InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ when things aren't like they should ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A weird mixture of anger and sadness was invading Kagome at the moment she was at her room, she didn't want to kiss Kouga, she was just feeling too jealous about what Inuyasha did to her that she wanted him to feel what was in her heart the moment he kissed Kikyo. `How the hell am I going to explain this later to Kouga? I didn't mean to… I was just… jealous… I can't do this again, if I'm not ready to face the fact that Kikyo and Inuyasha will marry and will have a son soon… then I'm still not ready to work here again… maybe coming back was a bad idea.' She thought and sighed.
 
“Are you okay Kagome?” Sango asked sitting on the edge of her bed.
 
“Yeah… I was just feeling tired” she lied.
 
“What was that downstairs?”
 
“You mean…”
 
“You kissing my brother… that was so weird! I thought you didn't even like him” she said as the image of her nanny kissing her brother flew over her head again.
 
Kouga was going up to her room when he heard the voice of his sister and Kagome. He heard Kagome giggling a little. `The sweet sound of her laugh… I've been missing that'
 
“I don't know… I mean, he's nice and all but… he's 5 years younger for Christ sakes!”
 
“Yeah… but there's no age limit when it comes to love” she said and she thought about Miroku. “But besides age, do you like Kouga?”
 
Kouga's heart stopped when Sango asked Kagome this question, this was it. The moment he was waiting for; the moment in which he would know her true feelings for him. `If she says yes, I will ask her to be my girlfriend right now… but if she says no… I guess… I will stay away from her…' he thought and sighed.
 
“I'm not sure…” Kagome replied.
 
“How can you not be sure? You know when you like somebody and you know when you don't too…”
 
“I'm not sure because I feel hurt and… I don't want that to happen to me again” she sighed.
 
“You mean Hojo? You can already forget about the creep…”
 
“Yeah… I'm starting to forget about everything he and I had together”
 
“And… then you would start dating Kouga?” Kouga smiled.
 
“Well… actually…”
 
Kouga stepped on another stair to try to hear better what they were saying; wrong move, Kagome heard the wood squeaking and stopped speaking she went out only to find Kouga pretending to be checking her stairs.
 
“Can I help you?” Kagome said.
 
“Oh, no… I was just… making sure this stairs weren't too old…” Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“How long have you been here?”
 
“Just a few minutes ago…”
 
“Great…” she blushed. “Whatever you heard, it isn't true…”
 
“I only heard that you didn't enjoy the kiss but since you say that it's a lie… I guess you really liked it” he said and caressed her cheek.
 
“Really funny…” she said and when she saw Inuyasha approaching she grinned. “But yeah…your kiss was good…”
 
She grinned at Inuyasha and went back to her room to talk with Sango. Inuyasha looked at Kouga with some anger on his eyes. Kouga was smiling as he watched Kagome going up to her room. `She's so goddamn perfect… and she's going to be mine…' he thought and looked at this brother.
 
“Isn't Kagome so adorable?” Kouga sighed.
 
“I don't know, I can't tell… you should be at your room and where's your sister?” Inuyasha asked coldly.
 
“She's with Kagome…”
 
“Great… go to your room”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I say so and because tomorrow you have school… now go” he ordered and Kouga rolled his eyes.
 
“Okay… goodnight brother”
 
Inuyasha went to Kagome's room to find his sister laughing with her; Kagome's laughs became dry when she saw Inuyasha at her door. She looked at him before sighing, fun was over now.
 
“Sango, go to your room… I need to talk to Kagome” Inuyasha said.
 
“Okay, goodnight Kagome…” she said and walked downstairs.
 
“Do you think it was funny?” Inuyasha asked her.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“One thing was becoming his girlfriend but… kissing him right in front of everyone?!” Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“First of all, I'm not his girlfriend… second, so what if I kissed him?”
 
“You can't kiss him!”
 
“And why the hell not?!” she asked furious.
 
“Because…”
 
Inuyasha's expression became gentler, he smiled when he looked at her dark brown big eyes and she blushed lightly. He grabbed her by the waist and started pulling her closer to him; Kagome's blush became deeper and started to get nervous.
 
“What… what are you doing?”
 
“Hugging you…” he said and grabbed her in a tight embrace.
 
“Why… why is that?”
 
“Because if I don't… I would want to kiss you”
 
“Then… why… don't you?” she said timorous and he started moving closer to her.
 
“Inuyasha! We have to arrange the last wedding details!” Kikyo yelled.
 
Kagome sighed, no matter how much she wanted him to kiss her too. She had to remember that there would always be something on their way, whether it was his fiancé or his brother. They could never be together.
 
