InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There's Something So Special About Her ❯ worthless or not? ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shippo and Rin had been following Kikyo all around the house for the whole day, Kikyo noticed it but pretended to be cool with it since she was so `hurt' by the lost of her baby now that she couldn't even yell. `These brats are taking my patience away… what are they up to?' she thought as she entered the bathroom. Shippo and Rin placed their ears against the bathroom door, trying to hear something.
 
“Do you think she noticed we were following her?” Rin asked whispering.
 
“She's too dumb like to notice anything…” they giggled softly and tried to hear.
 
“My baby… my baby…” Kikyo pretended to cry and the kids felt very wrong spying on her. “Why you? Why did you have to leave me?”
 
“Don't you think that if she was faking she wouldn't be crying right now?” Shippo whispered and Rin nodded.
 
“But how do we know that she doesn't know that we know that she's faking and now she's pretending to be so hurt so we could believe her” she said and Shippo looked at her confused.
 
“You made my head spin…” she giggled and felt the door opening, the kids ran away and she went to her room.
 
“I don't think she's faking anymore, no one could fake to be that ill...” Shippo said.
 
“I still think she's faking… look, what if she is doing all this to keep Kagome away from Inuyasha? And then she will marry your brother and everything will be horrible!” she panicked.
 
“You're right! Baby or no baby, we won't let her marry Inuyasha… we have to get back the old Kikyo… the mean, horrible witch that wanted to use us to cast spells on us” Rin laughed.
 
“So what are we going to do?” she asked.
 
“Kikyo is now wearing her favorite outfit; she's always bragging about how expensive it is and that there are only 100 like hers”
 
“And we are going to ruin her outfit?”
 
“Exactly…” they grinned.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was out at the backyard, swinging slowly as she watched Inuyasha working in his study room. Lately, she has been having the feeling that Inuyasha has been pushing her apart, maybe because he was hurt or maybe because of the fact that he was going to marry Kikyo. `I like to think that he is hurt but… somehow I know it's because of Kikyo… she will marry him and I will be in charge of taking care of their kids forever and to watch them live so happily while I get old and die alone…' she looked at her necklace and grabbed the Shikon jewel. `At least I got you mom… I miss you so much…' she sighed heavily, trying to think about something else that wasn't Inuyasha and Kikyo.
 
“Admit it Kagome, he's never going to be with you…” she sighed again.
 
“Why are you talking alone?” Naraku asked, sitting on the grass next to her swing.
 
“I wasn't talking alone, I was talking to myself at loud…” he smiled.
 
“Sorry, what's up with you?”
 
“Just thinking… I think that's the only thing I've been doing lately”
 
“About what?”
 
“My mom, Kikyo… and… Inuyasha” she sighed.
 
Naraku knew what was going on between the three of them or maybe the four of them since he was involved in it too but for this time, he pretended he didn't know a thing about the whole deal.
 
“Why were you thinking about Inuyasha?”
 
“He worries me, I mean… look at him; he's working too hard and for too long and… I'm worried he might get sick or something… he's not even eating enough or resting enough…” she looked at him through the window and sighed again.
 
“You seem to worry about him a lot…” he swallowed hard, feeling his heart speed up as she grabbed his hand. “You should think a little about yourself”
 
“Why think about me when I got you worrying about me?” she stood up and kissed him lightly on the cheek. “You're a very good friend Naraku, thanks”
 
He was shocked for a moment and watched her leave as he stood up and smiled. `Kagome… she is… very different from Kikyo, something I can't believe it's happening… I mean, I'm supposed to help Kikyo to get my father his money for the medicines but… Kagome… I can't help Kikyo anymore because her I think I'm in love with her sister…' he sighed defeated, knowing that he couldn't battle that feeling anymore.
 
“I finally get rid of those brats and I find you here… and not at the garage where you usually are, why are you here, anyway?” Kikyo asked.
 
“Do you know that sometimes being in the same place everyday can bore you?”
 
“I never get bored at the mall” he rolled his eyes.
 
“So, what are you up to?”
 
“I can't tell you right now… they could be spying” she whispered. “I was wondering if you could take me to the mall… I need to think about other things”
 
“Yeah, why not? I need to think too…” he walked away and Kikyo stared at him. “Aren't you coming?”
 
“Why are you acting so weird?”
 
“I'm not acting weird… what's wrong with me wanting to think?” she shook her head.
 
“Never mind… let's go before the brats find me again…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome was at her room, along with Kouga. He was there because she was very depressed lately and he seemed to be very aware of that, he was still cared about her and was also in love with one of her friends, although Kagome didn't know anything about that. She had been crying for a long time and he was with her to make sure she wouldn't cry anymore.
 
