InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ forget about love ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“No, no, no Kikyo… everything but that…” he sighed.
 
“What?!?” Kikyo yelled hysterical.
 
“It's not that I want her for me! It's just that kids will hate me forever if I fire her… you know how much they love her” Inuyasha explained.
 
“What is more important? Our love and our child…” she said as she pointed at her fake tummy. “Or your brothers acceptance?”
 
“Both are really important to me…”
 
“Inuyasha, one has to be more important… now pick!” she ordered.
 
“Isn't there any other way to solve this problem?”
 
“If you think about a way… you tell me, till then… my solution seems the best… ” Kikyo said, walked out of the study room and slammed the door behind her.
 
Inuyasha sighed heavily. If he fired Kagome, the kids would never forgive him but if he chose Kikyo over Kagome… he would never forgive himself. This was a tough decision that he didn't want to do by himself. He needed someone's advice and unfortunately for him, Miroku was no where around. `Where is he anyway? I always see him entering my house and he always says he has to go to the bathroom but he disappears most of the times…' he thought and someone knocked on his door.
 
“Inuyasha! I'm officially the happiest man on earth!” Kouga yelled and sat on one of his chairs.
 
“Whoa… is so good to see you this happy Kouga” he smiled.
 
“I know… and everything is because she is finally mine…”
 
“Who is finally `yours'?” he asked.
 
“The most beautiful, intelligent and perfect girl ever created…” Kouga sighed dreamily.
 
“Are you talking about…?”
 
“Yes! Kagome… finally, she's mine… can you believe how lucky I am?”
 
Inuyasha's heart sunk at the sound of these words. Did Kagome forget about how much Inuyasha love her? Did she forget about everything they had live together? `No… he's lying to me… she can't do this to me… not with my brother!' he yelled to himself. Now he finally realized that making her hate him was not what he wanted. What he really wanted was her by his side.
 
“How did you… what did she…?”
 
“I don't know what I did but… she finally said yes! After everything I've been through, after all the time I've been waiting… she is mine… now this is what I call good luck…don't you agree?” he smiled.
 
“Are you sure she said yes? Maybe she…” Kouga moved his head.
 
“She said yes and after that… she gave me the best kiss ever!” he sighed dreamily and Inuyasha felt his blood boil in anger.
 
“Yeah, don't you have to go to school?” he said looking through some papers.
 
“I think… after that, can I go to the movies with Kagome?” Inuyasha dropped the papers and slammed his hands against the desk.
 
“No… go find something else to do”
 
“I don't think I'll have homework and…”
 
“I said no!” he yelled.
 
Kouga stared at Inuyasha confused; he thought that his brother will finally be happy for him when he told him that he got a girl as pretty and nice as Kagome. Of course, he didn't know that his big brother was trying to get her too.
 
“Okay… I see that work is affecting you so… I guess I'll leave” Inuyasha nodded.
 
“I'll appreciate that…” he hissed with anger.
 
“See you later bro…” Inuyasha stood up and as soon as Kouga walked out that door he slammed it furiously.
 
“How could she do this to me!!!” he yelled in anger.
 
`Wasn't this what you wanted? Weren't you praying for this to happen?' a part of him replied.
 
“I never expected this to happen so soon… or with my own brother!!!” he yelled again.
 
`Too late… she's with him and there's nothing you can do… just get over it and try to have a happy life with Kikyo and your son…'
 
“I have to take a hard decision… but I hope it's the right one” Inuyasha sighed.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Miroku took Sango out of school during lunch; he took her to a fancy restaurant near by, since she had to go back before her two last periods start. They sat on the outside of the restaurant, Sango was amazed of the nice view she had of the city and Miroku was busy kissing her cheek several times.
 
“Miroku… stop, it tickles…” she giggled.
 
“You're the first girl I know that has tickles on her cheeks” she giggled some more.
 
