InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ it just happens ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Inuyasha… we…” Sango started but as soon as Inuyasha looked at her, she stopped.
 
“You stay here with Kagome” he now looked at his best friend. “You, to the study room… now”
 
Miroku nodded and followed him to the study room. As soon as they were out of sight, Sango dropped to her knees and cried. Kagome hugged her tightly and tried to calm her down.
 
“Everything is going to be okay” Kagome assured her but she only cried.
 
“No, you don't know Inuyasha… he will hate Miroku forever and they are best friends and it's all my fault! I made them hate each other and now I won't even have Miroku…” she cried some more and Kagome sighed.
 
“Would you feel better if I listen to their conversation?” Kagome offered and Sango nodded.
 
“If something happens to Miroku… I would never forgive myself” Sango whispered and Kagome kissed her lightly on the forehead.
 
“You have nothing to worry about, everything is going to be okay” she repeated. “You go to sleep…”
 
“Thanks Kagome” Sango hugged her and went to her room.
 
Kagome went downstairs and walked quietly to Inuyasha's study room, so he wouldn't notice she was going to hear his conversation. When she placed her ear next to the door, she felt the door opening. She almost fell at this and when she looked up she saw Inuyasha and she smiled nervously.
 
“I was just…”
 
“I know you were about to hear my conversation and I rather have you inside…” he said and let her in.
 
“What now Inuyasha?” Miroku asked.
 
“What do you mean `what now'? You know damn well what is going to happen! You had no right to try your moves on my sister! How dare you!” he yelled.
 
“I wasn't trying anything… I love her and…”
 
“Don't give me that shit! You only use girls and then drop them… they are like tissues for you! I can't believe you two did something like that to me… and when I found you two together… I'm such an idiot!” he yelled and hit the wall.
 
“I never wanted to hurt you! You are my best friend, why would I…?”
 
“Don't call me your best friend… you dared to touch my little and only sister…she's almost your own sister! You saw her growing up! You knew her since she was born and you dared to manipulate her and convince her to love you!”
 
“She really loves him…” Kagome said and Inuyasha turned his attention to her.
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“Sango told me about their relationship and…”
 
“You knew about this and you never told me?!?” he became mad again.
 
“I didn't know how! I did want them to tell you… I hate lying to you” she explaining and he sighed.
 
“Miroku… you won't get near my sister, my house or my family ever again or I'll get you in jail”
 
“C'mon Inuyasha… this is ridiculous…”
 
“Get out of my house now…” he said.
 
“You can't be serious…”
 
“NOW!” he yelled and Miroku looked at him with anger.
 
“Fine, call me when you get over with this” Miroku said and slammed the door as he left the house.
 
Kagome could almost see Inuyasha's eyes burning in anger; she was so afraid that she couldn't even talk. He walked to his desk and sat, still having that awful look in his eyes. `What am I supposed to say? There's nothing I can do to make him feel better… or should I…'
 
“Why didn't you tell me?” he finally asked, his voice had softened.
 
“If you think it was because I wanted to lie you… it's not it, I hate myself for not telling you but I wanted them to talk you about it… so you could understand it… but I guess I was wrong…” Kagome sighed.
 
“Oh my god! You have to be kidding me! How could you think I would approve that kind of relationship?!?”
 
“And why not?”
 
“The man is almost 15 years older than her!” he yelled.
 
“And you are 5 years older than me, but has that stopped us?”
 
Inuyasha stared at with anger, but she knew he wasn't angry at her, he was angry because she was right. So what if he was older? Love has no age or time, it just happens.
 
“He is the world's biggest pervert… I won't let someone like him get near Sango” he stated.
 
“And you are the world's biggest jerk… and I still let you get near me” Kagome kissed him lightly on the lips. “Goodnight”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
The next morning, Inuyasha went down to the kitchen to find his cousin with all of his brother's around him, Sesshomaru was telling them a cute story from when Inuyasha and he were little. Inuyasha was completely jealous, Sesshomaru always had to be the center of attention and always have to prove he was better than Inuyasha in every single way.
 
“So there we where… in the middle of jungle and then I saw the compass rose Inuyasha threw earlier and took it, since I did know how to use it I found the way back home…” Sesshomaru ended the story.
 
“Whoa! You are awesome!” Shippo said.
 
“Yeah… I never thought my brother used to be so arrogant since he was 7” Kohaku said and the rest of them laughed.
 
“If you were my cousin I would love you forever” Rin said and Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“Thanks Rin, but I'd wish I could get someone else's love” he looked at Kagome, who blushed.
 
“Oh shut up already!” Inuyasha said annoyed as he grabbed a cup of coffee.
 
