InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ the missing heiress ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome and Hojo were sitting on the couch, it has been a week since what happened between them and now they were a couple, sort of since Kagome didn't know that Hojo was married and that was about to have a kid. Inuyasha and Kikyo were busy searching for things for their wedding, Kikyo was really excited but Inuyasha didn't have the same spirit.
 
“Why don't we go out tonight? Tomorrow starts the fashion week and I want us to have one last date” Hojo said kissing her hand lightly and she smiled.
 
“I would love to but remember that today I was supposed to take care of the kids… and I had like three nights free and I believe Shippo and Rin are missing me” she said as she played with her necklace.
 
“Not to mention the brat who has a crush on you” he said and she frowned.
 
“He's not a brat, he's 18… and how many times do I have to tell you not to be jealous about him? He's just a friend…” she said and lay on his chest.
 
“Kagome, you should be upstairs looking after Shippo and Rin… what if they are making a mess?” Inuyasha said a little jealous and she sighed.
 
“Break time is over… I'll be right back honey” she kissed him lightly and went upstairs.
 
“Inuyasha!” Sango yelled and came running from upstairs. “Can I please have a party for my 16 b-day?”
 
“Sango, we have talked about this and considering what happened the last time you guys had a party…”
 
“Oh! Please! I'll promise I'll be good this time… besides all my friends are having one and I feel like a dork just sitting at their parties while they have all the fun and the gifts and…”
 
“Fine! Just… stop talking” she placed a kiss on his cheek and hugged him.
 
“Oh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Can I do it next month? Since it is my birthday and all…”
 
“Okay, do whatever you want… but nothing big… no strangers like last time” she smiled.
 
“Of course… thanks again bro!” she kissed him again and left.
 
“It's nice to see you are a family man… it would make things easier when you and Miss Higurashi marry” Hojo said smirking.
 
“That really isn't your business… and I hope this stupid thing ends up faster than I want it to, I don't want her hurt”
 
“She's just going to walk up and down… afraid someone might discover her talent?” Inuyasha gave him a cold stare.
 
“I meant if she twists her ankle… and no, Kikyo might have the body of a model but she had more brain than to work in something like that”
 
“Inuyasha! I want you to take me over there so everyone can see us as a happy couple… you will, right?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Yeah… of course I will hun” he nodded and she smiled.
 
“Thanks… see you in a few hours” she left followed by Naraku.
 
“I think I might check Kagome to help her with her outfit for our date tonight, I can't believe we are already dating for a week” Hojo said.
 
“Yeah… I pity her” he mumbled and grinned.
 
“Inuyasha, oh… hi Hojo” Kouga said a little furious, he didn't like the guy or the fact that every time Kouga was with Kagome he had to interrupt them.
 
“What's wrong Kouga?”
 
“I was just wondering if I could go out tonight…”
 
“Why not? You don't have your punishment anymore…”
 
“Yeah but… I wanted to take the car” he asked with a small smile.
 
“Hell no… you're just going to crash it like you did with mom's BMW”
 
“That was a long time ago… I was like, what? 12?”
 
“I still don't trust you enough…” Inuyasha said watching as the girl of his dreams came from downstairs.
 
“Hi Kagome, aren't you going to take care of me tonight?” Kouga joked and she smiled at him.
 
“You're going out… and I'll be waiting for you here so I can get you to bed and give you your goodnight kiss” she replied and Hojo frowned.
 
“Then I'll be returning early tonight… see you later” he kissed her on the cheek and left.
 
“Inuyasha, the kids are just making their homework… can I have the night free?” Kagome said when Kouga was out of there.
 
“No, I have to go out tonight with Miroku and Kaede has the night free”
 
“Then can Naraku do it? Please?” she asked with a puppy face.
 
`Damn! She does know how to change my mood… okay, just try to ignore her… just pretend she is… she's so damn adorable! ' he thought as a small smile slid his lips. `I can't do this! Make something up quickly!'
 
“No, he's going to drive Kikyo to the mall and she won't be returning till 22” he explained and she sighed defeated.
 
“Okay… then I guess Hojo and I can have dinner here, isn't that great hun?” she asked to Hojo who was still on the couch.
 
“Yeah, I mean if your boss doesn't mind” she looked at Inuyasha.
 
“Do you?”
 
`Of course you do! Tell her the truth idiot! That you know that you kissed her and that you love her! Just drop the bitch you call a girlfriend and she will drop that jackass and you two can live happily ever after!' he sighed.
 
“No, I don't mind…you can stay here…” she hugged him.
 
“Oh… thanks Inuyasha, I owe you one” she gave him a small kiss on the cheek and she blushed furiously.
 
“Don't mention it…” he grinned as he watched her so called boyfriend eying them jealous.
 
“I'll be ready in 5” Kagome left the room and went to hers, Inuyasha left too and heard Hojo's phone ringing.
 
“Hello?” he heard him answer; he decided to stay behind the study room door to hear what he was doing. “Hi love, are you okay today?”
 
“Love?” Inuyasha whispered and concentrated on his conversation.
 
“Oh… I'm sorry Yuka but I have a lot of work to do tonight so I'll be going home after 1 am…”
 
“Yuka?! Is he…” he stopped and kept on listening.
 