“I hate to remind you but… you still haven't told me how many girlfriends you had”
 
“Oh yeah… about that… it's only been three” he smiled.
 
“Miroku! Is that you?” a girl asked.
 
“Suri… hey, how's it going?” he gulped nervously.
 
“Everything good… and who's this? Your little sister?” she pointed at Sango.
 
“I'm Sango Tsurugi, his…”
 
“Oh right, Inuyasha's little sister… he has told me everything about Inuyasha and his family” she said interrupting her. “So… why don't we go out later?”
 
“Yeah… sorry, I can't”
 
“Don't tell you are still with Sakura and Naru” Sango became furious.
 
“Oh no… actually…”
 
“Right, you dumped them and me and started dating… what was the girls' name? Oh yeah! Kasumi and Tory…” Sango got even more furious and walked away.
 
“Can we talk about this some other time? Tomorrow perhaps?” he asked pulling out some money.
 
“Sure… at lunch, I'll stop by your office” he nodded.
 
“Thanks” he dropped the money on the table and followed Sango.
 
Miroku knew that Sango was going to find out about this sooner or later, he followed her till she stopped on a bench near the park. Sango seemed to be furious about this and Miroku sat next to her and sighed.
 
“How many girls have you been with… honestly?” she asked, still not looking at him and trying hard not to cry.
 
“Honestly? I have no idea…” she looked at him more furious. “I mean, I dated several women during the last 5 years and I can't remember their names…”
 
“Miroku Fujimori you…!” Miroku covered her mouth.
 
“But no one matter to me the most… than you” she sighed and smiled.
 
No matter what kind of evil man Miroku was, he was too sweet and Sango was deeply in love with him. She kissed him lightly on the lips.
 
“You are a pervert, an idiot but the worst of all… you are a lovable fool” he smirked.
 
“Does that mean I get to kiss you?” he asked and she giggled.
 
“Of course…”
 
In the middle of their deep kiss, someone cleared her throat. Miroku looked at the person standing and there and quickly jumped away from Sango. Kikyo grinned slightly and grabbed Miroku's hand.
 
“May I have a word with you?” Miroku nodded and followed Kikyo away from Sango.
 
“If you're going to tell Inuyasha… do it already…” he sighed.
 
“No, how can you think that low of me?” he looked at her with disbelief. “However, I do have some legal stuff that I would like you to help me… things that Inuyasha can't know…”
 
“What would they be?”
 
“You'll find out later… and no one can know about this” she said.
 
“And what if I don't help you?” he asked.
 
“Inuyasha will know where you are when you enter the house and then disappear” she grinned.
 
“Come by my office tomorrow at noon and bring the papers” she smiled bigger.
 
“Thanks… I knew you would understand” she kissed him lightly on the cheek and left.
 
`When I find a way to tell this to Inuyasha… I'll get free from your manipulating hands… till then, I guess I have to swallow hard and keep my head down… damn…' he thought and walked back to the place where Sango was sitting.
 
“Is she going to tell Inuyasha?” Sango asked concerned.
 
“She's not going to say a word if I help her with some legal manners” Miroku sighed.
 
“I will not let her manipulate us like some sort of puppets!” Sango yelled furious.
 
“And don't want that either… but if you don't want your brother to kill me, you'll have to shut up and treat her nicely…” Sango sighed.
 
“She's not going to win this, right?” she asked.
 
“Of course not… I'll find a way to solve this, I promise” he said and kissed her on the lips.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
On the afternoon, Kagome invited Ayame to spend some time with her, it's been ages since the two friends saw each other and Kagome was missing all the fun she always had with Ayame. They were talking on the living room and when Kagome gave Ayame the news, she almost fainted.
 
“You… Kagome? With a boy 5 years younger?!” Ayame yelled amazed.
 
“Yeah… I thought I might try it with him since… everything with you-know-who has been such a mess lately” Kagome giggled dryly.
 
