InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ hate me ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Fuck… this couldn't happen in a worst moment…' Inuyasha thought, he still didn't let Kagome go.
 
“Kouga…” she said and pulled away from Inuyasha's hug.
 
“Why were you hugging my brother?” he asked trying not to sound jealous.
 
“Huh? Oh… I was just happy he gave me my job back” she lied and hugged him instead. “You were right… I was selfish and I won't do it again”
 
`He… is the reason she came back?' Inuyasha said getting jealous as he thought about it. `He found her; she might have told him where she was hiding… I bet she… she was using me to get with Kouga… no, Kagome said she loved me… I have to fix this'
 
“I'm so glad you decided to come back” he said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Kagome, I need to talk to you about your job…” Inuyasha said.
 
“Not now brother, she just came back… the kids will love this” Kouga said and grabbed Kagome by the hand.
 
“It can wait…” she said and Kouga pulled her upstairs.
 
`No, it can't… I have to explain it…' Inuyasha sighed and watched hopelessly as Kagome was pulled by his little brother upstairs.
 
“Guys! Guess who's back!” Kouga yelled and everyone came from their rooms.
 
“Kagome!” Shippo and Rin yelled as they ran to hug her.
 
“You're back!” Kohaku said and hugged her as well.
 
“I missed you so much…” Sango said as she dropped Miroku's hand and hugged her too.
 
“Yeah! And right in time for my birthday!” Rin said and everyone looked at her in shock.
 
“Tomorrow is your birthday?!” Kagome asked alarmed.
 
“Yeah… I never told you guys `cause no one in the orphanage seemed to care about this kind of stuff… I thought birthdays weren't important…”
 
“Not at all… tomorrow, we'll show you what a real birthday is” Sango said and Miroku smiled.
 
“What were you doing with her?” Kouga asked Miroku.
 
“Me? I was just helping her with her homework…” Miroku lied.
 
“This time you have to promise me that you won't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever leave…” Shippo said.
 
“Okay… this time I promise” she said and kissed him on the forehead.
 
“You won't imagine how lonely I felt at the attic without you Kagome” Rin said and Kagome kissed her forehead too.
 
“You won't imagine how lonely I felt at my little apartment” Kagome said.
 
“Now that you are here no one has a reason to feel lonely for” Kohaku said and Kagome giggled.
 
“I missed you all so much…” she repeated as she rubbed Kohaku's hair and gave him a kiss on the forehead.
 
“Okay, guys… now I need to talk to Kagome” Kouga said and everyone let Kagome go.
 
“Come to my room later, I have something to tell you” Sango said and went back to her room.
 
Shippo, Rin and Kohaku went to the playroom and left Kagome and Kouga alone in the hallway. Kouga smiled as he looked as Kagome so happy, when he had visited her, she had the saddest expression ever. It made him happy to know that she was missing them as much as they missed her.
 
“What made you come back?” Kouga finally asked.
 
“I told you I was missing you…” he smiled a little and then he sighed, his smile vanished.
 
“Who hurt you Kagome?”
 
“What… are you talking about?”
 
“When I went to that apartment, you told me something about someone who hurt you… who is he?”
 
“That… that isn't your business” she said and turned around, she was heading to her room when Kouga grabbed her.
 
“It is my business… I'm your friend and I don't want you to be hiding all this feelings” Kagome burst out in tears and hugged him.
 
“It was a man who broke my heart, he… he broke my heart into pieces and then… he had his girl pregnant”
 
Only one thought came to Kouga's head when she told him this. `Was it Inuyasha? No, Inuyasha is deeply in love with Kikyo and Kagome would never fall for him knowing that he is already committed… right?' he asked himself.
 
“Can I ask who is he?” Kouga asked.
 
“It was… Hojo…” she lied and Kouga was in shock.
 
“Hojo?”
 
“Yeah… he was even married and he still had the nerve like to date me… I feel terrible” she lied.
 
“Men like him are not worth your tears… just be thankful that you discovered it before you got into a more serious commitment with him…” he said and hugged her tighter.
 
“I wish I could think that way… but he's always on my mind and everything I do… is loving him…” she said and that made Kouga's heart twirl a little.
 
`I can't force her to start something with me right now… the wound that Hojo caused has not healed completely… no matter if he was a filthy dog, Kagome seemed to be very in love with him… but I'll wait for her… she's worth it…' he thought and smiled to her.
 
“All you need is some time to forget about him…” he said.
 
“I hope you're right” she said pulling away from his embrace and cleaning her tears.
 
“Trust me; I have felt that…” she giggled a little. “What's so funny?”
 