“I'm sorry…” he said and went out of her room.
 
“Why do I keep doing this to myself?” she sighed.
“Kagome!” Rin said as she came running to her room. “Can I sleep at Shippo's room tonight?”
 
“I don't know… I don't think that's right, you guys have school tomorrow and…”
 
“Oh please! I promise we will be already sleeping by midnight” Kagome gave her a look. “Okay, by ten… please?”
 
“I guess… but just for tonight!” Rin hugged her.
 
“Thanks Kagome!” Rin ran grabbed her pajamas and went back to Shippo's room.
 
“I'm all alone now… that sucks…” she mumbled and changed her clothes for her pajamas.
 
`If only there was a way in which he could stay with me and at the same time with his son, maybe her could just ask for the custody of his son… but, it wouldn't be right… he would be away from his mother and even though she is a bitch… he or she might as well miss her…' she thought as she got under the blankets and was getting ready to sleep.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha was on his room, Kikyo was beside him talking about some things that had no importance but according to her, they were the most important details on the wedding. `How could he kiss him?!?! Why Kouga? Everyone but my own brother… it was even worst! When I knew how much both of them enjoyed it! How could she do this to me?!' he thought and clenched his fists.
 
“Inuyasha… are you listening to me?” Kikyo asked getting closer to him.
 
“Kikyo, why can't you just pick the flower bases by yourself?” he asked annoyed when she interrupted his thoughts.
 
“I'm hate to remind you that it's supposed to be your wedding too… what if you don't like them?” she said and made a sad expression.
 
“Everything you pick I like it… now, why don't you just pick it?” she sighed annoyed.
 
“You're so useless…” she said and turned off her lamp on her night table.
 
Inuyasha couldn't help to feel guilty; he had to concentrate on his wedding. After all, the woman beside him was the woman who would share his life and that will soon become the mother of his child.
 
“I'm sorry darling, it's just that… work is such a pain in the ass and… I really need some rest now” Kikyo smiled.
 
“Oh… thanks baby, then I guess I can forgive you and we can start discussing about the colors of the letters of the invitations… goodnight” she said and gave him a kiss on the lips.
 
“Yeah… night” he sighed.
 
`I have to rest, tomorrow I have a lot of work and… I have to fix things with Kagome… no, stop… you can't think about her anymore she's forbidden…' he yawned. `Don't think about Kagome, don't think about Kagome…' another yawn. `Think… about… Kagome…' he then fell asleep. During the first three minutes of his sleep, Inuyasha was in his bed, but at the fourth. He moved Kikyo a little and pushed her away from him. He then, stood up and started walking down the aisle and opened Kagome's door. He carefully went to her room and cuddled next to her on her bed.
 
“Rin… weren't you going to sleep with Shippo?” she said and turned around only to find Inuyasha. “Ah! What are you doing here?”
 
“I love you…” he mumbled and she blushed.
 
“Okay… this is not the time or the place to tell me something like that…” she said rubbing her eyes a little.
 
“I really do…” he said and she noticed he had his eyes closed.
 
Kagome moved one of his eyelids only to reveal that he was still sleeping, which meant that he was sleepwalking, which meant he was a somnambular, which meant that maybe what he said it wasn't for her, but for the person he was dreaming of.
 
“Time to walk away from here and go back to bed…” she whispered on his ear.
 
“I don't want to go… I want to be with you… forever”
 
Kagome smiled when she heard this, how can a man be so sweet and be sleeping at the same time? She knew that he wouldn't remember anything of this tomorrow morning and he would even dyne it. She sighed and tried to get him up of her bed, but he was heavy.
 
“Oh… at least you could help…” she mumbled and picked him up, but unfortunately he fell upon on her and she was crushed by him on her bed.
 
“Your smell…” he mumbled. “Is delicious”
 
“Um… thanks… I guess” she said as she tried to pull away from his embrace. “If anyone catches us like this hell will break loose”
 
“Mm…”
 
“Great… now you are sleeping, you always were but now you can't even listen to me… why do I keep talking if you can't even listen to me?” she sighed and without struggling she fell asleep on his arms. “Goodnight…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next morning, Kagome noticed that Inuyasha was still on her sleeping. She smiled, she knew that when he wakes up everything he and her had last night would vanish, first because he wouldn't remember it and second because if his `perfect' fiancé would want to kill her. Inuyasha opened his eyes slowly only to find not his fiancé, but the woman he actually loved.
 
“I can explain this…” he said.
 
“Don't…”
 
“What?” he asked confused.
 
