InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ sweet 16 ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: thanks for 100 reviews, I'm really happy although I can't show it… stress is killing me and I thankfully started writing this chapter before that happened… so review… and thanks again (ps: oh yeah, there's a song in this chapter it's from Alexz Johnson, the song is called `that girl'… it's a really good song, check it out) ; )
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
It's been two days since Miroku broke up with Sango, she felt horrible, she even tried to cancel her big birthday party but Kagome convinced her on not to do it. `Kagome is right; I shouldn't let him ruin everything… I should just try to forget about him as soon as possible and even forget that I love him…' Sango held her tears back as she looked at her beautiful dress, a turquoise dress up to her knee, strapless and with shoes of the same color.
 
In the meanwhile of the two days, Inuyasha and Kagome had been getting closer. They had gone out on secret dates a few times and tonight was the night in which Inuyasha would cancel his engagement with Kikyo. Kagome and Inuyasha were with Sango, she was supposed to come out when all her guests arrived and they were joining her in a room till it was time for that.
 
“I'm getting bored…” Sango said, walking around Inuyasha's study room.
 
Since Sango was about to cancel her party, Inuyasha canceled the reservation he had on a hotel but when Kagome convinced her on having her party, Inuyasha had no other choice than to do it on the mansion. He hired some party planners and they decorated the house just like Sango wanted it, after all, it was her birthday party.
 
“Don't worry, your brother will tell us when we can go out…” Kagome said and felt Inuyasha's hand grabbing hers.
 
No one knew about the secret relationship the two of them had except for Kouga, who was out of the city to practice tennis, after Kagome got her memory back he packed some of his things and left, they didn't know about it until the morning in which he called. Kagome gave Inuyasha a look and he smiled pulling away his hand.
 
“I'm sure Kohaku will come soon… or Miroku” Inuyasha said, at the sound of that name Sango breathed heavily and tried not to cry.
 
“Sango, everyone is waiting for you” Kohaku said and Sango got up.
 
“Okay…” she said and left the room to get to her party.
 
Almost the whole school went to her party, most of them were friend of her brother and they were good friend of her too. Her best friend was there with her piano teacher.
 
“Sango! You look spectacular!” Kirara said and Sango hugged her.
 
“Thanks… I never thought so many people would come” she said looking around to the people who were waiting to greet her.
 
“Happy birthday Sango” Kenshin said and placed a kiss on her lips.
 
“Thanks Kenshin, I thought you weren't coming… you said you were going to perform in CMM club again” he sighed.
 
“Yeah… but I thought about skipping it so I could see my favorite student on her birthday” he said and hugged her.
 
“Kenshin, I'm your only student” she giggled and then saw Miroku there with Inuyasha.
 
Miroku looked back at her and sighed, Sango replaced her giggles for a sad smile and waved at him gently he gave her the same smile and did the same. The DJ started playing the music and Sango grabbed Kenshin's hand.
 
“Dance with me…” she said.
 
“No, I'm not a good dancer” he said.
 
“Oh please? C'mon… I'm the birthday girl” he chuckled.
 
“Okay, but just once…” she pulled him to the dance floor and started dancing.
 
Miroku eyed them jealous; he loved that girl so much that it hurt him to see her hugging him, looking at him, smiling at him, dancing with him. He grabbed a glass of champagne from a waiter and swallowed it in a gulp.
 
“What's wrong with you today?” Inuyasha asked, watching him with curiosity.
 
“I'm just a little stressed” Miroku said and sighed, he looked at Kagome coming to their direction. “I think I'll go check your brothers and Rin” he patted him on the shoulder and left.
 
“Why are you alone?” Kagome asked.
 
“Miroku left… and I just realized why” he kissed her lightly on the cheek and grabbed her hand.
 
“But… if Kikyo…” he placed a finger on her lips.
 
“You shouldn't worry about her anymore… she was somewhere around here but I haven't seen her since we were with Sango” Inuyasha noticed.
 
“I saw her going to the bathroom but…” Inuyasha's cell phone interrupted.
 
“Hold on a second” he pulled it out and answered. “Hello?”
 
“I'm glad you answered me Inuyasha” he said.
 
“For Christ Sakes, what do you want now?” Inuyasha asked annoyed.
 
“I'll be arriving tomorrow, but please let Sango have my gift… it'll be arriving anytime soon” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Great… thanks, bye” he hung up before his cousin could complain. “Idiot…”
 
“Who was that?” Kagome asked.
 
“My stupid cousin, that idiot is such a bastard …” he sighed annoyed.
 
“What did he say?”
 
“He said his gift would be arriving anytime soon…”
 
“Ooh… he seems so mean” Kagome giggled and he kissed her on the cheek again. “Stop doing that!”
 
“It's my only way of getting back at you” he chuckled and she blushed lightly.
 
“But why do you hate him so much?”
 
“It's because he is always trying to beat me… if I had a bike, he had a car, if I had an apartment, he had a whole house, if I had a grape, he had a watermelon! That's why I hate him…”
 
“He doesn't seem that bad…” Kagome said and he looked at her a little angry. “I hope he comes soon”
 
“The man is pure evil! And you won't meet him…” he said.
 
