InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ who are you? ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kouga was in shock for a moment, he asked his brother that same day and he said that he had no feelings for Kagome. `How could they lie to me this way? How could they do something so terrible to me? How could… she didn't tell me before I fell in love with her?' he thought as he felt his heart break.
 
“I do love you Kouga, but as much as a friend loves another… and believe me, I tried but I can't force myself to love you” Kagome said.
 
He stood there, with a blank stare, which made Kagome worry. She hugged him tightly and he felt something wet on his shoulder.
 
“I never meant to hurt you… and I hate myself for not loving you…” she cried.
 
Kouga pushed her and walked away. Kagome watched him go as she cried, the last thing she heard from him was his hurried foot steps as he walked downstairs and the front door slamming.
 
“Kagome, what's wrong with you?” Inuyasha asked her.
 
“I told Kouga… I told him everything” she cried.
 
“Where is he? I have to explain him…” he hugged her.
 
“He left…” she said and he cleaned her tears. “He hates me; I was such an idiot…”
 
“Don't cry, no one could hate someone like you…” he kissed her forehead and she smiled lightly.
 
“I can't let him do this… I have to find him by myself” she sighed and walked away.
 
“Well, I can't let you do this by yourself… he is my brother after all” he followed her out.
 
“If he sees us together he is going to freak out…”
 
“I'll just look for him and whoever finds him, will have to explain everything” Kagome nodded.
 
“I'll call you if I find him” she said and they both left the house.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kikyo took Ayame outside the doctor's office; they were supposed to get a blood test to know if they were really sisters. The lawyer met her on the outside of the building and once again, looked carefully at the girl who was supposed to be Asuka's daughter. `She looks like the woman but… she doesn't have any facial trace from his father… even the eye colors are different' he thought and shook his head.
 
“Scared ladies?” he asked and Kikyo shook her head.
 
“Not at all… let's get through this as soon as possible” Kikyo said and the lawyer nodded.
 
“Very well, please enter…”
 
The two girls walked in the doctor's office, they got their seats and waited for the doctor to come in and take the test. Ayame was nervous, but she had to pretend to be calmed, according to Kikyo everything was arranged. `She said the doctor was paid and that I had nothing to worry, after this I can go to college and buy more things for myself… I'm doing something good for both of us... but what about the true heiress? Is she as mean as Kikyo says? Or is Kikyo just using me?' Ayame thought and gulped.
 
“Good morning ladies, how are you today?” the doctor asked.
 
“Great, just trying to forget about the needles” Kikyo said and the doctor smiled.
 
“Now I want you to show me your arm” Kikyo gave him her arm and he plugged the needle in her vein, he took out the blood he needed and then placed a band aid on her wound.
 
“That hurt a bit…” Kikyo said taking a glass of water.
 
“It always does…” he said and took her blood sample away, he then grabbed another needle and looked at Ayame. “Your arm please”
 
Ayame nodded and extended her arm. `Remember that after this you'll be able to get into college… your big dream! And you will finally be able to study medicine… don't chicken out right now!' her mind commanded, even though she wasn't strong enough, before the doctor plugged the needle in her, she took away her arm.
 
“I'm sorry; I'm not the daughter of Asuka… I have to go” Ayame said and left hurriedly.
 
`Dammit! I was so close to get the money! Stupid girl… that wasn't supposed to happen!!!' Kikyo yelled on her inside, keeping her normal temperament.
 
“What a surprise, she lied to us…” the lawyer said amazed and Kikyo nodded.
 
“I can't believe it either…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome walked through every part of the city looking for Kouga, it was getting dark and she didn't want him to get in troubles for her fault. She looked everywhere, but didn't find him.
 
“Where are you?” she asked herself at loud and sighed.
 
She sat on the sidewalk, hoping he could walk by and convince him to forgive her. `I couldn't lie to him anymore, a man like him didn't deserve it… he is so sweet but… he's not my type and… I'm in love with Inuyasha…' she sighed heavily.
 
She kept on walking and saw a house burning; she was terrified but then heard some yelling.
 
“Help! Please! Somebody!” the voice said, even though she was scared to death, she decided to go in the house.
 
`Kouga can wait, someone could die here and I'm the only one who can save him or her…' she thought as she entered through the window, avoiding the flames.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kouga walked through the city, he wasn't planning on going somewhere and he wasn't even planning on returning home any time soon. All he was planning to do at that moment, was to make all the pain go away. `Kagome, Inuyasha… couple of traitors!' he thought as he kicked a can as hard as he could.
 
“Karma is coming to get me, for making all those girls crazy for me… I never thought that love could hurt this much…” he mumbled as he walked by.
 