“It's not your fault that his girlfriend was pregnant… I mean that sort of things happen…”
 
“I know that but…” she whispered. “What bothers me is that he acts so casual and flirts with me and then he treats me like dirt… it's like dealing with an schizophrenic man…” Ayame giggled a little.
 
“You can't change men… no matter how hard you try”
 
“I know… and since Kouga isn't Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with me, I thought he deserved a chance… what do you think?”
 
“I still think he's too young for you”
 
“Yeah… but when I'm with him, I feel special… not like when I'm with Inuyasha” she sighed.
 
“If he makes you happy you can marry him if you want to” Kagome blushed.
 
“I still have a lot of time to think about marriage” she said.
 
“But you would marry him?” she blushed even more when she saw Kouga entering the house.
 
“I don't know…” she whispered and Kouga kissed her lightly on the cheek.
 
“Hey babe, how's it going Ayame?” she blushed lightly.
 
“Good… so I heard the good news”
 
“Really? I'm so glad she finally let me in her heart…” he kissed her lightly on the lips. “Do you want to celebrate tomorrow babe?”
 
“Um… actually, I was thinking if maybe we could just keep this quiet for a while…” Kagome said with a small smile.
 
“I wish you had told me it before because I already told Inuyasha this morning”
 
“You what?!?” she yelled.
 
“I thought he'll be happy for us… and why don't you want anyone to know I'm your boyfriend?”
 
“Oh… it's not that, it's just that… I thought that if Inuyasha knew he would… freak out” she said a little nervous.
 
“Yeah… he did a little…”
 
`I thought I told myself that I would not let Inuyasha disturb me! If he gets jealous… who cares? I mean… what we had is officially over now that I am with his brother… I just wish my feelings for him could leave that fast…' she sighed.
 
“Then, I guess it doesn't matter now… so tomorrow?”
 
“Yeah… and dress nice because I'll take you to a fancy new place…” Kagome nodded and smiled. “Well, I gotta go now… I have to arrange my schedule of my tennis practice so I can spend more time with you…”
 
Kagome smiled a little, she wasn't in love with him but she wanted to. Kouga was a really sweet man and she thought that maybe for this once, she could forget about their age difference and just to try it. `After all… maybe the man I'm supposed to love is Kouga and not Inuyasha…do you think that's right mom?' she asked to her jewel and sighed, Kouga kissed her on the cheek and he left.
 
“It's too soon to be in love with someone” Ayame teased and Kagome blushed lightly.
 
“Like I said… I'm giving it a try” the two girls giggled and then Kagome saw Kikyo coming through the door.
 
“Kagome, prepare me a tea and… who's this?” Kikyo asked giving Ayame a disgusted glare.
 
“This is Ayame… she came to visit me”
 
“And why did you invite her without my permission?” Kagome sighed.
 
“I'm sorry Miss Higurashi…” she lowered her head.
 
“It's okay for today… don't do it again without my approval” Kikyo said, Kagome nodded and went to the kitchen to get her tea.
 
Kikyo took out the picture of Kagome's mother. Somehow, the girl in front of her looked like Asuka. She had the same color of her hair, the same expressions and what it seemed to be the same smile.
 
“Are you related to her? In any way?” Kikyo asked with interest.
 
“No… I'm one of her best friends, why?”
 
“Nothing… I thought about something stupid… I thought you two were sisters” Kikyo said as she sat on the couch.
 
“No, I'm just her friend” Kikyo looked around.
 
“Would you mind helping me?” she whispered.
 
“Well, I guess it depends on what…”
 
“My father's company is receiving some law suits from someone who looks like you… here's a picture” Kikyo showed her the picture of Kagome's mother. “Apparently, this girl claims to be the cofounder of the company but she just worked there as a secretary…”
 
“Oh… that sounds terrible” Ayame said giving Kikyo back the picture.
 
“I know… and I was wondering if you maybe could help me”
 
“In what?”
 
