InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ what she deserves ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kagome, please stop playing…” Inuyasha pretended to chuckle.
 
“Kagome? Who's Kagome?” she asked.
 
“Ah… Mister Tsurugi, there you are… I see you already know about her problem” the doctor said.
 
“I don't understand this… if this is a joke, is not funny”
 
The doctor sighed and checked once again Kagome's case. He read it and sighed again, while Inuyasha looked at him with impatience.
 
“Umm… I don't know why I'm here but… can I go already?” Kagome asked.
 
“Not yet miss… please Mister Tsurugi, follow me” the doctor said and after they got out closed the door.
 
“Hey, what's going on?” Kouga asked.
 
“Are you here for Miss Kagome?” Kouga nodded. “Then I guess I should explain it to you too…”
 
“What's wrong with her?” Inuyasha asked again.
 
“I'm afraid she has temporary amnesia, it might have been caused by a very hard hit on the top or back of her head, she will get her memory back but it will take some time… ”
 
“How much time?” he asked desperate.
 
“About… a month” Inuyasha sighed; he noticed that Kouga was even more worried. “But it can be faster if you help her, you can't tell her everything… she has to remember by herself” the doctor warned.
 
“Can I… see her again?” Inuyasha asked timorous.
 
“Of course… I'll be right back” the doctor left Inuyasha was about to enter when he heard his brother's voice.
 
“It's my fault… I should have never let her in… I should have just died in there!” he yelled and punched the wall.
 
“Everything happens for a reason and I don't think this is any different” Inuyasha said and sighed. “Why don't you go on and see her?”
 
“I can't… I mean…” Kouga sighed heavily. “I don't know…”
 
“Why don't we go together? I think she would love to meet you”
 
When the two brothers entered they noticed that someone else was inside there already, Kikyo was there, chatting with Kagome and she seemed to be listening very carefully at everything that Kikyo was saying.
 
“So… I really work for you as a nanny?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yeah… and for my future husband, here he is” Kikyo said and kissed Inuyasha on the cheek.
 
“Who's Kouga?” Kagome asked and Kouga raised his hand, not paying attention. “So… you're my boyfriend, right?”
 
Kouga was lost for a moment, she seemed to be very serious, he knew that Kikyo didn't know about their breakup and maybe that was the reason she told her but what she didn't know was that Kagome already admitted him that she was in love with her older brother and based on the sings, it seemed that Inuyasha loved her too.
 
“I… you know, we…” he hesitated. “I…”
 
“He is… you two have been dating for about a week now” Inuyasha interrupted, Kouga only watched him dazed.
 
“See? I told you I wasn't lying…” Kikyo said and sat next to her.
 
“I see… can we… go to your house, Miss Kikyo?” Kagome asked.
 
“Sure… I'll take you” Kikyo said and looked at her fiancé. “And you take your brother, we'll meet there”
 
Kikyo left, followed by a Kagome who was still confused by all the information Kikyo had given her. Kouga stared Inuyasha, who seemed to be in pain.
 
“Why did you do it?” Kouga asked him.
 
“What are you talking about?” he asked.
 
“Why did you lie to her? You know she loves you and you love her as much as I do…”
 
“That's why I did it… because I love her… you deserve a second chance and she deserves to be happy” Inuyasha explained and left the room. “If you want to stay here, you will have to find someone to give you a ride home”
 
Kouga shook his head a little and followed him to his car.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome returned home and looked at the big mansion she was living at. `Wow… how lucky was I when I got hired? But… how are the kids I work with? Do I like them and am I strict with them or am I sweet and the love me for that? Should I ask… what was her name again? Oh yeah… Kio, no… it was something like Koio… whatever, I'll just ask her…' Kagome thought.
 
“Um… how are the kids with whom I…?”
 
“Kagome!” Sango interrupted. “I need you to help you with my dress tomorrow”
 
“Oh… this girl, you hate her… she is so annoying to you and she actually plays cruel jokes to you… I bet this one of them” Kikyo whispered on Kagome's ear.
 
“She seems nice…” Kagome hissed.
 
“Hello? Why are you talking to that bitch?” Kikyo gave her a deathly glare. “So are you going to help me?”
 
“Um… who are you?” Sango just burst in laughing.
 
“That was funny, so are you in?”
 
“I told you she was mean” Kikyo mumbled.
 
“Hello? Earth to Kagome…” Sango said.
 
“What? Is she talking to me?” Kagome asked Kikyo.
 
“Why did you brain wash her?” Sango asked Kikyo.
 
“I did not brain wash her… she has amnesia you ignorant monkey!” Kikyo leaned closer to her and whispered on her ear. “And it's time for me to take advantage of this”
 
Sango looked at her furious, whatever Kikyo was planning she knew it was something horrible. Kagome looked confused at the two women in front of her, both were shooting deathly glares at each other and it seemed that if one of them moved a single toe, a huge fight would get unleashed.
 
“Sango, what are you doing up so late?” Inuyasha asked as he and his brother entered the house.
 
“Is it trued that Kagome lost her memory?” Sango asked.
 
“Kikyo told you…” Inuyasha sighed. “She hit her head and she won't be able to remember anything in a month or so on… but you might help her by giving her hints about her past”
 
“Really? Then is not a lost cause…” Sango grinned at Kikyo.
 
“Can I go sleep? I feel tired… I do sleep here, right?” Kagome asked.
 