`Why did they have to lie to me? Inuyasha had the perfect opportunity, I asked him twice, why couldn't he say it? It seems like they wanted to hurt me… like if they were plotting against me to make me miserable…' he sighed and noticed a small abandoned house there.
 
“It's getting dark, I guess I could sleep there for the night…” he sighed.
 
He entered the house through the window, it was broken and had pieces of glass around it so he was careful. The house was really dark and Kouga took out a couple of matches and lighted the house a little. He looked around the house and felt his fingers burning.
 
“Ouch… damn! Misery loves me” he said and tried to ease the pain by putting them on his mouth.
 
The fire started eating the curtains, Kouga tried to turn off the fire but it only made it bigger. The fire started going around the old furniture and the wooden walls, the smoke made it almost impossible to see and breath, Kouga started to get desperate, he tried to call down and called the firemen first, they told him they would be there as fast as they could and Kouga still tried to get out.
 
“Help! Please! Somebody!” he yelled, hoping someone could hear him.
 
The fire was getting closer to him and he started to panic, he then heard footsteps and a voice he knew very well.
 
“Hello? Who is in here?” Kagome yelled.
 
“Kagome! Don't get in here!” he yelled.
 
“Kouga! What's going on in here?” she said and got closer to him.
 
“Kagome, get out of here and get the firemen!” he coughed.
 
“No, I can't leave you alone…” she said and he half smiled. “I'll stay with you”
 
He grabbed her tightly, looking for a way out. He couldn't look clearly through the smoke but walked carefully through the house, when he finally found a way out a big piece of the roof fell in front of it.
 
“Kagome, if we don't get out of this… I want to let you know that, I love you even though you broke my heart…” Kagome coughed.
 
“Don't say that… let's go this way” she turned around and walked through the house.
 
She found the door and tried to break it down, when the she kicked on the door, a piece of the roof fell on top of her.
 
“Kagome!” Kouga yelled desperate, he took it off of her and noticed she was unconscious. “Kagome, forgive me… this is my entire fault… now we are going to die because I was stupid…”
 
Kouga heard the glass break and saw his big brother entering the house. Inuyasha walked carefully and saw Kouga with Kagome in his arms. Kouga gave Inuyasha a grateful look but none of them talked. Inuyasha took her in his arms and broke down the door. The firemen where out there and started quenching the fire. Inuyasha gave them Kagome so she could be checked.
 
“Are there anymore people inside?” one of them asked.
 
“No…” Kouga coughed.
 
“Sir, we have to take the girl to the hospital… she's not breathing” Kouga's eyes widened. “Who's going to join her?”
 
“I will” the two brothers said at the same time.
 
“You'll have to drive to the hospital” the man said and they nodded.
 
“Kouga… I…” he held up his hand.
 
“I don't want to hear it…” he said and looked out the window.
 
Inuyasha sighed heavily, his brother had every right to be mad at him and he knew that a lot of time was going to pass before his relationship with Kouga became the same it used to be. As soon as they got to the hospital, the two men got out of the car and walked to emergency.
 
“Where is she?” Inuyasha asked a nurse.
 
“Who?” she replied.
 
“A girl… who wasn't breathing, her name is Kagome” Kouga said.
 
“Oh… yeah, she's on room 117” they both ran and when they saw the door, they stopped.
 
“You go in…” Inuyasha said to Kouga but he shook his head.
 
“You're her man, she will be happier to see you” he said and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I'll be back in 5 minutes” Inuyasha said and entered the room.
 
Inuyasha saw Kagome, lying on bed with an artificial breather attached to her nose and mouth. He grabbed a chair and pulled it closer to her bed and grabbed her hand.
 
“Wake up Kagome, you won't leave everyone there waiting for you… right?” he hissed and kissed her hand lightly.
 
Inuyasha's cell phone rang and he picked it up.
 
“Hello?” he answered.
 
“Inuyasha, where are you? I've being looking for you in the house the whole day” Kikyo said.
 
“I was out looking for Kouga, I'm now at the hospital… they had an accident and now Kagome is in here”
 
“I'll be right there” Kikyo said and hung up.
 
Inuyasha felt Kagome moving; she opened her eyes slowly and took out the artificial breather. She coughed a little and Inuyasha smiled.
 
“You're awake, you didn't leave us…” he whispered and she gave him an awkward smile.
 
“Who are you?” she asked.
 
 
 
 
A/N: yeah, a short chapter but as I always say I'll make it up to you and I swear that this time it will be on the next chapter… now, to answer Stephanie's question: yes, Sesshomaru will be in this story but since I don't want to ruin the fun (and to keep you guys intrigued) I won't say when or how… lol… review please!!! =)