help me out this time and don't' make me confuse for this once…' She walked out the bathroom and then she saw her own reflection walking down the hall.
 
“Oh my god! What the heck are you wearing!!” Kikyo said pissed.
 
“I bought this dress…”
 
“You could never afford a dress like this one! It cost me 700 dollars!” she was paranoid but breathed in and out a few times “Tell me how much did you pay for it!”
 
“Um… 70 dollars but…”
 
“70 dollars?!?! But they told me this dress is new!”
 
“Um… I found it on a 20% off store…”
 
“They tricked me! I'm so stupid!” she said and Sango walked out her room, she was wearing a black mini dress.
 
“Hey… you guys look like twins… but you look better Kagome” Sango said.
 
“I'm Kikyo!” she yelled angry.
 
“Oops… sorry, I don't know how I could confuse Kagome with you… sorry Kagome”
 
“I'm not going to change!” Kikyo said looking at Kagome.
 
“Um… I'm not going to change either because I…” Kagome said and Kikyo looked at her angrier than ever.
 
“Girls have fun tonight, I'm… ” Kouga said traveling his eyes all around Kagome's body. “Kagome! You look so hot!”
 
“Thanks…” she said blushing furiously.
 
“This is it… I'll look for another outfit” Kikyo left.
 
“Sorry to say this to you but… you look like Kikyo” he whispered on Kagome's ear.
“I know…”
 
“But you look so much better on it…” he looked at her feet and noticed the shoes she bought for her. “I see you really did like them”
 
“I told you I loved them… and I thought they could be perfect for tonight…”
 
“I wish I could stay here… and ask you to dance with me” he sighed.
 
“You already said that you were going out with your friends… go and have fun”
 
“I wish I could but if that guy, that Hojo is coming… I really don't want him placing his hands all over you” Kagome smiled.
 
“Yeah, right… I can take of myself, see you later” she left downstairs.
 
“Is too soon to act jealous…” Sango said and elbowed her brother.
 
“Who said I was jealous?”
 
“C'mon… just admit it Kouga, you love Kagome…”
 
“I don't… I just want her to fall for me like every other girl” he said looking away.
 
“Of course…” she rolled her eyes. “How were you able to recognize them?”
 
“I didn't… I just said Kagome to see who answered and that's how I knew”
 
“Yeah… they are so alike…”
 
“I know… but Kagome is hotter” Sango giggled.
 
“Whatever… and you say you're not in love, see you in a few hours” she kissed him on the cheek and left.
 
`Me? Jealous?' he chuckled. `That is never going to happen… girls are just fun… nothing more… but if Hojo tried to take her away from me I'm going to…' he noticed he was getting mad and decided to stop there. `Maybe I can come an hour before the party is over… just to flirt with her for a while'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo was down with the guests, greeting each one of them and when she saw everyone with a glass of champagne she decided to make the big announcement.
 
“Attention everyone… you all know that we invited you here for a special reason, well… I'm glad to say that my engagement with Inuyasha Tsurugi is now official…” everyone clapped. “And I want to add that… we will be getting married in just a month”
 
“Well… not exactly…” Inuyasha said and Kikyo stared at him furiously.
 
“Inuyasha, what are you talking about?” she whispered as she kept a big smile on her face, pretending everything was alright.
 
“Kikyo and I haven't settled a date yet… we are still thinking about it but we are 100% sure that we will marry this year” everyone clapped. “So… cheers!”
 
“Cheers!” they said and drank some of their champagne and kept on talking.
 
“Inuyasha! Why did you say that!” she hissed.
 
“Kikyo, I told you that I'm not ready to marry yet… I want the kids to get used to us…”
 
“We have been dating for ten years now! They should be used by now…”
 
“Kikyo, you barely know them…”
 
“But I'll get to know them better when I become your wife…” she pouted.
 
“Can we please… not talk about this here?”
 
“Oh sure… just avoid it like always” she left furiously and entered the playroom, there she found Naraku smoking.
 
“Long night?”
 