Kikyo grinned at this girl innocence. `After all, getting my father's money is going to be easier than I thought… as long as this girl doesn't ask any questions' Kikyo thought and cleared her throat.
 
“To get rid of the lawsuit, I need a signature from the person who is suing… and since you look so much like her…”
 
“But isn't that cheating? I mean… what if we get caught?” Kikyo grinned.
 
“Nothing like that is going to happen; they would barely recognize you… if you help me… I'll give you 3 million dollars” Ayame's eyes widened.
 
`If I get that kind of money I will be able to pay for college and to buy my parents a new car… but that is wrong… I can't do something like that… but college…' she thought and shook her head a little.
 
“Can I think about it?” Kikyo's grin became bigger.
 
“Of course… give me a call if you agree” Kikyo handed her a card and Kagome arrived with her tea.
 
“Here you go Miss Higurashi” Kikyo took the cup of tea and left.
 
“Think about it” she said from the stairs.
 
“Think about what?” Kagome asked interested.
 
“She offered me a job in her company as a messenger… but… I don't know, I mean I get paid lower than in my usual job” Ayame said.
 
“Couldn't you work in both? That way you could get faster the money for college”
 
“Yeah… as I said I have to think about it…” Ayame sighed. “Is she always nice?”
 
“Nice? Kikyo?” Kagome laughed. “Sorry, Kikyo is the meanest person I've ever got to know”
 
“So… do you think that maybe if I work for her she would do something mean to me?” she asked.
 
“No… I mean, if she really wants you to work for her and you say no then she would hurt you but if she hurts you while you're working, then you can sue her…” Ayame smiled weakly.
 
“I think it's time for me to go… see you later Kagome”
 
“Okay… bye Ayame”
 
Ayame kissed Kagome lightly on the cheek and left the house, still thinking about Kikyo's proposal. `College comes first… I need to enter next year or my parents will make me work forever… but that seems like something wrong, how am I supposed to do something like that?' she sighed and kept on walking.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagura had called Kikyo immediately to her office. She had told Kikyo on the phone that they needed to arrange some stuff of their deal and about some tricks she could use for her fake pregnancy. Kikyo arrived, followed by Naraku and both of them got their seat before Kagura started talking.
 
“Miss Higurashi is so nice to see you again… thanks for coming here in such a short notice” Kagura said as she sat.
 
“No problem… but why did you call me here for?”
 
“As you know… I don't do these services for free” Kikyo half smiled.
 
“So how much do I owe you?”
 
“Half a million dollars” Kikyo's eyes widened.
 
“What?!? That is ridiculous! I will not pay that sort of amount for lie like this one!” Kikyo yelled.
 
“Are you forgetting that I am the only one besides your lap dog here…” she pointed at Naraku. “That knows about your secret?”
 
“Yes, I'm aware of that but… half a million dollars?!?” she yelled again.
 
“I read a very interesting article in the newspaper a few days ago… in which it said that you, Miss Kikyo Higurashi, is the owner of Higurashi enterprises… that means that you are as rich as hell”
 
“You turned out a little cleverer than everyone else” Kikyo noticed.
 
“Oh yeah… and once you marry Mister Inuyasha Tsurugi you'll be even richer… and I don't want to be left behind in your great plan”
 
“You really are the most intelligent person that had worked for me… no offense Naraku” he nodded.
 
“Thanks for the credit… but all I want to hear from you is the sound of money, are you going to pay me or what?” Kagura asked.
 
“Of course I'll pay you…” she smiled and left the office followed by Naraku.
 
“Are you seriously going to pay her? It's going to take away lots of the big fortune we'll take away from Inuyasha”
 
“Hey, I said I was going to pay… but I never said how I would… did I?” she grinned.
 
“What do you have in mind?”
 