“Kouga, show Kagome her room please” Kouga nodded and took Kagome by the arm. Kagome grabbed his hand tightly and smiled at him. Kouga smiled at her gently and he took her up to her room. Kagome entered it, marveled, like if it was the first time she saw this, she ran to her bed and threw herself on it and giggled.
 
“You know, I kinda remember being here before… and… someone else with me here” Kagome smiled.
 
“Be quiet, Rin is sleeping” Kouga whispered.
 
Kagome looked beside her at the other bed there. Rin was sleeping like an angel, not a single noise that Kagome made disturbed her, Kagome looked at her and sobbed.
 
“What? What's wrong?”
 
“Why didn't anyone tell me I am a mother?” she asked and Kouga chuckled.
 
“You're not her mother… you love Rin as if you were but the truth is that she is kind of adopted by you” he sat next to her.
 
“Oh… why didn't you say it before? I bet I looked like an idiot” Kagome smiled embarrassed.
 
“Whatever you do or say, you look perfect…” Kagome smiled genuinely.
 
“You're so nice to me… now I know why I hooked up with you” she kissed him on the cheek.
 
“Yeah… I'm going to let you rest; you had a long day… goodnight ba… Kagome” he said and left.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
The next morning Kagome woke up and almost fell from her room, she didn't remember that it had stairs and went to check Rin. `How long is she supposed to sleep? Should I wake her up? Doesn't she go to school?' she thought and looked at the calendar she had hanging on her room, according to that it was supposed to be Saturday so she thought that even though the girl had school or not, she could let her rest. `Maybe I should write everything down so I don't forget it…'
 
Kagome grabbed a notebook and started writing all the information she got till now and she would keep this notebook to write the new information she would get today.
`Okay, let's begin… work: nanny, family:… who are my relatives and where are they? I guess I will just leave it blank… boyfriend: Kouga, family for who I work: Kouga, Inuyasha… he… seems… I don't know… I felt something weird when I saw him for the first time, like butterflies on my stomach…' she smiled dreamily and quickly shook her head.
 
`Friends: um… that's a tough one but till now Kikyo has proved to be someone very nice to me… I guess she is one of them… okay, I guess that's it…' she thought, closed the notebook, placed a pen on pocket and went carefully downstairs.
 
“Hey Kagome, good morning… would you mind convincing my brother about taking me to the mall? I got a date with Kanna” Kohaku said and Kagome opened her notebook again.
 
“Who are you?” Kohaku looked at her as if she was crazy.
 
“Um… Kohaku?” Kagome wrote something on her notebook. “Kouga's and Inuyasha's brother…”
 
“Thanks, now what did you ask me?” she asked and he shook his head.
 
“Forget it… I rather do it myself” he left and Kagome looked at him confused.
 
“Weird…” she saw Kouga approaching and smiled. “Hi Kouga, did you sleep well?”
 
“Yeah… what about you? Do you feel any better?” he asked.
 
“Um… I guess, would you mind showing me the house? I want to do a sketch so I don't get lost” he nodded.
 
Kouga took Kagome through all the rooms of the house, in each one of them he explained who's room was that or for what they used that room. Kouga sighed before knocking on Inuyasha's study room; he was still confused about what he told him last night at the hospital. You deserve a second chance and she deserves to be happy
 
“What's wrong? Is this some kind of forbidden room?” Kagome joked and he only smiled.
 
“No, this is my brother's study room… he usually works here and doesn't like to be interrupted” he explained and knocked.
 
“Come in…” they heard and entered the room. “Hey, are you feeling any better?”
 
“Um… I don't know how I'm supposed to feel but I guess I do…” she smiled a little.
 
“It's really good to know…” Inuyasha smiled and caressed her cheek, which made her blush furiously.
 
Kouga stared at them jealous, they loved each other so much that he could see it from the most little gestures, even though Inuyasha did what he did, he still proved to be deeply in love with Kagome and even though Kagome couldn't remember a thing, she seemed to remember who the man she was in love with was.
 
“Well, I guess I should go… see you later um… Mister…”
 
“Inuyasha is fine” he smiled and she nodded.
 
“Bye…” she said and closed the door after Kouga was out.
 
Inuyasha heard another knock on his door and gave whoever was knocking the permission to enter. Miroku had a grin on his face and made Inuyasha smile. `Another girl… who could be the poor girl this time? I pity her…' he thought.
 
“And what's the name of this one?” Inuyasha asked, Miroku seemed a little nervous.
 
“A gentleman never kiss and tell…” he said.
 
“Oh! Don't give me that crap now! You are always telling me everything…” Miroku sighed. “But somehow this girl seems to be very different… so what's so special about her?”
 
“I don't know… she's so young and so innocent that… she makes feel like a high school student in love…” he smiled. “What about you and Kagome?”
 
“There's nothing between us anymore… she lost her memory and I want her to forget about everything we had together”
 
“Why? You could always leave Kikyo and date her…”
 
“Kouga is in love with her and…” he left a big, heavy sigh. “She deserves someone good for a change, not an idiot like me”
 
“I never thought you actually leave the girl you love the most just for your brother's happiness”
 
“Yeah…” Inuyasha said and sighed. `Me neither'
 
 
 
A/N: I wanted to update both of my stories but my math homework is so big that I had to pick between the both of them… and since I wasn't feeling hentai minded (lol) I picked this one… I hope you enjoyed it, review please!!! =)