“Good morning everyone” Sango said, her eyes looked puffy and red while her voice was cracking.
 
“Sango, are you okay?” Kagome asked and placed her hand on her shoulder.
 
“Yeah… completely” she forced a smile, grabbed a plate of pancakes and went to her room.
 
“Inuyasha, hun… we need to talk” Kikyo said as she walked down to the kitchen.
 
“Alright…” he grabbed his cup of coffee and they both walked to the study room.
 
They had a lot of things to talk about, Kikyo knew that Inuyasha was planning on cancel the engagement and she couldn't let that happen. On the other hand, Inuyasha wanted to cancel the engagement as soon as possible, Kagome was now the only thing on his mind and he wouldn't let Sesshomaru take her away from him. As soon as they entered, Kikyo started crying.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked concerned.
 
“I… I… lost the baby” she said and Inuyasha's heart sunk.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kouga was still practicing tennis; he never left the city that was just a lie he used to get away from his family for a while. He was staying at a hotel near the tennis court and every morning he went over there and practiced till they closed the place, he was going to his house when he noticed a bar on his way.
 
“I could get a drink… as long as they don't check ID” he entered it with no problem and sat at the bar.
 
“Hi, what can I… Kouga?” Ayame asked.
 
“Hey, how you doing?” he asked.
 
“Well… I work here to gain extra money for college… but…” she started whispering. “Aren't you underage?”
 
“Yeah… I guess I won't get a drink tonight” she giggled a little.
 
“Only one… enjoy it” she handed him a beer and he smiled.
 
“Thanks…” he drank half of it. “Is it almost time for you to go home?”
 
“Yeah… in 5… wanna join me?” she asked and blushed a little.
 
“Okay” he answered.
 
Ayame served a few more drinks and then changed her clothes to go home. Kouga finished his drink on the meanwhile and waited for her outside, until she came out so he could walk her home.
 
“Ready?” Ayame asked and he nodded.
 
“I was wondering… how old are you?” he asked.
 
“Um… 19… I just had my birthday three months ago” she smiled.
 
“Really? I'm about to be 19… in half a year” she giggled dryly and then she saw a shadow.
 
“Um… you know what? I think I want to go home alone tonight… see ya”
 
Kouga stared at her confused, she walked with the shadow he saw earlier and decided to follow her to know what was happening. He got into a dark alley where there were a small group of people, around 3 girls and 4 guys. He got behind a garbage can and tried to hear what they were talking about.
 
“Guys… tonight we are going to get the other part of the city ours” a guy said, he had Ayame's hand.
 
“Are you sure Kenoske? That's what you said last time…” a girl asked.
 
“No… tonight is the night, I got my lucky charm with me” he said and kissed Ayame lightly on the cheek.
 
“And why haven't you been with us lately? I thought you were part of our group”
 
“I am… but college…”
 
“Oh right… the nerdy girl here wants to study more”
 
“Stop bugging her Yuka” Kouga moved lightly and made the garbage can fall. “Hey!”
 
Kouga ran but they guys catch up with him right away, they surrounded him and two of them pulled out a knife while the other two, including Kenoske pulled out a gun.
 
“An intruder… I bet he's a spy from Kuranoske” Kenoske said.
 
“And what are you going to do with him?” Yura asked.
 
“Let's kill him” Kenoske said and pointed his gun at him.
 
“No! Wait!” Ayame yelled.
 
“What now girl?”
 
“He's a friend! I know him… he has nothing to do with Kuranoske” Ayame said.
 
“Is this true?” Kenoske asked placing the gun on Kouga's forehead.
 
“Yeah… I know her, Ayame…” he said swallowing hardly.
 
“If you know what's good for you… you would stop spying on us… now leave” everyone got their weapons back to their hidden places.
 
Kenoske and the rest of the gang followed him but Ayame stayed with Kouga. He stared at her and she looked at him with sadly eyes.
 
“Please Kouga, follow Kenoske's advice and don't follow me again… at least not right now”
 
“But why are you with them?” he asked.
 
“Ayame! Where are you?!” Kenoske yelled.
 
“Coming!” she yelled back and lowered her voice to talk to Kouga. “I can't say… bye”
 
Kouga watched her leave, confused and still a little scared by Kenoske's actions, but there was something else bothering him. `Why is she with them?' he thought, not wanting to get into trouble again he walked back to his hotel.
 
 
 
 
A/N: okay, so next week will be my update since I'm starting exams on Monday… and now that I am kind of free from stress I can say THANKS GUYS!!!!! For the 100 reviews… and now I wanna get 200 but no need to get greedy… lol, so keep reviewing please!!! =)