“You are a player; don't think I don't know that… I knew that from the second I saw you… you can't hide the truth” he smiled.
 
“Believe it or not… since I met you, I haven't been out with another girl” he said and got closer to her.
 
“Really? And why is that?” she asked.
 
“Because I…”
 
“Kagome! I need you down here!” Kouga sighed.
 
“Whoa, you are here just a second and he already starts bossing you around” he said annoyed.
 
“Well… he is my boss and he is supposed to be bossing me around”
 
“Whatever, you know what I mean…”
 
“Yeah… I have to go” she said and walked away.
 
`Couldn't he call her after I told her? Damn…' he thought as he went back to his room.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome sighed as she watched the door of Inuyasha's study room; she had told herself that she would try her best to avoid any type of encounter in which there would only be him and her in a room. `I can't do this… I don't know why I came back… I should just have hid for a while… please, mom, give me the strength like to be able to resist Inuyasha's amber eyes…' she thought and kissed her necklace.
 
“Kagome! I need to talk to you!” he yelled and made Kagome react.
 
“Coming…” she said, sighed once again and opened the door.
 
Inuyasha watched her walking into his study room, not holding the smile he loved so much but instead she had a big sad expression that covered her usually cheerful spirit, however, he couldn't dyne that she still looked so perfect, as she always did.
 
“You needed to see me?” she asked bringing him down from his thoughts.
 
“Um… yeah… I need to talk about you about your… absence”
 
“I know it wasn't right… I know that you might want to fire me right now…” she sighed.
 
“Let's consider it like an advanced vacation… just don't leave me… again” he said and she smiled lightly.
 
“I would never dream to do that again… but you already left me” she said and walked out the door.
 
`I'm an idiot Kagome… forgive me, but if I want you to treat me like I deserve… I will have to make you hate me… forgive me… my love…' he thought and sighed.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next day, Kikyo made sure that Inuyasha was gone before she could start placing her new disguise on. If she wanted Inuyasha to marry her soon, she would have to lie to him and do this. She had refused to gain weight and Kagura; her `doctor' had suggested this idea. She pulled out the rubber fake tummy that Kagura had made for her and put it on. Then she went to the kitchen to meet with the family.
 
“Ah!” she said pretended to be surprised. “Inuyasha! Look at this!”
 
Inuyasha dropped his cup of coffee on the table and touched lightly her new elaborated tummy. It felt so real that Inuyasha thought it was his son and rubbed it lightly.
 
“But… how could this happen just in one night?” he asked himself.
 
“Oh… this is very common in my family; my father told me that my mother had the same… that one night she was flat as a pancake and the next… plop! A little tummy… I'm glad that our baby is already growing” she said plastering a soft smile on her lips.
 
“You're pregnant?!?” Sango freaked out.
 
“Oh! Honey! You still haven't told them!” Kikyo pouted.
 
“It slipped my mind… yeah, she is pregnant and due to her condition we will marry in three months…”
 
“Two…” Kikyo corrected him. “I don't want to show the pictures of our wedding with me pregnant”
 
Kagome came down, not saying a word, she sat next to Rin and Kikyo looked at her disgusted. She walked near to her and sat on another chair next to her.
 
“And what are you doing here? I thought that you quit… anyway, bring me a cup of tea” Kikyo said.
 
“No… she's finally back, thank god… and you don't talk to her like that, she's not your maid…” Sango said.
 
“I'll talk to her like I want to…” she whispered on her ear and Sango frowned.
 
“Don't mind it Sango… how would you like your tea Miss Kikyo?” Kagome asked taking the teapot and a cup.
 
“Not that hot, with two spoons of sugar and just two drops of lemon… and it's Miss Higurashi”
 
“Yes, Miss Higurashi” Kagome said and started preparing Kikyo's tea.
 
Inuyasha watched her hopelessly as his future wife bossed his love around. `I can't stop her… I have to make her hate me, if I don't… I will never be able to leave her and try to be with my son… no matter how much I love Kagome, I love my son more and I don't want him to suffer…' he thought and finished his coffee.
 
“Guys, be quick or you won't be able to get to school in time…” Kagome reminded the kids.
 
“Good morning babe” Kouga said and placed a kiss on her cheek as he hugged her.
 
“How many times do I have to tell you not to call me like that?” Kouga chuckled.
 
“Many, many more times…” he kissed her again and started eating his breakfast.
 
“Kagome, I want you to clean the bedroom today” Inuyasha said.
 
“I'm sorry mister Tsurugi but I think that that's Kaede's work” she said.
 
“I'm afraid she's right” Kaede agreed.
 