“You were sleepwalking and I couldn't wake you up since once I heard that if you woke up a somnambular he would suffer some brain damage” she explained.
 
“Was I really walking while I slept?” he asked.
 
“Yes…do you think I would actually pull you out of bed and make you sleep next to me?” he chuckled. “What are you laughing about?”
 
“You look so cute when you're mad…” that made her blush. “Keh… I won't call you a liar, maybe I did walk while I sleep… but I don't think I ever wanted to sleep next to you…”
 
Kagome stared at him confused. He was playing with her feelings or what? He acted all loving about a second ago and now he was treating her like more a criminal.
 
“I don't want to listen to you anymore, you're a complete jerk… get out of my room” he sighed.
 
“Keh… if am I jerk you're a bitch… and a wench” he said and moved closer to her.
 
“At least I don't live thinking that a man would pull me out of bed and make me cuddle against him all night…” she said moving towards him as well and he chuckled.
 
“You really look cute when you're mad…” he repeated and she blushed.
 
“Inuyasha! Are you… what the hell is going on?” Kikyo asked coming from downstairs.
 
“I… was sleepwalking!” he said hurriedly.
 
“Inuyasha, I really need to talk to you… now, in private…” he sighed.
 
“Yeah… I'll be right there” she looked at Kagome with anger.
 
“Great…” she left and Inuyasha followed her.
 
`Why can't he just find a way to make things right? I mean… Kikyo's pregnancy couldn't come in a worst time… he was finally admitting he was in love with me and then… he is going to be a father…I hate it… not his kid, but the mother…' she sighed and heard someone knocking.
 
“Come in…” she said lazily.
 
“Good morning babe” Kouga said.
 
“Good morning Kouga, shouldn't you be getting yourself ready for school?” she sighed.
 
“What's wrong with you today?” he asked sitting next to her.
 
“Everything I'm going through right now… its very messy and I feel confused and lonely and my feelings are mixed up and… I don't know what to do…” she felt some tears gathering on her eyes.
 
“Don't cry babe… you know he isn't worth your tears…” she smiled a little and a tear rolled down her cheek.
 
Kouga placed small kisses on her eyes and then, he gave her another on the mouth. Kagome wasn't stopping him; for once she was feeling better when he kissed her. His tongue started exploring every inch of her inside and then he pulled away. `I won't let Inuyasha disturb me any longer… and I have to get him out of me… right now…' she thought as she melted in his blue eyes.
 
“Let me love you Kagome, let me show you that I am better than that man, let me be your boyfriend…” he begged her and she nodded. “For real?”
 
“Yeah… I guess I can give it a try” he gave her a short kiss on the lips.
 
`I love you Kagome…' he thought as he hugged her.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kikyo was madly furious with Inuyasha. She pulled him to his study room, she sat him on his chair and she closed her eyes for a moment planning on what she was going to say. `I don't want Inuyasha to get closer to my half sister… their so called affair has to end now so he can marry me as soon as possible… I cannot let this go on…' she thought and sat on another chair.
 
“I know everything Inuyasha” she said.
 
“About what? What are you talking about?”
 
“I know you have an affair with Kagome!” she finally yelled and pretended to cry.
 
“Kikyo… I…”
 
“How could you do this to me Inuyasha? I gave you all my love and I turn around and find you with…” she then pretended to cry more.
 
“I don't know what happened to me… I mean, I admit that I was having an affair with her but everything ended when I found out you were pregnant I swear…”
 
“Don't lie to me… every time I want to discuss something about the wedding or to tell you some good news about our baby, I find you flirting with her or about to kiss her…” she sniffed.
 
“How long have you…”
 
“I once went to this new restaurant a friend recommended me and I found you there with her kissing…”
 
“I don't know what to say Kikyo… I really am sorry” he said and hugged her.
 
“I forgive you Inuyasha, I really do but…”
 
“But what? Don't you want to marry me? You don't want me to get near the baby?” she moved her head. “Then what do you want from me?”
 
“I don't want you to see her again, I don't want you to get near again and I don't want you to talk to her again”
 
“But that's impossible… I'm her boss and she's my brother's nanny”
 
“Then I want you to fire her”
 
 
 
A/N: okay guys… I'm starting to loose the hope about writing like 12 pages… I've been so stressed and so busy that I haven't even got time to see my boyfriend who I terribly miss… but anyway… so much work is taking away my best ideas and I can barely concentrate when it comes about writing… and I know that I have been saying this a lot lately but I swear that in the next chapter I WILL make it up to you… till then… review please! =)