“And why not?”
 
“Because… I don't want you to… he would do the same thing he does with all the girls I've been with” Inuyasha sighed.
 
“But what about Kikyo?” she asked.
 
“The only reason Kikyo isn't with him instead of me, is because he never met her… and I don't want him to meet you either”
 
Kagome smiled at Inuyasha's overprotective attitude. `it's kind of cute that he is jealous about me and his cousin without even happening but… he doesn't have anything to worry, I could never love anyone else but him… so cute…' she sighed and kissed him lightly on the cheek.
 
“I'll go check the kids until… you know what” she smiled and he pulled her closer to him.
 
“Give me a kiss… and it's a deal” he whispered on her ear and she giggled.
 
Kagome kissed him quickly on the cheek and left before he could complain, he looked at her as she walked to the kid's room and took his eyes away from her as soon as he saw Kikyo coming to his direction.
 
“Hey baby, why are you so happy?” Kikyo asked.
 
“It's my sister's party, why wouldn't I be happy?” he said and took Kikyo's hand. “By the way, we need to talk”
 
“Alright… I love you” she said and kissed him lightly on the lips as they walked to the study room.
 
Inuyasha stopped, he did want to cancel the engagement with her but, Kikyo seemed so in love with him that it hurt him do something so cruel to her. `I can't be with her for pity… I know this will hurt at the beginning but… I know this will be the best… for both of us and our baby… besides, if Kikyo freaks out she will ruin Sango's party and I don't want that to happen…' he thought and turned around.
 
“You know? This can wait… I'll tell you tomorrow” he smiled and she did the same.
 
“Okay, I'm feeling tired…” she yawned. “I'm going to bed, goodnight hun”
 
“Sleep well” Inuyasha said as Kikyo walked upstairs.
 
“Inuyasha, I think it's time for you to give Sango's present” Miroku hissed and he nodded.
 
“Okay, attention everybody…” Inuyasha yelled and everyone turned to him. “So, besides having this big party I thought about getting something extra for you Sango… and here it is”
 
The DJ stopped the music as Kohaku, Shippo, Rin and Kagome entered the room with a large rectangular box and Sango looked at it curious. She sat on the stairs with the box and started opening it, she saw a Yamaha portable digital piano and if it wasn't for her friends around her she would have screamed in joy.
 
“Inuyasha this is awesome! Thanks!” she said as she ran to hug me.
 
“Don't thank me, Miroku thought it would be perfect” he whispered on her ear and she stopped.
 
“Thanks…” she said looking at Miroku and he only nodded.
 
“Hey Sango, why don't you try it and play a song?” Kenshin offered and everyone agreed.
 
“Oh no, I couldn't possibly play anything right now…”
 
“What about that song that you wrote yesterday? That was good” Kenshin said and Sango blushed.
 
“Sango, you write songs? Oh my god… you're unbelievable” Kirara said and she blushed even more. “You should definitely play it”
 
“I don't have anything for the background” Sango said.
 
“I'll think about something…” Kenshin said and she sighed defeated.
 
“Alright, let's do it” she said and looked at Miroku once again.
 
Sango placed her new piano on the wooden furniture in which she used to have her old piano. Kenshin sat right there and Sango grabbed the lyrics she wrote yesterday, while Kenshin played a slow tune.
 
You said you didn't need me, but you did
You said
you didn't want me ,but you do
It's kinda like a comedy
Well first you kiss me
Then you say we're through
I say you
got some issues, yeah, you do
Some things yo
u gotta work through, really do
It's sorta like a talk show, no wait a freak show
W
here the freak is you

I'm the smoke from your fire
I'm that lie you can trust
I'm the chord on your guitar
I'm that girl you can't shut up
I'm that blood you might need
In your car when you speed
In that cigarette you breathe
You can't get rid of me

You said I wasn't funny, but you laughed

You said I couldn't drive fast, then you crashed
Funny how it works out
With your big mouth
You'll always get it back
You
thought you had me worked out, you're not deep
Mr. "I Screw About",
you're still a creep
At best you could've confessed
That you're a big mess
And that you're so damn weak

The chorus played again and Miroku looked at his ex girlfriend fascinated, he knew now more than ever that he was really and totally head over heels for her. It didn't matter that Inuyasha would hate him forever, as long as this girl would stay with him for that time.

But still, I try and justify
Try to let this die
We'll never say goodbye I can't wait
I'll rub it in your face
Dressed in pretty lace
I'll send you home, to cry

I'm the blood you might need
In your car when you speed
In that cigarette you breathe
You can't get rid of me
Yeah, yeah

Can't get rid of me
 
Everyone clapped at Sango and she smiled and when her eyes focused at Miroku, some tears gathered on her eyes. She looked away and immediately Kenshin hugged her tightly, placing a kiss on her cheek and patting her on the back a few times.
 
“You were awesome” he said and she sniffed.
 
“Thanks, I'll be right back” Sango left for a while.
 
“What's wrong with her?” Inuyasha asked and Miroku shook his head. “I think I will talk to her later…”
 
“No, I'll do it…” Miroku said and heard the doorbell. “Who could be at this time?”
 
