InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ lonely ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome went to Eri's house, she thought that it was the only place she could till she found a new apartment and a new job. She had some money at the bank and she was going to buy a new apartment. Eri opened the door lazily and gasped when she found her friend with a bag.
 
“Can I stay here for a while?” Kagome asked giving her a small smile.
 
“Oh… Kagome, what happened?”
 
“I couldn't stay there longer… that's all I'll say” Kagome said.
 
Eri could notice that her eyes were red, which meant that she had cried. She decided not to ask her, she assumed that she had suffered a lot and that she would better ask her on the morning.
 
“Okay, come… I'll take you to your room” Eri took her to the extra room she had, Kagome laid there.
 
“Thank you so much for this Eri” Kagome said and hugged her tightly.
 
“No problem… but we'll talk on the morning” she said Kagome nodded.
 
“Okay, good night” she said and Eri closed the door.
 
Kagome placed her head against the pillow and tried to sleep but all she could do was think about him. `I don't want to think about you anymore, I don't want to see you anymore… if I keep this going I will just suffer… but I can't stop thinking about you and about how much I love you… but I can't keep on loving you… all I'll get will be sighs and tears… I have to get you out of my mind… some way… I hate you Inuyasha… I hate you because I love you so much and I can't be with you…' she thought as she left a long sigh out and a tear roll down her cheek.
 
“And I hate myself even more… for being so weak and fall for you” she said and cried silently.
 
`I hope I can forget you soon… I wouldn't be able to hold this for a long time but I have to try… for you… and for your baby…' she thought and fell asleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next morning, Inuyasha woke up and felt empty. He entered the kitchen and found Myoga serving breakfast as always and Kaede placing the plates on the table. She helped Myoga with serving juice and then she saw Inuyasha.
 
“Good morning mister Inuyasha, sleep well?” she asked smiling at him.
 
“A little… where are the kids?”
 
“Sleeping… I was waiting for Kagome to wake them up but it seems that she is sleeping too…”
 
“How weird… she should be awake by now…” he said as he sat on his seat to eat his breakfast.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kouga yelled coming from upstairs. “Where is she?!? Where's Kagome?!?”
 
“What are you talking about? She's on her bed sleeping” he said as he grabbed his cup of coffee.
 
“Don't lie to me! What did you do to her!” he yelled again.
 
“She's on her bed…”
 
“No! I looked for her there and she's not!” Inuyasha's eyes widened.
 
“She's… she's gone?!?!” he asked desperate.
 
Inuyasha and Kouga ran outside, hoping she was at the peach tree as always. They found nothing there except for the chair that was swinging softly due to the wind.
 
“Are you sure she's not on the bathroom?” Inuyasha asked again.
 
“Sango is in it… and her bed is empty…” Kouga answered sighing.
 
“Maybe she went out for the day… I hope she's back by the night” he answered trying not to make his brother worry and trying to calm his own worries.
 
“Okay… I'll eat my breakfast and I'll go out to practice…” he said and went in the kitchen.
 
Inuyasha stood there next to the tree. He sighed and closed his eyes trying to picture her there, next to him and swinging on the chair that was clinging from a rope.
 
“It's my fault… you shouldn't be gone… you should be here” he said to himself and sighed.
 
“Honey, what are you doing out here?” Kikyo asked.
 
“I was… thinking…” he said sighing again.
 
“Who did this horrible thing to the peach tree?” she said pointing at the chair disgusted.
 
“It's a swing…Kouga made it, Kagome and the kids love it” he said smiling as he thought about her.
 
“Oh… where is the nanny? She is supposed to be downstairs by now…”
 
“She… she's not here right now…” he answered and Kikyo smiled a little.
 
“You mean she's gone for the day?” she asked.
 
“I don't know…” he said and went back to the kitchen.
 
“Yes!” she said, jumping of happiness. “Now I have to make sure that she doesn't come back and if she does… that she doesn't get near to Inuyasha…” she smirked.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome woke up and noticed that she was not on her bed at the attic. She sighed; she now remembered that she had left it because she couldn't handle the fact that Inuyasha was going to have a baby with Kikyo. She got out of bed and went to the kitchen, finding Eri sitting there reading the newspaper.
“Good morning, are you better now?” she asked folding the newspaper.
 
“A little…”
 
“Are you ready to tell me about it?” Kagome nodded.
 
“I'm in love with Inuyasha and I guess that he loved me too but… he is having a child with his girlfriend and he has to marry her… and since I can't stand watching them together I had to leave… and I'm ready to start a new life” she said and smiled a little.
 
“That sucks… I'm sorry” Eri said grabbing her hand tightly.
 
“It's okay now… well, I'm off to hunt for a job… wish me luck” she said and giggled dryly.
 
“Good luck” Eri said smiling at her friend slightly as she saw her leaving.
 
Kagome walked several streets, she went to a restaurant to ask for job but they said she needed experience. She decided to try on her old job as a delivery girl but they said that the position was filled, like in other places she tried. She was entering a coffee shop and decided to ask there.
 
“Excuse me… is there any job position available?” she asked.
 
“No, sorry the position has been filled” the man said and Kagome nodded.
 
“Thanks anyway…” she was walking out when someone grabbed her arm.
 
“Kagome, we've been worried sick for you… where have you been?” Kouga asked her.
 
“Looking for a new job… and for a new apartment” she said and sighed.
 