“I'll tell you as soon as we get home”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was at the backyard sitting on the swing her new boyfriend had built for her and was talking to her mother aloud. She used to do it when she lived alone but now that she was living with Inuyasha and his family, she thought that maybe they would think she was crazy and stopped doing it. She just talked alone when no one was around.
 
“Do you think that maybe Kouga is the right guy for me? I mean… I like him… but not as much as I like… you-know-who” she stared at her mother's jewel as she swung slowly. “I still love him a lot… I think I can't get him out of my heart, no matter how hard I try… he would always be there” she sighed heavily and felt someone pushing her lightly.
 
Kagome turned around to find Kouga swinging her; he pulled down and kissed her lightly on the lips. She smiled as he did it and pushed him away playfully.
 
“You were dying to do that, weren't you?” she asked.
“I couldn't live without tasting your lips… they are like an addiction” he said.
 
“You're so sweet Kouga” she sighed and kissed him on the cheek.
 
Kouga smiled; finally, she was returning the same feelings he had for her. Finally he could feel what it was like to be loved and to return the feeling. He pulled her up for a hug and then gave her another short kiss on the lips.
 
“You are so perfect babe” she frowned.
 
“How many times have I told you not to call me babe?” she said and he chuckled.
 
“You're my girlfriend and I still don't get to call you babe?” he asked and she shook her head.
 
“I just don't like that nickname”
 
“You'll get used to it…” he kissed her once again. “Babe…”
 
Kagome let out one giggle and watched as Kouga left. `Why can't I love him as much as he loves me? I wouldn't want to hurt him… I like him but… I don't love him as much as I love… Inuyasha…' she sighed at the last thought. No matter how hard she would try to forget him, he would always be there on her mind.
 
“Well… I have to change that, I mean, I cannot be always in love with one man… especially one that is about to marry” she sighed and touched the tree. “I wish I could be you and I wouldn't have to feel the pain of loosing love”
 
“So… what are you talking about Kagome?” Inuyasha appeared.
 
“That's… none of your business…” she swallowed hard and got up.
 
“You think you lost me?” he asked sitting on the swing.
 
“I wasn't even talking about you” she said and blushed lightly.
 
“Then about who were you talking about?” he asked.
 
“As I said before… that's none of your business”
 
“You are so cute…” he whispered. “When you're mad…”
 
“Why are you here?”
 
“I wanted to solve our problems…”
 
“I don't think we can solve them…” he smiled.
 
“Why not?”
 
“Because everything is a big blur…” he sighed.
 
“Kagome, I really love you… but, with Kikyo pregnant…”
 
“And me with your brother” he frowned.
 
“Yeah, you and Kouga…” he frowned.
 
“You know? I've been thinking about that lately… maybe I was supposed to be with Kouga since the beginning”
 
“Are you just trying to get me jealous?” she giggled a little.
 
“Not at all… I was just giving a try to your brother, after all… a man with so much love to give can't be ignored…” she said and he stood up.
 
Inuyasha looked at her for a second before he kissed her on the forehead. Kagome blushed furiously and he started caressing her cheek. Kagome melted in his amber eyes and wanted so bad to kiss him, but she had to remember that Kouga was her boyfriend and she couldn't betray him.
 
“Stop Inuyasha…” she begged.
 
“I want to be with you Kagome….” he whispered. “Can't you see that?”
 
Kouga was walking by the kitchen when he saw the two of them, it seemed that Inuyasha was about to kiss her and Kagome wasn't going to stop him. He pushed the door of the kitchen and went out. Kagome and Inuyasha, scared by the sound of the door stood there frozen and watched Kouga standing there.
 
“What the hell is going on in here?” he asked.
 
 
A/N: finally! The so much waited 12 pages I've been promising… I hope you enjoyed it and I got a lot of time to write today `cause I got a cold and now I have a box of tissues on my bed and I clean my nose like every minute… anyway! Thanks to my cold I get to skip school tomorrow and on Friday so… I guess I can write something for Friday… till then… review please!!! =)