“I thought that everything would be okay now… since, you know… he seems to love you a lot and…”
 
“No, he's not in love with me… if he was in love with me, why is he ignoring me? Why is he always acting so cruel? Why is he being so cold with me and the next second so loving?” she asked and cried more, he patted her head gently.
 
“Listen, is not that he doesn't care about you… is just that, everything that happened lately and…”
 
“I know it's hard but… I can't keep suffering from all this…” she cleaned her tears.
 
“I know you love him a lot… and that's why you can't leave him right now, he needs you more than ever… I know my brother and when he's hurt he tries to swallow the pain slowly…”
 
“Some times I feel that you are here to protect me, more than I am here to protect you” he smiled.
 
“What time is it?” he asked, hugging her tightly.
 
“About 22…”
 
“Shit! I'm late to…” she eyed him weirdly. “To a date… sorry, I have to go”
 
“Promise me you'll be back by midnight”
 
“I'll try…” he said and left.
 
“Try hard!” she yelled and smiled a little.
 
`I love him… I love him with all my hard and even though he's mean, he's an arrogant jerk and most of the times he ignores me for Kikyo but… that can't stop me from loving him, it's always the same and I… I can't keep myself suffering from all of this, I can't keep loving him knowing that he's destined to be with another woman…' she felt some tears rolling down her cheeks and cleaned them when she heard someone coming to her room.
 
“I see you're still thinking about that someone” Sesshomaru said, sitting next to her in the bed.
 
“I wish it wasn't that way, but I can't help it…” she sniffed.
 
“I know it's Inuyasha” he said and Kagome gasped.
 
“But I… we…”
 
“I don't know how you can be in love with him, he doesn't treat you like you deserve… he is the biggest fool on earth like to ignore a princess like you… and I can't let that happen right in front of my eyes but I can't do anything either to change your heart's decision…” she smiled warmly at him.
 
“Sesshomaru… you…”
 
“Call me Sess, please”
 
“Sess… I know how Inuyasha is and I wish I could change my heart's decision at this moment but… I will always love him; I've never felt something like what I'm feeling for him…”
 
“I can wait for you… if only you realize that he isn't good enough for you”
 
“And you will wait for an eternity…” she saw him getting closer to her. “Because… I… love… Inuyasha…”
 
“Do you really love him? Or you're with him because you've never been with someone else like that?” Kagome swallowed hard as she felt his breathing on her lips.
 
“I… I… always…” he placed a finger on her lips. “Sess?”
 
“Kagome, I could give you the world… if only you knew I existed…”
 
Sesshomaru then pressed his lips gently against hers; giving her a soft, sweet kiss she had been waiting for a long time. Kagome was lost in it and felt she should give in, letting him have taste of her for a moment.
 
“And he did it again, ladies and gentlemen… why did I even thought this time would be different?” Inuyasha said, getting out of the room.
 
“Inuyasha! Wait!” Kagome said, she was about to follow him when Sesshomaru grabbed her arm.
 
“He's not worth it Kagome…” Sesshomaru remind her.
 
“He might not be worth it but I'm still in love with him and I can't leave this like this…” she ran behind Inuyasha finding him on her favorite place, at the peach tree.
 
“I guess I'm always going to end up loosing, right?” he asked, refusing to meet her gaze.
 
“I just got caught up in the moment, the kiss… it meant nothing to me, you understand?”
 
“Of course I understand, you say that to me now but you know damn well that it did mean something!” he raised his voice. “You like him Kagome, admit it and say it on my face, tell me that you don't care about me, that you…”
 
For a moment, the only thing he could feel was her hand slapping his cheek harshly. He got to his senses right in time to watch the woman he loved, in her knees crying. He hugged her for a moment before she pushed him away and turned her back at him.
 
“I've been suffering for you, crying for you, worried sick for you and you thank me by telling me that I don't care about you?!”
 
“Kagome…” she shook her head.
 
“Forget about everything Inuyasha, I'm done with you…” she cleaned her tears. “You can marry Kikyo and be happily ever after with her for all I care… just don't try to make me fall in love with you again”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kouga was at the place where Kenoske and his gang used to be at, he had been waiting for half an hour now and there was no sign of them. `I could always leave but… Ayame… she needs me, she is suffering a lot from this and I just can't abandon her after all I went through…' he thought as he walked around the place, he then felt his cheek in pain and when he touched it, he saw blood.
 