“I know you miss me and I know you want to show me the echography but that will have to wait, okay? I love you, bye” he hung up and went to the bathroom.
 
“That bastard is with a pregnant woman and he still has the nerve like to date Kagome?!?!” he whispered furiously and sat on his couch.
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked entering his study room. “I heard some noises and I… got worried” she blushed a little.
 
“Kagome, if you knew something about my girlfriend that would make me die on the inside… you would tell me… right?” he said and she looked at him confused.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“I know something about your… boyfriend” he said and sighed.
 
“What kind of thing?”
 
“It's just that… he is…”
 
“Kagome, there you are… I was starting to get worried” Hojo said and kissed her forehead.
 
“I just came to see Inuyasha and he said he had something really important to tell me…”
 
“Really? Let's hear it…” Hojo challenged him and Inuyasha looked at him furiously.
 
`Here are your options, #1 you can tell Kagome and let this bastard look like what he really is and make Kagome cry because… the guy she likes is married…' he sighed. `or #2, you can keep the secret and watch her as she leaves your study room with that sweet smile you love that much plastered on her lips but keeping the wrong man… so how is it going to be?' his mind asked.
 
“That can wait… you guys may go now” he said faking a smile, Kagome didn't buy it but she decided to leave this for later.
 
“Okay…” she just stared at him for another second before she left him. `What could he be thinking of?'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Miroku and Inuyasha went to the most expensive restaurant in town. Miroku invited Inuyasha since he thought his friend was working too hard and since his wedding was soon he wanted to give him a nice bachelor party.
 
“I thought your hentai mind disappeared when you started dating… what was her name again?”
 
“Tory and we broke up about a month ago”
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
“But I at least I got the chance to taste her abilities” he said.
 
“You mean…” Inuyasha saw a big grin in Miroku's face. “You perverted bastard, at least she's now free from you”
 
“I'm going to miss her… and now I should get another secretary”
 
“What happened to Kasumi?”
 
“Well… she was getting too into me” he said.
 
“God… do you have to sleep with every girl you see?”
 
“No, just pretty ones…” he chuckled and so did Inuyasha.
 
“You're unbelievable… and you were planning the same thing with Kagome” he mumbled but he heard him.
 
“She's something different… I can't explain it but… when I met her I felt like if I had to met her better first” Inuyasha raised an eyebrow.
 
“I'm glad she didn't fall for that stupid sense you call charm” Miroku chuckled.
 
“She was the first…” he sighed. “Unfortunately now, I have true feelings for another girl”
 
“This is interesting… what's her name?” Inuyasha asked and their meals arrived. “Thanks”
 
“I can't really tell you… this isn't private or anything is just… awkward” Miroku said eating some from his plate.
 
“Why? I'm your best friend… we have been telling each other things since we were 9…”
 
“This is very different, but I guess I can tell you what I feel for this girl”
 
“Okay, begin… how old is she?” Miroku gulped nervously.
 
“Age isn't important”
 
“Have you and her… you know” he said and Miroku shook his head. “No?! Okay, now I think this girl is the one”
 
“She's out of reach, because of her age, for what we share and because I rejected her because she misunderstood my actions… of course I didn't realized I felt something for her after I did it” he sighed.
 
“Well, why don't you try to make things up with her? I bet that if she feels the same she will give you a second chance”
 
“It's more complicated than what you think… she and I… can never be, she's someone that I had known my whole life and… to be with her like this would be… awkward”
 
“And what about her age? How young is she?”
 
“She's… really young” Miroku said having some of his coke.
 
“Okay, my only advice would be to try to get her… she seems something really special to you and if you are willing to change for her… go for it” Inuyasha said taking the last bite of his food.
 
“Thanks man” he smiled. `If only you knew that the girl we are talking about is about Sango…' he sighed.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After a long night of checking again and again her father's documents, Kikyo returned home defeated. She saw Hojo and Kagome on the couch; they had fallen asleep as they were watching a movie. Kikyo exanimate them to make sure they were really sleeping.
 
“I thought they might be already upstairs” Naraku whispered on her ear and hugged her by the waist.
 
“Yeah… just try not to make so much noise” she kissed him lightly on the lips. “You go upstairs while I turn off the TV”
 
Naraku nodded and left. Kikyo grabbed the remote but couldn't help but to notice something shinny on Kagome's neck. There she saw, the Shikon jewel lying on her neck. `No! It can't be! Someone so idiot like her can't have this precious jewel in her power! This must be fake or something!' she searched through her pockets and took out the picture of it; it was the original piece since she noticed that it had the same lavender color. Kikyo was about to shriek in horror but hold it, she entered to her room and she and Naraku couldn't help to notice that she was horrified.
 
“What's wrong?” Naraku asked.
 
“The girl that takes care of the kids…” she said.
 
“You mean Kagome?” she nodded.
 
“That… that… that... trash!” she raised her voice a little.
 
“What about Kagome?” he asked curious.
 
“She… is the missing heiress” he looked at her shocked.
 
 
A/N: sorry for the short chapter but the ideas flooded away from my mind when I started planning things for my b-day…and now I'm off to buy shoes for my dress… review please!!! =)