InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ it's not enough to be sorry ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I… Kouga… she…” Inuyasha started.
 
“I had something on my eye… and he was going to take it out…” she said and quickly pulled Kouga for a short kiss on the lips.
 
“You two seemed too… close” he said, staring jealously at his big brother.
 
“He was just trying to take that thing out of my eye… why don't we go inside now?” Kagome asked with a small smile.
 
“Of course…” he grabbed her hand but Inuyasha stopped him.
 
“I need to talk to you first Kagome…”
 
“Whatever you have to tell her, you can tell her in front of me… right babe?” Kouga said and Kagome nodded.
 
“Yeah… what do you have to say Inuyasha?” she asked.
 
Inuyasha stared at his brother and Kagome helplessly. It seemed that Kouga would never let Inuyasha get one finger on Kagome again, not now that he started suspecting something between the two of them. `I won't let Kagome go… and she can't even like Inuyasha! He's her boss! How can she find attractive a man like him? Besides, Inuyasha is about to marry, he could never be so… stupid, like to cheat on Kikyo' Kouga thought.
 
“I guess I can tell you later… enjoy your relationship” he said and left.
 
“What was all that about?” Kouga asked her.
 
“I really don't know… he is acting a little weird lately” she said.
 
“Yeah… I know what you mean, so… about our date for tomorrow, how about if we move it for tonight?” Kouga asked and Kagome smiled a little.
 
“Sure… why not? I'll be ready in a few minutes…” she said and he kissed her lightly on the lips.
 
“And Kagome?”
 
“Yes?” she smiled.
 
“I… I…” Kouga didn't know how to say it. `I've never said those words before… how am I supposed to say them now?' he thought and gulped. “I… think you look gorgeous today”
 
“Thanks Kouga…” she smiled bigger and went to her room.
 
“I love you… why couldn't I just say that?” he asked himself and sat on the swing.
 
“Because it's your first time… and you don't want to get hurt if she doesn't return the feeling” Rin said.
 
“Hey you, how long have you been there?”
 
“Um… not so long… just in time to watch you change your date from tomorrow for today” she answered and sat on his lap.
 
“Rin… has Kagome told anyone she loved him?”
 
“Um… I don't think so… you mean as in Hojo, right?” he nodded. “No… I think she just dated him to make jealous… In… in another place another man…”
 
“Another man? And who is he?”
 
“Um…” Rin decided she screwed it enough there. “I don't know, she never told me”
 
“Thanks… if you and my brother ever find out about that, you would tell me… right?”
 
“Of course! I mean… we all know how much you love her” Rin said and Kouga smiled.
 
“Yeah… I just wish I could have the courage to tell her” he sighed.
 
“You will… in a few more days” Shippo said and walked next to him.
 
“Why do you always have to be spying?” the kids giggled.
 
“Kouga… I'm ready” Kagome said.
 
Kouga stared at her speechless. She had a short pink skirt with a white tank top, she had her hair pulled up and the shoes Kouga had gave her when he got back from Brazil. He closed his mouth and blinked twice, trying to get back to the real world.
 
“I guess you really liked my outfit” she giggled a little.
 
“Kagome! You look spectacular!” Rin said.
 
“C'mon brother… tell something to her” Shippo hissed.
 
“Kagome… you are… so…. amazingly beautiful…” he said and she blushed lightly.
 
“So… are we leaving or what?” he nodded.
 
“Let's go babe” he grabbed her by the hand.
 
“Kids, I want you sleeping in your beds for the time I get back home… if I don't find you there… someone will be in trouble” she said and they nodded.
 
“I'll sleep at Shippo's room again… if that's okay” Rin said.
 
“Of course… but if you are not sleeping… I'll tell the monster who is supposed to be Inuyasha's fiancé to punish you” the kids giggled.
 
“Don't worry… if you put it that way I bet they will be sedated by the time we get home” Kagome giggled and he kissed her on the cheek.
 
“Bye kids… be good” she said as she and her boyfriend left.
 
“What are we going to do about Inuyasha's wedding?” Rin asked as she swung.
 