“But… you live and work with us…”
 
“Not anymore… tell your brother I quit and… that maybe I will go pick up my things later” she said.
 
“But… I'll… we will miss you” he said.
 
“I know… I'll miss you too… I have to go, bye…” she said and left trying hard not to cry.
 
“Don't leave me… please” he begged as he watched her leave.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Rin and Shippo walked around the house, they were desperate to found Kagome. They searched on the usual places, her room, the kitchen, the living room, outside, but they found nothing. Then they found Kanna and Kohaku sitting on the couch.
 
“Kohaku, have you seen Kagome?” Shippo asked him.
 
“Not since yesterday…” he answered.
 
“Do you know if she had the day free today?” Rin asked.
 
“No… ask Inuyasha” he said and the kids ran to his study room.
 
They knocked till someone went to open the door; unfortunately they found his horrible girlfriend there.
 
“Is Inuyasha there?” Rin asked afraid.
 
“Yes… but he's busy, you may talk to him at lunch”
 
“I need to talk to my brother now” Shippo demanded.
 
“Listen brat, I say what you will do and what you won't do and what you will do is you are going to your room… what you won't do will be talk to my fiancé now scram!”
Kikyo closed the door in the face of the kids and they got mad.
 
“Inuyasha needs to know that his girlfriend isn't perfect…”
 
“But how are we going to prove that? Inuyasha is almost hypnotized by Kikyo” Rin said.
 
“First, we need to know where Kagome is… second, we have to plan this alone since Kohaku is now in love… eugh!” he shook a little.
 
“Okay… let's keep on searching”
 
“I don't think she's in the house” Shippo said.
 
“I know… let's search for her outside” Rin said.
 
“But who will join us?”
 
“Nobody… I know this city very well” Rin said and they left the house.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was sitting outside of a restaurant; she didn't want to be inside since she thought it was such a beautiful day and because if she cried she didn't want anyone to feel sorry for her or to be asking her questions she didn't want to answer. She was searching for an apartment, she wanted to leave Eri's house so she didn't start bugging her about getting a job.
 
“Here's your coffee miss” a waitress said and left a cup of coffee on her table.
 
“Thank you” she said smiling slightly and kept on reading the newspaper.
 
`I can't believe there's not even a single apartment that isn't free… I think I can stay at Eri's house for just another day…' she sighed and sipped some of her coffee, she then saw a couple of kids walking by the sidewalk. `What kind of irresponsible parents could leave their kids alone in the city?' she thought as she watched them carefully what they were doing.
 
The kids were waiting to cross the street, the walked but then a taxi came out of nowhere and was about to step over them, Kagome quickly ran and pushed the kids out of the way.
 
“Are you guys okay?” she said.
 
“Kagome! We found you!” Rin said and hugged her.
 
“Rin, Shippo… what are you guys doing here?” Kagome asked looking at them carefully.
 
“We have been searching for you everywhere…” Shippo answered.
 
“Yeah… we were worried” Rin said standing up.
 
“I'll take you guys home…” she said, they grabbed her hands and walked back to the mansion.
 
They walked for a few minutes and Kagome smiled, she thought that this was the last time she was going to see them and that maybe the last time she would hold their hands. She stopped before entering the house and Shippo looked at her worried.
 
“Aren't you going to come in with us?” he asked.
 
“Um… actually no, I have to… go visit a friend…” she said.
 
“Okay, come back early” Rin said and went to hug her.
 
“I'll miss you” she said and tried not to cry.
 
“You'll be back in a few hours…” Shippo said and hugged her two.
 
“Yeah… bye kids” she said and walked away.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha was still on his study room, Kikyo had left to buy some stuff for their wedding and he was left alone. He had no more job to do but he didn't have anything else to do so he was just there reading some advertisement he had done in the past. He didn't want to think that it was his fault that Kagome had left. `If only I had told her before she found out the wrong way… maybe I can leave Kikyo… no, I can't do that to my son… my first kid, he will have my hair and my eyes… my first son…' he thought and for the first time in the day he smiled. A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts.
 
“Come in…” he said.
 
“Hi Inuyasha… did you gave the day free to Kagome?” Shippo asked.
 
“No, she is just…”
 
“But then why was she going to visit a friend?” Rin asked.
 
“You saw her?! Was she okay?! Where is she?!” he said desperately.
 
“Yeah… she joined us home after…” Rin quickly covered her mouth.
 
“Where did you guys go?” Inuyasha asked in an angry tone.
 
“You just screw it…” Shippo said.
 
“Where were you today?”
 
“We went to look for Kagome” Rin replied.
 
“You two?! Alone?!?” he panicked.
 
“Yeah and we are sorry, we just wanted so bad to know where Kagome was…” Shippo said.
 
He rubbed his temple and sighed. How could he explain them that she will never come back? He then heard someone knocking again.
 
“Hold on a second!” he yelled. “Shippo, Rin… there's something you guys need to know…”
 
“What?” whoever was knocking started knocking harder and more desperately.
 
“Hold a second!” Inuyasha repeated and sighed heavily. “Kagome is…”
 
“Inuyasha!” Kouga said, he got tired of knocking and decided to enter anyway. “Kagome, she quits… and she's not coming back”
 
“What?!” the kids said alarmed.
 
 
 
A/N: okay, since now I'm done with my other story… I'm thinking about starting another one… but… since school is such a pain in the ass… I guess I will just write this one and when I'm done with this I'll start another one… anyway! review please!!! =)