InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ lost memories ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome was at the playroom with the kids, Kouga left her alone since he had his usual tennis practice and he thought that it might be a good idea to let the kids help her get back her memory. Rin and Shippo were now free from their chicken pox, just a few red spots on their faces but it was no longer contagious. Rin was telling her some things about the day Kagome met her.
 
“So… if you stole my wallet, why did I bring you home with me?” Kagome asked confused.
 
“Think about it… a little girl like me, alone, so cute and sweet and…”
 
“Rin, get to the point” Shippo said and Rin giggled.
 
“Okay, so there I was… a small girl like me, with no family…” Rin said.
 
“Oh so… you are an orphan and since I felt bad for you I took you home with me!” Kagome said. “Yeah… now I remember, I felt sorry for you because… because…” Kagome bit her lip trying to think.
 
“Kagome, you and Rin are very similar… sure, you two share some differences but there's something about Rin's past that can be compared to yours” Shippo said.
 
“I… I… grew up in an orphanage…” she said and a small tear rolled down her cheek.
 
“Do you want us to stop?” Rin asked but Kagome just shook her head.
 
“I had to remember eventually…” Kagome grabbed her notebook and wrote on it.
`Family: unknown, orphan…' she wrote and closed looked at her previous pages. “So… my boyfriend, Kouga… what can you tell me about him?”
 
“He's my brother…” Shippo said and Kagome smiled.
 
“I know that… what I meant was… about my relationship with him, what can you tell me?” Rin and Shippo looked at each other and shook their heads. “What?”
 
“We honestly don't know anything about your relationship with him…” Shippo answered.
 
“You know… there's something that has been bothering me, the older brother… Inuyasha” Kagome whispered his name and looked around. “Did I have some feelings for him?”
 
“Why do you ask that?” Rin asked smiling.
 
“I don't know… when I see Inuyasha, I feel so… weird… butterflies on my stomach, I blush a lot but…” Kagome heard the door screeching and she saw Kouga standing there. “Kouga! Wait…”
 
Kagome followed him out of the house, for two blocks she yelled to get some response from him. `I was such an idiot… why did I even think about saying that?' she told herself as she yelled his name once again. Kouga, on the other hand, wasn't angry at all. He was jealous, it didn't matter that her memory disappeared, she could still recognize who was the man she loved.
 
“Kouga! Please wait for me! I can explain!” she yelled and he stopped.
 
“You have nothing to explain Kagome, I… kinda knew about this” he sighed.
 
“You did? But what I just said was…” he placed a finger on her mouth.
 
“I'm not mad or anything… things like this happen all the time, see you later Kagome” he said and left her.
 
Kagome returned home, dazed about Kouga's words, she knew he wasn't mad with her at all but somehow… she whished he was. `I feel like trash and he still loves me, he still isn't mistreating me, he just… he just sighs… why can't I remember? Why did something like this have to happen to me?' she thought and entered the house.
 
“What did he say?” Rin asked.
 
“Um… I think that's something between the two of us…” Kagome sighed.
 
“Don't you remember that you tell me everything?” Rin said.
 
“I don't think so…” Kagome said and Rin laughed a little.
 
“You seem to be getting back your memory…” Shippo said.
 
“Yeah… I wish…” she sighed, the kids left and she looked at her notebook.
 
`Work: nanny, family: unknown, orphan, boyfriend: currently single, family for who I work: Kouga, Inuyasha, Shippo, Rin… that noisy girl named…' she tried to remember.
 
“What was her name?” she mumbled.
 
“Sango, Inuyasha's only little sister” Kikyo answered and sat next to her.
 
“Oh hey…” Kagome thought again, trying to remember her name.
 
“Kikyo” she helped her.
 
“Right… would you mind helping me? I'm writing everything so I can remember this kind of stuff…” Kikyo nodded and read what she had on her notebook.
 
“You know? You and I aren't friends…” Kikyo said and Kagome looked at her confused.
“I thought we were since…”
 
“No, we are best friends” Kagome smiled. “By the way, I'm pregnant”
 
“Oh! Congratulations! I have the feeling that…” Kagome grabbed her head.
 
Images started floating around her head, about Kikyo with a man, kissing. Kagome rubbed her temple gently, there were some other images of her mistreating her and the last one, was of her with a white cute dress, kissing Inuyasha.
 
“Is something wrong?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Just a weird headache…” she said, shaking her head. “I think I had enough for today”
 
“Well, I have to go now… I hope you get back your memory” Kikyo said.
 
`Not… the last thing you need to remember is what our relationship used to be… this turned to be something perfect for my situation…' Kikyo thought and grinned.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome kept on writing more stuff about the life she had, a few hours earlier she had a visit from someone named Eri, she told her that she was her best friend, where she used to work and how close she and Eri were. Kagome got confused by something Eri told her. “You're in love with the cutest man on earth… he is engaged but you always thought he could drop her and be with you” Eri's words flooded on her head.
 
`Kikyo said we were best friends, Eri told me the same thing… and Kikyo told me that my boyfriend was Kouga but Eri told me I am in love with some other man… this is so confusing, Kouga told me something like that but I… I don't know…' Kagome sighed heavily and looked at her notebook, she had to write everything on another page since the first one in which she wrote was filled with doodles and arrows trying to connect with new ideas she wrote.
 