“No she's not, Kaede… today you have the day free… Kagome, you take care of Kaede's chores” Inuyasha commanded and Kikyo smiled
 
`Finally… now he's coming to his senses, I knew that this whole baby lie would make him react… I love it…' she thought as she drank some of her tea. Kagome was filling her eyes where becoming into water, how could he just love her a second ago and then hate her? She tried her best not to let him now she was going to cry.
 
“Okay… I'll do it”
 
“But… Inuyasha…”
 
“No, Kagome already agreed…” Inuyasha interrupted Kaede.
 
“It's not fair… that's not her work” Kouga protested.
 
“Kouga, this is none of your business…”
 
“Yes it is, I'm not going to let you treat my babe like dirt!” he yelled and everyone stared at Kouga amazed.
 
Kouga usually argued with Inuyasha but when Inuyasha said something like `mind your own business' Kouga would only lower his head and agree angrily. This time, he really seemed to be in love with Kagome. `Did he say… his babe? I'm not his! But is so sweet from him to defend me…' Kagome thought and smiled a little.
 
“Your babe? So now she's your girlfriend?” Inuyasha asked trying not to sound jealous.
 
“Yeah… what do you care? She's mine and I'll protect her” Inuyasha frowned.
 
“I won't allow this…”
 
“I don't care! She's still mine…”
 
“No!” Kagome interfered and Kouga looked at her. “I'm not his `babe' and not his girlfriend… Kouga, its okay… it doesn't bother me at all that I have to clean up the rooms” Kagome said.
 
“Are you sure?” Kouga asked and Inuyasha became jealous.
 
“She said no, right? Now you take yourself and your brothers to school…” he said and Kouga sighed annoyed.
 
“Fine… bye Kagome” he kissed her on the cheek and left, followed by all his brothers, Rin and Sango.
 
“Was that really necessary?” Kagome asked and Kikyo smiled.
 
“I was just asking… I mean, hell… you're only one day here and you already become my brother's girlfriend…”
 
“I wasn't talking about that! I was talking about the whole fight!”
 
“That was none of your business… that was my problem and you becoming Kouga's wench…”
 
“You're a complete jerk!” she said and ran out of the kitchen.
 
“Are you going to let her talk to you like that?” Kikyo said.
 
“I think I'll let it go… for today” Kikyo grinned and kissed him softy on the lips.
 
“Great honey, now why don't we plan some other stuff about our wedding?” she asked and Inuyasha nodded.
 
`I can't let you leave me for my brother… that can never happen' he thought and sighed.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After school, the kids were really noisy on Shippo's room and Kagome was at the kitchen arranging the things for Rin's birthday. She placed everything on the living room so she could blow the candles there and ask for her first birthday wish. She smiled; she thought that finally Rin was getting what she deserved. She was a nice, intelligent and funny little girl who deserved only the best.
 
“Is everything done now?” Kouga asked her, taking a snack.
 
“Yeah… and don't eat them till everyone is here!” she slapped his hand.
 
“Okay… I can wait, can you give me a kiss till then?” she sighed.
 
“Oh, how many times have I told you that I won't kiss you…” he chuckled.
 
“I had to try…”
 
Kagome smiled again and he sat on the couch as she went to the kitchen to bring the big cake with `happy birthday Rin' on top of it made of white chocolate. She ran to the rooms and called everyone, by some weird reason, Miroku was on Sango's room. She called him too and in a blink everyone was around Rin waiting for her to blow off the candles.
 
“C'mon! Make a wish…” Sango said.
 
“Wait, let me think…” they all heard the door and saw Inuyasha and Kikyo coming in.
 
“What's this?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“It's a birthday party for Rin; you can join us if you want…” Kagome offered.
 
“Thanks but me and my…” Kikyo said when she was cutoff by Inuyasha.
 
“Sure, why not? Right honey?” he said and went next to them.
 
“Of course…” she said and kissed him on the lips.
 
“Okay, now I know my wish…” Rin grinned and looked at Kikyo.
 
`I wish Kikyo would vanish and Kagome could keep Inuyasha…' she thought as she blew the candles. The lights where out and when Kagome turned them on, she saw Kikyo making out with Inuyasha. Due to all the jealousy invading Kagome's body, she grabbed Kouga and kissed him fiercely. Although, Kouga didn't know why this was happening he couldn't dyne it was great. Inuyasha pushed Kikyo apart and looked at them in shock like everyone else in there. After the long kiss, Kagome fled to her room.
 
 
 
A/N: sorry! Again another short chapter but I swear to you… on my next update the chapter will be like 12 pages long… I was just stressed since today I got like 5 pop quizzes and one oral quiz… agh! I hate my teachers so bad!!!!! Anyway… review please!!! =)