“We can't do anything wrong to Kikyo… since she's pregnant, but we have to stop that wedding” Shippo decided.
 
“Can we pack Kikyo in a box and send her over to Africa?” Rin asked and Shippo giggled.
 
“Inuyasha would kill us…”
 
“Then I can't think about anything else… unless we stick to the original plan”
 
“But Kagome doesn't want to know anything else about Inuyasha and she seems to be very in love with Kouga” Rin sighed.
 
“I think she tries to love him… she doesn't want to hurt his feelings”
 
“So what are we going to do?” Rin sighed.
 
“I can't think about anything… the only thing we could do now is that we could try to break Kouga and Kagome apart”
 
“Kouga would hate us…”
 
“Yeah, that's why I don't like that idea…” she sighed again.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
The next morning Kikyo had already prepared the new lie for Inuyasha. If she wanted to get rid of Kagura she would have to spoil one part of her plan but then, if Inuyasha believed it, she would have no problem in gaining his trust back with another lie. `This has to look real… if I don't, Inuyasha will start suspecting something…' she thought and opened the door of his study room and cried as she ran to him.
 
“What's wrong with you Kikyo?” he said as he hugged her.
 
“My doctor… Kagura… she… she is fake doctor!” she pretended to cry.
 
“What do you mean she's fake?!?” he looked at all the `tears' falling down her eyes.
 
“I just found out… she has no title and she has been stealing our money!” she cried some more.
 
“But… if she isn't a real doctor… then, maybe you're not pregnant” she stopped.
 
“But what about my belly?” she asked.
 
“Maybe you gained some weight” he said and Kikyo frowned.
 
“Why do you doubt me?” Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“We have to let know everyone about this… she can't keep doing this” he grabbed the phone and dialed the police.
 
`This was easier than I thought… now she is going to jail, who did she think she could fool by trying to beat me? Now she gets paid with revenge… no one messes with Kikyo Higurashi…' she thought and grinned. Inuyasha told the police to arrest Kagura and then he hung up. He pulled Kikyo in a hug and kissed her on the forehead.
 
“Tomorrow morning, we are going to a new doctor, someone that I trust and you are having an echography” Kikyo swallowed hard.
 
“But… it's not time yet!” she said.
 
“I want to know if there is really a baby in your inside… and this time I want a proof” Kikyo nodded.
 
“Alright honey…” she kissed him on the cheek and left.
 
On her way out, she found her new lawyer and the person who could help her to get rid of the part of her father's will that said that her half sister would get more than half of her father's money.
 
“Miroku, just the man I needed…” she said.
 
“Not now Kikyo, Inuyasha needs me” he said and she grabbed him by the arm.
 
“I wonder what will he say when he finds out about the dirty little secret between you and his little sister” he sighed.
 
“Whatever you need, it better be quick…”
 
“You can't tell this to anyone, I have a half sister… who is the owner of more than half of my father's money and I was wondering if there was a way in which I could take it away from her since my father never even recognized her”
 
“Sorry, but if it's written on the will… there's nothing you can do”
 
“Is there any other way in which I can claim my part of the will faster… it said that if she didn't show up I couldn't get my part…”
 
“I guess that can have a solution… but we'll talk about this later, Inuyasha needs me” she nodded.
 
“Before you do this kind of thing in the future, I have to let you know that you will always solve my legal matters first… understood?” he nodded.
 
“Yeah… whatever…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Ayame was at her work, she was still thinking about the proposal Kikyo had offered to her yesterday. `If I keep working here, I'll get my money for college in a year… but if I get the 3 million dollars… I can start this semester… but, I can't do it… its wrong!'
 
“Ayame, take this to table three” Ayame shook her head and nodded.
 
“Um… hey, Kathy, if you had the opportunity to get 3 million dollars by faking something… would you do it?”
 
“Of course! I would never work in this hell hole again…”
 
“Hey!” the owner called. “You say that again and you won't have a job…”
 
“Yeah, yeah…” she said.
 
“Okay, um… mister Taija can I have a break after this?” Ayame asked.
 