“I guess I still have the touch…” Yura said, coming from the dark with small daggers on her hands.
 
“Where's Kenoske?”
 
“He'll come, he asked me to keep and eye on you till he came… and I couldn't say no to watch this candy eye” she got closer at him and he chuckled.
 
“So do you always attack the guys you like?” she shook her head.
 
“Just the ones that are trying to enter the gang…” she placed on her of her daggers in his other cheek. “And I like to mark my guys…”
 
“Stop bugging him, that was enough” Kenoske said, coming out from the same spot in which Yura was.
 
“Oh… do you always have to ruin my fun?” she asked moving next to him.
 
“What is my first task?” Kouga finally asked.
 
“Take this to this address…” he gave him a small package and a paper.
 
“That's it?”
 
“Did I mention that you'll be inside Kuranoske's territory?” Kenoske said and Yura giggled.
 
“Remember what I said about marking my guys? Just be careful hun…” Yura smiled.
 
“If you do come alive, come tomorrow for my next task…” Kenoske left with Yura.
 
Kouga still had the same gun he used last time to scare Kuranoske's guys the other night, but this time he had to be more careful. If Yura gave him that scar was to be identified, he assumed that not many guys came alive from there and decided to walk through the shadows to avoid any gang member. For a few minutes it worked, till he crashed with someone, he pulled out his gun and pointed at whoever it was forehead.
 
“Another move and you're out of brains” he whispered.
 
“I'm here to help you…” he heard Ayame's voice and pulled away the fake pistol. “Where did you get that gun?”
 
“Nowhere, I can do this by myself… just go, what if someone is following me?”
 
“I'm here to follow you… just do what I say and everything will be okay” he sighed defeated.
 
“Alright, what do I have to do?”
 
“Go to the light green house at the end of the street, there will be one of Kenoske's men… making sure you didn't cheat, he'll give you a package but… he is also part of Kuranoske's gang… he's a very tricky guy so as soon as you get the other package, run out of there”
 
“That sounds easy, wait for me here…”
 
Kouga did as he was ordered and walked carefully to the light green house at the end of the street, when he finally got there; he knocked desperately on the door and waited for someone to answer. A guy with a Mohawk and a piercing in his eyebrow and nose opened the door.
 
“What do you want?”
 
“Kenoske send this…” Kouga gave him the package and handed him a piece of paper.
 
“Make sure you get out of this one” the guy mumbled as he closed the door.
 
Kouga walked back to the place where Ayame should be waiting for him when he heard someone shooting, a guy bleeding a lot came and fell in front of him, Kouga checked if he was okay, he got his shirt stained in blood when he noticed that the guy got shot in the stomach.
 
“Run… before…” the guy died and Kouga saw three more guys in front of him.
 
“Who are you?! Did you kill him?!”
 
“No, I was just…”
 
“It was him! I know it! The guy who killed Shaoran had a scar on his face… it's him!” the same guy with the Mohawk said and Kouga shook his head.
 
“No, I…”
 
“Get him” the Mohawk guy yelled.
 
Kouga run away from the guys as they shot at him, missing every time but that sure was scaring Kouga and Ayame. When he got next to her he fell, making Ayame think that he got shoot. She looked at his t-shirt in horror and hugged him.
 
“I told you not to get involved in this… I was going to get out of this by my own but no, you had to interfere” she almost cried and felt Kouga moving.
 
“Let's go before we get killed” he grabbed her hand and pulled her away with him as he tried to get away from the guys.
 
When they were finally out of danger, she hugged him tightly. He was shocked and returned the hug.
 
“I thought you were dead…” she whispered.
 
“I'm okay…” she pulled away from him and slapped him.
 
“And you couldn't say that before?!” she said furious and he chuckled.
 
“I'm okay…” he repeated and she sighed.
 
“I have to go know… I'll let Kenoske know you are alive, where's the paper Suichi gave you?”
 
“Who?”
 
“The guy with the Mohawk…” he pulled it out and showed it to her. “Read it, there will be your next task… bye now”
 
Kouga watched her leave like she always did, when she was out of sight he opened up the paper slowly and read what was written. `bring me the necklace of emerald from this address, if you don't get it don't even think about showing up tomorrow night and don't try to be a smartass… I'll send someone to follow you' he ripped the note and threw it away.
 
“Things I do for love…” he sighed and went home.
 
 
 
 
A/N: remember when I said that there will be only 11 chapters more? Well, the countdown starts from the chapter in which I said it… meaning on chapter 49… which means that now are only 8 chapters left… so you should enjoy this `cause it's going to get VERY good… lol… review please!!! =)