“Oh, this is not good…” Inuyasha sighed and went to open the door.
“Package for Miss Sango Tsurugi” a messenger said and Kagome walked over to them.
 
“What's this?” she asked.
 
“I'll take it… I'm her brother” Inuyasha said.
 
“No, Mister Tsurugi told us to give this specifically to Miss Sango” Inuyasha let out an annoyed sigh and felt Kagome's hand on his shoulder.
 
“I'll call her…” she said and went to find her, Sango came back with a Kagome a few seconds later. Sango signed the papers and the man took her to the backyard, where she found it illuminated with lights that formed `happy birthday' and a concert piano right there.
 
“Oh my god! I love this!!!” Sango said and walked up to it. “It's my own concert piano! I love it! This is awesome! Who could do something like this?”
 
“Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha yelled. “Come out from wherever the fuck you are!”
 
“Inuyasha, I see you missed me…”
 
Kagome eyed at the man who thought was Inuyasha's cousin, he had the same color of Inuyasha's silvery white hair and the same color of amber gold eyes, she thought they could almost be brothers but Sesshomaru had a cold look on his face that made Kagome shiver and a little scared. The man had the same length or maybe longer, of Inuyasha's hair.
 
“Do you always have to…?”
 
“Sesshy!” Sango interrupted Inuyasha as she hugged Sesshomaru. “My favorite only cousin!”
 
“The same Sango, but I think Inuyasha can't say the same” Inuyasha eyed him evilly and Kagome elbowed him.
 
“It's your sister's birthday party; do you want to ruin it?” Kagome hissed on his ear and he calmed down.
 
“And who's this? Your girlfriend?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Well, actually she…
 
“Kagome? No! She's kind of our nanny… Inuyasha knew that he couldn't handle us anymore” Sesshomaru looked at the girl carefully; he grabbed her hand and kissed it lightly.
 
“My name is Sesshomaru Tsurugi, it's a pleasure to meet you” Kagome blushed lightly and swallowed hard.
 
“The same…” she answered and felt Inuyasha's hand grabbing her hand, pulling it away from his cousin's grip.
 
“Now we all are going inside, starting with you… Sango, it's your birthday party inside” Sango nodded.
 
“I almost forgot… it's just that, look at it! It's a concert piano! How many people have concerts piano?!” she said and that made Inuyasha even madder.
 
“Your guests might be waiting for you” Sango kissed Sesshomaru on the cheek.
 
“You're right… thanks again” she said and went inside.
 
“Inuyasha? Are you here?” Kikyo said and stepped out to the backyard. “Um… who are you?”
 
“I'm Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's cousin” Kikyo smiled and hugged him.
 
“It's such a pleasure, I'm so glad to meet you, I'm Kikyo… Inuyasha's future wife” Inuyasha sighed and Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow.
 
“Inuyasha has such a fine taste in women” Kikyo giggled a little.
 
“Thanks, I'm going back to bed… are you coming soon Inuyasha?” he shook his head. “Okay, I'll be waiting”
 
“So, what about you Kagome? Do you have a boyfriend?”
 
“Oh me? Well, kind of…” Sesshomaru sighed.
 
“What a shame, but I had to know… someone as beautiful as yourself couldn't be without a man” she blushed lightly and Inuyasha cleared his throat.
 
“Let's go back inside…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
After the party, Sango went to her room to change, her feet hurt and she felt a little dizzy for the champagne she had. She was already on her pajamas, playing some tunes with the piano Inuyasha gave her. She was trying to play the same melody Kenshin played as she sang her song. `I can't believe I actually sang it… no one was supposed to hear it, especially him… although, some part of me did want him to hear it… I wanted him to know what he thinks about it and if he would change…' Sango sighed and felt tears rolling down her cheeks, she heard a knock and she cleaned her tears as she opened the door.
 
“Miroku…” she said softly.
 
“Sango, I wanted to… I… I don't know where to start” he sighed.
 
“Why did you come here?”
 
“I wanted to apologize… I was an idiot and I… I broke up with you for the fear of brother… I did it because I didn't want to hurt Inuyasha but I rather hurt him… than to hurt you…” Sango smiled a little and cried a little.
 
“I love you Miroku and I don't care about what Inuyasha say will when he sees us” Sango said and Miroku smiled.
 
“I think the same way”
 
In a matter of seconds, their lips locked to feel the burning flame of their love in a kiss. Sango smiled as he kissed her, she closed her eyes tightly and so did he; finally she knew that they would be together, no matter what her brother will say. Kagome walked by and saw them kissing, she was touched by their love expression but she had to remember that she would never see something like that again if she didn't break them apart.
 
`Okay… let's see… how to break them apart? Oh god… I don't want to but… they look so cute together!' Kagome thought smiling. She then saw Inuyasha coming towards them and Kagome tried to stop him, but he was so intrigued by what Kagome was watching that he ignored him. He was speechless as he saw his best friend kissing his little sister.
 
“Would you mind explaining me what the fuck is going on in here?” Inuyasha asked, as Sango and Miroku directed their gaze to him.
 
Only one thought crossed Miroku's and Sango's mind. `We are in trouble'