“I hate this…” she mumbled.
 
“You better keep on trying since it's the only way in which you can get back your memory” Inuyasha said.
 
“Inuyasha… would you mind helping me?” she asked.
 
“Um… I rather not doing it… its sort of complicated” he sighed.
 
“I just need to know something, who was the man I loved?”
Inuyasha looked at her, a little nervous from the question and quickly looked away and stood up. `What the fuck am I supposed to say here?! How will I tell her that she was in love with me and so I am but she can't be with me `cause my girlfriend is pregnant…' he sighed.
 
“Do you know?” her voice took him out from his thoughts.
 
“Well… I honestly…”
 
“Inuyasha, I need you to explain me this papers” Miroku said, coming from his study room.
 
“What a shame, maybe later…” she smiled and nodded.
 
“Thanks anyway” she kissed him lightly on the cheek and left.
 
Kagome felt her cheeks hot red as she walked away. She looked at Inuyasha with the corner of her eye and noticed that he was smiling and touching his cheek after she did it. `Inuyasha… my heart beats faster only by saying his name, he is… he is…' she felt her head fill with images again, but this time there were only ones in which she was with Inuyasha outside on the peach tree, kissing.
 
“The peach tree! I remember!” she said happily and ran outside.
 
Kagome walked out and saw the peach tree, with the swing Kouga built for her and she sat on it as she got some more memories. `Shippo and Kohaku were fighting for this the first time they say it… it was also the time Sango and I became friends… it was also the same night Kouga stole a kiss from me…but… Inuyasha… I can't remember anything about him and Kikyo and my friends…' she frowned at the last thought and then giggled. `I have to be thankful that I at least remember something…'
 
“I have to write them down!” she said at loud and went for her notebook.
 
Kikyo and Naraku were just walking by, talking some more about the tricks they would make if the pregnancy thing didn't work.
 
“And what about Kagome? What if she does get her memory back?” Naraku asked.
 
“Oh, that bitch? You don't have to worry about her… I already brain washed her”
 
“And what about me? Are you going to let Inuyasha fire me?” she shook her head.
 
“You're the only good thing that I have here… why wouldn't I keep you?” Naraku grinned.
 
“Thank god that girl lost her memory, if she didn't… we would be doomed by now…” he bent to kiss her.
 
Kagome was in time for their kiss, Kagome ran to the kitchen but from the shock, she dropped her notebook. Kikyo reacted when she heard the notebook drop to the floor and went to pick it up.
 
“Are we in trouble?” Naraku asked.
 
“I don't think so… as long as we have this” she showed him the notebook and grinned.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha reentered the study room in where his best friend was working in a case about another idiot suing him. Miroku called him since there where some things about the case that he couldn't understand.
 
“What's this all about?” he showed him the papers.
 
“He wants to sue us because he did some `bad' advertisement for him…” Inuyasha rolled his eyes and sat on a chair.
 
“This is stupid… this guy is desperate for money” Miroku said and placed away the papers.
 
“Tell me about it…” Inuyasha's cell phone started ringing “hello?”
 
“Inuyasha, is nice to finally hear from you…”
 
“What the fuck? Stop bugging me… you were smart to use another cell phone, what do you want anyway?”
 
“This time it has nothing to do about business, its just family…”
 
“What are you going to do now?” Inuyasha asked rubbing his temple.
 
“Nothing that will disturb you… I just want you to know that I'll be visiting you soon”
 
“Yeah, whatever… I'll have a room ready for you”
 
“And maybe I'll even stay for your wedding”
 
“Wow… I feel honored” Inuyasha said sarcastically.
 
“See you soon, Inuyasha…”
 
“Bye…” Inuyasha hung up and threw his phone away. “Remind me that I should change my phone number for next time…”
 
“There's only one person who gets you in that way, since we were little… it was…”
 
“Don't you dare to say his name! It was bad enough to talk to him by the phone… I don't want to talk about him anymore…”
 
Miroku laughed a little and Inuyasha stood up.
 
“Where are you going?” Miroku asked.
 
“I have to think about something else or I'm going to kill myself…” Inuyasha said and left.
 
After a few minutes, Miroku heard some knocking on the door and when the door opened he saw his girlfriend entering the room and closing it slowly.
 
“Sango, what are you doing here?” Miroku hissed and she kissed him.
 
“I thought you missed me as much as I missed you” she explained as she locked her arms around his neck.
 
“I missed you too but… your brother is around here somewhere, what would he say if he saw us like this?” he said as he placed his hands on her waist.
 
“Do you really care right now?” she said as she leaned forward to kiss him.
 
Miroku saw the door opening and saw Inuyasha standing on the middle of it. Miroku and stood there, frozen.
 
“What the fuck are you two doing?”
 
 
 
 
A/N: yay!!!!!!! I feel so close to the 100 reviews… I think that if I get them I'll make a party or something lol… I'm just kidding, last time I was sooooooooooooooooooooo close but unfortunately I got stuck with 94… whatever, I wanted to explain you guys that next week I'll be so busy since I'll have exams but that same Friday I'm done with them I'll update but till then… my last update will be this Friday, so… review please!!! =)