“Sure…just take the order to table three” Ayame nodded and took the drinks to the table three.
 
Ayame pulled out her apron and walked out the restaurant to a phone both that was near by. She pulled out the card Kikyo had given her and dialed the number. `This is the only way in which I can go to college… if I want to become a veterinarian, I have to start this now…' she thought and then someone picked up.
 
“Hello?” Kikyo's voice answered.
 
“Miss Higurashi, hi… this is Ayame…”
 
“Oh… Ayame! What do I give this pleasure?”
 
“Well, I've been thinking about your proposal a lot lately and…”
 
“And?”
 
“I think I can help you…”
 
“Great Ayame, you won't regret this…” Kikyo said and hung up.
 
`I knew she would agree to my deal…every person has their price… I just didn't know hers was so low…' Kikyo grinned.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha called Kagome to his study room the next morning after Kouga and the kids left to school, it was the only time he got to talk to Kagome without Kouga interfering. `I got to tell her… I guess this is the perfect solution… she needs to know first… I don't want her to keep hating me as always… I have to do this' he then heard someone knocking.
 
“Come in…” he said and saw Kagome entering.
 
“Yes Inuyasha?”
 
“We need to talk, believe or not… this time is not about us” she sighed and took a seat.
 
“Then what is it about this time?”
 
“Kikyo found out about our relationship” Kagome eye's widened.
 
“What?!? Why didn't you tell me before?!? I could be out of the country right now and away from her…” she panicked.
 
“Don't worry, Kikyo is not going to hurt you but…” he sighed. “She wants you out of the house”
 
“So… you called me to fire me?” she asked.
 
“Who said anything about firing you? If I fire you… everyone in this house will hate me so… I can't do it”
 
“So what do you plan to do with me?”
 
“I was thinking that maybe you could live at my apartment at Chicago… it's just a temporal solution, you would stay there till Kikyo gives birth and then you can come back” she sighed.
 
“But Kikyo wants me out of the house, I don't think she would want me back not even after her pregnancy”
 
“Then I guess I'll tell my other solution to Kikyo… now, going back to what we were talking last night…”
 
“Inuyasha, you and I have nothing else to talk about… you are with Kikyo and I'm with Kouga… end of discussion” she was leaving when she stepped on one of Shippo's toys and Inuyasha caught her.
 
“I told you many times to be careful with Shippo's toys… but I'm glad that you stepped on this one…” he whispered on her ear and she blushed furiously.
 
Kagome quickly got up and turned around, trying not to let him know that she was blushing. He smirked and went back to his desk to keep on working.
 
“By the way, Kaede might need you today… is cleaning day” she nodded.
 
“Okay, thanks for the talk” she said and left.
 
`Don't think about him, think about something or someone else… no matter what he says or does he is a forbidden man and you can't not even look at him now that his fiancé knows about everything…' she thought as she walked to the kitchen.
 
“Hey Kaede, Inuyasha told me you might need my help” she said and looked at her while she cleaned up the table.
 
“Oh yes, cleaning day is the most important… everything has to look gorgeous and since Miss Kikyo is allergic to dust you must be very careful with the way you clean… so you should use this” she gave her a vacuum cleaner.
 
“Okay… you know if her baby would get that kind of thing?” she asked.
 
“Being Kikyo's baby I think it will be some kind of an evil demon…” Kagome giggled a little.
 
“But it's Inuyasha's kid too… I bet he will have his amber eyes…” she thought dreamily and sighed.
 
“Yeah… he or she would be very cute” Kagome nodded.
 
“I just feel bad for the kid… having a mother like Kikyo is not going to be easy…” she said and walked to the rooms.
 
Kagome first decided to go to Inuyasha's and Kikyo's room, she opened the door slowly and the first thing she noticed was the image reflected on the mirror, it was the image of Kikyo kissing Naraku. Kagome stared at the amazed and covered her mouth as she watched the kiss deepen.
 
 
A/N: I'm feeling so much better now… I guess I'll go back to school tomorrow =P… so there's some confusion about Ayame's age, she is 19… okay, now I should rest some more if I want my cold to disappear, review please!!! =)