“You wouldn't believe… he's hesitating about our engagement”
 
“Tell him some stupid lie… just make up something and the sooner he marries you the sooner we can leave this awful place and live in a big house on France… with his money” she took his cigarette away.
 
“This is going to take more time than I imagined… but at least I got you” she got near to him and kissed him.
 
“Kikyo… you taste so good” he said making the kiss deeper, then Kikyo's cell phone started ringing.
 
“Hold on…” she pulled apart and answered. “Hello?”
 
“Miss Higurashi… is nice to hear your voice”
 
“Hakudoshi, this better be good…” she said annoyed and he chuckled a little.
 
“It is… please, come to your backyard” he knocked on the window and they saw Hakudoshi out there.
 
Kikyo and Naraku walked out to the backyard.
 
“Ah… Naraku, good to see you again brother”
 
“The same Hakudoshi”
 
“So what did you find out?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Her grandparents… are alive… I had to ask the neighbors about them… they live on a shrine and the only way to find out who this girl is… is with an especial jewelry…”
 
“What kind of jewelry?” Naraku asked interested.
 
“I couldn't find out about that… but I do know that your father bought it a few years ago at this store” he handed her a piece of paper with the name on it.
 
“Tiffany and co.? he bought it for this stupid girl at Tiffany and co.?” Kikyo said amazed.
 
“Apparently… if you want me to, I will find out more about this”
 
“Of course I want you to find out! Why do you think I'm paying you for?!?!” she yelled annoyed and left followed by her lover.
 
“Yeah…” he sighed and left.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome went downstairs but when she saw Kikyo there she ran to the kitchen, she didn't want to be seen just like her. She sat on a chair and sighed heavily. `Here I am with a gorgeous dress, looking terrific and… I have to hide… I wish he could see what I'm wearing… I bet he will love it and will tell me that I look so much better than that copy cat of his girlfriend… like if that will ever happen…' she sighed again. She then heard some foot steps approaching to her and saw Shippo and Rin.
 
“Kagome, what are you doing in here? You were supposed to be out there showing your dress to Inuyasha” Rin said.
 
“Excuse me?” she blushed. “I just didn't feel like going to the party… that's all”
 
“Then why did are you wearing the dress?” Shippo asked.
 
“Because…” she sighed. “Okay, you got me… is just that Kikyo is wearing the same dress and… I don't want to look like her”
 
“Kagome we all know you look so much better than that witch…” Rin said sitting next to her.
 
“Yeah, I mean you're nice and beautiful and she's just an ugly skinny girl” Shippo said and Kagome giggled.
 
“Thanks you guys…” she hugged them. “But I still don't want to go out there”
 
“Then… I guess we can do anything we want!” Shippo said.
 
“Yeah! Let's bug the party guests!” they ran out the room and Kagome sighed.
 
`Why don't these kids just quit?' she followed them out.
 
“Brats! Get back here!” she said playfully and someone grabbed her hand.
 
“There you are Kikyo… I was looking for you… I was starting to get worried” Inuyasha said and took her out to dance.
 
“But I…” she said and he placed one of his hands on her hips and with the other one grabbed her hand and started dancing with her.
 
“Were the kids bothering you? Because I told Kagome to look after them… in fact, I haven't seen her in the whole night…” he said looking around.
 
“Well… you are…”
 
“Anyway, I don't know why you stormed off the room like that… I think you are mad for what I said up there… right?” she just looked at him and he smiled.
 
“I…”
 
“You don't have to answer… I know you are, I know you too well like not to know when you are mad…”
 
“Actually…”
 
“I know you want the wedding soon but… I want the kids to get used to all of this” she sighed.
 
“Listen…”
 
“I know what you're going to say… `We've been dating ten years now…' I know that and you know I know that but I just want to get some things clear first…” she was about to talk when placed a finger on her mouth.
 
“Don't say a thing…sorry, you are getting mad at me again… just… forgive me” he leaned his face near to hers and before Kagome could realize it, she was kissing her boss.
 
 
A/N: sorry for the short chapter, I was just having some fun with my cousin and she didn't let me write… she just wanted to go play… =P (review please!!!)